Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,351 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:05 AM

To Invest In Lingerie Website - Good Or Bad Idea? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / To Invest In Lingerie Website - Good Or Bad Idea? (2966 Views)

Dangote, Blackstone To Invest N825bn (~$5billion) In Power / Walmart Nigeria: Good Or Bad Idea? (Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala) / I Have N15,000 To Invest. How Do I Go About It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Invest In Lingerie Website - Good Or Bad Idea? by pufectskin: 11:49am On Jun 02, 2012
Hello guys,
I am wondering if a site like www.victoriasecrets.com or www.pabo.com would work in nigeria.
Because I believe women should be pretty darn sexy kittens in their matrimonial homes.
Also I just believe women shld feel sexy and beautiful all the time cos I thiink it brings out the best in us. But my dilemma is; I don't want to be sooo passionate about dis dat I completely lose focus on d practicality of it (i.e can I make some pretty good money in this?).
Basically all orders would b online...
I want to know how much girls r willin to pay for good quality bra, panties, sleepwear, etc?
How often do u change underwear? Do u consider ur man in this matter? And men, would you like to see fresh new underwear on your woman often? How often?

Pls help everyone...both guys and gals advice welcome.
Re: To Invest In Lingerie Website - Good Or Bad Idea? by Yornandrew: 12:49pm On Jun 02, 2012
My organization can help you with a business plan. Come to Samuelson Consulting Limited @ to 24 Ademola Street, Off Awolowo Road, South West, Ikoyi, Lagos. We have written some business plan s on lingere
Re: To Invest In Lingerie Website - Good Or Bad Idea? by pufectskin: 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2012
Can somebody say something? I need urgent advice on this.
Re: To Invest In Lingerie Website - Good Or Bad Idea? by 80kobo(m): 2:17pm On Jun 02, 2012
pufectskin: Can somebody say something? I need urgent advice on this.

I think you'd get better response in the romance or fashion section.
Re: To Invest In Lingerie Website - Good Or Bad Idea? by 401kk: 2:46pm On Jun 02, 2012
Just a website only? I don't think its a good idea.
Re: To Invest In Lingerie Website - Good Or Bad Idea? by pufectskin: 3:14pm On Jun 02, 2012
Pls can u say why it is not a good idea? Give reasons. But note that the money stated is not just for creating the website. It includes money that would be used to buy the stock of diff types of lingerie, cartons for posting, first 6 month salaries of 2 employees to monitor online sales, update d website regularly and pack goods to be posted around nigeria. Thanks
401kk: Just a website only? I don't think its a good idea.
Re: To Invest In Lingerie Website - Good Or Bad Idea? by 401kk: 4:15pm On Jun 02, 2012
I think it will be better if you start offline first before getting an online presence. Although it will be more expensive, you'll be able to build a solid customer base and gain reputation faster. The main reason i'm saying this is due to the fact that Nigerians don't patronise online shops that much. Only a micro fraction of the Nigerian public shop online.
You're also going into fashion, which performs much better offline.
Re: To Invest In Lingerie Website - Good Or Bad Idea? by ravissant: 10:30am On Jul 05, 2012
It is a very good idea, and like a previous poster said, you should probably start offline first, this will help you understand the various lingerie needs of the business, and the issues that come with it.
I am currently into the lingerie business myself although i started recently, there has been an encouraging amount of feedback.
You can also check the link below to see my offerings. Another advise is that you should start out gradually and not jump into it. Dont start with a website you will have to pay for , i think there are some free ones out there so that you dont incur too much costs yet. Once your business has taken off, you can start incuring such expenses.

You can check this website for my offerings and the rates if this will help. www.thestudio9lagos.com/Ravisannt

Dont hesitate to put up more questions if need be.
Re: To Invest In Lingerie Website - Good Or Bad Idea? by Pacemaker: 11:09am On Jul 05, 2012
@Poster, traditional method of marketing is the best way to gain audience. Please avoid people that demand for you to email them for more information. I would not advise internet marketing for now in Nigeria because Nigerians are visual shoppers . I live in the USA and prefer selling offline to wholesale buyers in Nigeria, I only come to NL to source for resellers....Best of Luck
Re: To Invest In Lingerie Website - Good Or Bad Idea? by ravissant: 5:10pm On Jul 06, 2012
Key word "She lives in USA"

Believe me, nothing stops you from marketing your lingeries online, simply offer delivery services for a fee and collect your money on delivery. It works for me.

A wise man once said "if your dreams dont scare you, then they are not big enough"
Re: To Invest In Lingerie Website - Good Or Bad Idea? by keniom(m): 7:49am On Jul 07, 2012
It's a ĠõõD idea. Don't let anyone discourage Ɣ☺u. The idea of taking it online ȋ̝̊̅§ another really ĠõõD one. But Ɣ☺u will also need to have a physical presense that pple will relate with because no one will take u serious without a physical address they can relate with, they will JƱ$τ̲̅ think Ɣ☺u are another scam. About the website, when Ɣ☺u are ready, we can discuss about it. I can develop it at a very affordable rate. Send ♍ƺ an email at keniom.klaus@gmail.com
Re: To Invest In Lingerie Website - Good Or Bad Idea? by pufectskin: 3:36pm On Jul 09, 2012
thank you guys. stay sexy wink

(1) (Reply)

Nairabet New Scam / Need A Business Plan Worth 2million / How Do I Unsubscribe From Mtnplay Linda Ikejis?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.