Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,578 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Which State Pays Veterinary Doctor Corpers Highest During NYSC - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Which State Pays Veterinary Doctor Corpers Highest During NYSC (15044 Views)

Why Do Some Married Ladies Commit Adultery During NYSC? / Which State Pays Corpers The Highest Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Which State Pays Veterinary Doctor Corpers Highest During NYSC by chima2011: 6:44am On Jun 01, 2012
Please can anyone provide me with this info. I just finished school and will need an honest advice on where to serve so as to get paid the highest so I can save up some cash during service.
I know the total average pay for vet corpers is hundred thousand naira
I don't want to kid myself with the idea that there is a plum employment opportunity waiting for me out there. Thank you all
Re: Which State Pays Veterinary Doctor Corpers Highest During NYSC by aieromon(m): 10:09am On Jun 01, 2012
Go up north and make sure you're posted to somewhere very far from civilisation.If possible,it should be close to Niger Republic.
I can only speak for Daura,Katsina where corpers were paid as much as N120,000.

3 Likes

Re: Which State Pays Veterinary Doctor Corpers Highest During NYSC by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 01, 2012
a word of advice. please don't get carried away with plum mss for 12months dear. get somewhere that would afford you the opportunity of looking for a real job or at least an internship that can translate to full retaining after service. So many vets get carried away after receiving government's mss for 12months, they come back home jobless. Marketing the veterinary degree, which is unfortunately ungraded, is not fun in the job market. I do hope you have other skills?. Saving is ok, but you must be really determined and focused. Map out your plans and goals, so they will motivate you. Take it from a vet who's been there.
Re: Which State Pays Veterinary Doctor Corpers Highest During NYSC by yamakuza: 6:03pm On Jun 01, 2012
^ I hear there are lots of farms in the north.

Niger state should be good for husbandry/vets, not so?
Re: Which State Pays Veterinary Doctor Corpers Highest During NYSC by chima2011: 11:17pm On Jun 01, 2012
JaiyeJeje: a word of advice. please don't get carried away with plum mss for 12months dear. get somewhere that would afford you the opportunity of looking for a real job or at least an internship that can translate to full retaining after service. So many vets get carried away after receiving government's mss for 12months, they come back home jobless. Marketing the veterinary degree, which is unfortunately ungraded, is not fun in the job market. I do hope you have other skills?. Saving is ok, but you must be really determined and focused. Map out your plans and goals, so they will motivate you. Take it from a vet who's been there.
Thank you very much for the advice. However I would want to know what you mean y me having other skills. I would want to serve in the south west or east. Ut I don't know how much they pay vet corpers in the south. Please can you help me with this information.
Re: Which State Pays Veterinary Doctor Corpers Highest During NYSC by chima2011: 11:20pm On Jun 01, 2012
aieromon: Go up north and make sure you're posted to somewhere very far from civilisation.If possible,it should be close to Niger Republic.
I can only speak for Daura,Katsina where corpers were paid as much as N120,000.

Do you have idea of how much they currently pay vet corpers in the south east
Re: Which State Pays Veterinary Doctor Corpers Highest During NYSC by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 03, 2012
I only know about the West where I am based. Oyo, Ekiti and Ondo are the highest paying currently at 150k. However, I am certain you know people rush these places like crazy, so just try and 'tighten' your game if it is going to be your choice. Lagos has not implemented the CONMESS for vets yet(corpers), so even though the ogas are paid, the corpers receive around 15-20k. Ogun around 35k or so.Much of the south west veterinary practice focuses on small animal clinical practice, interspersed with ambulatory services. Gombe I hear also pays very well. Some local Governments in Edo (Etsako North) pay 90k, confirmed. Auchi pays like 50k(abattoir meat inspection) Benin-City pays 65k, but I remembered prostrating for the DVS for work then..lol. didn't get it.They now reject vet corpers. Mind you most of these places only take one or two corpers per batch, so don't be surprised if you discover like 20 of you are jostling for just one or two slots. The good thing is being govt work, there is time made available to you as shifts are run, even with HND Animal Production and Health and Animal Health Technologists(who attend to cases in the clinic, for whatever reasons on earth, I would not know).

By skills I mean, what else can you do aside from your medical knowledge?..School lies a lot to us dear,for a lot of us are brainwashed to think there will be someone out there who will be paying you a ,million naira per month, a total lie. So please develop yourself along lines you have a flair for, something I am personally not regretting. Most of these state veterinary departments hardly or ever retain,so most times you are thrust back into the general job market as everyone else, the private sector most times to the rescue. Please use this opportunity to really discover yourself and strategise. Please check out my homie's blog- http://nzesylva./2009/06/21/the-dilemma-of-being-a-vet-in-nigeria/. It summarises a lot

@yamakuza... the issue isn't just the farms being there sir. A trend I discover with vet corpers is that, "Ok, I'm done now, spent 8years in school, so who's ready to pay me my cheddahs?"..lol. Unfortunately no one owes anyone any money. That's the Naija of today. The fear with working in a farm is that it often turns you to a recluse, completely away from civilization. Only a few copy the foreign style where you have internet, private power and infrastructure and are fully residential. If the poster can get a place like this, fine. however, no private farm pays more than 90k. Down south is worse, just know you are going to be a slave for 12months, literarilly. post service pay is around 50-60k, so just imagine what corper pay will be. I just want the poster to expand her coast and learn or cultivate skills that she can trade for value in other markets.

1 Like

Re: Which State Pays Veterinary Doctor Corpers Highest During NYSC by yamakuza: 11:37am On Jun 03, 2012
^ oh, ok. Had no idea s/he was looking for office/govt work.

Mentioned Niger in particular cos lots of retired generals have farms there.

Had no idea max pay would be around 90k.

@op: all d best!
Re: Which State Pays Veterinary Doctor Corpers Highest During NYSC by chima2011: 7:08pm On Jun 08, 2012
JaiyeJeje: I only know about the West where I am based. Oyo, Ekiti and Ondo are the highest paying currently at 150k. However, I am certain you know people rush these places like crazy, so just try and 'tighten' your game if it is going to be your choice. Lagos has not implemented the CONMESS for vets yet(corpers), so even though the ogas are paid, the corpers receive around 15-20k. Ogun around 35k or so.Much of the south west veterinary practice focuses on small animal clinical practice, interspersed with ambulatory services. Gombe I hear also pays very well. Some local Governments in Edo (Etsako North) pay 90k, confirmed. Auchi pays like 50k(abattoir meat inspection) Benin-City pays 65k, but I remembered prostrating for the DVS for work then..lol. didn't get it.They now reject vet corpers. Mind you most of these places only take one or two corpers per batch, so don't be surprised if you discover like 20 of you are jostling for just one or two slots. The good thing is being govt work, there is time made available to you as shifts are run, even with HND Animal Production and Health and Animal Health Technologists(who attend to cases in the clinic, for whatever reasons on earth, I would not know).

By skills I mean, what else can you do aside from your medical knowledge?..School lies a lot to us dear,for a lot of us are brainwashed to think there will be someone out there who will be paying you a ,million naira per month, a total lie. So please develop yourself along lines you have a flair for, something I am personally not regretting. Most of these state veterinary departments hardly or ever retain,so most times you are thrust back into the general job market as everyone else, the private sector most times to the rescue. Please use this opportunity to really discover yourself and strategise. Please check out my homie's blog- http://nzesylva./2009/06/21/the-dilemma-of-being-a-vet-in-nigeria/. It summarises a lot

@yamakuza... the issue isn't just the farms being there sir. A trend I discover with vet corpers is that, "Ok, I'm done now, spent 8years in school, so who's ready to pay me my cheddahs?"..lol. Unfortunately no one owes anyone any money. That's the Naija of today. The fear with working in a farm is that it often turns you to a recluse, completely away from civilization. Only a few copy the foreign style where you have internet, private power and infrastructure and are fully residential. If the poster can get a place like this, fine. however, no private farm pays more than 90k. Down south is worse, just know you are going to be a slave for 12months, literarilly. post service pay is around 50-60k, so just imagine what corper pay will be. I just want the poster to expand her coast and learn or cultivate skills that she can trade for value in other markets.

Thank you ery much for taking your time to respond. I'm really grateful.
Re: Which State Pays Veterinary Doctor Corpers Highest During NYSC by Wonderboy1(m): 2:13pm On Jun 24, 2012
How much is the minimum salary for a veterinary now?
Re: Which State Pays Veterinary Doctor Corpers Highest During NYSC by PucciGuru(m): 1:46pm On Feb 18, 2015
Which states pay animal scientists more?
Re: Which State Pays Veterinary Doctor Corpers Highest During NYSC by frankIzuchukwu(m): 7:34pm On Feb 18, 2015
why state pay highest for science lab technician. ..
pzzzzzzz help me
Re: Which State Pays Veterinary Doctor Corpers Highest During NYSC by frankIzuchukwu(m): 7:34pm On Feb 18, 2015
which state pay highest for science lab technician. ..
pzzzzzzz help me
Re: Which State Pays Veterinary Doctor Corpers Highest During NYSC by yokiti: 6:36am On Feb 19, 2015

(1)

What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? / Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? / Solomon Dalung Inspects NYSC Facilities In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.