Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. (16284 Views)

Pedestrian Bridge Collapses On Taxi In Kano, 7 Die (Photo) / Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. / Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Nobody: 12:13am On May 30, 2012
The Ogun State Government on Monday announced its plan to construct the first pedestrian bridge in Abeokuta , the state capital. Governor Ibikunle Amosun says the bridge will be air-conditioned.
The bridge will be built around the famous Ibara roundabout of the ancient town, and is expected to reduce traffic congestion and accidents at the ever busy junction.
Mr. Amosun made the disclosure while commissioning the 2.5km Ibara-Ita-Eko road in Abeokuta which gulped a total of N1.3bn
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/national/5340-ogun_to_construct_air-conditioned_pedestrian_bridge.html
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Nobody: 12:15am On May 30, 2012
If they have in Dubai why can't we have here too, not a bad idea sha. But hope pple won't start sleeping inside d bridge.

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Nobody: 6:51am On May 30, 2012
salakobaba: the 2.5km Ibara-Ita-Eko road in Abeokuta which gulped a total of N1.3bn
I never knew road construction is that cost 2.5km=1.3bn. As for the AC fitted pedestrian bridge, the fact dat Dubai have one doesn't mean we must have too (for now) many things still abound to use those money for, and Abeg hw many minute person go spend on pedestrian bridge, people never get house to sleep talkless of having ceiling fan in there house, we are here talking about AC fitted pedestrian bridge.

20 Likes

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Nobody: 7:43am On May 30, 2012
Waste of tax payers money by our clueless government.what will power the ac? running generator 24/7 abi? when many parts of the state do not have street light.bunch of idiots

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Beaf: 7:52am On May 30, 2012
Airconditioned pedestrian bridge? For what?! Is it an office? shocked
And here I was thinking Aregbe was the only supremely useless ACN clown in power!
Na wa o!
All hail ACN! Incredible stup!dity.

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by jamace(m): 8:00am On May 30, 2012
fury: Waste of tax payers money by our clueless government.what will power the ac? running generator 24/7 abi? when many parts of the state do not have street light.bunch of idiots

My thought too.

Why can't the money for airconditioning be used to construct another pedestrian bridge? Or there no congested road junctions in Ogun State again?

I hope the airconditioning aspect is not a subtle way to loot tax payers money?

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by slimming: 8:03am On May 30, 2012
It will become a sorry state after the governor's tenure.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by doctokwus: 8:18am On May 30, 2012
Pre election,u wud av thot Ajimobi wud mke a difference wt all his lofty speeches;he is now there& one finds its d same rubbish frm pple u thot were educated.Air conditioned bridge,whc d pple dnt need,whc cannot b maintained,whc will serve no purpose whatsoever,except for childish ego tripping.Some projects are damn irritating& reek of avenues for embezzlement frm miles off.Rubbish idea

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by seyibobo(m): 8:28am On May 30, 2012
Wtf! Amosun don't do dt...we don't want. Haba why not channel dat fund for other projects. There are many other roads crying for help.
Why do we keep comparing 9ja with other countries. Let us face d fact: are we on the same level in terms of provision of amenities, do they have epileptic power supply, what of good maintenance culture......? We are way behind abeg!
Pls SIA don't start government of prppoganda.

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by mustspin: 8:56am On May 30, 2012
doctokwus: Pre election,u wud av thot Ajimobi wud mke a difference wt all his lofty speeches;he is now there& one finds its d same rubbish frm pple u thot were educated.Air conditioned bridge,whc d pple dnt need,whc cannot b maintained,whc will serve no purpose whatsoever,except for childish ego tripping.Some projects are damn irritating& reek of avenues for embezzlement frm miles off.Rubbish idea

bros easy na, how does Ajimobi come into this issue na
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Nobody: 9:20am On May 30, 2012
doctokwus: Pre election,u wud av thot Ajimobi wud mke a difference wt all his lofty speeches;he is now there& one finds its d same rubbish frm pple u thot were educated.Air conditioned bridge,whc d pple dnt need,whc cannot b maintained,whc will serve no purpose whatsoever,except for childish ego tripping.Some projects are damn irritating& reek of avenues for embezzlement frm miles off.Rubbish idea
Bros easy na Amosun and not Ajimobi. The man tried at least some citizens will enjoy AC twice a day, when they are going to work and when coming back, but they should make all the roads to be AC fitted too so that they won't have to return back to the sun after crossing the bridge. Misplaced priority.

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Gbawe: 9:29am On May 30, 2012
Usually, some pedestrian bridges are totally enclosed for safety reasons especially when they link malls and or buildings. If the design decision is that an enclosed footbridge works best, then it must be cooled also. I am not saying I support this but we should not condemn it routinely either without knowledge of the entire scope of the project.

Enclosed airconditioned footbridges , such as that seen below, are common and can be a design/architechural neccessity in relation to what will be linked. We just don't know enough to be entirely negative.

[img]http://imagesus.holiday-rentals.co.uk/mda01/01f4467b01e447775fc56e88e849783f1911576e[/img]
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by mcnepow(m): 9:34am On May 30, 2012
Just imagine waste. Add cost of diesel, maintenance and security of d whole package - na anoda way to take open office.

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Demdem(m): 9:39am On May 30, 2012
Gbawe:
Usually, some pedestrian bridges are totally enclosed for safety reasons especially when they link malls and or buildings. If the design decision is that an enclosed footbridge works best, then it must be cooled also. I am not saying I support this but we should not condemn it routinely either without knowledge of the entire scope of the project.

Enclosed airconditioned footbridges , such as that seen below, are common and can be a design/architechural neccessity in relation to what will be linked. We just don't know enough to be entirely negative.

[img]http://imagesus.holiday-rentals.co.uk/mda01/01f4467b01e447775fc56e88e849783f1911576e[/img]

i agree, more details needs to be shared. the info so far given is worrisome.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by icez: 9:40am On May 30, 2012
hmmmmm.......... undecided
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Nobody: 9:49am On May 30, 2012
@Gbawe I don't think they really need an enclosed bridge, we want to develop like those advanced countries but somethings needs to be take care of before some, I think the main motive is the FIRST syndrome and another means to embezzle money, and you know that our maintenance culture is very low here and there's no adequate security, so it might finally resulted to waste of money and sabotage may also set in.

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by jaybee3(m): 9:51am On May 30, 2012
AyoJames: @Gbawe I don't think they really need an enclosed bridge, we want to develop like those advanced countries but somethings needs to be take care of before some, I think the main motive is the FIRST syndrome and another means to embezzle money, and you know that our maintenance culture is very low here and there's no adequate security, so it might finally resulted to waste of money and sabotage may also set in.
Double GBAM
What's the point of innovation when it ain't going to be maintained
Simplicity should be at the core of each development in Naija
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Gbawe: 9:55am On May 30, 2012
Demdem:

i agree, more details needs to be shared. the info so far given is worrisome.

My brother, we simply don't have enough info to speak conclusively. For example, an enclosed footbridge may be totally appropriate if the entire area is to become a built up business/Civil service/commercial district. Outside those built environment challenges, an airconditioned footbridge would be hard to justify and a total waste of money in my opinion.

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Gbawe: 9:59am On May 30, 2012
AyoJames: @Gbawe I don't think they really need an enclosed bridge, we want to develop like those advanced countries but somethings needs to be take care of before some, I think the main motive is the FIRST syndrome and another means to embezzle money, and you know that our maintenance culture is very low here and there's no adequate security, so it might finally resulted to waste of money and sabotage may also set in.

I won't argue this with you but I am not someone given to routine negativity and pessimism. I am only saying there are real relational issues, concerning built environment, that may necessitate the use of enclosed footbridges. Unless we know precisely what is involved you cannot say absolutely that an enclosed footbridge is not required any more than someone else can say it is.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by temmytanny(m): 10:42am On May 30, 2012
I will call this waste of public funds
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by SpiritofOkija(m): 10:49am On May 30, 2012
WOW!!

Nice development!!

Is it LG or Chigo A.C?
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Ibadiarann(m): 10:54am On May 30, 2012
If it is true, then this is anoda pitiable dismal pismal. Government cannot even maintain the facilities on ground that does not require daily monitoring, yet they want to embark on such an expensive venture. I just cant reconcile it. I guess he needs to recoupe the funds he spent during the campaign.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by lifestyle1(m): 10:56am On May 30, 2012
Build factories and technical colleges....
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by sexyglow(f): 11:00am On May 30, 2012
smileyNot a bad idea but with maintenance culture in mind.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Goldenheart(m): 11:02am On May 30, 2012
Ac fitted.......Y??
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Ibadiarann(m): 11:02am On May 30, 2012
sexy glow: smileyNot a bad idea but with maintenance culture in mind.

Bad Idea. Ogun does not need that for now.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Sweetdbest: 11:04am On May 30, 2012
He is just wasting tax payer's money. Go to Ogijo,in Ogun State, almost all the transformers at Ogijo are bad. No light. For the past 4 yrs,my street never had light due to faulty transformer and the ones that get light for the past yrs, nobody has slept with the light.The first transformer at ogijo is faulty, licking oil.Nobody has had light for a complete 4 hrs when given. No single roads there is tared. Gully erosion have taken over the entire community. You can only see them during election and after that, nobody does anything.

Now, he is building pedestrian bridge to be fixed with air-conditioned.Let them come to Ogijo in Ogun state and find out. For the past one week, NEPA OR PHCN has NEVER even flashed the light.

Somebody has been given that job just for political reasons to settle billions of naira going out just for a waste. Give us light. Nothing like water in Ogijo. yOU HAVE TO DIG BOREHOLE to get water. Wasteful government.

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by naijacloud: 11:06am On May 30, 2012
salakobaba: If they have in Dubai why can't we have here too, not a bad idea sha. But hope pple won't start sleeping inside d bridge.
my thought exactly!
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Korrection(m): 11:07am On May 30, 2012
after the construstion..many people will be sleeping there especially during the heat season...lol
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Silva79(f): 11:08am On May 30, 2012
God what exactly is our offence? Why do we have useless and senseless pple in government? Why why why why...i'm just tired of dis country

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by shema: 11:10am On May 30, 2012
The governor should include/focus on Sango - Idiroko road. The road is a major route and dont know why its still a single lane rather than going for something of less importance.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by kelvincoll(m): 11:12am On May 30, 2012
Beaf: Airconditioned pedestrian bridge? For what?! Is it an office? shocked
And here I was thinking Aregbe was the only supremely useless ACN clown in power!
Na wa o!
All hail ACN! Incredible stup!dity.

I think i'm with you on this one

Instagram User Got Her Luggage Back After Instagram Post / Normal Traffic Operations Resume In USA / Gas Tanker Kills 15 In Niger State