Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? (129132 Views)

To Women: If You Can't Control Your Mouth Don't Marry! / How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. / How Do You Deal With Your Childs Poor Grades (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Zahymaka(m): 1:59pm On Apr 24, 2006
Good then lauryn. I coud get you a contract to suck some young children who have constantly running noses.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Rhea(f): 3:26pm On Apr 24, 2006
Sucking mucus from the nose of a child isn't exactly supposed to be a hubby.
However, offering a handkerchief to a 3-month child to blow his/her own nose is not the most brilliant thing to do.
They are babies and hence cannot blow their own nose. The action of nose blowing is not as involuntary as pissing, shitting, crying etc etc.
You'll have to have some level of control of effect such a task. Babies don't have such ability.
I would be scared stiff if my 3-month abby can blow his/her nose. That's more like an adult baby if u ask me.

Speaking of mucus, it originates from the throat, which invariably is connected to the mouth. So sucking that of your child is not like coming in contact with a toxic waste or something. Besides, there are less bacteria to be found in a baby's nose than "down there".

Word of caution though!
Don't suck too hard so as not to burst the babies ear drums. The sucking has to be extremely gentle.

1 Like

Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by lauryn(f): 7:58pm On Apr 24, 2006
Zahymaka:

Good then lauryn. I coud get you a contract to suck some young children who have constantly running noses.

U dont suck children's nose if its constantly running. U only suck it out, if its all stuffy and they cant breathe properly, and if they cant blow out the mucous outta their nose by themselves. its mostly infants(birth to 1yr of age) that have this problem. And I have to know them closely. I cant just suck out some children's noses.
Get it! So U could keep ur contract to urself!

1 Like

Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Dupsybaby(f): 9:55pm On Apr 24, 2006
@ Rhea cheesy wink kiss
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by iamblessed: 6:59pm On Apr 27, 2006
well i have 4 kids and felt the same way you do, until one night my son had a bad cold to make it worst milk was stuck in his nose ofter i put him down, he could not breath and i call an ambulance which was taking ages, as i watch him gasp for breath, i had to suck on his nose to save his life. now you think about that. ; wink
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by eveseh(f): 7:46pm On Apr 27, 2006
iamblessed:

well i have 4 kids and felt the same way you do, until one night my son had a bad cold to make it worst milk was stuck in his nose ofter i put him down, he could not breath and i call an ambulance which was taking ages, as i watch him gasp for breath, i had to suck on his nose to save his life. now you think about that. ; wink

yea,really nasty embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by 2nde(m): 7:47pm On Apr 27, 2006
ladies/women have no option than to do it. I dont think i can do it anyways
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by edygirl(f): 7:52am On Aug 30, 2006
You really don't need to do that. My mum never did it neither am I gon' do it. You can forcefully blow air in one of thechild's nose and the whole thing comes out from the other nose. That was basically what I did for my lil sis then.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Dupsybaby(f): 12:04am On Sep 01, 2006
@edgygirl, not at a very tender age
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by edygirl(f): 12:52am On Sep 01, 2006
yeah, I know.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by doubletree(f): 12:02am On Sep 08, 2006
thought it was ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!

Till i had my kids.i tried the 'posh' boots suction device which was completely USELESS.
In the end it was 'suck and spit' alternating with normal saline nose drops(buy it from the pharmacy),
watching your baby struggling to breathe because of a blocked nose is not funny at all!!!!didn't need to do it after they were about 6 months.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by anabell(f): 9:24pm On Sep 26, 2006
u guys should get real and stop all this formin ,i will do anytin 4 my kid,after all i brought them into d world
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by izoneb(f): 4:50am On Oct 03, 2006
Lauryn I'm with you.
Absolutely!Before i married i quarelled about it with my friend who did it but when i started having kids nobody thought me to do it.
My husband hates it though but from 18months Barney teaches them with a song that says
"Keep your sneeze to yourself."
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by okwanuzo3(f): 12:56pm On Oct 03, 2006
if my child's uncomfortable. there's no question about it
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by sammyjl(f): 3:37pm On Dec 20, 2006
tongue Hell no, I know and am saying this cos I have a 6 year old. I wouldn't do this at all, and never did that. I also never breastfed in public, its just not me.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by LondonCool(m): 11:14pm On Dec 22, 2006
I have 3 kids, 2 of them under 2 years old-I do get to suck their nostrils to bring out the mucus .Its kind of a First Aid treatment and see nothing wrong in it.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by kaypinchi(m): 10:13pm On Oct 11, 2007
Yeah! I've done that b4 & can do it again.

U know, when it's like a matter of life & death you'll do it b4 realising it. That what happened to me-& my neice.
Did that several times after and I tell u it's no big deal. wink
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by girlie2000(f): 8:28am On Oct 12, 2007
theres nothing wrong in helping a baby who cannot help him/herself. most of our parents did it for us. if there is an alternative fine, but if none then gat no choice but to blow/suck it out for the helpless baby.

come to think of it, those of u who say it is disgusting, dont u suck pussies and dicks of grownup adults? (which i find even disgusting! angry ) so what is disgusting abt sucking out a little baby's running nose?
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by ifyalways(f): 2:45pm On Oct 12, 2007
I would . . .Not just for my child but for any and every child around me If s/he is in dire need of it. cool
Have we all not sucked much more disgusting things ?
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by mellow(m): 3:43pm On Oct 12, 2007
Una like any discussion weh get suck for inside too much. As soon as una see suck this suck that so long as suck

de inside una don go haywire. N waoo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by presido1: 7:01pm On Oct 12, 2007
My Dad did it to us and he is still alive today which means its not harmful,why cant i do it to my kids.
You can suck C**k and lick P**y for fun but you cant save your kid.
Na wah for una.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by dellynash(f): 5:01pm On Oct 13, 2007
i have a two year old son and i have never done that to him i don't think i can try.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Zandra1(f): 2:49am On Oct 16, 2007
My lovely hubby would have to do that cause I wouldn't wanna barf in my sweet baby's nose cause I was trying to blow out mucus.

@ poster, no I cant do it so my hubby would have to.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by naijabands(m): 1:10pm On Oct 16, 2007
I understand when guys back off, but I just dont get the 'formin' attitude of the gals; u r disgusting enough to want the most unimaginable things when you are pregnant (I have witnessed tuwo near a rubbish heap undecided), u do quite a bit of sucking shocked when you are 'younger', and really have no reason to, but it comes to an absolutely acceptable reason to 'suck' and u go,

There's nothing wrong with sucking mucus out of your child's nose, I am proud to say that I helped my son clear his nostrils till he was 18 months old and had gotten the grasp of blowing out.

Doesnt mean I preferred it to my sepe sha! wink
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Zandra1(f): 6:07pm On Oct 16, 2007
I wonder why guys would be able to back off. Afterall, when men are 'younger' they also do some sucking too. This is not an issue of 'tude its personal choice.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by ursie(f): 3:31pm On Oct 17, 2007
what do you guys mean?
thats one quality of a good mother. However i'm not sure i can do that when i become one
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by ebony4life(f): 4:50pm On Oct 17, 2007
@ ursie
You will have to do it

-
Thats nasty, give the child a hankerchief jeeze
I get nauseated thinking about that yuck

GIVE a 3 months old a hankerchief? Get real man!

You will have to do it as a mother, except if you hire a nosesucker grin
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by efuah(f): 9:29am On Oct 18, 2007
ebony4life:

except if you hire a nosesucker grin
lol grin

@topic. yeah, i will do it wink what's wrong with that? all i want is for my baby to breath
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by adesilver(m): 5:01pm On Oct 19, 2007
done it before and can do it again. cool
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Outstrip(f): 6:09pm On Apr 03, 2008
I used to say ewwwwwwwwww to this. But the first time I did it noone had to tell me to. I still do it for my 10 month old. It is kind of gross though.
Use saline drops and then a bulb syringe after it has broken down the mucus. If that does not work, LOL
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Scopium: 6:40pm On Apr 03, 2008
ursie:

what do you guys mean?
thats one quality of a good mother. However i'm not sure i can do that when i become one

[size=13pt]Those mothers that don't do it are bad in that aspect abi?
That is disgustingly disgusting. I can never think of it let alone doing it.
Next you'll lick your childs ass clean with your tongue.
[/size]
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Dreloaded(f): 6:42pm On Apr 03, 2008
Gosh. Im trying to eat lunch angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How I Caught My Cheating Wife / Zimbabwean Woman Denies Husband Sex, But Cheats With 16 Men, Sends Nudes To Them / A Man Died, Buried, Appeared In Another Land Where Nobody Knows Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.