Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? (46159 Views)

Android Vs Windows Phone Vs Ios - Home Screen / Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know / Difference between .Sis n .Sisx on symbian phones!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Winnerslfc(m): 8:09am On May 29, 2012
So have you ever got stuck in between two options on whether to buy an android powered phone or just buy a symbian phone? If you have been there before, can u tell us what ur final decion was and why?
Lets know your view.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Joe50(m): 12:04am On May 30, 2012
wanted to create a threat like this... Tanx any way.

Please Nl between symbian 3rd edition and lastest andiod which is better? Especially battery lasting and browsing fastness plus data consumption and durability.

Am currently using Nokia E71 and planning to switch to andiod.

Pls help.

1 Like

Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by amblors(m): 6:17am On May 30, 2012
I used the Nokia 6120c which I loved very much, den I tot to upgrade to an E-series fone, I chose the E75, twas more than I bargained for, had memory leak issues,I got a replacement, d new one had same problems, I loved d slider keyboard underneath though,I liked the hardware, twas the software that let me down.
While I still owned it, I used a friends Sony Ericsson X10mini, can't rem if that's the exact model name, but twas a very small fone.
Twas like the scales fell off my eyes, this fone that was half the price of my nokia had me excited.
It runs the android OS, the interface was slick, nothing iv experienced on my nokia like ever, twas the browser that knocked my Nokia off the park. Simply, twas beautiful, user friendly browsing experience. I had frustrations browsing with the nokia browser time n time again.
So there n then I opted to get off d Nokia bandwagon.
After all Nokia has admitted Symbian devices are gonna stop soon, n support for it would also b dropped, so y get a symbian device?
Admittedly I havnt used all em belle n Anna OS actively.
I can rem the hype though wen the Nokia N8 came out, afta a short while on the nokia forum, u could hia cries, most admitted twas just a fone with a great camera, unable to compete with its contemporaries.
I did opt for the bold 9900, yes its overpriced, but the browsing experience is way more than I experienced on my nokia.
if I do leave blackberry, I'm gonna get a android device. No more Nokia except a Win7 device impresses me plenty.

3 Likes

Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by OgidiOlu3(m): 8:25am On May 30, 2012
The topic should be 'nokia belle vs android' and i would willingly go 4 a belle anytime. Nokia belle devices are relatively cheaper than its android counterparts. Everyone knws Nokia has stronger hardware than any other fone, it's also user-friendly. The nokia maps is free-for-a-lifetime which means u can navigate OFFLINE. Data consumption on nokia belle is relatively lower than android. Android has lots of apps, yes(over 450,000) but nokia has a better battery(and also has lots of apps too at ovi store). If u want to know more about belle, just go to d thread wit d topic 'nokia belle is here'.

3 Likes

Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Mafia4life(m): 10:25am On May 30, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:
The topic should be 'nokia belle vs android' and i would willingly go 4 a belle anytime. Nokia belle devices are relatively cheaper than its android counterparts. Everyone knws Nokia has stronger hardware than any other fone, it's also user-friendly. The nokia maps is free-for-a-lifetime which means u can navigate OFFLINE. Data consumption on nokia belle is relatively lower than android. Android has lots of apps, yes(over 450,000) but nokia has a better battery(and also has lots of apps too at ovi store). If u want to know more about belle, just go to d thread wit d topic 'nokia belle is here'.
I doubt if Andriod is much more expensive than symbian. U cant compare the price of E72 to Samsung Pro Y Dous. or even E6 to Y pro dous. Yet, this low-end andriod is far more lovely than E72. The GPS on Andriod is more active than my E72.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Joe50(m): 12:29pm On May 30, 2012
are guys advising me to switch to andriod?
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by amblors(m): 12:46pm On May 30, 2012
Joe50: are guys advising me to switch to andriod?

Don't just go wit the wind.
Find a phone that suits ur purpose.
That's how I define 'the best phone for u'
Theyr diff considerations wen buying a phone, like:
screen size,
size of the phone,
application store
availability of physical keyboard,
preference for touchscreen only,
Data consumption,
Messaging features,
Browsing experience,
battery life etc.
IMO nokia has the best battery life, android has betta usabilty, u have the choice of to diff phone vendors with android OS , nokia alone runs symbian.
U get good battery life from android fones If u buy d very big ones (@least datz wot the specs say).
The choice is urs man.

1 Like

Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 31, 2012
You are just comparing sleep with death. Its android and other phones.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by norrisman: 3:19pm On May 31, 2012
Symbian is dead!

Nokia uses WindowsPhone on its high end phones now.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Blackteeth(m): 3:24pm On May 31, 2012
I use both Android and Symbian therefore am in position to post in this thread.
Starting with Android, I have discovered that it uses your data bundle excessively. Secondly, the battery life is poor compared to Nokia. Apart from that, no other problems. Android has alot of applications compared to Symbian, therefore you can do much more with it.
Talking about Symbian, Nokia has a very strong battery and hardware better than other brands of phones and therefore lasts longer. Thats the big advantage of Nokia

2 Likes

Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by otumfour(m): 3:29pm On May 31, 2012
take this! and this is coming from an IOS grin dude, ANDROID is 100 times betta than symbian (notice I spelt symbian in lowercase) in every aspect. angry

welcome!
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Kagawa: 3:35pm On May 31, 2012
How can you cmpare ANDROID and symbian its like cmparing Apapa ashawo shocked with ikeja Ashawo. cry ANDRIOD IS WAY OUT OF symbian's league,end of story.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by FKO1(m): 3:41pm On May 31, 2012
Kagawa: How can you cmpare ANDROID and symbian its like cmparing Apapa ashawo shocked with ikeja Ashawo. cry ANDRIOD IS WAY OUT OF symbian's league,end of story.
you suffèring 4rm mental derailment.
Wetin consine ashawo with d topic.*hisses*

2 Likes

Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by KINGwax(m): 3:45pm On May 31, 2012
Mafia4life:
I doubt if Andriod is much more expensive than symbian. U cant compare the price of E72 to Samsung Pro Y Dous. or even E6 to Y pro dous. Yet, this low-end andriod is far more lovely than E72. The GPS on Andriod is more active than my E72.
why do u keep saying e72. Even e75 is an old phone with an old software. Why not 702, N8, C7 or N9..the experience is wow!
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Kagawa: 3:51pm On May 31, 2012
hiiiaaannnn, shebi na cmpare i cmpare naa, no be fyt, bsyds, phones and OS are like women, we dont use eida for long, we just kip changing cos we are neva satisfied with the one we have got. EOS
F.K.O:
you suffèring 4rm mental derailment.
Wetin consine ashawo with d topic.*hisses*
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by megxo(m): 3:52pm On May 31, 2012
KINGwax: why do u keep saying e72. Even e75 is an old phone with an old software. Why not 702, N8, C7 or N9..the experience is wow!
or nokia 808 ba....d fone na die
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by beethoven: 3:53pm On May 31, 2012
Blackteeth: I use both Android and Symbian therefore am in position to post in this thread.
Starting with Android, I have discovered that it uses your data bundle excessively. Secondly, the battery life is poor compared to Nokia. Apart from that, no other problems. Android has alot of applications compared to Symbian, therefore you can do much more with it.
Talking about Symbian, Nokia has a very strong battery and hardware better than other brands of phones and therefore lasts longer. Thats the big advantage of Nokia

For Android, the data and battery consumption issues are true to an extent but the real problem is that people that use android just go to the android market, install applications that are always connecting to the Internet for updates. Sometimes you'd have a situation where some people would have more than 2 weather monitoring applications installed on their android phones, with all these always connected for updates. If add up other scenarios where u have more than one application for the same purpose, u'd simply zap off your data bundle in no time. Same thing goes for battery, people tend to always have too many applications opened at the same time and left running even when they are not in use. Also u don't have to use 3G unless u really need it, u can change ur network settings to always use Edge. I currently use this strategy and it works fine for me. I've never used more than 500MB of data in a month no matter how many applications I have opened and requesting updates.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by flameforx(m): 3:56pm On May 31, 2012
otumfour: take this! and this is coming from an IOS grin dude, ANDROID is 100 times betta than symbian (notice I spelt symbian in lowercase) in every aspect. angry

welcome!

talk from now till Sunday,
for me, I don carry BELLE

2 Likes

Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Bright146(m): 3:57pm On May 31, 2012
Nokia is still the best
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by OgidiOlu3(m): 4:14pm On May 31, 2012
flameforx:

talk from now till Sunday,
for me, I don carry BELLE
lol
@op, talk about nokia belle and let's compare. Tell me what ur android does that my belle cant do. Stop talking about e72 and other s60v3 or v5 fones. Ppl are just saying 'android is the best' without any proof. Talk about BELLE!

1 Like

Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Blackteeth(m): 4:29pm On May 31, 2012
beethoven:

For Android, the data and battery consumption issues are true to an extent but the real problem is that people that use android just go to the android market, install applications that are always connecting to the Internet for updates. Sometimes you'd have a situation where some people would have more than 2 weather monitoring applications installed on their android phones, with all these always connected for updates. If add up other scenarios where u have more than one application for the same purpose, u'd simply zap off your data bundle in no time. Same thing goes for battery, people tend to always have too many applications opened at the same time and left running even when they are not in use. Also u don't have to use 3G unless u really need it, u can change ur network settings to always use Edge. I currently use this strategy and it works fine for me. I've never used more than 500MB of data in a month no matter how many applications I have opened and requesting updates.

Bro I installed VERY FEW important apps that I closely monitor to ensure they dont use my bundle and battery unecessarily, and am still disappointed with the battery life and data issues. Just viewing some Nairaland pages still consumes more than my Symbian.

1 Like

Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Blackteeth(m): 4:30pm On May 31, 2012
beethoven:

Bro I installed VERY FEW important apps that I closely monitor to ensure they dont use my bundle and battery unecessarily, and am still disappointed with the battery life and data issues. Just viewing some Nairaland pages still consumes more than my Symbian. I multitask with Symbian and the data result is better off.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by zumarock8(m): 4:30pm On May 31, 2012
Andriod is just a luxury if am to say, i prefer symbian, to any other platform am speakin out of experince, if u understand the term experince

1 Like

Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Sirmikky1(m): 4:34pm On May 31, 2012
naijamark: You are just comparing sleep with death. Its android and other phones.

Haven't used an Android phone but i do get all what i need on ma Nokia E75.Cool softwares and mst importantly free browsing tweaks.

1 Like

Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by MrGlobe(m): 4:50pm On May 31, 2012
Kagawa: How can you cmpare ANDROID and symbian its like cmparing Apapa ashawo shocked with ikeja Ashawo. cry ANDRIOD IS WAY OUT OF symbian's league,end of story.
off topic... So whats d difference between apapa ashawo and ikeja ashawo?
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by ikechukz(m): 4:57pm On May 31, 2012
one funny thing is that most of the dudes screaming android have never held an android phone for once.i bought n8 last week after contemplating between symbian an android.its true that ios and android have many games and apps but how many can u play.n8 has up to 50 hd games which is more than enough for me.apart from apps and games what else can android offer.i will just stick with symbian for now.

2 Likes

Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by slimchimex(m): 4:59pm On May 31, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:
correct bro....
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by slimchimex(m): 5:03pm On May 31, 2012
norrisman: Symbian is dead!

Nokia uses WindowsPhone on its high end phones now.
help me tell dem
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by ikechukz(m): 5:06pm On May 31, 2012
one more thing i've used up 3gb data only this week and guess what its free on my n8.stop hating symbian it all depends on what on what u need in a phone
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by slimchimex(m): 5:11pm On May 31, 2012
Guess u guyz talkin based on ur out-dated infomation...symbian os is dead n off d track....pls compare android with nokia belle or nokia windows..believe me if u hv phone dat dos nt run on nokia belle or nokia windows7 pls u gat no phone.....Nokia all the way.....
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Shalome(m): 5:31pm On May 31, 2012
methink its about d user nt d device itself,ignorance also play a part...i've used a 3110c,a samsung window7 phone(sprint),e71 n i currently use a n96 (specially bot 4 euro12 purpose)
my xperience on all dez devices were Wow!!
It all bout tweakin ur device to suit ur needs, IRock, so doz my device.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? / MTN Just Gave Me N5000 Airtime / Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.