Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

HELP - Can't Unhide Files On My Windows 7 OS - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / HELP - Can't Unhide Files On My Windows 7 OS (3710 Views)

How To Permanently Unhide Virus Hiden Files / Deleted Files On A PC: Where Do They Go? / My Windows 7 Operating System Is Fake, What Do I Do. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

HELP - Can't Unhide Files On My Windows 7 OS by semid4lyfe(m): 6:58am On Jun 01, 2012
^^
Got a little problem.

I hid some files on my system (a Windows 7 Ultimate OS) sometime ago and now that I need to retrieve the files, the show hidden files checkbox in the folder options advanced settings menu which will enable me to unhide the files is not appearing and I'm in a big fix.

N.B - the show hidden files checkbox used to be present and I've used it from time to time but now it's completely gone off the radar.

Googled online for solution but no luck hence my post here. Any Nairalander knows how I can unhide the files? See screenshot of my folder options advanced settings menu to see what I'm talking about

Re: HELP - Can't Unhide Files On My Windows 7 OS by femi4: 8:37am On Jun 02, 2012
Have you tried the options below:
Restore the folder option to default settings.
Start your system in safe mode, perhaps you ll have access to the hidden files.
Perform microsoft system restore.
Re: HELP - Can't Unhide Files On My Windows 7 OS by dragnet: 3:38am On Jun 03, 2012
semid4lyfe: ^^
Got a little problem.

I hid some files on my system (a Windows 7 Ultimate OS) sometime ago and now that I need to retrieve the files, the show hidden files checkbox in the folder options advanced settings menu which will enable me to unhide the files is not appearing and I'm in a big fix.

N.B - the show hidden files checkbox used to be present and I've used it from time to time but now it's completely gone off the radar.

Googled online for solution but no luck hence my post here. Any Nairalander knows how I can unhide the files? See screenshot of my folder options advanced settings menu to see what I'm talking about

search for 'folder options registry fix'
Re: HELP - Can't Unhide Files On My Windows 7 OS by semid4lyfe(m): 8:44am On Jun 03, 2012
Lol. . . forgotten I started a separate cos of the problem

Thanks Femi & dragnet but I'd solved the problem 2 days ago. Posted it
https://www.nairaland.com/301179/post-computer-pc-troubles-here/195

(1)

Some Keys On My Laptop Just Stopped Working / Dell Latitude E6440 Intel Core I5 2.5ghz/500gb/4gb/dvdrw/wifi/bluth/@60k / Unlimited Free Browsing For PC Users (etisalat, Glo, MTM And Airtel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.