Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop (98473 Views)

Derailed Train At Iju Station Today (photo) / Crashed Dana Airplane's Manifest / Pictures Of The Crashed Dana Airplane At Iju (agege) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by pendo89(f): 6:04pm On Jun 03, 2012
Wallie: Just lost a brother!

OMG.This is so so sad. My condolences to you and many others who have lost loved ones. sad

May they rip but something ought to be done really.The pics are not eye friendly at all.

Pole
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 03, 2012
I imagine wht will be happening in d deceases' families rite now....always be gud in everything u do in life cos no1 knws his last day on earth will be

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 03, 2012
The incident would be swept under the carpet trust me. No one would lose their jobs and there would be no lessons learnt. Business as usual and it would be labelled 'an act of God'. The best thing Nigerians are good at when they want to be irresponsible. Even the president would link the incident to God.

3 Likes

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Brite02(m): 6:05pm On Jun 03, 2012
what a loss God help us
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by toluxa1(m): 6:05pm On Jun 03, 2012
shymmex:

Have you seen the pictures of the plane in question?

Check the pictures, and come back with a reasonable reply.

Maybe you should post the pictures you are talking about here, cos I have not seen any pic showing the plan diving or whatever.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by LaParisienne(f): 6:05pm On Jun 03, 2012
I can't imagine how tough this must be for you, please accept my sympathy.

@Topic
This is indeed a very very sad day.

My prayer goes to the bereaved families, may God give them grace to bear the loss. Amen
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 03, 2012
redsun:

No where to run to man in a country where the leaders are one eyed. But then,i will still prefer road,because the chances of escaping are more likely than an aircraft,especially if one can maintain the barest minimum speed.

Lol, anybody Wein go die go die. Let's just be careful and be prayerful. Nigeria is doomed.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Sijo01(f): 6:07pm On Jun 03, 2012
Wat da hell stop doz pipo snaping wit deir phone's frm bringin a bucket of water, conncting hoose frm deir bole-hole to savage d situation?
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 03, 2012
Akainzo:

Yep I have, the tail section is in its perfect horizontal position. That is not the position it would be in if the plane had dived into the ground.

This is the picture again:

^^How come there is nothing wrong with the tail??
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Akainzo(m): 6:07pm On Jun 03, 2012
shymmex: This is the concorde crash again:

The plane crashed 2mins after take off, meaning the take off wasn't smooth because four of the engines were on fire - and the pilot was trying to crash land before bumping into the hotel..

The Dana plane flew all the way from Abuja, only to crash into a densely populated area.. Does that make sense to you?

My guy, stop this altogether. If the plane crashes 2 minutes after take off, where, how and in which time would the pilot have to start looking for where to crash land? Please go to National Geographic to watch the documentary and then you'd know better.

Let's wait for the investigations to be concluded before making all this far fetched insinuations. It dishonors the dead actually. sad
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Orikinla(m): 6:08pm On Jun 03, 2012
OVER 158 LIVES LOST?
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by reagand200(m): 6:08pm On Jun 03, 2012
This is the Time to mourn and not to pass buck.

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by ayox2003: 6:08pm On Jun 03, 2012
UGOCHUKWU3: just saw on the television that the plane hit an electric pole while landing.God have mercy

What station??
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by freshmoney(m): 6:08pm On Jun 03, 2012
cryptic:

Lol, anybody Wein go die go die. Let's just be careful and be prayerful. Nigeria is doomed.

Prayerful? To who? Careful is reckoned! Prayerful? You'd better be looking left and right when walking or driving in Nigeria. That country is sure HELL!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 03, 2012
The lesson we should learn from this tragedy is that we can't get away from Nigeria's problem. Bad governance is a plague, it effects spread like a virus.

Imagine a Country with no safety record, No working fire Ambulance, no working rescue team, etc.... The list is endless.

Plane crash do happen in the Oyinbo Land but you would be surprise how swift the response will be... Did you see that aftermath picture, Woman lying in pool of blood, sitting?

I wonder how long it will take for her to get help, after having survived the ordeal. She might even not survive after bleeding for several hours coupled with infection.

Is modernization too complex for us all, that we can't bloody run this country, or are we just plain stupid?

Nothing works in my country because of corruption, but aren't we intelligent enough to figure out that we all lose out collectively if we are corrupt?

May their souls Rest IN Peace.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by ballabriggs: 6:08pm On Jun 03, 2012
RIP to all. My thoughts with the families of the dead.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 03, 2012
From all indications and inquiries it seems this is a security breach, Another way of Boko haram bombing and covering up.
How i wish a full scale investigation will be carried out without sentiments.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by kasperone8: 6:09pm On Jun 03, 2012
bennyraz: My cousin entered dis dana air last month frm abuja to lagos and he complained bitterly. He said d lady dat sat next to him kept on pleading d blood of jesus all through and most passengers were praying all sort of prayers. He said he was fed up and he gave it up that he was going to die last month by plane crash. He said in mid air, d plane wud shake vigorously and attimes it wud look asceive it's going down and it will come up again.. He said it was always jerking.. Kai. RIP to the passengers on board amd God punish the airlines that risk our lives everyday.

Bros eeee,I fly dana regularly and from my experience,most of the flights are ok.That a plane shakes vigorously could be a result of turbulence.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by tunnex190: 6:09pm On Jun 03, 2012
It is so saddened!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by dbamiroyahoocom(m): 6:09pm On Jun 03, 2012
All.

I would like you to ponder and ask yourself this - When last did a plane crash during the week in Nigeria?

The last time a plane crashed during the week was 1979. There have been 2 other crashes in Nigeria which involved small light planes - a helicopter and a Cesna plane. The Cesna took off on a training flight in Kaduna and crashed. Apart from these, no other planes have crashed during the week. Atleast NO commercial airline has crashed during the week in Nigeria.

I have said these over and over again and people seem to think I am talking rubbish. I am calling for an investigation into WHY it is only weekends!!

Could it be that there are services that are not available to Airplanes during the weekend that are available during the week?

Concerning this crash, I am almost sure it was a hydraulic failure. At that height, distance from runway, I am sure the tyres were all ready out, it had lined up for approach and it would have already gone into the 2 level flaps!
At that stage, the only thing that would typically cause this kind of crash without any maneuvers from the pilot would have been hydraulic failure! Engine failures would typically not result in this type of crash!

I am not a pilot and probably talking from my experience with flying more than 4 times a week at times.

Its sad but this is a call to investigate this analysis I am making.

Why always on WEEKENDS? Why

Today's weather was fine. Visibility would have been fine. traffic would have been ok being a sunday. Clearance to land would have been given. At that stage of the flight, if the engines were typically to fail, it would have failed on take off!

I only wonder about what could have happened. I am so so sad!

I fly a lot and I know I am not better or more favoured than anyone that was on that flight. It just so happened I was not flying today! It could have been ANYONE!

I pray this will make us sit up and be more serious!

Else, once again, we are just statistics in Nigeria! Just statistics!

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 03, 2012
BBC REPORTS, What is the distance of ikeja airport to iju -ishaga? just less than 15 mins, but it will take them almost 3 hours to reach there cos all the agencies personell were in one party or the other through out yesterday and no one to respond to emergencies today. oga o. AFTER SMALL NOW, YOU WILL HEAR WORDS LIKE- WE ARE ONTOP OF THE SITUATIONS, OUR MEN RESPONDED QUICKLY BUT...BLA BLA BLA,..GOD HELP NAIJA

Passenger plane 'crashes into building in Lagos'

Nigeria profile

A passenger plane has crashed into a building in Nigeria's main city of Lagos, officials say.

Witnesses told Reuters news agency they saw the Dana Air plane strike the two-storey building and burst into flames.

At least 162 people were thought to be on board, but the head of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority said he doubted any could have survived.

The crash took place in a neighbourhood just outside the airport in overcast weather, reports said.

Federal emergency personnel were said to be on their way to the scene

There were conflicting reports as to whether the flight was arriving in Lagos from the Nigerian capital, Abuja, or was leaving Lagos bound for Abuja when the crash happened.

Nigeria, like many African countries, has a poor air safety record, though some efforts have been made to improve it since a spate of airline disasters in 2005.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 03, 2012
Reference:

Man, it is important. There's one phone outstanding that isn't going. But I'm not assuming anything just yet. It can be embarassing you know.
yeah am sorry bro, I understand!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Biggyd2: 6:11pm On Jun 03, 2012

My the Comforter console you and your family. Take heart.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by freshmoney(m): 6:11pm On Jun 03, 2012
dbamiro@yahoo.com:
All.

I would like you to ponder and ask yourself this - When last did a plane crash during the week in Nigeria?

The last time a plane crashed during the week was 1979. There have been 2 other crashes in Nigeria which involved small light planes - a helicopter and a Cesna plane. The Cesna took off on a training flight in Kaduna and crashed. Apart from these, no other planes have crashed during the week. Atleast NO commercial airline has crashed during the week in Nigeria.

I have said these over and over again and people seem to think I am talking rubbish. I am calling for an investigation into WHY it is only weekends!!

Could it be that there are services that are not available to Airplanes during the weekend that are available during the week?

Concerning this crash, I am almost sure it was a hydraulic failure. At that height, distance from runway, I am sure the tyres were all ready out, it had lined up for approach and it would have already gone into the 2 level flaps!
At that stage, the only thing that would typically cause this kind of crash without any maneuvers from the pilot would have been hydraulic failure! Engine failures would typically not result in this type of crash!

I am not a pilot and probably talking from my experience with flying more than 4 times a week at times.

Its sad but this is a call to investigate this analysis I am making.

Why always on WEEKENDS? Why

Today's weather was fine. Visibility would have been fine. traffic would have been ok being a sunday. Clearance to land would have been given. At that stage of the flight, if the engines were typically to fail, it would have failed on take off!

I only wonder about what could have happened. I am so so sad!

I fly a lot and I know I am not better or more favoured than anyone that was on that flight. It just so happened I was not flying today! It could have been ANYONE!

I pray this will make us sit up and be more serious!

Else, once again, we are just statistics in Nigeria! Just statistics!

Could you please get rid of this arrant myth!!! It's simply corruption!!!!!!!!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 03, 2012
Akainzo:
My guy, stop this altogether. If the plane crashes 2 minutes after take off, where, how and in which time would the pilot have to start looking for where to crash land? Please go to National Geographic to watch the documentary and then you'd know better.

Let's wait for the investigations to be concluded before making all this far fetched insinuations. It dishonors the dead actually. sad

What are you on about? The pilot took off, four engines were on fire, and he was trying to crash land the plane safely...

If he had no control, the plane would have crashed straight away..

Maybe, you should read more about aviation, and stop chatting air on what you have no clue about..
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Fynist(m): 6:12pm On Jun 03, 2012
I live near this Area at Dopemu Agege.currently am at the crash site.As am typing this message am quiet shaken.the fatalities are way beyond the 153 REPORTED BY THE mEDIA.ithe crash site is a very ,very densely popuated area.debris from the crashed Aircraft caused the most damage as plane parts are over a wide Area.That plane was coming from Abj.its a Sad day my people.and its sorrow,tears and Blood on here
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by redsun(m): 6:13pm On Jun 03, 2012
cryptic:

The prayerfulness is just responsibilities. If people must stay alive,they have to make it possible to a great extent.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by trisurface: 6:13pm On Jun 03, 2012
Its Sad.
Good People.
Conjecture is the last thing we need now.
Till we get solid info,lets avoid inflaming things.
We have Problems. But they are not insurmountable. Within us on NL, there are solutions to Nigeria's Problems.
In these times of Adversity, Pls let us Develop Wings, Not Crutches.
God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by mitchella1: 6:13pm On Jun 03, 2012
Dear Nigerians, i am saddened today, not alone by the sad plane crash that happened today which is not least by a long shot, but i am saddened by the government we have an ineffective government if ever there was one, this is an age where we have a government that has raped us in daylight and in full view of the whole world, Nigerians i believe that in order to regain your dignity, you cannot go down without a fight, many Nigerians have lost their lives at the hands of this repressive and clueless government, instead of addressing the boko haram issue, they will rather spend billions on independence day celebrations that flop, instead of addressing the issues of aviation, they are changing names of universities. Nigerians, died in the sosoliso crash, a repeat has happened today, rescuers where not on deck. all the legislature has done within that period is to legislate against gay rights... indeed clueless... Nigerians, if you do not start taking action today, the great Nigeria you speak of will only just be that, a page in a mirage... Mitchell.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply)

Man Rides Bicycle Taller Than A Bus On Lagos Road (pics) / Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own / Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.