Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... (21144 Views)

I Turned Down This White Boy Who Tried To Have Sex With Me- I Am Scared! / I Just Bashed A Mercedes Benz, But Thank God For Christmas / My Boss Threatened To Sack Me Because I Turned Down Her Advances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 1:28am On Jun 03, 2012
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 1:52am On Jun 03, 2012
REALITY101:

Wicked grin

cheesy cheesy grin
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 1:56am On Jun 03, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

cheesy cheesy grin

Brown teeth ! wink
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 2:10am On Jun 03, 2012
REALITY101:

Brown teeth ! wink

angry angry

Hater.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 5:37am On Jun 03, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

angry angry

Hater.

No hon I don't hate undecided
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Phrankin(m): 6:35am On Jun 03, 2012
TisaBone:

i am in no way insecure. im a quite a pretty woman, im just tired of old dirty men trying to take advantage of younger women!! besides, I want a young, flyy guy around my own age.
I want... I want... I want... OK na.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Phrankin(m): 6:49am On Jun 03, 2012
Ol boy! See the number of pages in just a few hours. Just because its a marriage issue.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by TisaBone: 7:01am On Jun 03, 2012
i've done some soul searching and have admitted to myself that the reasons for my actions go beyond wht i initially thought them to be. anyhow, i just came on here to talk it out..... u guys shouldn't be so harsh on me though. if it weren't for the crazy akatas, (moi, ms.chima, and mzdarkskin (i think she akata undecided)this whole forum would be dead!!! angry angry
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Phrankin(m): 8:20am On Jun 03, 2012
TisaBone:

i asked his age because i wanted to see if he fit into my seven year rule. plus i wanted to ask him on the spot, so that he would not have time to make up a lie, or if he was lying, because he was caught off guard, there would be a little hesitation.

lol....lies? again i ask, to impress who?

according to you guys my story isn't all that spectacular anyway........but wait!!!!!! its up to over 6000 views!!!! quite a boring tale!!!
Tisa, you no go kill me with laugh. Which one come be "seven year rule"? Ok, so if he was within your seven year rule you'll accept him eh? But i thought you said you're not yet ready for a relationship. I'm not here to bash you, just that i needed more clarity. I must commend your resolve to remain chaste till marriage so don't mind al them haters.
Aha! Lest i forget, so you got a car also. That's impressive. So what type? BMW? Just being curious.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by juleze(f): 8:24am On Jun 03, 2012
MsDarkSkin: Tisa,

When rocks are thrown aimlessly, those hit will scream out in pain.

As you can see, you've managed to bruise the egos of many men who are like him - MINUS THE MONEY. <<<

Their ONLY 'power' after slaving to make a living, is to then put down strong women who do not fit in their ideal small minded box:

- I am THE/A man...if I call to her, she must come.

- ALL women are the same

- NO WOMAN is to refuse me, or the material things I offer to compensate for my lack of character

You, Tisa, broke 'the rules' by rejecting him and questioning him. Period.

Oh, and I am sure to some of these guys on here "calling you out", that you must forget the other threads declaring women who DO want men who have nice things/rides/money as being "gold diggers". wink How convenient would that be, right?

A man CAN own a Maserati and can indeed be humble, only interested in know who Tisa is - NO DOUBT. But at the end of the day you will only know by his actions and the fact that his "game"/approach would be totally different from a chauvinist. For one thing, he would introduce himself in a manner that clearly aims to separate himself from his wealth.

*MODIFIED* smiley

Versus the clown who while talking to you, checks to "see the time" every second just in case you hadn't seen his Rolex the first 30 times he did. Not to mention only interested in "informing you" of how great he is, his achievements, what he has and not caring if he's caught taking a few glimpses of your bodily features/shape.

These are the things REAL women watch out for, and determines whether or not they consider a man. IT'S ALL IN THE APPROACH. It's not about singling out men who have things/money....as I have always said..."If I see a FLASHY man, I go the other way"...I stand by that.

Growing up, I remember my mom telling me as a child "When hungry, NEVER lie on your back, lie on your belly". Meaning, "a woman with dignity would rather suppress her pain/deal with reality rather than spread her legs for the highest bidder for a way out."

Wow! Are you a relationship expert?
You just said it all.
Men open threads on gold diggers, and a decent lady opens a thread specifically countering what they said, and they throw tantrums like 2-year olds. The sad thing is that these men are going to be heads of a home (cringes at the thought). I pity women that end up with them.

The funny thing is a lot of them are pushing their legs to the limit, while others have a Benz 190 which isn't a bad thing in itself, but to insult a lady because she turned down what you don't have, is despicable.
Besides, this thread has garnered 9 pages already, despite the complaints about this thread being pushed up.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by symbian03(m): 8:27am On Jun 03, 2012
TisaBone:

both. he was too old, although i was tempted to give him my phone number. perhaps if he could afford the car note on it, then maybe he would have been able to take me nice places and do nice things for me. but then i reminded myself that all that glitters is not gold. usually older men always either have a wife or girlfriend at and the only thing a young woman could ever be to them was a plaything, then they go back home. im not in the mood to get my feelings hurt. plus, just because he has money, does not mean he would have been generous with it. so in my eyes it was a lose/lose situation.

Erm... Poster could u please post pictures of you? I'd like to know if you're worth dieing for. No offence!
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by juleze(f): 8:28am On Jun 03, 2012
Royal-VII:
This thread isn't about men vs women...smh

Clearly there are women in here who see the flaws in her ways.

There are women here who have criticized Her as well.

Some might be the gold diggers you men have always complained about.

1 Like

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by symbian03(m): 8:52am On Jun 03, 2012
pendo89:
I still cant pronounce that word.

Seriously, you Supercalifragilisticexpialidociously couldn't enunciate to that simple grammer eh?
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Lisa1: 9:23am On Jun 03, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]you got it
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:40am On Jun 03, 2012
symbian03:

Seriously, you Supercalifragilisticexpialidociously couldn't comprehend pronounce that simple word eh?
lol. . .were you born during the Vietnam war?
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by symbian03(m): 9:48am On Jun 03, 2012
ArQueBusieR:
lol. . .were you born during the Vietnam war?

lol... Odenson :-)

I've got a dictionary authored by Okija professors.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 03, 2012
@Tisa, I still cherish & will continue to applaud your courage & decision to remain chaste till marriage, if only u are doing & saying all that from the bottom of ur heart & with God's love & fear in it. But I was about developing doubts when u said that u asked him what his age was, which to me wasn't real & ideal as we all can admit, putting sentiments aside, but if ur sure & u are very sure, thumbs up still on what u did, but his age is perfectly ok, even most girls prefer men of over age, we have lots of em here too on nl...u can search for their threads, but then, u said u are African-American, another factor. You own a car & u are shocked that a guy riding a benz (even if its a G550 AMG or 500X) approached u for a date? It sounds fishy, pls make sure u aren't editing the story to make it juicy for ppl to listen, remember every sin is a sin (no matter how small it is) if truly ur born again who cherish & fear God, pls always flee from sin. Again, God fearing ladies who are committed to God don't always base their choice of partner on material things & wealth which u did mentioned in ur earlier posts; they always rely more on God, personality, character, potential & prayer when making choice & it always work for the true committed ones, pls dear check urself again very well to know your stand. Finally, don't over rely on your physical looks & hoping that with it, u will get the best man, that the greatest & most perfect man will come your way, nope....life doesn't work like that, there must be something missing in every human's life to make him/her always need God & desire Him for pefection/assistance, so be very careful & desist from bragging about your physical appearance cos it wasn't your making, of which it can be taken away from u anytime, some elegant cute ladies have been in such situations before & now they have nothing else to hold up to. Again, check out some elegant, cute, rich & classy ladies who are still single, viz. Agbani Darego, Genevieve, etc, etc, etc...and lots more that I know, so pray fervently to God for assistance & the grace to live a humble life, beauty fades away like shadow.

To the men/guys condemning Tisa, pls dnt, we all shud commend her for her decision to remain celibate till marriage, its rare to find, if only she is telling us the truth with the true fear of God in her! Of which she ought not to be bragging about it so she dnt end up earning her reward from ppl instead of God. we shud also commend her for saying she cannot date an old man coming to ruin her life if at all that was the guy's mission, of which only Tisa can tell for now cos we are just listeners/readers reading her confession.
Now to the ladies feeling bad or condemning guys that condemned Tisa, pls dnt too....u can only politely enlighten them, by d way, we all are learners till the day we pass on to the next world, NOBODY KNOWS IT ALL, and no one is perfect in life...though I understand your stand, which makes sense becos we guys ought to be commending her instead of condemning. But I guess y most condemned her was becos they saw it unnecessary for a lady to come & open up a thread just to tell the public that she turned down a man driving a benz car, when some other ladies who aren't even pretty have turned down company owners, stars, celebrities & never blew a trumpet, & for her flaunting that she makes her choice based on cars, looks & age & not on personality and other vital criteria, so that I think was their reason for condemning Tisa, outside that, we all ought to commend her. Happy sunday fellows!
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by drnoel: 11:33am On Jun 03, 2012
juleze:

You just said it all.
Men open threads on gold diggers, and a decent lady opens a thread specifically countering what they said, and they throw tantrums like 2-year olds. The sad thing is that these men are going to be heads of a home (cringes at the thought). I pity women that end up with them.

The funny thing is a lot of them are pushing their legs to the limit, while others have a Benz 190 which isn't a bad thing in itself, but to insult a lady because she turned down what you don't have, is despicable.
Besides, this thread has garnered 9 pages already, despite the complaints about this thread being pushed up.

I am rather repulsed by how u chose to think. Did u really read her thread well? If u did, please don´t tell me u would write that kind of shit. As for me, it has nothing to do with insulting her cos she turned a guy down cos of what he had. It had everything to do with the type of mentality she used to write the thread. The thing is, this mentality is very obtainable in many Nigerian men and women but its shouldn´t be so. The mentality, the sound of the thread and how she ended and still tried to defend herself is what I detested and called immature not that she turned the guy down. I actually do applaud her for what she did but she has to work on that mentality.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by harakiri(m): 6:32pm On Jun 03, 2012
warrior101:

I played SF far back 92 (cant remember) as well but i like MK more... My nick is sub zero...

@harakiri
If you wanna get entangled in a long war of words that you wont be the last person to curse then i suggest you go on talking to that plunk called mzdarkskin... Believe you've been around long enough to know what i am talking about

You've been playing since the days of the NES/SNES and the "cursed" Sega Mega Drive pad that never seem to last (especially after one or two 360 power drive moves with Zangief). I'm pretty good in MK (Subzero,Cyrax and Kitana are my choice picks any day) but i think SF if more "in depth fighting" than MK. MK blows you away with graphics and all the gore and you're bored in a week. I can play SF for months on end (especially if i have very good competition). Good competition is scarce these days unfortunately undecided embarassed embarassed
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 03, 2012
@Tisa, I am "half Akata" tongue smiley

juleze:

Some might be the gold diggers you men have always complained about.

LOL AMEN!! grin

juleze:

You just said it all.

lol I am FAR from an expert. But I definitely agree with you.

I read Tisa's original post and it was a bit vague, but after reading the thread a bit I began to realize why so many of these "men" were angry. Not because she is "confused", "imaginative" or "a liar" but because many of them DO have the attitude she was trying to discuss but just didn't type out all the way so to speak. Tisa may not have said it out front but I did and am not afraid of testosterone filled rants. A woman noticing that a man had a nice ride does NOT make her a gold digger. A woman LETTING GO OF HER MORALS AND VALUES TO BE IN HIS RIDE, now THAT'S the gold digger. That is what I feel Tisa was trying to convey by saying "although he had a Benz, he didn't meet my criteria so I let him go." smiley

1 Like

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 03, 2012
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 03, 2012
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 03, 2012
Anti-Chauvinism = Anti-Men?

Since when? Some folks and their illiteracy...na wa!
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by MrCork17: 7:43pm On Jun 03, 2012
ladies by the way am single. Pleise come get me but pleasue be gentle angry
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 03, 2012
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by juleze(f): 7:46pm On Jun 03, 2012
drnoel:

I am rather repulsed by how u chose to think. Did u really read her thread well? If u did, please don´t tell me u would write that kind of shit. As for me, it has nothing to do with insulting her cos she turned a guy down cos of what he had. It had everything to do with the type of mentality she used to write the thread. The thing is, this mentality is very obtainable in many Nigerian men and women but its shouldn´t be so. The mentality, the sound of the thread and how she ended and still tried to defend herself is what I detested and called immature not that she turned the guy down. I actually do applaud her for what she did but she has to work on that mentality.

(smile) then you should have commended for positive aspect, instead of focusing on the negative ONLY. I commended her stance (applaudable whether people agree or not...even Honda 2000 has girls dumping their carless bobos/fiancées) and then pointed out where she went wrong.

You would also get defensive if only your negative areas are pointed, while your positives are ignored always.
Cheers.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 03, 2012
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by warrior101: 8:12pm On Jun 03, 2012
lol
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 03, 2012
I SAID: A man CAN own a Maserati and can indeed be humble, only interested in know who Tisa is - NO DOUBT. But at the end of the day you will only know by his actions and the fact that his "game"/approach would be totally different from a chauvinist. For one thing, he would introduce himself in a manner that clearly aims to separate himself from his wealth.

*MODIFIED*

Versus the clown who while talking to you, checks to "see the time" every second just in case you hadn't seen his Rolex the first 30 times he did. Not to mention only interested in "informing you" of how great he is, his achievements, what he has and not caring if he's caught taking a few glimpses of your bodily features/shape.

^^ How is that a complex against ALL men??
I clearly made a distinction. Ode.

Seriously dude, drop the crack pipe!

Royal-VII:
How is it Chauvinism because there are "34" year old men and older in this thread being offended at her "Age" preference?

Do you even know what Chauvinism means?...lol

chau·vin·ism
   [shoh-vuh-niz-uhm] Show IPA

noun
zealous and aggressive patriotism or blind enthusiasm for military glory.

biased devotion to any group, attitude, or cause: religious chauvinism.

the denigration, disparagement, and patronization of either sex based on the belief that one sex is inferior to the other and thus deserving of less than equal treatment or benefit. Compare

AIIIY!! EXACTLY! So again I ask how is ANTI-CHAUVINISM = ANTI MEN??

All you did was prove my point.
In NO WAY was my posts directed to ALL men.

I made that clear, but you are to daft to understand.

But then again, you have "MB cheerleaders" who suffer the same complex as you cheering on your lunacy...no wonder.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 03, 2012
juleze:

(smile) then you should have commended for positive aspect, instead of focusing on the negative ONLY. I commended her stance (applaudable whether people agree or not...even Honda 2000 has girls dumping their carless bobos/fiancées) and then pointed out where she went wrong.

You would also get defensive if only your negative areas are pointed, while your positives are ignored always.
Cheers.

You're a fair person and I respect that. smiley

1 Like

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by ArQueBusieR(m): 12:02am On Jun 04, 2012
symbian03:

lol... Odenson :-)

I've got a dictionary authored by Okija professors.
Odenson?
lol @ Okija professors.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pantless Abby Zeus Opens Her Legs Wide To Celebrates Valentine's Day (+18photos) / Nwaka Ibeya Is The Lady With The Biggest Boobs In Nigeria Right Now (see Photos) / Man Arrested For Using Ex-girlfriend's Card To Book Flight For New Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.