Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

"We The Ewe People Of Ghana Are The Same As Yoruba"- Yewe2011.ewe Guy From Ghana - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "We The Ewe People Of Ghana Are The Same As Yoruba"- Yewe2011.ewe Guy From Ghana (38283 Views)

Lilo Ewe Ati Egbo Fun Iwosan, Itusile Ati Aseyori / Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire / He refused to Prostrate as Yoruba culture demands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We The Ewe People Of Ghana Are The Same As Yoruba"- Yewe2011.ewe Guy From Ghana by Ndipe(m): 8:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
I have read about that as well, that the Ewes originated from the Yoruba tribe of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "We The Ewe People Of Ghana Are The Same As Yoruba"- Yewe2011.ewe Guy From Ghana by tpia5: 10:55pm On Mar 18, 2013
i suppose money is involved in this somewhere.

1 Like

Re: "We The Ewe People Of Ghana Are The Same As Yoruba"- Yewe2011.ewe Guy From Ghana by FXKing2012(m): 7:27am On Mar 19, 2013
tpia@:
i suppose money is involved in this somewhere.

Like the money you stole? Fraudster is what you are tpia@
Re: "We The Ewe People Of Ghana Are The Same As Yoruba"- Yewe2011.ewe Guy From Ghana by scholes0(m): 10:41pm On Dec 09, 2015
Thread reopened for serious discussion.
I believe the OP, I think he is right.
Re: "We The Ewe People Of Ghana Are The Same As Yoruba"- Yewe2011.ewe Guy From Ghana by tpiar: 10:44pm On Dec 09, 2015
Oh, shymexx is the op?
Re: "We The Ewe People Of Ghana Are The Same As Yoruba"- Yewe2011.ewe Guy From Ghana by scholes0(m): 10:47pm On Dec 09, 2015
tpiar:
Oh, shymexx is the op?

Why do you say so?
Re: "We The Ewe People Of Ghana Are The Same As Yoruba"- Yewe2011.ewe Guy From Ghana by tpiar: 10:52pm On Dec 09, 2015
scholes0:

Why do you say so?

because I checked the first page and he seems to be the op?
Re: "We The Ewe People Of Ghana Are The Same As Yoruba"- Yewe2011.ewe Guy From Ghana by lawani: 9:00pm On Apr 10, 2016
Even for us the Yoruba of Nigeria, we are not speaking our original language but we are all Ife people and the language of Ife people has changed severally over thousands of years. In Akoko area we have languages that are not Yoruba language at all but they are still Ife Ooyelagbo people.

The people of Bonny in Rivers Nigeria are Igbo speaking Ijaw people. So if the Ewe say they are Ife Ooyelagbo people, no one should try to take it from them. Language is not determinant, even DNA is not the determinant. Heritage is the determinant. Do not confuse them into abandoning their heritage. It does not change them from being Ghanaians.

In any case, we Ife people see all humans as Ife people but many have cut the ties. If the Ewe people have not cut the ties, please let them be. That is my humble opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "We The Ewe People Of Ghana Are The Same As Yoruba"- Yewe2011.ewe Guy From Ghana by geosegun(m): 8:07pm On Dec 22, 2018
This is quiet interesting...
Re: "We The Ewe People Of Ghana Are The Same As Yoruba"- Yewe2011.ewe Guy From Ghana by Simbrixton(m): 2:17am On Jan 30, 2019
Yewe2011:
@shymmex

I wouldn't say we are a sub-tribe of the larger Yoruba group because that implies we are under you.

But we are related to you and were one at one point

But TODAY, Ewes move independently...but we acknowledge we are brothers with you.

what about the ghan ethnic group
Re: "We The Ewe People Of Ghana Are The Same As Yoruba"- Yewe2011.ewe Guy From Ghana by Simbrixton(m): 2:19am On Jan 30, 2019
ifyalways:
If there's any Ghanain tribe I would personally associate with the Yoruba's, it would be the Ga's.
the ga's are closely related to the yorubas
Re: "We The Ewe People Of Ghana Are The Same As Yoruba"- Yewe2011.ewe Guy From Ghana by kehnton(m): 9:00pm On Mar 14, 2020
[quote][/quote]

I'll come and visit you people soon. Nigeria sucks!
Re: "We The Ewe People Of Ghana Are The Same As Yoruba"- Yewe2011.ewe Guy From Ghana by kehnton(m): 9:02pm On Mar 14, 2020
Yewe2011:
@shymmex

I wouldn't say we are a sub-tribe of the larger Yoruba group because that implies we are under you.

But we are related to you and were one at one point

But TODAY, Ewes move independently...but we acknowledge we are brothers with you.

I think being Ewe is like being an Ijebu. We are all under Yoruba umbrella.

Moreover, Ewe people are said to be ancient Israelites.
Re: "We The Ewe People Of Ghana Are The Same As Yoruba"- Yewe2011.ewe Guy From Ghana by strenghtt: 3:08pm On Mar 30, 2020
Yoruba is great nation !!!
Re: "We The Ewe People Of Ghana Are The Same As Yoruba"- Yewe2011.ewe Guy From Ghana by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 09, 2020
Being a Yoruba is a blessing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched / Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade / White Man Holds Umbrella For Oluwo Of Iwoland, Rasheed Akanbi In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.