Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum (3693 Views)

Grudge To Bear: Who Do You Feel Like Slapping On The Nairaland Forum / Seun - Seun Osewa, Nairaland Forum Website Administrator / Nairaland Forum Rules and Regulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by Seun(m): 3:15am On Apr 01, 2006
Dear Nairaland Member,

It is with a great sense of regret that I announce to you my decision to shut down this forum. I need more time for myself - so I can start dating and making babies - so I have decided to shut down Nairaland today. I am sick and tired of the overwhelming success of this site and the work it generates.

This is the end. So please bye bye, thank you. And one more thing:

grin grin grin grin [size=28pt]April Fool![/size] grin grin grin grin

Best Regards,
Nairaland Admin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by Txlonghorn(m): 3:28am On Apr 01, 2006
Awwww I'm so crying cry cry cry cry you shutting down Niaraland, I have to jump of Trump towers now LOL. Happy April fool's day to you too seun cheesy

1 Like

Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by Badman888(m): 3:36am On Apr 01, 2006
I knew you cant shut it down just like that where do you would happen to our lives this is our home grin grin grin grin
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by Ynot(m): 3:39am On Apr 01, 2006
You got me there for a while cry cry cry cry

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by gentleaura(m): 4:09am On Apr 01, 2006
dude you are so freaking losing it. It kinda got me eh, I kinda sensed you are being sarcastic cos I was like who would want to shut down what you worked so hard on and it came out fabulously, all of a sudden out of the blues, u just wanna shut it down, sounded so surreal to me!,

Well nice one there!
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by Badman888(m): 4:21am On Apr 01, 2006
Seun the funny part was that you said you want to settle down start dating and have kids cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by luvu567(f): 4:43am On Apr 01, 2006
That was a GOOD one.
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by Ynot(m): 5:10am On Apr 01, 2006
Badman888:

Seun the funny part was that you said you want to settle down start dating and have kids cheesy cheesy cheesy

I think its about time one of you fine ladies in da house ask Seun out. I think he's too shy to make the move. wink
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by gentleaura(m): 5:42am On Apr 01, 2006
Ynot:

I think its about time one of you fine ladies in da house ask Seun out. I think he's too shy to make the move. wink

You are right on that, homeboy is too shy and f'ugly as well but he appears to be smart though!
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:57am On Apr 01, 2006
Seun ur badman, U had me wondering there for a moment tongue tongue
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by hotangel2(f): 6:12am On Apr 01, 2006
Seun u know i can sue you right? It's not yet April fool's day, and u fooled me.

Anyways, thanks for reminding me, gat to start making phone calls.
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by t4cash(m): 7:35am On Apr 01, 2006
Sorry, I wasn't caught by it.

Some times I do not understand how this my brain works sef, but what tripped me off was when I noted that Seun was the thread starter. If it was someone else who had stumbled on the "scoop" and was starting the thread to warn us, I might have believed it.

The Seun I know sends PM's for such things, not start threads. Jeez. He sends PM's for little irrelevancies.

Nice try sha.
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by 2cantango(f): 8:24am On Apr 01, 2006
Oh good one Sir Funny Man tongue you had me there for a min wink you almost made me cry cheesy
Happy April Fools Day sweetie kiss
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by Skidoc(m): 8:38am On Apr 01, 2006
Hahahaha! Oh my God! I admit, you got me there for a moment! grin grin grin
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by Typewriter(m): 8:44am On Apr 01, 2006
Thank God O!
More seriously next time use something Entertaining like "am going to sell Nairaland or need someone to take over NL so as to give more time to hang out"

How and what do you mean Shutting down NL (the idea is really terrifying)

It nearly got me cardiac arrested when i read the admin msg.

all that came to my mind was -Snazzy is gone forever? oh no oh no
seun not now that she is given me a listening ear, and 2hours to come close HUH?
what's wrong with this seun self?

i rushed to make Snazzy my last post on NL when i saw the massage as the top post of the day and this version ended with April Fool.

seun be-carefull o! else you'll kill someone like snazzy's husband- me of course!!

@ My dear snazzy delay is dangerous O!
let set this ship sealing now that the coast is still clear, what do u think?
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by 2cantango(f): 8:54am On Apr 01, 2006
@Typewriter:

grin grin You're so funny grin grin
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by Typewriter(m): 9:20am On Apr 01, 2006
2cantango:

@Typewriter:

grin grin You're so funny grin grin

now u are wrong cool cool

what i said is the right thing to do cos this seun guy was once a my rival and may selfishly close down our ONLY contact point,
yes it is as she no longer reply my yahoo Msgr offline msg (s)

@my dearest snazzy abi i dey lie? undecided
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by Whitelady1(f): 9:37am On Apr 01, 2006
Ha Seun! You almost got me fooled there! As i read your post, i said to myself "why would seun shut down nairaland because he wants to start dating? I could help out by organising chics for him. All he would need to do is give me his specifications!". Ah, thank God it was a joke but Seun, my offer still stands though.
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by dominobaby(f): 9:59am On Apr 01, 2006
Ha, u got me on that one. Imagine me scrolling thru a small phone to know wat 'one more thing' it was. Anyway, happy April fool's day to all Nairalanders! Come to think of it, there's a wedding scheduled 4 today!(*wat if it turned out 2 b April fool? Jst wondering*)
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by Maxflame(m): 10:08am On Apr 01, 2006
Am i the only one why didn't fall for this?
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by opeyemi(m): 10:13am On Apr 01, 2006
guy, nice one! you got me there. Immediately i saw that topic  i wanted to say "Seun what does this mean". The only thing stopped me was the question i asked myself that : are my the 1st person to see this or have some others seen it and what was their reply? It was the search for the replies that brought me to the APRIL FOOl part of the post.

Good one. Please dont keep it up.
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by 2cantango(f): 10:14am On Apr 01, 2006
Maxflame:

Am i the only one why didn't fall for this?

You're the only one not willing to admit you fell for it tongue wink
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by uche1(m): 10:18am On Apr 01, 2006
hey man you really got me on that, can you imagen was like searching my phone book to see if i can get your number to call and beg, but not bad really fun you know
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by Maxflame(m): 10:19am On Apr 01, 2006
The space after the words was a big give away, besides a trick has already been played in my primary forum i visit. This forum is so secondary in my list.
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by 2cantango(f): 10:20am On Apr 01, 2006
Maxflame:

The space after the words was a big give away, besides a trick has already been played in my primary forum i visit. This forum is so secondary in my list.

oh boo hoo wink grin
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by Maxflame(m): 10:22am On Apr 01, 2006
You stalking me? angry wink
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by 2cantango(f): 10:32am On Apr 01, 2006
you know you're lovin' it tongue wink
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by Maxflame(m): 10:37am On Apr 01, 2006
Maybe. how old did you say you were again? wink Another give away is the section of the forum it was posted, and the pm came exactly on april fools day, should i go on? grin

1 Like

Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by dominobaby(f): 10:51am On Apr 01, 2006
@maxflame, what section of the forum should it have been posted?
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by 2cantango(f): 11:05am On Apr 01, 2006
@Maxflame:

I'm old enough to teach you a few things wink
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by Maxflame(m): 11:07am On Apr 01, 2006
Nice question. He should have created an announcement thread if he feels his pm isn't reliable. wink
Re: Shutting Down The Nairaland Forum by Maxflame(m): 11:10am On Apr 01, 2006
2cantango:

@Maxflame:

I'm old enough to teach you a few things wink

I'm a believer! shocked Now you're definately going to be the one to buy the tickets. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Can Answer This Question? win Yourself MTN N1,500 Recharge Card / Woman's Butt Implants Explode After Sex (photo) / What Is The Difference Between GRACE And FAVOUR?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.