Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,740 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

The Quran Challenge! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Quran Challenge! (548 Views)

Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh / Does The Quran Permit Suicide? / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Quran Challenge! by tbaba1234: 4:33pm On May 28, 2012
SubhanAllah! It is always a beauty looking at these gems:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqvVaK7FayI&feature=plcp
Re: The Quran Challenge! by Maisuya1: 10:10pm On May 28, 2012
Allahu Akbar Kabeeran!

I read this verse at least weekly but never noticed this!

What amazes me more is that the verse spoke of the sun(in singular) and moon (in singular), thus if i were the speaker the pronoun I would have chosen would have been "kulluhuma" I.e both of them (this is a unique pronoun not available in English as a word) but Allah choose "kullun" I.e all of them (indicating there were other SUNS and MOONS not yet known then). And the intriguing part was that classical scholars, even though they didn't know of the existence of other suns and moons, had no choice but to translate the verse as it were, not as they thought was.

THANKS BE TO ALLAH WHO PROMISED TO PRESERVE THE QURAN IN IT'S PURE FORM, AND HAS MADE US AMONGST IT'S PEOPLE.

1 Like

Re: The Quran Challenge! by tbaba1234: 5:56am On May 31, 2012

(1) (Reply)

We Are Muslims Not A Terrorist!!! / Creating A Large Scale Islamic Website Very Soon - Your Suggestions Needed / The Man From Mecca

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.