Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police (18406 Views)

Finally! Alison-madueke Honours London Police Invitation. / London Police Denies Arrest Of Diezani Alison-madueke. - Reuters. / Emperor Ademusiwa is the commander of the country of Western Nigeria military (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Beaf: 8:12pm On May 28, 2012
[size=14pt]Nigerian appointed London police first black commander[/size]
Monday, 28 May 2012 15:39 NAN

Victor Olisa, a UK-based Nigerian and a Chief Superintendent with the London Metropolitan Police has been appointed as the first black commander for Bexley local council in London.

"Policing runs in the family and I have always wanted to be a police officer and ethnicity does not affect that" Olisa told the Europe Correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in his reaction on the appointment in London.

Olisa, whose grandfather was a police officer in Nigeria, said his focus was on the job rather than on being the ``first black'' adding that his ethnicity never affected the way he carried out his duties.

``I consider myself first and foremost a police officer. If (being black) is an advantage, then brilliant; If it's a disadvantage, I will have to deal with that, I can't hide it.''

Olisa said a lot was being done to address racism within the force adding that it was the responsibility of the force to correct wrongs and not an institution for people with racist views.

``I am impeccably against anyone who uses racist language or behaves in a racist manner. This will not be allowed under my watch.

``I believe that everyone should be treated with dignity wherever they come from,'' Olisa said.

Olisa, 52, born in Warri, Delta, is one of the three chief superintendents from black minority ethnic background working for the Metropolitan Police.

He started his career in Surrey Police in 1982 before transferring to the City of London Police in 1990 as detective inspector in the Fraud Squad.

After a spell at the Home Office, he transferred to the Metropolitan police in 2006 as a superintendent in Southwark Council before his recent appointment.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/284-breaking-news/38565-nigerian-appointed-london-police-first-black-commander

1 Like

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by blacksta(m): 8:20pm On May 28, 2012
Mr double speak

These are same people you claim are unhappy abroad and claim to have mental issues

Which one we go believe now
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by DaLover(m): 8:40pm On May 28, 2012
@blacksta, when someone shows the rest of the world that Nigerians in London are not only cab drivers, dish washer, street cleaners, toilet attendants, we need to recognize it.
what do u think?

7 Likes

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Beaf: 8:46pm On May 28, 2012
First of all, congrats to Victor Olisa. Another guy doing us proud.

blacksta: Mr double speak

These are same people you claim are unhappy abroad and claim to have mental issues

Which one we go believe now

Stop being silly, bro.
I said people shouldn't travel abroad without a water tight plan, cos the streets are not paved in gold as some think. I went on to give solid statistics to show that many of our brothers and sisters develop mental health issues from the horrific levels of degradation and suffering they go through. Others end up in jail.

If not for your bad bele, the first thing you would have done was express your hapiness for Victor Olisa for making us proud. Will you find it in yourself to do that?

1 Like

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by bittyend(m): 9:06pm On May 28, 2012
Who cares? Phuck the feds!!!

1 Like

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by ikeyman00(m): 9:19pm On May 28, 2012
^^^ bug off we care
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:02am On May 29, 2012
photo of Mr. Victor Olisa.

1 Like

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:31am On May 29, 2012
mr victor olisa

1 Like

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by FSU: 2:00am On May 29, 2012
Beaf: [size=14pt]Nigerian appointed London police first black commander[/size]
Monday, 28 May 2012 15:39 NAN

Victor Olisa, a UK-based Nigerian and a Chief Superintendent with the London Metropolitan Police has been appointed as the first black commander for Bexley local council in London.

"Policing runs in the family and I have always wanted to be a police officer and ethnicity does not affect that" Olisa told the Europe Correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in his reaction on the appointment in London.

Olisa, whose grandfather was a police officer in Nigeria, said his focus was on the job rather than on being the ``first black'' adding that his ethnicity never affected the way he carried out his duties.

``I consider myself first and foremost a police officer. If (being black) is an advantage, then brilliant; If it's a disadvantage, I will have to deal with that, I can't hide it.''

Olisa said a lot was being done to address racism within the force adding that it was the responsibility of the force to correct wrongs and not an institution for people with racist views.

``I am impeccably against anyone who uses racist language or behaves in a racist manner. This will not be allowed under my watch.

``I believe that everyone should be treated with dignity wherever they come from,'' Olisa said.

Olisa, 52, born in Warri, Delta, is one of the three chief superintendents from black minority ethnic background working for the Metropolitan Police.

He started his career in Surrey Police in 1982 before transferring to the City of London Police in 1990 as detective inspector in the Fraud Squad.

After a spell at the Home Office, he transferred to the Metropolitan police in 2006 as a superintendent in Southwark Council before his recent appointment.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/284-breaking-news/38565-nigerian-appointed-london-police-first-black-commander

Per Naija tribal demagoguery, it is not important where he was born in. What is important is his ethnic heritage. Apparently, he is Igbo (Delta Igbo or Anambra Igbo), as in, Olisa Agbakoba family. This Igbo people sef. All those Yoruba criminals in the UK should begin to repent. Biafran police will whoop their a/rs/es soon

3 Likes

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 2:11am On May 29, 2012
FSU:

Per Naija tribal demagoguery, it is not important where he was born in. What is important is his ethnic heritage. Apparently, he is Igbo (Delta Igbo or Anambra Igbo), as in, Olisa Agbakoba family. This Igbo people sef. All those Yoruba criminals in the UK should begin to repent. Biafran police will whoop their a/rs/es soon

When did Olisa become Igbo?? Get a life!!

The guy doesn't even care about tribe - but he's not Igbo.. He's urhobo!

2 Likes

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by FSU: 2:15am On May 29, 2012
shymmex:

You're crazy. This is not about oily soup. We are talking Igbo here so buzz off, busy bee.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 2:17am On May 29, 2012
FSU Beaf:

You're crazy. This is not about oily soup. We are talking Igbo here so buzz off, busy bee.

I can see through you, fake SS guy. grin grin grin grin grin

Come harder next time, and leave the guy to do his job.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Musiwa49: 2:34am On May 29, 2012
FSU are you saying he is Uhrobo. ? I dont think so.

The name of the root is Benin. Most likely around Agbor. Where is Olisa Agbakoba from?

1 Like

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by FSU: 2:38am On May 29, 2012
Musiwa,,:
Where is Olisa Agbakoba from?

Agbakoba is from Anambra

Actually Delta Igbos bear Olise which is the same as Olisa in Anambra Igbo and orisa in Imo/Abia/Rivers Igbo
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by velo10: 2:45am On May 29, 2012
Great development. Goodluck to him.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Musiwa49: 2:46am On May 29, 2012
you be correct igbo, igbo people like to claim better thing. If them say, the man now criminal now, you go say olisa na yoruba name? Una go kill person self.

4 Likes

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Musiwa49: 2:50am On May 29, 2012
You, olisa means God... chineke or Chukwu is God in Igbo

So explain to me how they look the same.

I told you people that most people from delta north, their root is benin and not igbo. it is close proximity to the river that is why some of them speak igbo. Look Nupe people speak Yoruba.. Most people from the middle belt speak hausa. Does that make the middle belt people hausa or nupe people Yoruba.

Gowon speak hausa, but he is not hausa. atiku speak hausa but he is not hausa.

The problem is most people dont know their root. I started reading up from the internet books on africa root.

2 Likes

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Beaf: 3:32am On May 29, 2012
shymmex:

FSU Beaf:

I can see through you, fake SS guy. grin grin grin grin grin

Come harder next time, and leave the guy to do his job.

Why do you call "Beaf" everywhere like alj haram? Are you ill?
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by SamIkenna: 4:05am On May 29, 2012
Musiwa,,:

I told you people that most people from delta north, their root is benin and not igbo. it is close proximity to the river that is why some of them speak igbo. Look Nupe people speak Yoruba.. Most people from the middle belt speak hausa. Does that make the middle belt people hausa or nupe people Yoruba.

The problem is most people dont know their root. I started reading up from the internet books on africa root.

I hate to correct you on this but Olisa is Igbo. What I dont know and dont care about is if hes Igbo or not. Some people can choose to have names from different groups, but saying Olisa is not Igbo is pure bull. Olisa means God, we use Orisa in Imo while Anambara uses Olisa so do the math bro.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Yeske2(m): 7:20am On May 29, 2012
See derailment, Victor Olisa made first black commander of the London police and the next thing na to dissect the origin of Olisa, i am waiting for that of Victor too---FSU, shymmex and Musiwa, over to you guys.

4 Likes

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 7:36am On May 29, 2012
Yeske!:
See derailment, Victor Olisa made first black commander of the London police and the next thing na to dissect the origin of Olisa, i am waiting for that of Victor too---FSU, shymmex and Musiwa, over to you guys.

Over to me?? grin grin grin

I don't care about the guy's tribe - I was just correcting FSU Beaf.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by igbo2011(m): 7:38am On May 29, 2012
Nigerians love being validated by the Europeans. We have a slave mentality SMH

2 Likes

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by valicious1(m): 7:39am On May 29, 2012
Congrats bruv. Others who go 2 London to rape & molest can learn a lesson or two from you!!
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 7:42am On May 29, 2012
igbo2011: Nigerians love being validated by the Europeans. We have a slave mentality SMH

Bwahahahahahaha

Welcome to Nairaland, bruv.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by chuks49(m): 7:42am On May 29, 2012
Musiwa,,:

What a great effort from you in exposing your ignorance. Good job, keep it up.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by valicious1(m): 7:46am On May 29, 2012
Op you make my post seem meaningless. I mean despoil & not nonsense molestaion. Since when did despoil become a corrupt word? Pastor de use am 4 church sef talkless of a circular site like dis. Guy abi robot no make me vex 4 u o.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by chmod777: 7:47am On May 29, 2012
shymmex:

Please are you just trying to raise issues out of nothing.
Just learn today that OLISA is a name for most Igbos in Anambra and Delta states.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by MrGlobe(m): 7:50am On May 29, 2012
FSU:

Lol, this particular soup has done a lot of harm to brains. Its this particular soup that has led to child molestation cases and criminal activities to its eaters. Stay away from this soup. Congrats olisa, proud igbo son just like many others. We bring the laurels while they bring the shame
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by member479760: 7:52am On May 29, 2012
hopeless people start the tribal fight,
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by chmod777: 7:52am On May 29, 2012
Musiwa,,:

If you say so, Tunde Bakare is from Ilorin which is North Central is not Yoruba. All in Kwara are not Yoruba including Tunde Idiagbon... does this make meaning ?
if not then go and get your head to rest and think properly
People like you call Late Nzeogwu and Igbo man (Which truely he was without shame) because he lead a coup, but you forget he was from Asaba. Thank God you could acknowlege Asaba man in Delta state is Igbo.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 7:54am On May 29, 2012
You're here fighting over his ethnicity or lack thereof, but correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure he never identified with Nigeria in his interview.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sylva: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate In Bayelsa State State / FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders / Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.