Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars (4303 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by Florasboy(m): 5:26pm On Jun 02, 2012
I HAVE USED 3 HONDA PRODUCTS AND NOW I NEED A DIFFERENT BRAND OF CAR. PLEASE WHAT DO U GUYS ADVICE I GO FOR?
Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by Ajaofosoro: 9:15pm On Jun 02, 2012
Bros, my candid advice for u is to go for toyota camry. u will enjoy it as is very durable and strong.
best of luck
Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by sultaan(m): 9:31pm On Jun 02, 2012
Try GM or Ford, but if you stay Japanese go for Mitsubishi.

Start from a 2005 Galant, Nissan is good too.

You've done 3 honda,

Look t a 2007 Malibu,Impala,Fusion, Charger, Caddy CTS(my favorite)
Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by Florasboy(m): 10:45pm On Jun 02, 2012
My problem with Toyota camry and most of these other Japanese cars is just their funny dash boards. Some are not presentable

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by ikeyman00(m): 11:14pm On Jun 15, 2012
^^^^^ AND wat is the problem with honda then?

abi na witch craft issues

anyway tell us?
Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 16, 2012
Flora's boy:
I HAVE USED 3 HONDA PRODUCTS AND NOW I NEED A DIFFERENT BRAND OF CAR. PLEASE WHAT DO U GUYS ADVICE I GO FOR?
i feel for u. honda is my love cos it doesnt give problems. what are the issues u are having? i may be able to help u
Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by ikeyman00(m): 1:16pm On Jun 16, 2012
@@@@ still waiting?

flora tooth paste; respond naw haba
Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by Florasboy(m): 11:19pm On Jun 17, 2012
MY DEAR D ISSUE IS JUST D GEAR BOX.
Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by Shakara123(m): 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2012
Except for gear box wahala, Honda is a quite reliable. You may want to check out a Toyota (if you can do with the not so sexy dashboards and shocks wahala)
Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by inspirenet: 4:23pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ajaofosoro: Bros, my candid advice for u is to go for toyota camry. u will enjoy it as is very durable and strong.
best of luck

wink
Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by pato405(m): 4:45pm On Jun 21, 2012
OP:

I feel you on your criticism about Toyota dashboards. for instance, take a critical look at theat Tyota camry they call 'big daddy' or whatever, you can't just stop asking yourself what they were thinking when they created that dashboard. one straight door-to-door pillar lying horizontally, lacking style and cosmetic appeal. grin grin grin grin na wa for Toyota o! Honda on the other hand has a superior finishing. I'm not a Honda fan (would prefer Benz or BM) but Honda takes the cake with interior creativity - their dashboards are usually inviting. cool

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by Guyman02: 6:29pm On Jun 21, 2012
Flora's boy:
MY DEAR D ISSUE IS JUST D GEAR BOX.
I have a honda also and when the GearBox developed problem I realised that it is far more expensive to change than any Toyota gearbox. You will enjoy your honda anyday but hope it doesnt develop gearbox problem.
Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by maybel(m): 7:27pm On Jun 21, 2012
Flora's boy:
My problem with Toyota camry and most of these other Japanese cars is just their funny dash boards. Some are not presentable
There is nothing to suggest dat he wants to present d car.
Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by Murphy7h4: 3:37am On Jun 22, 2012
Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by pafestula(m): 8:59am On Jun 22, 2012
Bros try and summon courage to go for any German machine...Benz I salute u!...Volks Wagen Igwe sir! BMW too gbaski...forget dis toy called toy(ota) or honda advance toy... Try what give u execllent result.Interior, exterior and comfort and durability too sure...I drives 2001Benz C Class...always proud to zoom anyday anytime.. Also German Technology and Innovations is 5-8 years ahead b4 Japaness will imitate such Technology!

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by swiftycool(m): 11:01am On Jun 23, 2012
Bros if u know u don't like problem on excessive maintenance and services costs just stay with Honda, Toyota or nissan. Honda is the best car I've ever used and still use though toyota has been the second best choice.
Most transmission problems experienced in honda is often as a result of mis-use by owner or in most cases if a tokumboh, probably an inherent problem unnoticed b4 u bought it
Anyone advising u to get a BMW, benz, Ford etc, let dem also tell u about their high guzzling fuel and maintenance wahala. All the formings na wash jor.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by patrickbriggs17: 10:52am On Oct 11, 2013
ikeyman00: ^^^^^ AND wat is the problem with honda then?

abi na witch craft issues

anyway tell us?
is just becus u dont follow the right maintainace procedure
Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by patrickbriggs17: 10:54am On Oct 11, 2013
Guyman02:
I have a honda also and when the GearBox developed problem I realised that it is far more expensive to change than any Toyota gearbox. You will enjoy your honda anyday but hope it doesnt develop gearbox problem.
[color=#990000][/color]how those ur gear box perform?
Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by patrickbriggs17: 10:59am On Oct 11, 2013
swiftycool: Bros if u know u don't like problem on excessive maintenance and services costs just stay with Honda, Toyota or nissan. Honda is the best car I've ever used and still use though toyota has been the second best choice.
Most transmission problems experienced in honda is often as a result of mis-use by owner or in most cases if a tokumboh, probably an inherent problem unnoticed b4 u bought it
Anyone advising u to get a BMW, benz, Ford etc, let dem also tell u about their high guzzling fuel and maintenance wahala. All the formings na wash jor.
there ar booster to boost your fuel so your dont need to be afread abt fuel consuption call dis number for more explanation 08098534267
Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by patrickbriggs17: 11:02am On Oct 11, 2013
Guyman02:
if you use the right gear box oil you wnt have any gear box problem
Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by Originalsly: 11:16am On Oct 11, 2013
Cars is about choices and not luck. You didn't say why you were not "lucky" with Honda. I guess the cars had too many problems...in that case...change your dealer because most likely whatever car uou buy from him would not give uou better luck. If just simply tired of Honda then I suggest Toyota...because that is the other brand that can take the non maintenance abuse like Honda and is just as good on gas.

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 11, 2013
swiftycool: Anyone advising u to get a BMW, benz, Ford etc, let dem also tell u about their high guzzling fuel and maintenance wahala. All the formings na wash jor.

You still don't get it, do you? Fuel consumption is not a BRAND issue, it's more to do with engine size, gearing, weight of the car as well as driving style, amongst others.

Unless you're telling me a Toyota Camry 3.0 V6 does better gas mileage than a BMW E46 2.5 I6?

And I agree with the OP - the dash / fascia in the Toyota is so bland, it might as well be a black bench placed between the A-pillars. A BMW is a real driver's car, you feel involved driving it. The Toyota is bland, and lacks soul, you might as well fall asleep behind the wheel.
Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
@OP I doubt if you have ever read the owners manual of your dear Honda, I don't drive a Honda and I don't think it is a problematic car if you take care of it according to the manufacturers specs. I assure you that if you try another brand you would also ruin it and come here to complain saying it is not good/reliable.

Honda gears are good and require a specific Honda gear oil that you haven't been using so I would also advice you change your mechanic also, I have friends that have used different Honda Accords from 2001 to 2009 and haven't even a ball joint problem let alone gear issue. Take care of your car the way the manufacturer states and enjoy your car. I will advise you get a new mechanic fix your gear, buy the right oils (gear and engine) and you wouldn't have any problems. Imagine if a doctor prescribed a 500mg of Paracetamol and you take 100mg or 1000mg and tell me how you expect to feel perfect.

Cheers.
Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by sultaan(m): 11:33pm On Oct 12, 2013
I just drove a 2010 Accord 4cyl and in my opinion its crap, my ford although V6 feels way better
Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 13, 2013
@sultaan I think you should compare and accord V6 with your ford V6.

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by Nobody: 12:42am On Oct 13, 2013
cne010: @sultaan I think you should compare and accord V6 with your ford V6.

Ford's Duratech V6 is better than you may think, and may still out-gun the Honda's V6 offering.
Re: I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars by sultaan(m): 5:28am On Oct 13, 2013
I just feel there are more exciting cars out there it just gets depressing when our parents where more diverse in their choice hut this generation of owners can't see anything else apart from midsize and compact Japanese offerings .

When people have cash enough to pay for MDX,FX35, and Murano then they can't afford fuel and maintenance so they buy a 1.7/2.2l car at the same price then end up spending a lot more to maintain the small car when the fact is they all use the same service parts, oil,filter belts, brakes etc difference between these cars is 4mpg city

(1) (Reply)

German Used Cars For 1000 Euro: How Real? / Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria / Generator Difficult To Pull, Becomes Easy When Plug Is Removed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.