Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted (159200 Views)

How To Browse On Your Blackberry Without A BIS Plan. / Screenshot App For Unrooted Tecno P3 / Has Airtel Stopped Their BIS Plan On Android And Iphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by cj1080(m): 10:39pm On May 30, 2012
About a month ago, I read somewhere on the net that a blackberry plan can be used on a pc or phone. Being that in the uk and us Network providers provide for a blackberry complete plan that offers unlimited internet downloads and uploads.

Questions is can it also be used on an android phone, after some googling the answer was yes. Big thanks goes to the guys on androidforum.com

Time to get the bang for your buck, no more all that horse power and so little room to gallop.

So these are what you will need on your android phone or tablet.

For rooted android phones or tablet.

1.Download superuser if you dont have it, if you do, then download SetDns from google play or market.

2. Pay for Blackberry complete plan, wait for the text message saying that your blackberry plan is active.
(i am using airtel's BBC plan N500 cos around my area airtel is a bit fast)

3. Go to Mobile network settings on your android.

4. Create a New Access Point. Name it anything. But in your apn tab, put blackberry.net

5. user and password, Put web.

6. Scroll down to the option apn type, there enther "default".

7. Save your apn, selet it, and switch off your phone or tablet.

8. Switch on your phone, and check your notification bar. if the 3g or edge sign is showing data coming in and going out. then your good to go. This means that the BBC plan is working as an internet access point. But you will notice that no app will connect to the net yet.

9. This where SetDns comes in, open setdns, scroll down to where a tab says googledns,your will see two input boxs below it. Leave them, and go to the tab that says apply.

10. Click Apply, A notification should show up saying superuser has granded access to setdns.

11. minimize it. and try any internet app. It will connect

12. Did i mention that setdns also speeds up your internet speed.

Non rooted Phone or tablet.

1. Use a standard internet plan for this; Look for GAE proxy app and Droid VPN from google Play. and install them.

2. Open GAE proxy, scroll down to the place it asks to download additional files.

3. After the download.

4. Activate BB complete, and create your blackberry apn.

5. Open GAE proxy and click enable network.

6. Open any internet enabled app and enjoy.

Using Droid VPN

1. Use a standard internet plan for this; Download the app from Google play or google Droid VPN and download it from the site.

2.Register a username on droid vpn

3.Activate your droid vpn account,.

4.activate the app.

5. Pay for your BB complete plan, and activate the blackberry apn,make sure you get the message that your plan is active.

6. Open Droid VPN and connect it. it will give you two servers you can use for free.

7. Once its connected.

8. Open any internet enabled app and connect.

wow, that was long.

Thats all folks.

If you want to use a modem( Huwei E205 and E1550)on your tablet remember to turn off the wireless access before the tablet can see the modem.

Wanna buy a tablet.

Check these out.

I have 2pcs of MID A10 android tablets and 4pcs MID Flypad tablets forsale
Specs are as follows

MID A10 HD/3D Tablet
Processor: 1.2GHZ Ram: 512mb, 4GB internal storage,
microsd reader, keypad and pouch.
mini usb port, HDMI port for linking with HD/3D flatscreen TV's
WIFI,3G modem support,1.3mp camera,speaker and mic.
4-6 hours active battery time,4 days standby mode.
Android 2.3.4, 7" tablet, auto screen rotation.
3G HSDPA modem.
with office suit,adobe reader,photoshop,air,facebook,twitter and other apps
Price N45,000

MID flypad HD
Processor: 1GHZ Ram: 512mb,4GB internal memory storage,
microsd reader, 1.3mp camera,speaker and mic.
WIFI, Ethernet, 3G module support, USB.
3-4 hours active battery time, 3 days standby mode.
Android 2.3.3, 7" tablet.
Price N26,000

Call Cj 08071064265 07035803388.

2 Likes

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by 2kurupt(m): 8:54am On Jun 01, 2012
Thanx mate, it's about time
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by BolaBankole(m): 9:13am On Jun 01, 2012
Op i use Acer Iconia Tablet can i use it with a modem cos is not showing any signs tht works here.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by cj1080(m): 10:57am On Jun 01, 2012
BolaBankole: Op i use Acer Iconia Tablet can i use it with a modem cos is not showing any signs tht works here.

In you wireless and network settings, does it show an option for mobile network, if it does then you should be good to go.

Also if it is lower than android 2.3, it might not work.
Still it all depends on your modem, cos some huawei modems dont work on some tablets.
Also I just switched to mtn BBCWEEK its much faster.
Been downloading Gameloft HD and 3D HVGA and QVGA games from torrents.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 01, 2012
does this work with any network..i use etisalat will it work with it?
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Justiyke4u: 6:30pm On Jun 01, 2012
We need testifiers
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by cj1080(m): 6:48pm On Jun 01, 2012
blackchild09: does this work with any network..i use etisalat will it work with it?

I have used Blackberry complete weekly plans on Airtel and mtn. Will try etisalat when the mtn expires next week. But for it to work on two networks, tells something.

Justiyke4u: We need testifiers

I am currently using it on both android phone and tablet,so lad it works.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 01, 2012
the droid vpn is for rooted phones only
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by spartanian(m): 7:51pm On Jun 01, 2012
my 3g signal dissappears anytime I select d blackery setting wa my apn
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Justiyke4u: 7:27am On Jun 02, 2012
Can it work on samsung galaxy tab 7.0plus unrooted and how
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 02, 2012
Justiyke4u: Can it work on samsung galaxy tab 7.0plus unrooted and how
yes follow the instructions above
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by cheko(m): 10:44am On Jun 02, 2012
moderator,
how do i activate my droid vpn account,.

and my the app??
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Atmreloaded: 11:06pm On Jun 02, 2012
Please i received a cdma htc evo 3d(sprint) from U.S, can i it ulocked here in nigeria? Can it use a sim card?
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by emeka50: 1:26pm On Jun 08, 2012
Please where can I get the SetDns apart from android market cry
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by cj1080(m): 11:21am On Jun 09, 2012
emeka50: Please where can I get the SetDns apart from android market cry

Do an intitle:index.of? apk “setdns“ on google, it should give you what you need.

My mtn nolong works, seems its been blocked, but i just got info on a friend using airtel on his own. tried it on mine and it worked.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Justiyke4u: 4:52pm On Jun 09, 2012
I heard that if u subscribe to a bundle with airtel dey wil give u bonus data how true is dis information dat some u wil 30-50 percent of ur total subscription
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by cj1080(m): 5:29pm On Jun 09, 2012
Justiyke4u: I heard that if u subscribe to a bundle with airtel dey wil give u bonus data how true is dis information dat some u wil 30-50 percent of ur total subscription

Not true, aint seen no bonus data.

Also the trick works on Etisalat.

For APN put blackberry.net

SetDNS address; primary dns is
8.8.8.8 secondary dns is 8.8.4.4

Ip address is 10.71.170.5

port is 8080

Load 100 naira etisalat card
and dial this code *499*3*2#
send they will send u a
message of ur 1 day blackberry complete subscription.

once you got setdnes enabled your it will connect.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by iykescream: 8:10pm On Jun 09, 2012
It is true,airtel gives data bonus
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Justiyke4u: 2:27pm On Jun 10, 2012
iykescream: It is true,airtel gives data bonus
how does it work pls and does it still work now
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by iykescream: 3:07pm On Jun 11, 2012
Justiyke4u:
how does it work pls and does it still work now
its a random thing,once u'v activated a data plan,then u r eligible.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Lawalmd(m): 11:04pm On Jun 11, 2012
not all apps work with the bis plan on etisalat like play store, whatsapp,email, opera mini and some other apps only the default browser and ucbrowser are working
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by beto2gbaski: 1:13am On Jun 12, 2012
hey wat about symbian belle smartphones? U left us out of the party
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Justiyke4u: 2:29am On Jun 12, 2012
Lawalmd: not all apps work with the bis plan on etisalat like play store, whatsapp,email, opera mini and some other apps only the default browser and ucbrowser are working
but does all app work with bis plan on airtel like dose ones u mentioned
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Lawalmd(m): 6:56am On Jun 12, 2012
On airtel all apps are working but with the default apn the bis apn is not working atall and the default apn comes with a limited data bundle im using the bcw plan
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by cj1080(m): 10:53am On Jun 12, 2012
Lawalmd: On airtel all apps are working but with the default apn the bis apn is not working atall and the default apn comes with a limited data bundle im using the bcw plan

Dude wats the data limit for the bcw,cos etisalat is so slow around my area and the bc day i did for airtel has run out.
I have a huge download (mass effect inflitrator) that i am planning on doing.

Is the data limit up to 500mb.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Lawalmd(m): 11:23am On Jun 12, 2012
Dude wats the data limit for the bcw,cos etisalat is so slow around my
area and the bc day i did for airtel has run out.
I have a huge download (mass effect inflitrator) that i am planning on
doing.
the data is just around 200mb not much of a plan anyway but the bcm gives you 1.5gb data
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by faoni572(m): 11:58am On Jun 12, 2012
Pls what is the meaning of rooted phone and unrooted phone and how would u know rooted phone and unrooted phone?

1 Like

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Justiyke4u: 3:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
Lawalmd: Dude wats the data limit for the bcw,cos etisalat is so slow around my
area and the bc day i did for airtel has run out.
I have a huge download (mass effect inflitrator) that i am planning on
doing.
the data is just around 200mb not much of a plan anyway but the bcm gives you 1.5gb data
1.5gb data for hw much and wats d duration
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by brianromel(m): 8:10pm On Jun 12, 2012
1500 airtel, 1.5gb, that i am interested in, will try it out during th weekend.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Justiyke4u: 9:00pm On Jun 12, 2012
brianromel: 1500 airtel, 1.5gb, that i am interested in, will try it out during th weekend.
hw does dat one work as in how does one subscribe
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Justiyke4u: 7:01am On Jun 13, 2012
I just heard some ppl saying dat airtel bis works in android with default settings hw true is dat
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Lawalmd(m): 7:39am On Jun 13, 2012
airtel bis works well with the default settings without any tweaking or software and it works with all apps on android but you have to pay for a plan its not a cheat cos by default when you subscribe for airtel bis a certain amount of data is allocatd for you so its that allocated data that is being used

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mtn Promo - Free Recharge Cards: / Research & "FBT" Thread ( This is not a chat room ) / Nokia Secret Codes(Revealed Here).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.