Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,379 members, 7,800,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? (129117 Views)

To Women: If You Can't Control Your Mouth Don't Marry! / How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. / How Do You Deal With Your Childs Poor Grades (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 13, 2011
If I had to do it for my 8-month-old daughter, I would. When she was brand new, cheesy she often had her nasal passages blocked, and would be gasping for breath. My wife sucked out the mucus by mouth. Honestly, at that age, it's colourless, and as they get older, it ceases to matter.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Blazay(m): 4:21am On Mar 14, 2011
Yes, I have.
Swallowed it too.
Tasted salty and slimy.

Like sperm or poohsie juice. kiss
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Nekai(f): 6:04am On Mar 14, 2011
I have had to do it on several occasions when my children could not breathe. The taste was the last thing on my mind as I was watching them struggle.

Blazay:

Yes, I have.
Swallowed it too.
Tasted salty and slimy.

Why r u so silly. shocked
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by meyri: 1:30am On Mar 16, 2011
I never seen anyone suck mucus out of the nose. I saw a lady pinch her baby nose and blow into his mouth and mucus came out the nose.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by MsCee(f): 4:36am On Mar 16, 2011
this is the grossest thing anyone can do, im about to throw up just reading this thread, ewww
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by isalegan2: 4:09pm On Mar 16, 2011
meyri:

I never seen anyone suck mucus out of the nose. I saw a lady [b]pinch her baby nose and blow into his mout[/b]h and mucus came out the nose.

Oh my!  CPR? I guess she knew what she was doing then. smiley  But that is frightening, to be honest. 

Not similar, but reminds me of once seeing an American father pinch his little boy's nose cos he didn't want him crying in public "like a girl."  He was trying to deprive him of oxygen so he would have to breathe trough his mouth and in turn stop the wailing.  People are crazy, for sure.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Busybody2(f): 2:22pm On Mar 17, 2011
Outstrip:

grin grin grin grin You do it very gently now. Abi you are now a dyson vacuum cleaner. Just suck gently not hard. In fact don't do it abeg. I am even afraid for the baby

Chei, a year later, and I still can't get it right embarassed I had to conceed and give up anyway  embarassed

By the time I end up in A&E with the poor mite, he is already drenched in Robb, Tigerbalm, Karvol, and all sorts of ointment and balm and vapourisers and inhalers and the Doctors have to spend hours fumigating us before treating us embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 17, 2011
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by wendybaby(f): 4:05pm On Mar 17, 2011
CC, this one na long journey grin

oya blow, 'eeeehhimmm, sweety blow it again cry cry cry, see cry
mummy turns child's face up and in one quick action lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

everything is out, and baby is happy again. grin grin.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by MissyB3(f): 4:06pm On Mar 17, 2011
Yes, I have. smiley
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Busybody2(f): 4:10pm On Mar 17, 2011
chaircover:

^^^ for those who cant do it (me included) embarassed this is how we get over it;

1. Shut all the windows and run a hot bath to steam up the bathroom
2. Place some vicks/karvol/robb etc in the hot bath. Sit on a chair in the bathroom and place baby on your lap. Baby breathes in the menthol from the steam and that helps to clear the airways
3. Buy a baby mucos extractor from the chemist
4. Try saline drops (again from the chemist)

grin

Saline drops wey i dey use like one bottle a day, i even went to Selfridges and paid through my nose to get some gimmicky bottled sea water, na lie. I have tried steaming too and even use cloth dipped in hot water on the chest area, but 5 mins later he gets bunged up again. I even purchased dehumidifier and those glowing air filter to no avail embarassed

As for those mucus extractor thingy, i've got 4 different types, you wan try my medicine cabinet, lol, even the Ambulance attendants dey always laugh say dem fit come borrow spare drugs from me cheesy Plus i constantly get told off by the Doctors for over using these balm stuffs and drops thereby desensitizing the poor pikin grin
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 17, 2011
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Busybody2(f): 4:40pm On Mar 17, 2011
^^^ I don give up long time, if i can't get Dad to do it, then we head to A&E embarassed

As for weaning, gosh, was even about to go bump the parenting thread to ask ileke-idi to come and take over, I don raise my share of the pikin finish tongue I dread breastfeeding now, and start thinking "gosh, this is suicidal, women are born to suffer, see as i dey play russian roulette with my nipples and sticking it in a mouth full of teeth praying he would not bite it" angry embarassed
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by ebonie(f): 7:38pm On Mar 17, 2011
I use the chicco nasal aspirator kit. Its just N1,500

Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by chic2pimp(m): 12:27am On Apr 01, 2011
Blazay:

Yes, I have.
Swallowed it too.
Tasted salty and slimy.

Hehehehehehehehee grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Angolobabe(f): 12:29am On Apr 02, 2011
No i can not cos its gross ,there are other ways to suck of baby mucus without using my mounth .
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by stephen121(f): 2:11pm On Mar 05, 2012
handkerchief no dey,
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by agiboma(f): 2:49pm On Mar 05, 2012
In Canada i gave his Saline drops, but in Nigeria my hubby showed me how to suck it out and i did it twice to help my little guy, ill do anything for that kid grin
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by mastro: 5:22pm On Mar 06, 2012
it's gross  sad

However when you have a child and you can see them suffering and the Oyingbo tools don't work then,  you suck, that's why we are parents!!
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by ShyOne(f): 8:09pm On Mar 06, 2012
That is gross.

This is what you do.

Take your mouth and blow into the child's mouth and mucus then shoots out the nose. I watched it being done over and over.

Take your mouth and blow very fast and hard into the child's mouth - the child will cry but mucus shoots out of the nose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Zilja(f): 9:12pm On Mar 06, 2012
Have you ever seen a sucton bulb for infants.

Release pressure on the bulb slowly to suction the mucus out of your baby's nose. Remove the bulb syringe and then squeeze it forcefully over a tissue to expel the mucus collected from your baby's nose.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/278198-how-to-remove-mucus-from-the-nose/#ixzz1oMxux21S
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by mastro: 7:19am On Mar 07, 2012
Have you ever seen a sucton bulb for infants.

Release pressure on the bulb slowly to suction the mucus out of your baby's nose. Remove the bulb syringe and then squeeze it forcefully over a tissue to expel the mucus collected from your baby's nose.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/278198-how-to-remove-mucus-from-the-nose/#ixzz1oMxux21S

Dude I have children, I love gadgets, tried all of that stuff, sometimes it doesn't work, ditto the blowing in the mouth, at which point a loving parent "mans up" and sucks grin
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by WHAT3: 9:22am On Mar 07, 2012
Yep! i did it for all my children, no biggie! It helps in clearing the nasal congestion faster and make them breathe well, and stop the crying, by

the time they reached 4years, they could blow it out themselves with my help, but if there is a stubborn catarh that refused to come out, mommy is on

the rescue mission!.#laughing# really, it is not nasty as you think, just quickly spit it out and rinse your mouth. ahahahhhaa. believe me, it's a life

saver atimes. Children can sleep peacefully, and a mother can get her winks.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Loveaflame(m): 2:36pm On Mar 08, 2012
My wife does it all the time for our babies until they are mature enough to do it themselves
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by yme1(f): 3:02pm On Mar 08, 2012
Yes I have
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Duxe(f): 6:14pm On Mar 08, 2012
Lwkmd 4 here o! Its been really funny reading all ur comments. Buh evn though its yucky,ders nothing wrong wt it! Av seen it done n wud do it 4 my baby if need be. Afterall we kiss pple whos oral hygeine,we do nt knw!
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by oluchikeh(f): 5:37pm On Mar 12, 2012
when your litte baby of a few months who cannt do anything for herself
has catarh and a blocked nose
and you are alone in the house with this very uncomfortable and cranky and sick baby
then we can have this discussin again
on whether you would releive the child by sucking/clearing her nostrils so that both of you can relax or you would leave her to suffcate on her own mucus
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Afam4eva(m): 7:29pm On Mar 12, 2012
God forbid. Yuck.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by SunnyChus(m): 6:43pm On Apr 04, 2012
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by infogenius(m): 8:04pm On Apr 04, 2012
My brother I will do it till the child can help himself.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by knowledge4(m): 6:35pm On Apr 12, 2012
It happens a lot but it i think it is a dirty thing to do.
There should be more decent ways to do it.
There may be no harm in sucking it anyway but its a crude system.
The mothers say that is the only way to clear the whole mucus from the baby's nostrils at a go.
African technology is it!
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 12, 2012
wd u rather watch ur baby struggl to breath! african tech or not, its d best way so far to clear a baby's nostrils, dias nothg dirty abt it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How I Caught My Cheating Wife / Zimbabwean Woman Denies Husband Sex, But Cheats With 16 Men, Sends Nudes To Them / A Man Died, Buried, Appeared In Another Land Where Nobody Knows Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.