Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Exposing The Myth That Africa Is Backward Solely Because Of Black People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exposing The Myth That Africa Is Backward Solely Because Of Black People (1729 Views)

Why Africa Is Backward (pictures) / We Reversed Admission Policy Because The North Is Backward – Jamb / David Mark Solely Sworn In As A Mark Of Respect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exposing The Myth That Africa Is Backward Solely Because Of Black People by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 28, 2012
Nnenna1

It is a misconception that the Western White elite are not power-hungry or disdainful of the common masses. In fact, I also feel confident in saying that Western Whites as a whole place a lot of their self-confidence and self-worth on the fact that they are sitting pretty on the racial hierarchy. They are subtly power-drunk. Challenge their position and watch them cringe in discomfort.

One thing I will give them is their ability to use brains, military might, and patient precision in fostering a global atmosphere conducive to them. Brainwashing, colonialism, immense Western wealth and power, "western" science and technology, minority self-hatred and feelings of inadequacy, western institutions and belief systems being the default, what have you. The point is that at present they have managed to bring the rest world to its feet. Love them or hate them you will have to admit that this empire is bound to go to the history books to be studied by future generations - thousands of years from now(if an enlightened human civilization still exists then). Heck this thread is one of many parts of this documented tapestry. Of course, all good (and bad) things come to an end. Someone else is bound to grip the stirring wheel next.

However, from all indications it seems that no Black-run nation is anywhere near challenging this grip of power. None. At least the Asians can smile a bit for that one (China, Japan), also Latin America to an extent, at one point (Cuba), and Eastern Europe (Russia).

It may very well be that one day Africa will rise. I'm just sad that there is a 99.9% chance that none of us writing here will be alive to see it. Nor our will children, or grandchildren either.

Who knows though, right? My insignificant write-up might have inspired one or two young ones to make it their life mission to prove my prognosis about Africa wrong.
Re: Exposing The Myth That Africa Is Backward Solely Because Of Black People by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 28, 2012
^^^I had to make a thread for this - because I never believed I could meet a Nigerian girl (I have a lot of Jamaicans, and Americans who believe in the same analogy) who's this knowledgeable about the world in my lifetime on this planet.. Most Nigerian girls IMHO are subconsciously slaves to eurocentric views on everything.. Heck, they only care about wigs, weaves, and lace fronts - and having an intelligent discourse with a Nigerian girl, is like barking at the wrong tree... That's why I stick to clowning around on this forum...

Nnnena's post mirrors everything I believe in - and what every critical thinker has being saying for a long time.. Africa is backward because of its inability to challenge the powers governing the world.. Anyone who dare try to stand-up to the west is demonized and taken care off..

Hat off to Nnenna, you're a rare breed.. Salute!
Re: Exposing The Myth That Africa Is Backward Solely Because Of Black People by redsun(m): 10:22pm On May 28, 2012
Wisdom and wittiness are self taught,they are inborn.The need to stay afloat is instinctive.Nobody but africans can free themselves and they can only do that when they realize what the game is all about.That the game is all about "whole freedom".
Re: Exposing The Myth That Africa Is Backward Solely Because Of Black People by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 28, 2012
redsun: Wisdom and wittiness are self taught,they are inborn.The need to stay afloat is instinctive.Nobody but africans can free themselves and they can only do that when they realize what the game is all about.That the game is all about "whole freedom".

But how can Africa emancipate itself in a globalised world, where leaders are chosen in Washington, and Brussels - without a military might?? We don't have the power to fight the powers that be - and most Africans have been brainwashed anyways.. Even most our "intelligent" academics, and scholars can't even see beyond the lense of their glasses...

It's a cold world, brother..
Re: Exposing The Myth That Africa Is Backward Solely Because Of Black People by firestar(f): 10:44pm On May 28, 2012
*Singing Jailer*
Re: Exposing The Myth That Africa Is Backward Solely Because Of Black People by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 28, 2012
firestar: *Singing Jailer*

Whatever rocks your world, mate..

Just get some weaves, and lace fronts - and fix up, lackey. undecided
Re: Exposing The Myth That Africa Is Backward Solely Because Of Black People by firestar(f): 10:52pm On May 28, 2012
Leave spitfiring to me guv. Surely, you misunderstood. sad
Re: Exposing The Myth That Africa Is Backward Solely Because Of Black People by Nobody: 2:00am On May 29, 2012
Nigerians are shying away from this thread smh.
Re: Exposing The Myth That Africa Is Backward Solely Because Of Black People by Nobody: 8:15am On May 29, 2012
What do you mean by "myth"? Africa is predominantly populated by black people, and Africa is backward. Does it not make perfect sense, therefore to infer that Africa's black people are the cause of the continent's backwardness? Afterall, any society can only be as developed as the individuals living in it. I don't see how this is a "myth". Blaming others for our own backwardness and cluelessness is something that has never made any sense to me. We can't rise above this shameful backwardness unless and until we stop making excuses and begin to accept responsibility - that is the necessary first step.
Re: Exposing The Myth That Africa Is Backward Solely Because Of Black People by bittyend(m): 9:16pm On May 29, 2012
Interesting read!
Re: Exposing The Myth That Africa Is Backward Solely Because Of Black People by mystikal(m): 6:25pm On May 31, 2012
poster and quote seem to be singing different tunes
Re: Exposing The Myth That Africa Is Backward Solely Because Of Black People by StarrMatthieu: 8:02am On Aug 09, 2012
Great
Re: Exposing The Myth That Africa Is Backward Solely Because Of Black People by KiKatanga: 8:19am On Aug 09, 2012
shymmex:

But how can Africa emancipate itself in a globalised world, where leaders are chosen in Washington, and Brussels - without a military might?? We don't have the power to fight the powers that be - and most Africans have been brainwashed anyways.. Even most our "intelligent" academics, and scholars can't even see beyond the lense of their glasses...

It's a cold world, brother..

Don't be daft. We have a lot of the energy, all of the minerals and all of the manpower we need. We need to give the religion a rest and pick up the school books. We need to vote with our heads not our tribes. If we all did that it would be a short journey.
Re: Exposing The Myth That Africa Is Backward Solely Because Of Black People by kunlekunle: 9:04am On Aug 09, 2012
its a global issue that affects all races over a peiod of time until they are awaken.
Europe too had similar problem till they recreated their system through reasoning.
their age of reasoning created several thinkers that solved their problems because they realised they had one.

the type of knowledge we aquire affects us..... there are two types 1, theoretical knowledge, that knows things but dont understand it, usually religious in nature and the cosmos. Having a knowlegde of that which is far but not clear.
2, practical knowledge ... i'll say DIY approach. Do It Yourself. that is what is near and known to us. What you see and understand and interact with.

no one is responsible for Africas backwardness but Africans themselves.
The truth of knowing the truth and understang self and been just about the knowledge is the beginning of our freedom.
Re: Exposing The Myth That Africa Is Backward Solely Because Of Black People by KiKatanga: 9:07am On Aug 09, 2012
kunlekunle: its a global issue that affects all races over a peiod of time until they are awaken.
Europe too had similar problem till they recreated their system through reasoning.
their age of reasoning created several thinkers that solved their problems because they realised they had one.

the type of knowledge we aquire affects us..... there are two types 1, theoretical knowledge, that knows things but dont understand it, usually religious in nature and the cosmos. Having a knowlegde of that which is far but not clear.
2, practical knowledge ... i'll say DIY approach. Do It Yourself. that is what is near and known to us. What you see and understand and interact with.

no one is responsible for Africas backwardness but Africans themselves.
The truth of knowing the truth and understang self and been just about the knowledge is the beginning of our freedom.

What do you mean when you say "Theoretical knowledge... usually religious in nature"?
Re: Exposing The Myth That Africa Is Backward Solely Because Of Black People by KiKatanga: 9:20am On Aug 09, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

What do you mean when you say "Theoretical knowledge... usually religious in nature"?

Most knowledge that allows society to develop is "theoretical science" in this instance its theoretical nature refers to it being open to being disproven rather than its not having been proven. The theory of electromagnetism is fully understood and quantifiable, it is how you and I are communicating now -- unlike religion the sciences require the burden of proof, if something is not proven to be true by experiment and demonstration it is not held to be true.

(1) (Reply)

Nepotism And Tribalism In Nigeria As A Polity. / Resign Now, CNPP Tells ‘corrupt’ Ministers Wogu, Orubebe / Amnesty International: State Of Emergency And Civillian Casualties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.