Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop (98469 Views)

Derailed Train At Iju Station Today (photo) / Crashed Dana Airplane's Manifest / Pictures Of The Crashed Dana Airplane At Iju (agege) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by toluxa1(m): 5:56pm On Jun 03, 2012
shymmex:

Maybe, you should look at how this Dana airplane crashed again.. The plane took a dive - meaning it dived straight from the sky....

Did you see this?
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Akainzo(m): 5:56pm On Jun 03, 2012
shymmex:

That's a different scenario.. The plane was flying low due to distress, and the pilot was trying to crash land in a safer place... The 5star hotel in question is taller than the buildings in this particular scenario...

Maybe, you should look at how this Dana airplane crashed again.. The plane took a dive - meaning it dived straight from the sky....

If the plane traveled from Abuja to Lagos, why can't the pilot crash land in one of the open fields before getting to a densely populated area?

Like I said earlier, it's either the pilot was either drunk or dead - but I smell foul play, period..

Dude, where are you getting all these details from? No one has reported that the plane dived to the ground, if it did, there would have been a clear crater on the ground.

And BTW, the Concorde plane was not trying to crash land in any safer place, the pilot lost control and the plane came down in its elliptical path once the fire had burned the hydraulics that the pilot could have used to manage some control.

Until investigations are completed, one wouldn't know what caused the crash. I however understand you opinion on possible foul play.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Biggyd2: 5:57pm On Jun 03, 2012
bayulll01: As a special analyt,the death toll wil be massive here.
Let's start with those victim onboard 153,with at least 4 pilots 3 waitres.back on land the casualties here will be massive bcoz agede is a very densly populated area.and toyin street is a roudy area full with large number of people,we are looking at more than 1500 people meeting their untimely death here,not to talk of properties and valuables that will be destroy,only God can help in this situation,but wherever you are,seek help if you are close to the area and stop taking crazi pix

I can imagine! The picture of the little girl (lying supposedly dead on the ground in one of the pictures) seemed not to have anything to do with the the aircraft. People in their houses this sunday are also amongst dead. How will the people left behind(both in the aircraft and on ground have any closure if nothing is done to get to the root of this matter?)
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 03, 2012
Who is the minister of aviation anyway?
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by codded007: 5:57pm On Jun 03, 2012
freshmoney: Tragedy upon tragedy. May the soul of the departed rest in peace. Lack of appropriate maintenance, inexperienced engineers, non-challant attitude of staffs and the owners of the airline- only the mass suffer this! Nigerian airline owners do it for their own selfish interest and self-aggrandisement, and this aim and idea runs through the politicians, airline staff down to the airline errand boys! I pity Nigeria- a country where life expectancy is infinitesimal. I would prefer living from hand to mouth in western countries than being oppulent in Nigeria where I know my life and my family's won't be secured a bit.
dat's a true talk man!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 03, 2012
hunkyjohn: https://www.nairaland.com/884093/security-breach-may-lead-domestic

Every sane person already knows that..

I knew from afar.. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know it was a security breach and foul play.

Smh for Nigeria.
Do TV stations actually exist in the West African nation called Nigeria? Is it possible for up to date information about events happening in Nigeria to come from Nigeria, preferably from a TV station? People need to know what is happening. It is bad enough to let innocent people die, sadder to fold arms and not disseminate info on demand.

An indictment of Nigerian information system - stone aged.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 03, 2012
Went to church came ds morning gt bk 2 hear abt d Bauchi bomb blast frm momcy, skipped communion service ds afternoon for Nigeria's match n after d first half it ws Breaking news Dana airline jst crashed at IJU, abt 153 people feared dead. What a Black sunday
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by marvel10: 5:58pm On Jun 03, 2012
Well, males can travel by road with fear of armed robbers, accidents etc. For females, since Ogun State Police do SFA, the armed robbers seem to have so much time to rape the females. I would rather travel by air, even with the uncertainties. The planes have been bad for as long as I remember.
I am saddened to read readers comment about how bad their travels by Dana have been. You saw the post of the chap who reported a body in the gutter and the gusto he kept until the body was cleared. Nigerians NEVER complain. If someone even posted here on NL, I believe lives may have been saved. We have to stop keeping mum about everything. I blame the new Pentecostal Christianity attitude for the 'God will judge' complacent ways on nearly everything in that country. If you complain, they will say ah, this is Nigeria.
The confusing thing is, they run to the spot and are more proactive than the police, security, NEMA, journalists etc Which is why I want to know why they have no time to send an email to customer services.

3 Likes

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Reference(m): 5:59pm On Jun 03, 2012
I suppose its too early to have the manifest public yet. Guess the NoK will be contacted first. Can anyone snoop NCAA for us please.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 03, 2012
Akainzo:
Dude, where are you getting all these details from? No one has reported that the plane dived to the ground, if it did, there would have been a clear crater on the ground.

And BTW, the Concorde plane was not trying to crash land in any safer place, the pilot lost control and the plane came down in its elliptical path once the fire had burned the hydraulics that the pilot could have used to manage some control.

Until investigations are completed, one wouldn't know what caused the crash. I however understand you opinion on possible foul play.

Have you seen the pictures of the plane in question?

Check the pictures, and come back with a reasonable reply.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by freshmoney(m): 5:59pm On Jun 03, 2012
vulpeslopez: Nothing has been GOOD about Nigeria's LUCK since last year... Can his term just finish already?... God, we need You here!!

What do you say again? You need God in Nigeria? Well, he has departed Nigeria long long time ago! A country full of corrupt,shady, snobbish, pretentious people. You know why Nigeria is full of bad news. It is simple- CORRUPTION!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 03, 2012
Wallie: Just lost a brother!

Are you serious?
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by ayox2003: 6:00pm On Jun 03, 2012

Oh My God!!!!
Take heart Bro.
May His Soul Rest In Peace.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Ivynwa(f): 6:01pm On Jun 03, 2012
sollygirl: NCAA has confirmed that there were no survivors in the Dana plane crash

Jesus Christ!
I can't even see any station to watch it in
CNN are busy showing me some monarchy persons enjoying themselves in the water doing jubilee. I don't need to watch fr*aking that! Mtcheeeeeeeeeew

153 persons! that is massive and some damn persons are busy bombing churches too?
Why are they frustrating an already frustrated Nigerians, where do they want them to run to? What more can one say? 153 brothers and sisters of some persons. Heartbroken families, widows, fatherless and motherless children. It's massive.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 03, 2012
freshmoney:

What do you say again? You need God in Nigeria? Well, he has departed Nigeria long long time ago! A country full of corrupt,shady, snobbish, pretentious people. You know why Nigeria is full of bad news. It is simple- CORRUPTION!!!!!!!!!!!

Gbam !!!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by POTUT(m): 6:01pm On Jun 03, 2012
deshclones: so sad...

The dumb NCAA guys should as a matter of urgency and national interest suspend the license of AIR NIGERIA.......those dudes are using the crappiest and unsafest plane in the history of airline business.was on their flight to abuja and we all had our heart in our mouth..the ride was something else...there was no passenger including the cabin crew guys that did not pray to God that day.....its by the grace of God that they are still surviving....a word is enough for the wise embarassed embarassed embarassed

Heard from an aviation operations insider in Lagos yesterday evening that Air Nigeria planes were grounded over salary payment issues. The pilots staged a walk out because salaries have not been coming as at when due since Jimoh Ibrahim took over.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by fashrola(m): 6:02pm On Jun 03, 2012
greenhope: I saw it on youtube

U say? On Youtube? The crash?
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Rhino5dm: 6:02pm On Jun 03, 2012
Where did you get the bold from? There is a full documentry of that accident on national geographic channel, I suggest you watch it.

Do you know that there is a live footage of that aircraft accident on youtube?. A guy filmed the incident. The jet caught fire shortly after taking off, running over a metal piece on the runway which led to the destruction of fuel storage system.

shymmex:

That's a different scenario.. The plane was flying low due to distress, and the pilot was trying to crash land in a safer place... The 5star hotel in question is taller than the buildings in this particular scenario...

If the plane traveled from Abuja to Lagos, why can't the pilot crash land in one of the open fields before getting to a densely populated area?

Like I said earlier, it's either the pilot was either drunk or dead - but I smell foul play, period..
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by sammily(m): 6:02pm On Jun 03, 2012
This is really a dark Sunday, I could recall that the Ikeja bomb blast incident was also on a Sunday. This is just sad. My heart goes out to the ppl who have been affected by this terrible tragedy.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by agiboma(f): 6:02pm On Jun 03, 2012
Mzsolex: what the f.uck is wrong with you, what has direction got 2 do with the situation on ground. angry

has a lot to do with it if you are trying to locate loved one's i was working a flight on sept. 11 as the planes where crashing into the building my family was incredibly worried about me until the news started to report the names of the airlines and the routes the lanes where travelling.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by akanezek: 6:02pm On Jun 03, 2012
Oh God help nigeria from tralala cos thousand of lives are going everyday.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Reference(m): 6:02pm On Jun 03, 2012

Wow, so sorry.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by redsun(m): 6:03pm On Jun 03, 2012
alj harem:

Bros they are both the same, they are both deadly. Those that died just this morning in a road accident in lagos -ibadan expressway killing 25 at the spot would wish the opposite as well.

No where to run to man in a country where the leaders are one eyed. But then,i will still prefer road,because the chances of escaping are more likely than an aircraft,especially if one can maintain the barest minimum speed.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by ak47mann(m): 6:03pm On Jun 03, 2012
This is very bad.RIP..................
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 03, 2012
This is the concorde crash again:

The Air France aircraft crashed in flames into the Hotelissimo hotel in the town of Gonesse north of the capital, two minutes after taking-off from Charles de Gaulle airport.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/851209.stm

The plane crashed 2mins after take off, meaning the take off wasn't smooth because four of the engines were on fire - and the pilot was trying to crash land before bumping into the hotel..

The Dana plane flew all the way from Abuja, only to crash into a densely populated area.. Does that make sense to you?
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Akainzo(m): 6:03pm On Jun 03, 2012
shymmex:

Have you seen the pictures of the plane in question?

Check the pictures, and come back with a reasonable reply.

Yep I have, the tail section is in its perfect horizontal position. That is not the position it would be in if the plane had dived into the ground.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 03, 2012
God i am speechless.

This is just plain terrible. Is Nigeria cursed or what? Why always there?

May the souls of the dead rest in peace.

Just too sad.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by UGOCHUKWU3: 6:03pm On Jun 03, 2012
just saw on the television that the plane hit an electric pole while landing.God have mercy
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Ideasroole: 6:04pm On Jun 03, 2012
It is well with NIGERIA

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply)

Man Rides Bicycle Taller Than A Bus On Lagos Road (pics) / Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own / Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.