Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

40 And Bedwetting - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 40 And Bedwetting (15500 Views)

No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... / Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children / Most Men Between 40 And 70 Will Suffer From Erectile Dysfunction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 And Bedwetting by overloved(m): 8:32pm On Jul 05, 2012
omeske: grin he shd b wearing pampers.Period

its better not to comment at all, than exhibiting your foolishness and lack of concern. if na your papa or you the thing affect, you go wear pampers? like say you no get your own problem, hermaphrodite!!

@op

as other's as rightly suggest,, there are things you can do by yourself and with prayer too, God will see you through. don't drink much liquid from 6pm, and wake up like 2hrs interval to wee,

God will see you through

1 Like

Re: 40 And Bedwetting by bebe2(f): 10:32pm On Jul 05, 2012
everything na spiritual for dat country, haba!

i beg go seek medical help it cud be a weak bladder, the bladder starts to leak if a little pressure is put on it. e.g urine.
it cud also be a neurological or sensory problem, the bladder doesnt send msg to the brain to say am getting full.
10% prayer just for hope.
90% medical.
good luck

1 Like

Re: 40 And Bedwetting by ACM10: 10:35pm On Jul 05, 2012
bebe2: everything na spiritual for dat country, haba!

i beg go seek medical help it cud be a weak bladder, the bladder starts to leak if a little pressure is put on it. e.g urine.
it cud also be a neurological or sensory problem, the bladder doesnt send msg to the brain to say am getting full.
90% medical.
good luck

Thank you. Sometimes I feel embarrassed by the quality of posters on NL
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by Clemzy16(m): 12:01am On Jul 06, 2012
He should go to SCOAN.. He needs payers from T. B joshua..
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by ddandan: 12:53am On Jul 06, 2012
bebe2: everything na spiritual for dat country, haba!

90% medical.
good luck
If u think so,why not peein in his pant while awake?
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by Ruq: 1:34am On Jul 06, 2012
[quote author=Spirit of Okija]

THats it!!

I cant take this anymore... There are just darn too many of them and just one of me...

This guy you just killed me with that GIF Pic grin ;DD grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@op i think prayer it should be ;
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by NNBB2012: 2:02am On Jul 06, 2012
This is an anomaly. He needs Jesus, the greatest Physician. Let him run to Jesus today, first of all, for the salvation of his soul and then cast his burden to Him. He shall testify in Jesus name.
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by onila(f): 3:16am On Jul 06, 2012
Kakability: At 40 i dont tink prayer could cuz is now part of him. That dude should jus buy pampers dat will last for a whole night.
grin
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by 3rdparty: 4:17am On Jul 06, 2012
He should wear adult pampers.
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by Burrito(f): 4:24am On Jul 06, 2012
MOBBDEEP: @ All, I'm so sorry for seeing the thread/topic late.
It's too bad the Docs in the house have been obviously too busy to attend to him.
@OP, I'm deeply moved for your friend because that issue is a real highly embarrassing psychosocial condition.
It seemed as if he's exhibiting what we call REGRESSION.
I got some questions for him :
*When did it start?
*Is there any pattern or periodicity to the misnomer?
*Can he share what his dreams are like?
*In day-time, is he able to hold urine even when he feels the urge to void?
*Does he find himself leaking some urine when he tenses/raises the intra-abdominopelvic pressure ( carrying heavy weight, farting, cheery laughter, etc ) ?
*Has he been screened for Diabetes ?
*How frequent does he urinate during the day or when awake?
*Is he passing through a major stressful condition e.g owing a huge debt, fearing someone is after his life?
*How was his toilet training skills when young?, Who trained him? & how early was he able to achieve the toilet-skills?
*If if started bedwetting from Pre-School & Toddler age, did they use to abuse/deride or ridicule him with his younger siblings etc

There are too many questions to be asked.
Try to see a Psychiatrist.
Meanwhile, you can take this drug provided you are not up to 45&above in age nor are you having any form of Cardiac / Heart disease ( Longstanding Hypertension inclusive ) :
Tab Imipramine 75mg 6pm daily for 1 month.
Then take a chart of the number of occurrences.
NB : This drug may cause Delayed Ejaculation, Hypersomnia (Too much Sleep ), Anorgasmia ( Dysphoric Orgasm ), Dry mouth, tongue & buccal mucosa etc
Let me know how you feel.
Still see a Shrink.

If you are not a quack, you are sure acting like one. How can you come and be prescribing a Tricyclic antidepressant just like that A drug that is NOT over the counter becomes a drug over Nairaland If you are a doctor, you know this is absolutely wrong. So instead of displaying knowledge, do the right thing and refer him to PHYSICALLY see a doctor, instead of prescribing medicine to him over the internet.
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by Burrito(f): 4:31am On Jul 06, 2012
ACM10:

Too bad for you. Prescription by correspondence amount to quackery. You are no better than village patent medicine dealer who masquerades as a doctor

I didn't even see your response before. I fear the guy o!!! shocked
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by israelbenzion: 6:41am On Jul 06, 2012
I had a neighbour who bed-wet into her 20s. When she was taken for treatment, it was stated that her bladder was too weak to hold urine for long. That's why once urine gathers in considerable volume in her bladder, d urge is for the bladder to release it as fast as possible.
She was given drugs and that was d end of d story. All of u asking for prayers and fasting are making the problem look spiritual wen it is purely physical.
He shd just meet a doctor let them check his bladder control level and offer medication. Simple!
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 06, 2012
That is definately spirutual, there is nothing prayer can solve
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by klaus3011(m): 10:12am On Jul 06, 2012
take him to PASTOR SIGN FIREMAN'S CHURCH grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by Tascocent(m): 11:12am On Jul 06, 2012
Tell him tu fry cockroach chop........i think dat will help.
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by umarloko(m): 11:20am On Jul 06, 2012
Tascocent: Tell him tu fry cockroach chop........i think dat will help.
#shikenan grin grin
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by Krucifax(m): 1:20pm On Jul 06, 2012
gzib:

@seyenke, what your friend is going through is not new in this world. My advice to him is this
Tell him to limit his' water intake and no water at all from 6pm, including all liquid like beer and fruit drink or mineral.
try not to go to bed before 10pm and he must empty his' bladder thoroughly before going to bed.
Set an alarm to wake him up at 1am and 4am to pee even when he is not pressed.
if he stays alone, let him go to bed naked. If he tries to pee in bed the pee will feel as if somebody is pouring water on him and he will surely get up. unlike when he is wearing clothes that will feel warm and soothing.

Let him continue like this for a minimum of 30 days and it will be a habit that he will break.

ABOVE ALL, LET HIM PRAY WELL AFTER DOING ALL THESE, COS JUST LIKE SOME SUGGESTED, SOMEBODY MAY BE AFTER HIM SPIRITUALLY AND YOU NEED THE BLOOD OF JESUS TO OVERCOME ALL THE FIERY DARTS OF THE DEVIL.

Sound advice,humorous line grin grin grin grin
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by swiftycool(m): 1:54pm On Jul 06, 2012
israel ben-zion:
I had a neighbour who bed-wet into her 20s. When she was taken for treatment, it was stated that her bladder was too weak to hold urine for long. That's why once urine gathers in considerable volume in her bladder, d urge is for the bladder to release it as fast as possible.
She was given drugs and that was d end of d story.

Uuuuh does she have a small bladder too shocked women with small bladders are HoTTT. grin
(Hank main charcter Carlifornication season 2)
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by MOBBDEEP: 2:12pm On Jul 06, 2012
Burrito:

If you are not a quack, you are sure acting like one. How can you come and be prescribing a Tricyclic antidepressant just like that A drug that is NOT over the counter becomes a drug over Nairaland If you are a doctor, you know this is absolutely wrong. So instead of displaying knowledge, do the right thing and refer him to PHYSICALLY see a doctor, instead of prescribing medicine to him over the internet.
ACM10:

Too bad for you. Prescription by correspondence amount to quackery. You are no better than village patent medicine dealer who masquerades as a doctor

* For 1, I stand to be corrected, I remembered telling him 1st to see a shrink.
* It is a well known fact that this is one of the few cases under-reported cases, because of extreme shame & loss of self-esteem, where a sufferer will only consult trusted friend or hearsays which almost doesn't work & is sometimes harmful.
Citing that it is TCA, as if it is more harmful or lethal than AcetylSalicylate/PCM/Castor oil is what suprised me.
This is one of the few cases where the controversial maxim ' Morals/ethics is not always beneficial/constructive ' hold.
Thanks
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by ACM10: 3:19pm On Jul 06, 2012
MOBBDEEP:

* It is a well known fact that this is one of the few cases under-reported cases, because of extreme shame & loss of self-esteem, where a sufferer will only consult trusted friend or hearsays which almost doesn't work & is sometimes harmful.
Citing that it is TCA, as if it is more harmful or lethal than AcetylSalicylate/PCM/Castor oil is what suprised me.
This is one of the few cases where the controversial maxim ' Morals/ethics is not always beneficial/constructive ' hold.
Thanks

There is no justification to prescribe a drug to any patient whom you've not examined, even if it is vitamin C. Patient's information can be misleading most times. Thereby necessitating doctor-patient interaction before treatment can be commenced. Prescription based on the information here alone is the worst form of malpractice u can ever commit in the profession. No one can defend your actions if the long arm of law close in on u.
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by Burrito(f): 3:26pm On Jul 06, 2012
MOBBDEEP:

Thanks

Are you for real about trying to justify your actions shocked Okay let's go there:
1. Have you heard of serotonin syndrome? Do you know what other drugs the guy might be on?
2. I bet you know about the side effects of withdrawing TCA treatment abruptly - you are setting up the guy for that obviously, by prescribing a 1 month treatment without taper.

I could go on and on...

What is wrong is wrong. Please do not try to justify HARMFUL medical behaviour.
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by MOBBDEEP: 7:16pm On Jul 06, 2012
ACM10:

There is no justification to prescribe a drug to any patient whom you've not examined, even if it is vitamin C. Patient's information can be misleading most times. Thereby necessitating doctor-patient interaction before treatment can be commenced. Prescription based on the information here alone is the worst form of malpractice u can ever commit in the profession. No one can defend your actions if the long arm of law close in on u.
Burrito:

Are you for real about trying to justify your actions shocked Okay let's go there:
1. Have you heard of serotonin syndrome? Do you know what other drugs the guy might be on?
2. I bet you know about the side effects of withdrawing TCA treatment abruptly - you are setting up the guy for that obviously, by prescribing a 1 month treatment without taper.

I could go on and on...

What is wrong is wrong. Please do not try to justify HARMFUL medical behaviour.

Please, do not start making war at me. I'm self-righteous enough to know that what I did was wrong.
There are times that wrongs can be done to right some situations.
But I do know one thing, it is easy for us to start citing Law of Ethics & Morality when we are not the ones at receiving end nor when we've not suffered the illness. I know what it feels like to bed-wet in its entirety.
After all, you do not expect him to get the drugs except there is a sharp practice or he still sees a doc.
Despite giving it good consideration & being sure I didn't act out of impulsiveness nor out of sheer arrogant display of ignorance all in the name of knowledge as Burito claimed, I accept I did wrong & I wish I could takeout the post.
I just wanted to help a burdened mind.
Thanks
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by Burrito(f): 7:54pm On Jul 06, 2012
MOBBDEEP:
Please, do not start making war at me. I'm self-righteous enough to know that what I did was wrong.
But I do know one thing, it is easy for us to start citing Law of Ethics & Morality when we are not the ones at receiving end nor when we've not suffered the illness. I know what it feels like to bed-wet in its entirety.
After all, you do not expect him to get the drugs except there is a sharp practice or he still sees a doc.
Despite giving it good consideration & being sure I didn't act out of impulsiveness nor out of sheer arrogant display of ignorance all in the name of knowledge as Burito claimed, I accept I did wrong & I wish I could takeout the post.
Thanks

*Stretches hand for a peace handshake*
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by ACM10: 7:59pm On Jul 06, 2012
MOBBDEEP:
Thanks

I'm proud of you for admitting your mistake. You'll go far in this profession if u continue like this. Cheers cool
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by mercurie(f): 9:46pm On Jul 06, 2012
Pls it seems everybody is laughing over dis,dose doing dat should stop pls. My advice is dis, lyk dey said In my church during a lecture, its an abnormality at adulthood 2 bedwet and d remedy is a psychiatrist. Dey special in dis very well. It may sound funny but its 4 real. Let him take dis measure
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by Beautymc(f): 10:39pm On Jul 06, 2012
VDike: a bedwetter @ 40 is a bedwetter foreva. walahi : P
U bi mumu
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by Beautymc(f): 10:41pm On Jul 06, 2012
Adult Pampers
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by MOBBDEEP: 12:48am On Jul 07, 2012
Burrito:

*Stretches hand for a peace handshake*
* Handshake accepted in total humility & civility *
ACM10:

I'm proud of you for admitting your mistake. You'll go far in this profession if u continue like this. Cheers cool

I have to appraise my non-conformist outlook of damning norms & traditions, especially to achieve results.
Your criticism, which I esteemedly appreciate, sure served in opening my eyes wider.
Thanks

I'm subscribing to the posts & topics of both of you if you will permit me.
Re: 40 And Bedwetting by Nobody: 2:20am On Jul 07, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please What Is The Best Method Of Cleaning The Vagina After Urinating? / COVID-19: Lagos Enlists 600 Patients For Chloroquine Clinical Trials / WHO Announces Funding To Roll-out For First-ever Malaria Vaccine In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.