Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,932 members, 7,806,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop (98463 Views)

Derailed Train At Iju Station Today (photo) / Crashed Dana Airplane's Manifest / Pictures Of The Crashed Dana Airplane At Iju (agege) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by omalicha2: 5:39pm On Jun 03, 2012
This is really sad
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by dvcasper: 5:39pm On Jun 03, 2012
So sad. May the soul of the departed rest in peace.
I was in a plane on friday 25th of may enroute to calabar and it had to return to lagos due to a problem it developed mid air
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by aljharem(m): 5:40pm On Jun 03, 2012
muhd. T:
The plane crashed around 3:45pm. [size=18pt]This is due to negligence and inability of the airline operators to buy quality and new air plane but rather saving cost with human lives. The same Dana Air was reported with emergency landing on the 11th of may, 2012, and just few weeks after (today) it get crashed,. Did NCAA queried Dana Air for emergency landing on 11th of may, 2012? Did Dana Air make appropriate maintenance and predictive maintenance to their airlines? A lot need to be ask about because we can't continue folding our hands and some folks making millions without saving their customers lives. I was on an Aero airline plane bound lagos to abuja few weeks ago, the plane was shaking and vibrating on its runaway as if we were on lagos - ibadan expressway potholes.[/size] A lot need to be done in the aviation sector rather than wasting billions of naira on few kilometres runaway. May their soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by gbadexy(m): 5:40pm On Jun 03, 2012
itoldu: And not 1 single national channel is showin or talkin about it. Just a subnews.
They are scared not to be shut down like ait during obasanjo`s tenure.
I guess they are scared of gej and his attitude towards media,if not media outlets jump at this kind of news
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Haven12: 5:40pm On Jun 03, 2012
see me when wan me air hostess,Dana? what went wrong?
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by kcemeto(m): 5:41pm On Jun 03, 2012
pls, our security agency should not rule any angle of investigaton out, including wether the PILOT is in BOKO HARAM pay role, RIP for d dead n may God give dere R/tive d 42ude 2 bear d irreplaceable lost. Am out.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by redsun(m): 5:41pm On Jun 03, 2012
A plane is like a fying coffin in the air,especially when it is in the hands of kolo people.

I hate that sh.it. Not oyinbo can impress me with it. I only fly when it is absolutely necessary.

As deadly as nigerian roads are,i will prefer them to flying.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by IFBaby: 5:42pm On Jun 03, 2012
God pls save ur children ooo, and Nigerians in general
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2012
Akainzo:

I used to stay in Agege a while back, in fact, from the balcony of the house, I could see the local airport runways. If the plane crashes at Iju in Agege, then it is on its way to the Airport.

It could however have been flying from Lagos to Abuja, developed a fault and tried going back to the airport before it crashed. But definitely, it was on its way back to the Lagos airport as of the time of the crash

Agreed.
Not sure how the BBC and a number of news agencies got this one wrong.

Lagos: A plane carrying 153 passengers crashed Sunday in a densely populated district of Nigeria's economic capital Lagos, the head of Civil Aviation Authority told AFP, adding he fears none had survived.

"It was a Dana (airline) flight out of (the capital) Abuja to Lagos with about 153 people on board," Harold Demuren said. "I don't believe there are any survivors."

Lagos State police spokesman Joseph Jaiyeoba told AFP the plane went down in the Iju neighbourhood on the mainland of the city where most of the city's population is concentrated.
Source
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Reference(m): 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2012
valacious: Can someone pls confirm location of where the plane is coming from or going to.

To have crashed at Agege it had to be an approach into Lagos so I suppose Abuja was the correct departure. If it was outbound it will come down south of the airport - anywhere from Ishaga up to Ota as it turns north. If going east it will make a left turn over Apapa and flatten out over Lekki as it exits over the Atlantic.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by blackboi(m): 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2012
RIP to the lost soulssad

airbus in a bus-stop??undecided

oluwa gba wa o! Lowo awon asebi (lowo awon muje-muje..)

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by dukila: 5:44pm On Jun 03, 2012
Weather seems perfectly ok. Hope it wasn't boko haram handwork?

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by aljharem(m): 5:44pm On Jun 03, 2012
redsun: A plane is like a fying coffin in the air,especially when it is in the hands of kolo people.

I hate that sh.it. Not oyinbo can impress me with it. I only fly when it is absolutely necessary.

As deadly as nigerian roads are,i will prefer them to flying.

Bros they are both the same, they are both deadly. Those that died just this morning in a road accident in lagos -ibadan expressway killing 25 at the spot would wish the opposite as well.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 03, 2012
divine2043: Of course no Nigerian station would carry it - an indication of how sick the country is. The leaders are busy looting money. The Nigerian roads are death traps. The airspace are no safer. People wanna get richer at all cost, even if it means putting old death traps in the air.

The country is sick and the leaders do not care. The people actually do not care for it as well.

God be with the families.

The bitter truth up there. I only realized how bad naija was after I traveled out of the coutry. Nothing is working. The bad things like vehicle exhaust, gas flaring, bad hospitals, lack of emergency services e.t.c that kills people slowly seems so normal. Life expectancy is very low. Told my pal people reach the age of 70years and above in Nigeria cos of God's grace and we are even taking it for granted. May their soul rest in peace
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by doctokwus: 5:44pm On Jun 03, 2012
itoldu: And not 1 single national channel is showin or talkin about it. Just a subnews.
Was nearly roasted alive 4 saying just few days back that there are no tv stations in nigeria
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by bayulll01(m): 5:44pm On Jun 03, 2012
As a special analyt,the death toll wil be massive here.
Let's start with those victim onboard 153,with at least 4 pilots 3 waitres.back on land the casualties here will be massive bcoz agede is a very densly populated area.and toyin street is a roudy area full with large number of people,we are looking at more than 1500 people meeting their untimely death here,not to talk of properties and valuables that will be destroy,only God can help in this situation,but wherever you are,seek help if you are close to the area and stop taking crazi pix
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 03, 2012
shymmex:

It isn't about the spot, even if the plane is in distress.. The pilot can still control a plane in distress to crash land in a safer place...

Like I said earlier, it's either the pilot was drunk or dead - but I smell foul play..
how about the Concorde plane that crashed into a 5 star hotel as a result of mechanical failure and about the numerous air crashes around the world that happened in populated areas?

I think you should base your conclusions on solid facts whenever you want to make one. Anything could have caused this air crash-for now-. I think for now we should mourn our dead and leave the theories for later, when we would have got more solid facts.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by IamFenriz(m): 5:44pm On Jun 03, 2012
Where is god now?
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 03, 2012
cryptic: while you have made some points, did you intentionally include the bolded part to spark off religious arguments or do you have a Logical, axiomatic proof for your assertion? Well, it is easy to say that your pop's sper.m fertilized our mum's ovum. Dude, keep your opinion to yourself. This is a public forum and you should know better than include such controversial comments in your compositions.

Well controversial to you, but straight forward for me. May be you should also keep your opinion to yourself.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by carlos86: 5:45pm On Jun 03, 2012
shymmex: This is just too sad to take in.. Can't believe I had to shed a tear...

Phuck Nigeria and those useless, and corrupt leaders..

This has foul play written all over it..

You sheeple can believe whatever the phuck you want to believe...

God bless the dead!!!

I'm out!!

Take it easy man.Everyone is depressed.I have lost interest in everything right now.May their souls rest in peace
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Xbox1: 5:46pm On Jun 03, 2012
Reference:

To have crashed at Agege it had to be an approach into Lagos so I suppose Abuja was the correct departure. If it was outbound it will come down south of the airport - anywhere from Ishaga up to Ota as it turns north. If going east it will make a left turn over Apapa and flatten out over Lekki as it exits over the Atlantic.

On point, u spoke like a pilot.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by OK2NV4: 5:46pm On Jun 03, 2012
[size=30pt]BOKOS![/size]
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Lagusta(m): 5:46pm On Jun 03, 2012
Meeeehnm this is pathetic...
I will neva fly in nigeria again, even if na lagos to maiduguri, i go first tak bus go kaduna, sleep over, then go maiduguri.....

Rest in peace. May God give all family nd friends the fortitude to bear the loss....

This country sef..... KAAAAI!!!!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Onyocha: 5:47pm On Jun 03, 2012
i am a regular flier and not once have i used dana air.it is so obvious their planes are very old.these are old planes for God's sake.when i want to fly i take arik.if arik is not possible i take air nigeria or aero.and of late air nigeria is not good.the flight is worrisome.i was in a flight from abuja to lagos on air nigeria and there was heat coming into the cabin close to my feet on the window side.i was scared and i called on an air attendant.and he said there was nothing wrong! shocked

the government should please take action to stop these monsters from flying old planes to risk people's lives.firstly,i hold the ministry of aviation responsible.and then the owners of dana air.any of us could have been in that flight.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by ZUBY77(m): 5:48pm On Jun 03, 2012
Disasters occur anywhere anytime. My condolences to the families involved.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by azimibraun: 5:48pm On Jun 03, 2012
Jst anoda sad song for my dear country.the unilag brohaha takes backstage nw abi? Overtaken by time and event. Am saddened by dis greatly.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by sigba(f): 5:48pm On Jun 03, 2012
This is a true life joke. What went wrong?
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Smoj(m): 5:48pm On Jun 03, 2012
God av mercy ooo, dis is a big disaster. Nigerians! Remember d lost souls in ur prayers 2day.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 03, 2012
monkeyleg: The direction of the flight needs to be confirmed both BBC and Aljazeera say it is Lagos to Abuja
what the f.uck is wrong with you, what has direction got 2 do with the situation on ground. angry
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 03, 2012
oh jesus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Man Rides Bicycle Taller Than A Bus On Lagos Road (pics) / Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own / Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.