Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government (19090 Views)

U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja / Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan / List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by naylove(m): 4:41pm On Jun 04, 2012
When it comes to d nigeria and her matters.all i can say is
THE BEAUTYFUL ONES ARE NOT YET BORN
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by auwal87(m): 4:41pm On Jun 04, 2012
Yes, Nigerians are the problem!
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by lacasa: 4:44pm On Jun 04, 2012
Αv U̶̲̥̅̊ ever seen a system working without a good cpu?

Αv U̶̲̥̅̊ ever seen a car operate very well with a bad brain box?

Αv U̶̲̥̅̊ ever seen a good team perform wt a bad Coach?

Pls! 4geet all dis b.s topics.

Nigerians are the body, the government is the brain!!

so​ tell M̶̲̥̅ε̲, ?? With a bad brain, how will the body operate well
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2012
tevinsolt:

no one said sitting down behind the computer is wrong, i said sitting down behind your computer and arguing back and forth, besides how has the arguing on nairaland helped Nigeria, instead of making awareness with the internet you guys argue all day, insult each other on here......learn to read fully and not selectively pls

Again, there is absolutely nothing wrong with sitting behind a computer. A person sitting behind a computer, arguing with you, could easily send off an email to his rep, engage other online groups involved in one project or another, or help motivate the right people to go out there and stand up for their rights.

Again, there are so many things that have been accomplished by people who sit behind their computers, engaging others on one issue or another or knocking heads to figure out if there is a way forward. If you had been here during the last election, you would have gotten a bit of an example of what people, sitting behind computers, some thousands of miles away from the center of it all, could accomplish.

Stop trying to take offense with the wrong people. Some claimed some years ago that the diaspora were the ones responsible for holding Nigeria back. The reason given by some of these empty shells was that the diaspora owned their lives to Nigeria, and needed to all move back to Nigeira for some weird reason. The suggestion was that nothing else they did could amount to much, if it was not done right there in Nigeria.

We need to stop blaming the wrong people. It is those who have the votes and the right to cast them for the best candidate, but continue to refuse to, that are the problem. Those who sell their votes for one inane reason or another are the ones you should focus your anger at.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by luckgames(m): 4:47pm On Jun 04, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Sitting down behind a computer changes quite a lot of things. I say this as someone whose career, and education demands he spend about 99% of my time behind a career. I so hate when folks like you try to badmouth those who sit behind computers, as if we are not the ones who created much of the world you know of today. If not for online tools, media,forums, online news channels, twits etc, do you think the recent Egyptian revolution, or that of Libya would have recorded as much success as it has today? Do you think Syrians would have gotten the UN to even bat an eye over their problems?

If you need to talk-down to people, do not talk-down to those who sit behind their computers and do what they know to do. Go to those who have the votes and refuse to use it for their own good.

Sorry
Egyptian chicken out
The president took the fall
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 04, 2012
This is my first post on Nairaland I have been viewing as a guest for too long. I believe that I have a Godgiven mission to bring many of Nairaland's godless users to full obedience to the will of Christ fufilling the mandate of making disciples of all nations, even a cybernation. Surely the knowledge of the Glory of God shall cover Nairaland as the waters cover the sea. God bless you all!
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by drzed: 4:48pm On Jun 04, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Corrupt people makes corrupt government

The government can never be corrupt if her people are not corrupt

THIS IS THE BREAKDOWN

We Nigerians consent to get our pocket picked and we elected the best person to do it.

I don`t know what you expect from a rogue after collected a bag of rice,biscuit and 5 yards of ankara.

Oyinbogoju, I agree 100% with your summary of the problem and also with the OP.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by olyivy(f): 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Sitting down behind a computer changes quite a lot of things. I say this as someone whose career, and education demands he spend about 99% of my time behind a career. I so hate when folks like you try to badmouth those who sit behind computers, as if we are not the ones who created much of the world you know of today. If not for online tools, media,forums, online news channels, twits etc, do you think the recent Egyptian revolution, or that of Libya would have recorded as much success as it has today? Do you think Syrians would have gotten the UN to even bat an eye over their problems?

If you need to talk-down to people, do not talk-down to those who sit behind their computers and do what they know to do. Go to those who have the votes and refuse to use it for their own good.
What have you done with your computer to change the situation lately apart from arguing with everything and everyone on nairaland.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by luckgames(m): 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2012
Imohgenius: This is my first post on Nairaland I have been viewing as a guest for too long. I believe that I have a Godgiven mission to bring many of Nairaland's godless users to full obedience to the will of Christ fufilling the mandate of making disciples of all nations, even a cybernation. Surely the knowledge of the Glory of God shall cover Nairaland as the waters cover the sea. God bless you all!

Help us pray for good government
Stop the greed of we Nigerians
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Abujafood: 4:50pm On Jun 04, 2012
A revolution is hard to implement in Nigeria because the people themselves are anti-revolution! Try and do the right thing and see how Nigerians will turn against you!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Kobojunkie: 4:50pm On Jun 04, 2012
olyivy:
What have you done with your computer to change the situation lately apart from arguing with everything and everyone on nairaland.

Do I owe you anything? undecided
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by iykak47: 4:53pm On Jun 04, 2012
ballabriggs: To think citizens wake up and start obeying laws is the height of poo. They are guided by leaders. There are enough social theories to buttress this point. There are enough country cases to prove this. The state moves the process of social engineering. This is the type of clap-trap Reno Omokri aka Beaf and Metuh want to feed the people, "It is not GEJ's fault, let the people look at themselves first", "the problem started before him". Yet he takes the credit for a Naval canoe started before him. ANIMALS!!!
Your post does not make sense, is your brain on a reverse position?
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Arosa(m): 4:54pm On Jun 04, 2012
iykak47: Your post does not make sense, is your brain on a reverse position?

Do you think you are making sense? Ballabriggs is on point here.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by olyivy(f): 4:55pm On Jun 04, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Do I owe you anything? undecided
Not at all, I only tot you will be willing and ready to defend your claim.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Kobojunkie: 4:59pm On Jun 04, 2012
olyivy: Not at all, I only tot you will be willing and ready to defend your claim.

I don't have to defend my claim or anything I do to you.

For a minute there, I thought you were somehow implying that I owed you an answer of some sort.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by olyivy(f): 5:02pm On Jun 04, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I don't have to defend my claim or anything I do to you.

For a minute there, I thought you were somehow implying that I owed you an answer of some sort.
No no not really. Lets leave it at that.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by lonelypal(m): 5:04pm On Jun 04, 2012
...And the bottomline of this whole debate : NIGERIANS BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE lipsrsealed NUF SAID

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Arosa(m): 5:11pm On Jun 04, 2012
lonelypal: ...And the bottomline of this whole debate : NIGERIANS BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE lipsrsealed NUF SAID

How do you think this change will happen, do a community or country change by itself without any form of leadership?
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by shawndhabi: 5:13pm On Jun 04, 2012
Billboard collapses on 3rd mainland bridge at Ebuta Metta Axis

Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by iykak47: 5:15pm On Jun 04, 2012
Arosa:

Do you think you are making sense? Ballabriggs is on point here.
If is that what you call sense, i sympathize with you.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by greenhope(m): 5:19pm On Jun 04, 2012
The problem of Nigeria is Education because with proper education we can socialize better through understanding our environment, its comparative advantage and how to harness it to its optimum use.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by OYINBOGOJU(m): 5:20pm On Jun 04, 2012
drzed:

Oyinbogoju, I agree 100% with your summary of the problem and also with the OP. Can I also recommend a blog article (title: The Power of I) for those who are interested in pursuing this subject matter of leadership vs. followership: http://lowhangingfruits..co.uk/2011/01/power-of-i.html

Only the truth,that is all i know

That is how i was born.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Arosa(m): 5:21pm On Jun 04, 2012
iykak47: If is that what you call sense, i sympathize with you.
I think you should sympathize for yourself, by the way what is your contribution to this topic?
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by OluBendel: 5:26pm On Jun 04, 2012
In trying to be scientific in analysing the problem with Nigeria, We all know that the first step to solving any problem is to properly identify and define the problem, which i believe we the youths have not shown much interest in.
Personally i continue to insists that our problems is neither clearly that of the government nor the citizenry per se; I see it as more of a "conspiracy of the elites" Big Men" in Nigeria language.both within and outside the government. the citizens and government are mere tools in ensuring their survival and greed.
languages as who do you know? who are you in nigeria? where does your father come from? are all pointers to it all.
No society on earth is corrupt free, but the difference is that there are checks and laws in place and enforced to see it is minimised. When you know that if you steal you will be caught and sent to jail,definitely you will not. but in Nigeria only the poor and defensless go to jail. how many politicians are presently in any jail in any part of Nigeria today? search deeply and find out why they are never convicted for crimes,talk more of being sent to Jail...Dog dont eat dogs.Simple!
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Kobojunkie: 5:32pm On Jun 04, 2012
Dissect it whichever way you choose, but at the core is the fact that this is now a Democracy, and in a Democracy, if there is a problem it is with the leaders, and who are the leaders in a Democracy? THE PEOPLE!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Arosa(m): 5:38pm On Jun 04, 2012
Kobojunkie: Dissect it whichever way you choose, but at the core is the fact that this is now a Democracy, and in a Democracy, if there is a problem it is with the leaders, and who are the leaders in a Democracy? THE PEOPLE!!

Kobo, I see you are adding to the confusion here. you need to see the picture from a different perspective.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by GboyegaD(m): 5:59pm On Jun 04, 2012
We are the major cause of our problems although government also has its hands. You have rightly stated it that we apply sentiments to everything we do and to make matters worse, we are often times deceitful even to ourselves because when we know the truth, we try to pretend as though it is not.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Totoplayer20: 6:04pm On Jun 04, 2012
By expressing my view that Nigerians are Fearful you ban my Id
You can’t censor my opinion, we living in a free world
So Moderator go Bleep yourself, I am done
Are you a front for the Nigerian government?
There is nothing to fear but fear itself
You are the Judge and jury
I am very piss
Put what I wrote out there for people to make that judgement
You can kiss my black A??
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by damilola15: 6:20pm On Jun 04, 2012
One of the highlights of the weekend for me was watching "Law and order in Lagos" by BBCs Louis Theroux. I know the presentation is a tip of the iceburg but for me it was an affirmation that we are complicit in the situation of this country.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by ak47mann(m): 6:42pm On Jun 04, 2012
Jonathan crying for the dana victims

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Inaugurates Water Project In Otuoke, Bayelsa / Ozubulu Killing: Osinbajo's Delegate Led By Ngige Visit Catholic Church In Nnewi / Police Arrest 51 As ‘jewish Worshippers’ Protest In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.