Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents (13486 Views)

Dana Crash: Insurers Pay N373m To 79 Relatives / Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry / Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 04, 2012
IF help had come early, the over140 persons, who died in the Dana commercial air plane crash at Iju, Lagos, yesterday might have saved, residents have said.
According to them, the aircraft did not explode immediately it crashed. It exploded after about20 minutes.
An eyewitness said the incident happened between 3pm and 4pm.
Narrating how the crash happened, an eyewitness, who claimed anonymity noted that the aircraft was seen swinging before it eventually landed ona newly constructed storey building.
‘’I was here with my wife and other people when we saw the plane moving around in random directions. Initially wewere confused, but when it was getting usually close to the rooftop of the houses around, we stood up and traced were it eventually landed,’’ he noted.
Continuing, the eyewitness said, ‘’When we go to the scene, we saw the plane on the building and it did not explode upon landing. The only fire from the aircraft was from the cockpit which was not much. It was only ten of us that first got to the scene. That little fire would have been quenchable if there was immediate emergency responsefrom fire fighters. Wewere even using sachets of pure water to put off the fire before we heard loud explosion after 20 minutes.’’
It was further gathered that the absence of emergency responsefrom concerned authorities, promptedone of the eyewitnesses at the scene to call the Chairperson of Local the Government, whoinformed the Lagos State Government.
‘’When we discovered that emergency rescue service was not on sight, my wife had to call the chairperson of the local government, who informed Fashola’s people. It was that call that altered the authorities. But if therescue service had arrived on time, theywould have been saved because therewas no fire when theplane landed on the buildings. The pilot ofthe aircraft was verybrave because we noticed it from the way the aircraft was swinging before it crashed,’’ another eye said.
What could have turned into another tragedy, occurred when the men of the Nigerian Army started dispersing sympathisers at the scene when they arrived. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/delayed-rescue-operation-wasted-lives-residents/
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by inspirenet: 12:36pm On Jun 04, 2012
Painful
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by dan55: 12:38pm On Jun 04, 2012

1 Like

Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by toyemz(f): 12:43pm On Jun 04, 2012
@poster
what about the people(residents) who just stood taking pictures and those who just 'looked on' with the intent to loot?
what happened to the spirit of being thy brother's keeper?
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by decode55(m): 12:43pm On Jun 04, 2012
inspirenet: Painful
VERY Painful... May their souls rest in perfect peace. Amen
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by afrobaby(f): 12:47pm On Jun 04, 2012
20 minutes, why didnt the pilot open d door or even window for passengers to jump out since it was already on a building, why didnt the residents of the building run, oh my God, what a country we are
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by Coolturbo(m): 12:53pm On Jun 04, 2012
I don't belive this story. If the planed was on ground for 20mins before it exploded,what happned to the emergency exits in the aircraft, and some ppl were saying that heard pple shouting "help,help" from the aircraft. Planes are airtight,which no sound could be heard from it. It's just sad. May their souls rest in peace.

3 Likes

Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 04, 2012
This is a senseless eyewitness report.

How can they say they were using satchet water to put out fire from an airplane?

Where in the world does this happen?

1 Like

Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by Ilaje44(m): 12:54pm On Jun 04, 2012
salakobaba: IF help had come early, the over140 persons, who died in the Dana commercial air plane crash at Iju, Lagos, yesterday might have saved, residents have said.
According to them, the aircraft did not explode immediately it crashed. It exploded after about20 minutes.
An eyewitness said the incident happened between 3pm and 4pm.
Narrating how the crash happened, an eyewitness, who claimed anonymity noted that the aircraft was seen swinging before it eventually landed ona newly constructed storey building.
‘’I was here with my wife and other people when we saw the plane moving around in random directions. Initially wewere confused, but when it was getting usually close to the rooftop of the houses around, we stood up and traced were it eventually landed,’’ he noted.
Continuing, the eyewitness said, ‘’When we go to the scene, we saw the plane on the building and it did not explode upon landing. The only fire from the aircraft was from the cockpit which was not much. It was only ten of us that first got to the scene. That little fire would have been quenchable if there was immediate emergency responsefrom fire fighters. Wewere even using sachets of pure water to put off the fire before we heard loud explosion after 20 minutes.’’
It was further gathered that the absence of emergency responsefrom concerned authorities, promptedone of the eyewitnesses at the scene to call the Chairperson of Local the Government, whoinformed the Lagos State Government.
‘’When we discovered that emergency rescue service was not on sight, my wife had to call the chairperson of the local government, who informed Fashola’s people. It was that call that altered the authorities. But if therescue service had arrived on time, theywould have been saved because therewas no fire when theplane landed on the buildings. The pilot ofthe aircraft was verybrave because we noticed it from the way the aircraft was swinging before it crashed,’’ another eye said.
What could have turned into another tragedy, occurred when the men of the Nigerian Army started dispersing sympathisers at the scene when they arrived. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/delayed-rescue-operation-wasted-lives-residents/

I think it is about time NIGERIANS start using their sense. Ahahaaa! Does this story appear logical? Haa, wahala Naijiriya sese bere! No sense, no break, no jam... jorojarajoro.

afrobaby: 20 minutes, why didnt the pilot open d door or even window for passengers to jump out since it was already on a building, why didnt the residents of the building run, oh my God, what a country we are

Hear yourself, does it make sense to you?

2 Likes

Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by Xbox1: 12:56pm On Jun 04, 2012
afrobaby: 20 minutes, why didnt the pilot open d door or even window for passengers to jump out since it was already on a building, why didnt the residents of the building run, oh my God, what a country we are

U are the must funny person i have seen today, pilot that must have been in coma or died from impart that u are expecting to open door that is cracked on impart, and please airplane windows are not meant to be open, and another, what do u think that might have happen to people is they have tried to go closer to the plane after before explosion?... DEAD

1 Like

Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by damilola15: 12:57pm On Jun 04, 2012
Because the plane didn't explode immediately does not mean people were still alive.
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by Kx: 12:58pm On Jun 04, 2012
afrobaby: 20 minutes, why didnt the pilot open d door or even window for passengers to jump out since it was already on a building,

The pilot could nt have auto opened the windows when the plane was on the roof because by then the plane might have lost some or all it automatic controls so to speak. The surest way for passengers to escape would have been through manual procedures by opening the emergency exit but in the shock that greeted the sudden crash, would anybody have even remembered emergency exits? no way
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by otumfour(m): 1:00pm On Jun 04, 2012
salakobaba:
‘’When we discovered that emergency rescue service was not on sight, my wife had to call the chairperson of the local government, who informed Fashola’s people.

May their souls rest in peace cry cry

instead of fashola putting up a better emergency response team, he goes around making claims/bluffing abt how lagos has built more roads than Ghana and Sierra Leone and then some toothless nigerians begin to sing halleluja to his song angry.........20 painful minutes cry imagine that, so painful.
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by damilola15: 1:01pm On Jun 04, 2012
BTW I don't trust there eye witnesses anymore. Another said it exploded 10 seconds after.
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by Xbox1: 1:01pm On Jun 04, 2012
Kx:

The pilot could nt have auto opened the windows when the plane was on the roof because by then the plane might have lost some or all it automatic controls so to speak. The surest way for passengers to escape would have been through manual procedures by opening the emergency exit but in the shock that greeted the sudden crash, would anybody have even remembered emergency exits? no way

Please u guys should stop disgracing urself here, airplane windows are not meant to be openned, u cant open them...... jeezzzz
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by afrobaby(f): 1:07pm On Jun 04, 2012
X_box:

U are the must funny person i have seen today, pilot that must have been in coma or died from impart that u are expecting to open door that is cracked on impart, and please airplane window are not meant to be open, and another, what do u think that might have happen to people is they have tried to go closer to the plane after before explosion?... DEAD

I guess u just read my response without reading the initial post, do read the initial post first and then read mine before responding. Also, windows are not meant to be opened doesnt mean it can't be opened,

(Reason people open windows in airplane) Improved visibility might be helpful in case of an emergency. Specifically, the occupants must be able to see outside to assess if it is safe to open the emergency exits. This is especially important in emergencies that involve water landings (if an exit is below the water line) or in cases of an external fire, where the act of opening an exit will expose the occupants to the fire.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_safety_reason_that_airplane_windows_have_to_be_open_during_take_off_and_landing#ixzz1wpEb3aFj

Abeg, get information and dont just respond without reading between lines, it isnt funny
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by remele2(f): 1:09pm On Jun 04, 2012
@ afrobaby,,,,,,,,do u think with ur head or does ur goat/dog do the thinking while u do the posting?
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by ebamma(m): 1:10pm On Jun 04, 2012
who wants to walk into the valley of death?
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by Ejovwoke(m): 1:10pm On Jun 04, 2012
God have mercy
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by cindybrown(f): 1:10pm On Jun 04, 2012
dis is so so so sad.
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by afrobaby(f): 1:11pm On Jun 04, 2012
Ilaje44: Hear yourself, does it make sense to you?

Abegi, read well before responding, and I hate people quoting what I write, someone made a post that sounded unreal, I replied, and now u come highlighting my posts and asking if it makes sense to me, please, read well before responding and always respond like educated people abeg
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by afrobaby(f): 1:15pm On Jun 04, 2012
remele2: @ afrobaby,,,,,,,,do u think with ur head or does ur goat/dog do the thinking while u do the posting?

Going through ur previous posts, i can see u are still new here and just looking for ways to get attention and increase ur number of posts, It is just a pity that common sense is not common, if not, why wud a da.ft person like you be allowed to get registered on this platform in the first place, don't u people know how to talk on public forum, i wonder the kind of manners u have
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by eprynce(m): 1:17pm On Jun 04, 2012
My people die for lack of knowledge...this is what our society has turned into...It's such a shame! shocked
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by sigba(f): 1:22pm On Jun 04, 2012
Talking like a kid, dont u know that the occupants had already fainted even before the plane crashed. All of them may even be unconcious not knowing where they landed or how much time they had to exit. Fear kills faster than anything.
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by remele2(f): 1:23pm On Jun 04, 2012

Lwkmd
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by sigba(f): 1:26pm On Jun 04, 2012
Ilaje44:
Hear yourself, does it make sense to you?
Lol, she thinks it's Molue.gringrin
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by velo10: 1:27pm On Jun 04, 2012
A usual Nigerian scenario. The situation was preventable and so many lives could have been saved but......
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by scribble: 1:28pm On Jun 04, 2012
toyemz: @poster
what about the people(residents) who just stood taking pictures and those who just 'looked on' with the intent to loot?

Brothers keeper. Near Aviation fuel and fire. Nigerians are supposed to be suicidal

Please sharrap! Even superman for look well 1st.

1 Like

Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by Xbox1: 1:30pm On Jun 04, 2012
afrobaby:

I guess u just read my response without reading the initial post, do read the initial post first and then read mine before responding. Also, windows are not meant to be opened doesnt mean it can't be opened,

(Reason people open windows in airplane) Improved visibility might be helpful in case of an emergency. Specifically, the occupants must be able to see outside to assess if it is safe to open the emergency exits. This is especially important in emergencies that involve water landings (if an exit is below the water line) or in cases of an external fire, where the act of opening an exit will expose the occupants to the fire.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_safety_reason_that_airplane_windows_have_to_be_open_during_take_off_and_landing#ixzz1wpEb3aFj

Abeg, get information and dont just respond without reading between lines, it isnt funny

My guy u are really showing that u know nothing, am a pilot, airplane window cant be openned, you can only open the sunshader that is built buy the side of the window and not the window, stop sounding dumb
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by worldman(m): 1:31pm On Jun 04, 2012
my brother u think plain is like a car or house that the pilot wil open the window
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by afrobaby(f): 1:33pm On Jun 04, 2012
Kx:

From the post of the op, he said the pilot was very brave, so I was thinking, as brave as he is, could he not havefound a way of opening the door, either by automatic or by manual, besides what are emergency exits meant for , fashion or what? The op said the plane was dia for 20 minutes, , why I responded the way I did was because I felt the eye witness account is being manipulated to make it sound good except if there is something they aint tellin us
X_box:

Please u guys should stop disgracing urself here, airplane windows are not meant to be openned, u cant open them...... jeezzzz

Abeg, forget abt all dis u are writing and read well jor,
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by niddamugu(m): 1:37pm On Jun 04, 2012
toyemz: @poster

Besides the eye-witness accounts, this was the most painful part of the whole incidence - Smart Phones in the hands of Dumb People. Rather than help they were busy taking pictures to do what? Only God knows.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NG Eagle Begins Flight Operations With Leased Aircraft / Equatorial Guinea (bata An Malabo) Pictures / Libya Returnee Dad Consulted Ifa, Herbalists, Pastors So She Won't Enter Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.