Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa (10043 Views)

Busta Rhymes Signs With Ymcmb, Releases New Single Featuring Chris Brown "why St / Don Jazzy's Mohits Records Signs With Kanye West's Good Music / Nas Signs With Jay-z (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by mukina2: 6:14pm On May 31, 2012
[img]http://api.plixi.com/api/tpapi.svc/imagefromurl?size=medium&url=http%3A%2F%2Flockerz.com%2Fs%2F213337683[/img]

[img]http://api.plixi.com/api/tpapi.svc/imagefromurl?size=medium&url=http%3A%2F%2Flockerz.com%2Fs%2F213338444[/img]

[img]http://api.plixi.com/api/tpapi.svc/imagefromurl?size=medium&url=http%3A%2F%2Flockerz.com%2Fs%2F213339641[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by rakumiii(m): 6:45pm On May 31, 2012
See thats what I'm talking about.........If you need to sign with a label sign with the BIG BOYS of the industry not like leaving MoHits to go sign with GOOD Music......:d :d
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by lifestyle1(m): 6:51pm On May 31, 2012
cool
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by Biggyd2: 6:51pm On May 31, 2012
Enjoy your money jare, you deserve it. wink Not like our leaders that steal us blind and merry thereafter.
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 31, 2012
good for them.
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 31, 2012
rakumiii: See thats what I'm talking about.........If you need to sign with a label sign with the BIG BOYS of the industry not like leaving MoHits to go sign with GOOD Music......:d :d
why not universal usa?
Its like saying davido signed for dev jam africa (owned by dbjanj)... Dev jam is still one of d biggest record label in d world

1 Like

Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by Victorjoseph(m): 6:58pm On May 31, 2012
I dy fil dem jawe
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by bittyend(m): 7:00pm On May 31, 2012
Details of the deal.. Is it a 360deal, or just a distribution deal?

Many people are signed, but how does that translate to success?

Will universal push them, and how will they sell the type of music they make to a universal audience?

Will they compromise, and change the content??

Those are the questions people need to ask..

But it's a good look, I wish them the best..

Mister MAY'D is a genius!!

3 Likes

Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by bittyend(m): 7:03pm On May 31, 2012
rakumiii: See thats what I'm talking about.........If you need to sign with a label sign with the BIG BOYS of the industry not like leaving MoHits to go sign with GOOD Music......:d :d
dn't

Ibotic bigot!!

Wasn't Wale signed to interscope, how come he didn't hit it big till he was signed to Rick Ross??

Some Nigerians are just re/tarded.

1 Like

Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by SisiKill1: 7:05pm On May 31, 2012
Thought they said they didn't need/want any international whachumacallit because they wanna promote Naija music industry.

I guess it is easy to refuse something when it is not being offered.

Lmao!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by destinysgu(m): 7:18pm On May 31, 2012

Pls dis is Psquare thread, b4 u guyz pollute the thread wit D'banj Vs Don jazzy again !!!
We need fresh air here plssssssss
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by gogomotet: 7:20pm On May 31, 2012
9jadelta:
why not universal usa?
Its like saying davido signed for dev jam africa (owned by dbjanj)... Dev jam is still one of d biggest record label in d world
your talk sweet o who tell u say na dbanj get def jam africa or is it because he said somtin about bringing the def jam mark to africa no dey bring this ur rumour here. Dbanj is a noise maker for all i care

1 Like

Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by Orikinla(m): 7:21pm On May 31, 2012
bittyend: dn't

Ibotic bigot!!

Wasn't Wale signed to interscope, how come he didn't hit it big till he was signed to Rick Ross??

Some Nigerians are just re/tarded.

Majority of Nigerians are retarded and voted for retarded leaders and have now ended up with a retarded generation. grin
The more they look, the less they see in our GDP.
Just enjoy the black comedy.
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by StaceyBanks(m): 7:22pm On May 31, 2012
You guys should stop hating! As far as records is concerned, P-Square has taken more wise decisions than any other Nigerian artist in the business aspect. Whatever the deal might be, i'm hundred per cent sure its in their own best interest(s).
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by babyboy3(m): 7:25pm On May 31, 2012

They signed for a record company!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by StaceyBanks(m): 7:25pm On May 31, 2012
9jadelta:
why not universal usa?
and who says Def Jam Africa belongs to D'banj? It is a sub-group of Def Jam. Its focused on africa and thats all. So next time don't blab if u don't know anything. You here? angry
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by babyboy3(m): 7:31pm On May 31, 2012
Stacey Banks: and who says Def Jam Africa belongs to D'banj? It is a sub-group of Def Jam. Its focused on africa and thats all. So next time don't blab if u don't know anything. You here? angry

IT BELONGS TO D-B-A-N-J!!!!

Yes its under the umbrella but its owned by Dbanj
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by scribble: 7:32pm On May 31, 2012
ITs not by name, actually the big record labels rape the artists profits more.

The indeoendent labels are actually better especially when you have strong star power.

Lady Gaga is actually signed to Akon.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35439455/ns/today-entertainment/t/akon-just-gaga-about-label-mate/#.T8e5BrBfGVo

http://www.sohh.com/2010/02/akon_on_saving_lady_gagas_career_when_i.html
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by John311: 7:34pm On May 31, 2012
@baby-boy Please stop all this rumor, Nothing like Def jam Africa yet.

1 Like

Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by merije1010(m): 7:37pm On May 31, 2012
My guys I lov u al.
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 31, 2012
Who else remember the rapper called da capo, he was featured by Styl-plus in Olufunmi remix. What happened to him? grin
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by ideylaff: 7:49pm On May 31, 2012
John311: @baby-boy Please stop all this rumor, Nothing like Def jam Africa yet.

LOL

LOL grin
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by love4ual: 7:49pm On May 31, 2012
i knew that this would happen,....when d'banj featured snoop dog and signed with kanye west.......on this same blog and nigeriafimls.com i predicted that p-square would respond to this.........

p-square are more positioned than any other artist africa has ever know,....they are the biggest and most sophisticated artist in africa......

they may never win the grammy because of their genre of music.....but for the fact that they have twice the fans of any other artist in africa...they will always sell more.......

i have a lot of respect for d'banj but i believe that p-square are more strategic and stronger...

believe me p-square would not sign any deal where it would not benefit them.......

THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES P-SQUARE'S MUSIC AFRICAN IS THAT THE ADD YORUBA,....IGBO,......BROKEN LANGUAGE TO THEIR MUSIC...........OTHER THAN THAT,...THERE IS NO MUCH DIFFERENT BETWEEN P-SQUARE AND OTHER R/B OR HIP HOP STARS IN AMERICA......
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by Goldenheart(m): 7:54pm On May 31, 2012
I love em 2geda...nt groupie thing...*sob*
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by KINGwax(m): 8:01pm On May 31, 2012
Stacey Banks: and who says Def Jam Africa belongs to D'banj? It is a sub-group of Def Jam. Its focused on africa and thats all. So next time don't blab if u don't know anything. You here? angry
pls where is Dem Jam Africa? Have u ever heard of it? It's jes a proposal dbanj is willin to experiment on. So if it's alive, it's for dbanj so go hang!

1 Like

Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by cyrilex202(m): 8:07pm On May 31, 2012
great move to step up their game.i'm impress.
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by zumarock8(m): 8:07pm On May 31, 2012
waitin concern agbouru with over load, i think am in the wroung thread grin
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 31, 2012
John311: @baby-boy Please stop all this rumor, Nothing like Def jam Africa yet.
are u frm togo or somalia?
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by John311: 8:34pm On May 31, 2012
@9jadelta Dbanj himself as not announce or publicize is the presido of def jam africa
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by ritux: 8:39pm On May 31, 2012
Kudos to Psquare u guyz will continue to go higher like D****

But how ona go take maintain the 2nd private jet ona buy from Arab?
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by MrGlobe(m): 8:43pm On May 31, 2012
love4ual:
THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES P-SQUARE'S MUSIC AFRICAN IS THAT THE ADD YORUBA,....IGBO,......BROKEN LANGUAGE TO THEIR MUSIC...........OTHER THAN THAT,...THERE IS NO MUCH DIFFERENT BETWEEN P-SQUARE AND OTHER R/B OR HIP HOP STARS IN AMERICA......
I would have loved to have a bit of what you are smoking, only that its deadly.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fela’s Music Lands Man In Trouble With Soldiers / DEAL: Get The Perfect Niched Nigerian Instagram Accounts For Your Brand / Chidinma Ft Wizkid & Suspect - Emi Ni Baller (remix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.