Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,908 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) (12139 Views)

We’ve Overcome Boko Haram, Buhari Tells Investors / Sophisticated Guns Captured From Boko Haram By Nigerian Soldiers [photos] / Rochas Okorocha Declares Support For Jonathan Vow To Take Over From Him In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Kobojunkie: 1:00pm On Jun 03, 2012
[size=14pt]Nigeria: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan[/size]
BY EZRA IJIOMA AND GOERGE AGBA, 27 MARCH 2012

By the middle of this year, the federal government and its security forces will have control over the security challenges posed by Boko Haram, President Goodluck Jonathan stated yesterday.

In an interview with the Yonhap, the official news agency of South Korea, in Seoul, Jonathan said that, at present, his government has reasonable control over the activities of the religious group, as their attacks are only being perpetrated in some parts of the country.

"In terms of security challenges, in some parts of country we have terrorist attacks. But it doesn't affect the whole country. We are in reasonable control. We have belief that, by the middle of this year, in terms of security of individuals, we will have control. (The danger) is limited to some parts of the country. It doesn't extend to other parts of country," he said.

Jonathan, who arrived in Seoul on Sunday to attend the two-day summit together with representatives from 52 other nations and four international organisations discussed how to prevent terrorists from getting hold of nuclear weapons and ensuring atomic safety. The Nigerian leader also asked South Korean businesses to expand their investments in building Nigeria's infrastructure for the energy and telecommunication sectors in particular.

Asked how he has been able to address issues of political stability which is important for foreign investors, the Nigerian president blamed investor-related problem on past military governments.

He said: "There is one key area that I want to emphasise. Nigeria is a very, very green area for investors. Before this time, during the military rule, you didn't know who was the next president. When the new government comes, there is a new policy and those policies are not attractive to investors. Basically from 1999 to date, we have established democratic government.

"I am the president. Before I took over, I was vice-president. The president was very ill and people thought there would be military intervention. Today, we have conducted election. Politically, we are stable. For investors, Nigeria has strong law and media. No president can just change a law that can affect investors. Especially, we encourage investors.

"Nigeria is a country with lots of natural resources. South Korea, on the other hand, is industrialised. So, if the two countries commit together, they can really enhance development. As Africa's number one oil-producing country."

Meanwhile, suspected members of Boko Haram in Maiduguri, Borno State have reportedly killed the biological father of Boko Haram spokesperson "Abul Qaqa". Alhaji Abdullahi Jimoh, a former Deputy Comptroller of Nigerian Prison Service was killed by suspected members of Boko Haram.

A security source told SaharaReporters that Jimoh was killed with a friend in front of his home at the back of Railway Quarters in Maiduguri late Monday night, but it was yesterday that it became clearer that he was the father of Abul Qaqa, the detained spokesperson of the sect whom the SSS and Nigerian Army captured in Kaduna recently.

The source said that the father has been out of Maiduguri city for some time and just returned to the troubled town recently. The identity of the second person killed with Jimoh is still unknown, while Boko Haram is yet to claim responsibility for the killings.

In a related development, five al-Qaeda suspects linked to North Africa have been arrested in Kano by men of the State Security Services (SSS) over the kidnapping of a German engineer, Edgar Raupach, in January.

LEADERSHIP gathered that four of the al-Qaeda suspects, including a Mauritanian, were arrested last Thursday in a raid on a supermarket owned by the Mauritanian in the city of Kano while the fifth suspect was arrested in a separate raid.

A source within the security service was quoted as saying that guns and a laptop, containing al-Qaeda documents, were recovered in the supermarket raid.

Raupach was kidnapped on the outskirts of Kano in January. Al-Qaeda in the Maghreb said last week that it was holding the German while a private news agency in Mauritania said the group wanted to swap him for a jailed Muslim woman.

We killed Boko Haram Commander - JTF

Meanwhile, the Nigerian military Joint Task Force (JTF) has claimed that it has killed a senior commander of the Boko Haram in Maiduguri.

JTF spokesperson, Lt. Col. Sagir Musa made the claim in a statement released in Maiduguri.

He said "Following a tip-off, a special operation was conducted on Tuesday in Maiduguri, which led to the arrest of a notorious commander of Boko Haram who was involved in recent attacks in Maiduguri." The statement added that the Boko Haram top shot "was arrested with his gang members in Jajeri area of the city."

Musa also claimed that the group's commander and his gang attempted to escape shortly as they were being moved to a detention facility for questioning. He said, "Our men had no choice but to shoot them and they bled to death before they were taken to the hospital."
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Kobojunkie: 1:06pm On Jun 03, 2012
We are now in june 2012, and Boko Haram seems to be thriving(more bombings and killings). There are less than 30 days left in the month, is the Government really going to overcome this BokoHaram scourge this month? undecided

[flash]http://cdn.countingdownto.com/c/w.swf?name=bgcolor&eid=81525&width=350&height=240&allowscriptaccess=always&bgcolor=000000[/flash]
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by okosodo: 1:23pm On Jun 03, 2012
Hausa/fulani people are to blame if jonathan fail. However , north should tell their friends to stop bombing christians, because if there is a revenge they should know that their real population is 25%
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by lifestyle1(m): 1:34pm On Jun 03, 2012
wait make June finish first naa. grin
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by preshizeee(m): 1:35pm On Jun 03, 2012
Jonathan plans 2 rename Bokoharam

3 Likes

Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by wysenas(m): 1:39pm On Jun 03, 2012
U know what,since we are not ready to say d truth,we will continue 2 suffer in silence.how do u treat a disease u dont know d cause and symptoms.nobody knows d reason behind BH.mind u this is Nigeria,so dont believe in hear say,there are counter allegations here and there,who are BH membrs and sponsors?if GEJ cant tackle them,then resign becos he is d chief security officer of Nigeria and our lives/properties are entrusted him.Enough of this madness

1 Like

Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Beaf: 1:40pm On Jun 03, 2012
life_style:

wait make June finish first naa. grin

Simple.
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by lifestyle1(m): 1:42pm On Jun 03, 2012
preshizeee: Jonathan plans 2 rename Bokoharam

to what ? undecided
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by lacasa: 1:53pm On Jun 03, 2012
okosodo: Hausa/fulani people are to blame if jonathan fail. However , north should tell their friends to stop bombing christians, because if there is a revenge they should know that their real population is 25%

No be only Hausa/fulani, na Arabs/jews! Mtcheeu!!

Your idiot Jonathan aπϑ his evil party are bahind everything whether U̶̲̥̅̊ choose τ̅o come τ̅o terms with the blatant truth or not, U̶̲̥̅̊ can go blow urself U̶̲̥̅̊p as well.

Shikenan!.
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 03, 2012
GEJ a toothless bulldog indeed! smh!

2 Likes

Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by DaLover(m): 1:56pm On Jun 03, 2012
There have been numerous arrest made in the last few weeks, so much clamp down on the sect..more infiltration by the intelligence agencies, but I guess if you are someone who wants this government to fail, these activities would mean very little to you.
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by PeterKbaba: 1:59pm On Jun 03, 2012
MOST WATCH! THE REAL LEADERS OF BOKO HARAM IN NIGERIA.. COMMENT ON YOUR OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fbXvq_ZIbw

MOST WATCH! THE REAL LEADERS OF BOKO HARAM IN NIGERIA.. COMMENT ON YOUR OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fbXvq_ZIbw
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by lifestyle1(m): 2:02pm On Jun 03, 2012
berem: GEJ a toothless bulldog indeed! smh!

I challenge you to put your fingers in his mouth...
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by AndroBlaze: 2:03pm On Jun 03, 2012
DaLover: There have been numerous arrest made in the last few weeks, so much clamp down on the sect..more infiltration by the intelligence agencies, but I guess if you are someone who wants this government to fail, these activities would mean very little to you.

Yes they mean little to us as long as we keep seeing our brethren offered like burnt offerings while most of our security apparatus is wasted in Lagos trying to keep the Presidents ego intact.
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Pennywise(m): 2:07pm On Jun 03, 2012
GEJ supporters should stop taking offence when they call the man clueless. The fact that we are still having daily bombings in June shows how ignorant he is about the problem that confronts the nation. He is in Abuja playing 'president'.
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by zangiff(m): 2:15pm On Jun 03, 2012
mouthful
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by ebamma(m): 2:16pm On Jun 03, 2012
buhari and el-rufai should call dia boko haram boys to order,or else,we go let them know say license to kill no dey one tribe hand ..o.o
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by otokx(m): 2:20pm On Jun 03, 2012
Government magic
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by 2pmstcharles(m): 2:23pm On Jun 03, 2012
u all shud stop blamin gej for all this evil. Ok, put ursef in his shoe n mape out solution to this maniac befalling us. Beliv me, dis bombing will stop d day all u anti gej, wll stop faultin him cos dats just d responds dis cruless bombers need n dey are getin it 4rm u all.

1 Like

Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 03, 2012
life_style:

I challenge you to put your fingers in his mouth...
and if i do what will happen? bite me? the mumu no get liver na!
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by mumento007: 2:26pm On Jun 03, 2012
2pmstcharles: u all shud stop blamin gej for all this evil. Ok, put ursef in his shoe n mape out solution to this maniac befalling us. Beliv me, dis bombing will stop d day all u anti gej, wll stop faultin him cos dats just d responds dis cruless bombers need n dey are getin it 4rm u all.

that's true
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by stanbug: 2:31pm On Jun 03, 2012
no longtin we re watching
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Biggyd2: 2:33pm On Jun 03, 2012
Yea, yea, I tried explaining the Article to everyone close to me, from the little 2 year old to my grandmother and everyone that cares to hear but they all say that it is IMPOSSIBLE. So Uncle Jona, chew some livernut and PROVE THEM WRONG! for now, they agreed to keep their fingers crossed and see what happens by June 30. lipsrsealed undecided angry
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by merije1010(m): 2:35pm On Jun 03, 2012
Why not nw?
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by lifestyle1(m): 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2012
berem: and if i do what will happen? bite me? the mumu no get liver na!

shocked
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 03, 2012
expect more renamings and other desperate attempts to divert attention from the latest failed vow
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Super1759: 2:39pm On Jun 03, 2012
Buhari,atiku and ibb knws more about all this bombing.walahi talahi
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Kobojunkie: 2:40pm On Jun 03, 2012
Super1759: Buhari,atiku and ibb knws more about all this bombing.walahi talahi
ebamma: buhari and el-rufai should call dia boko haram boys to order,or else,we go let them know say license to kill no dey one tribe hand ..o.o

are they the ones that made you this promise? undecided undecided undecided
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by polokor60(m): 2:53pm On Jun 03, 2012
the GEJ i know right from his days in bayelsa is not a blood thirsty demon,he may be corrupt and weak but he is not behind these cowardy acts.nigerians we should support GEJ on the war against terrorism, don't worry this phase will soon be over and the self acclaimed owners of nigeria will be put to shame.my heart felt condelences to the berieved families,R I P to the dead. sad
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Super1759: 2:57pm On Jun 03, 2012
Kobojunkie:

are they the ones that made you this promise? undecided undecided undecided
its not about the promise but people that are pushing against him.denting his name and causing so many distractions instead of helpn the gov 2 better nigeria.they are simply power-hungry animals. #God is watching them all#
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 03, 2012
21st century and people are still behaving like headless idiots!
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by DaLover(m): 3:02pm On Jun 03, 2012
Andro Blaze:

Yes they mean little to us as long as we keep seeing our brethren offered like burnt offerings while most of our security apparatus is wasted in Lagos trying to keep the Presidents ego intact.

How much security has been deployed in Lagos vis a vis the north east and north west, are you forcing yourself to be ignorant? I don't want to believe you can naturally be that way.
In the first place, where has terrorism on this scale been solved under one year? is it IRA, or Israel, or India or spain? The president with little to work with in terms of a well oiled security outfit is putting in a tough shift and if you cannot commend him or at the least point one areas where is his defaulting in this process is best you shut the fvck up..
To start criticizing him you even have to appreciate what has been done so far..then you can say what could have been done better...instead majority of us deliberately choose to remain aloof to on-goings and find it easier to type garbage.

On a last note does peaceful protest..involve bon fires on major highways, preventing other non protesters from going to work or attending lectures, forcing all motorist to hang leaves on their vehicles etc...
My idea of peaceful protest is people in a corner, marching in circles with placards, chanting slogans etc, or sitting in an open public place...any other activity should attract heavy police clampdown...ldiots

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Father's Day: Governor Umahi & Wife Visit Motherless Babies Home / Osinbajo Visits Ibrahim Bello, The Emir Of Gusau (Photos) / Cross River Confirms Ikepeme As CJ After Rejecting Her Twice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.