Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest (12266 Views)

NASS Crisis: APC Trying To Disunite Nigerians, Rep Agbede / How Jonathan Plot To Rig Election. How Nigeria Police Stood Their Ground / National Conference:Goodluck Jonathan's Plot To Secede From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by komole: 11:21am On May 29, 2012
JONATHAN's PLAN TO DISUNITE THE SOUTH WEST

Well, enough of the Jokes about the change of the University of Lagos to Moshood Abiola University.

I could be a very comical person but also very realistic in thoughts. After the jokes and funfair about the change in name, it kept me thinking deep and coming up with the conclusion this is nothing but a POLITICAL CUNFUSION plot targeted at the Southwestern Region of the Country.

Its a fact that Boko Haram is more political than religion to bring about the disunity of the Northern Region.

Now the name change of the University was announced knowing Politicians, Professionals and Students (who comprises majority of the population) will condemn and protest against the action. This is a plot to create a division amongst the Yorubas and make it look like they don't appreciate one of their own in person of Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola the acclaimed winner of the June 12 1993 Presidential Election. Even though he is termed an "hero" by past and present politicians across Nigeria.

The Question is why University of Lagos? Why was it not the National Theatre, National Museum, Bar Beach, Third Mainland Bridge or any other National Edifice Named after him?

Don't forget this present administration looks at the North and South West as their major critic and as such will do anything to disunite their "common thoughts"

Jonathan and his Government want to play on the intelligence of people by pretending they have good intentions when in reality they do not.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by Akanbiedu(m): 11:40am On May 29, 2012
Not to worry, they are basically village people. Nigeria is too complex for them to manage. They will eventually self-destruct.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by blacksta(m): 11:43am On May 29, 2012
all haill the president of the ijaw nation

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by ektbear: 11:49am On May 29, 2012
Meh.

There isn't any "plot."

How could this even create disunity sef?

Just a misguided, poorly thought out gesture.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by ikeyman00(m): 11:56am On May 29, 2012
@@@@@@@@@

whats there to disunite self

u mean all the looters and criminals milkin all the tax payers money right?

yaribas people they day una start to see things like a normal person the day the country NIGERIA make one step move to developement!

DNA TRIBALISTIC !! spit

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by Nobody: 11:56am On May 29, 2012
I wonder how pple think.
U wanna bring tribalism into dis...universities are being named after national heroes,e.g OAU,UNIZIK,MOUA,OOU,LAUTECH and so on...now its Unilag's turn n u r here complaining...u probably nid a brain surgery

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by Alxmyr(m): 12:02pm On May 29, 2012
How does renaming UNILAG disunite southwest?
Was SW inited before? Or is it because 5 governors are from ACN?
If that is your yardstick, then you are wrong from the word start.

There is nothing to disunite. SW is already disunite.
GEJ is only making a national hero whom every leader at the central has denied a truly national hero.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by Akanbiedu(m): 12:20pm On May 29, 2012
This may not be a plot but . . . . it is highly anticipated by political observers that if Jonathan wants to contest for 2015 presidential elections (most likely the case), he will try to destabilize the SW. This expectation is based on experience.
Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by acidtalk: 12:21pm On May 29, 2012
jonathan is just clueless.
how will the changing of the name affect the price of garri and crayfish in the market?
big headed man with an EMPTY SKULL
Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by Johndoe100(m): 12:53pm On May 29, 2012
More empty headed nonsense from the ignorant haters. If you don't like this administration go hug a transformer.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by denko(m): 12:57pm On May 29, 2012
The Yorubas claimed to love MKO, they even celebrate june 12. This has vindicate IBB, the Yorubas do not and will not like themselves. This is not the first University that a president will name after an individual why all bad bele pipo for naija.
Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by ektbear: 1:23pm On May 29, 2012
denko: The Yorubas claimed to love MKO, they even celebrate june 12. This has vindicate IBB, the Yorubas do not and will not like themselves. This is not the first University that a president will name after an individual why all bad bele pipo for naija.

Loving MKO doesn't mean that UNILAG should be renamed after him.

Bill Clinton is pretty popular among democrats and democratic-leaning states.

Did anybody decide to rename Harvard after him? undecided

The problem is that Nigerians enjoy mixing politics up into everything. That MKO was a great politician, etc, etc doesn't mean he needs to have a university named after him...

Let alone one of the oldest and most prestigious/popular universities in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by ektbear: 1:27pm On May 29, 2012
Institutions are supposed be greater than individual men.

Abiola did not found the university. He didn't have anything to do with its creation. So why would it be named after him?

Very kooky stuff
Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by ektbear: 1:31pm On May 29, 2012
Moreover, practically speaking.

Would you want your CV to have:

Bachelors of Science, University of Lagos

or

Bachelors of Science, Moshood Abiola University, Lagos

Which sounds more prestigious to you?

So they've devalued the brand name of the university, and hurt the graduates of that school.

I have nothing against MKO. I was too young to know much about the guy, but he seemed like a nice-enough fellow.

But I don't like this move, personally.
Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by aljharem(m): 1:34pm On May 29, 2012
ekt_bear: Moreover, practically speaking.

Would you want your CV to have:

Bachelors of Science, University of Lagos

or

Bachelors of Science, Moshood Abiola University, Lagos

Which sounds more prestigious to you?

So they've devalued the brand name of the university, and hurt the graduates of that school.

I have nothing against MKO. I was too young to know much about the guy, but he seemed like a nice-enough fellow.

But I don't like this move, personally.

gbammmmm

Ignorant people would argue that it is the quality of education but we also know that prestige matters as well.

Yes "yorubas" love MKO but even if they try to change Unilag to Awolowo uni or Odua uni we would reject it because it is unfair on the students.

The got admission to UNILAG not MKO uni
Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by ektbear: 1:36pm On May 29, 2012
My father is an Ife graduate.

He sure as hell doesn't say that he went to "Obafemi Awolowo University."

Does this mean that he hates Awolowo? grin

No.

University of Ife is a brand name. A structure, an institution of its own.

How can you take a 50+ year old brand, legacy and replace it just like that?

Nonsensical

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by ektbear: 1:38pm On May 29, 2012
If GEJ likes, he can name the university in his hometown of Otueke after GEJ.

That university has no legacy and no history.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by aljharem(m): 1:40pm On May 29, 2012
Although @ OP there is nothing disuniting there
Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by akoraye(m): 1:42pm On May 29, 2012
It seems this jona man wats to disunite southwest but his devilish plan will not work!
Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by aljharem(m): 1:43pm On May 29, 2012
akoraye: It seems this jona man wats to disunite southwest but his devilish plan will not work!

How is renaming a university disuniting the SW ?
Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by akoraye(m): 1:44pm On May 29, 2012
ekt_bear: If GEJ likes, he can name the university in his hometown of Otueke after GEJ.

That university has no legacy and no history.

Is there any in his village?
Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by ektbear: 1:44pm On May 29, 2012
akoraye:

Yes. The new federal university in Bayelsa is in his village.
Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by aljharem(m): 1:44pm On May 29, 2012
akoraye:

Abeg go siddon jare

what has his village got to do with this ?
Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by ektbear: 1:45pm On May 29, 2012
Or maybe I misunderstood the question asked.
Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by Beaf: 1:47pm On May 29, 2012
It is evident that people are so sad at the masterstroke of recognising MKO Abiola, a man whose sacrifice led to the ending of a brutal period in Nigerias history in which barbaric dictators and warlords reigned and terrorised the people.

We may not yet have a perfect system, but MKO's death and the struggle that ensued have brought us one step closer. Each passing day and election, bring us yet closer to our dream. I am proud to have personally taken active part in the MKO struggle even as a mere boy.

Shame on the animals that are attempting to ethnicise the issue. I wonder why these bigots could not recognise MKO themselves.
Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by akoraye(m): 1:54pm On May 29, 2012
alj harem:

Abeg go siddon jare

what has his village got to do with this ?
how has this discussion now become your problem? cant you atleast learn how to contribute to an issue?
Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by Chyz2: 1:54pm On May 29, 2012
It's obvious that this guy has no respect for the dead and is only concerned about his political interest. Every move that he makes seems to always weigh towards his political career. When he wanted his disgraceful buget the was highly bias in favor of Niger Delta, he slipped in the pension for former Biafran soldier of N1.5 billion to gain Igbo support-what an insult. Now that his 1yr aniversary(even though he's been the president for like 2yrs) he magically finds it suitable to name the university of lagos after Abiola-what an insult. What stopped him from doing just thing 2 months ago or even last year? I'm glad the students rejected it. He needs to have respect for situations that meant a lot to a people.
Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by aljharem(m): 1:57pm On May 29, 2012
akoraye:
how has this discussion now become your problem? cant you atleast learn how to contribute to an issue?

I have contributed and it is clearly a good gesture but a wrong why of doing it.

But trying to insult him without any contribution is wrong
Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 29, 2012
Beaf: It is evident that people are so sad at the masterstroke of recognising MKO Abiola, a man whose sacrifice led to the ending of a brutal period in Nigerias history in which barbaric dictators and warlords reigned and terrorised the people.

We may not yet have a perfect system, but MKO's death and the struggle that ensued have brought us one step closer. Each passing day and election, bring us yet closer to our dream. I am proud to have personally taken active part in the MKO struggle even as a mere boy.

Shame on the animals that are attempting to ethnicise the issue. I wonder why these bigots could not recognise MKO themselves.

Of all your posts on Nairaland, this is one I agree with you 100%. It's a good move but still not enough.

We need a day, a federal declared public holiday for MKO.

For people making case why Harvard has not be renamed Bill Clinton, Harvard is not University of Massachusetts or a Federal University. Besides, Clinton did not lead any struggle. May 29 is a perversion of the truth, the real democracy day is June 12.
I may have personally preferred naming Uniabuja at the centre of the capital after him, Unilag is just fine.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by aljharem(m): 2:05pm On May 29, 2012
bayooooooo:

Of all your posts on Nairaland, this is one I agree with you 100%. It's a good move but still not enough.

We need a day, a federal declared public holiday for MKO.

For people making case why Harvard has not be renamed Bill Clinton, Harvard is not University of Massachusetts or a Federal University. Besides, Clinton did not lead any struggle. May 29 is a perversion of the truth, the real democracy day is June 12.
I may have personally preferred naming Uniabuja at the centre of the capital after him, Unilag is just fine.

That is all !!!!
Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by ektbear: 2:05pm On May 29, 2012
Nobody will name UMass after Clinton either. Or even any universities in his home state (Arkansas).

Tacky things like that just aren't done.

You don't take old institutions and name them after politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest by Musiwa49: 2:06pm On May 29, 2012
denko, why they are saying Jonathan Goodluck had a bad intention in the naming of the school is that Abiola did not run for the president of Yorubaland. He ran for the president of Nigeria. The thing to do is name the University of Abuja or stadium in abuja after MKO abiola if Goodluck had a good intention. Or go to Abiola home state. He refuse to do . It shows Goodluck was only using MKO abiola names to play politics. which is not good.

How can someone use a dead man name who was murder to play politics for his own gain. It is the selfishness involve that people are crying out again.

He refuse to name University of Nigeria after Ojukwu. Which was the best thing he would have done in his life. because 90% of Igbo's hate the name of the "University of Nigeria ". They would prefer the university to be named University of biafra or even after Ojukwu, he refuse to do that.

The university of Nigeria was rename from University of Biafra by Gowon to insult the Igbo people. So as to remind them, they lost the civil war. So it was an opportunity to write right the wrong against Igbo people by Jonathan Goodluck to have name the university after Ojukwu. Jonathan Goodluck did not do that. And he refuse to name name the university after Ojukwu or even anything.. Do you see the point of people. Even Northern youth are now the new Ojukwu. What does that tell you about Nigeria.

You must understand Yoruba people. Look 99% of Yorubas are not pro nigeria. they are anti Nigeria. MKO abiola was a pro Nigeria. This is where the issue is. And he regreted late in his life for been a pro Nigerian. Nigeria govt killed him. That was what Mko abiola got for been a pro nigeria. He got inject to dead by Nigeria govt.

Nuhu Ribadu is pro nigeria,
Nuhu Ribadu lost in his polling booth.
Nuhu Ribadu loss on his street.
Nuhu Ribadu lost on ward,
Nuhu Ribadu lost his area.
Nuhu Ribadu lost in his local govt.
Nuhu Ribadu lost senatorial area,
Nuhu Ribadu lost in his state,
Nuhu Ribadu lost in the whole of North. what does that tell you about the north.

Obasanjo is pro nigeria,
he lost in his polling booth.
He loss on his street.
He lost on ward,
He lost his area.
He lost in his local govt.
He lost senatorial area,
he lost in his state,
He lost in the whole of Yorubaland.

That give you a clue to the mind of the Yoruba people. this is why Obasanjo quickly started a university for himself to name it after himself, because Obasanjo know his Yoruba people very well.. And he would not take a risk. I know in my heart Obasanjo started Bell university because he wanted to avoid this problem of naming university because he knew Yoruba people very well. This is why I think Obasanjo started Bell university. because he knows Yoruba people.

abiola regreted in his late life days of been pro nigerian in prison. they killed him for been pro nigeria.

You have to understand nigeria. that why they are bombing places in the north too. You have to understand majority of nigerian are not pro nigeria, they blame britain for creating Nigeria. listen to the man in hausa in kaduna bombing by boko haram.

i think it is against Jonathan Goodluck. It is just because they hate Jonathan Goodluck..

If I was the president , and I named the university of lagos after MKO abiola. Nobody will complain. But Jonathan Goodluck. They dont like him. So even if he cough. They will oppose him. Even if he touch anything, they will oppose it. if I said the other time, Jonathan Goodluck is not electable in 2/3 of the state in Nigeria.

They just dont like Jonathan Goodluck... period. It as nothing to do with M K O Abiola. It is just that I think they hate Jonathan Goodluck....

I think is because Jonathan Goodluck is not sincere and he as become a maradona in Nigeria . And nigerian dont like that. They hate been played.

And the honest truth is. Abiola was a national figure , and not a regional figure that Jonathan Goodluck have reduce him too.

We have an issue of a satellite pictures and because of hate they refuse to solve it. How do you expect Yoruba people to be happy with Jonathan Goodluck.

Which is making Yoruba people suffer for nothing. how do you expect them to support a person who bring them injustice.

Alot of people are looking at the satellite pictures. And what do they see, they see a president who is not sincere with them.

I dont think I know any southerner who does not hate Jonathan Goodluck at this point. Basically they see him siding up with the north.
It is hard , be human.

You see in a free and fair election, I will beat Jonathan Goodluck to become the president .

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8xUvBf6X-PCrP65_gTCDqdhlLt2V9Mt7bxeEWiyo7jKlXImzUe9YxxN9DIQ[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Enugu Govt To Shut Down Schools, Markets That Observe 1-week Sit-at-home Order / Obaseki Vs Shaibu: Tinubu, Okorocha, Other Govs Who ‘Fought’ Their Deputies / Speculators Undermine Measures To Stabilize Foreign Exchange Market – Ribadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.