Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Nollywood Movies Awards (NMA) - Nominees & Winners - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood Movies Awards (NMA) - Nominees & Winners (13348 Views)

Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / Primetime Emmys Awards 2013: Categories, Nominees & Winners / AMAA 2012 Nominees & Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood Movies Awards (NMA) - Nominees & Winners by Delafruita(m): 7:59am On Jun 06, 2012
speedyboi:

The movies here are Hollywood standard, trust me.... Not like those movies produced by hustlers who call themselves producers....
Just that, you will never see these movies in nigerian markets cos of the fear of pirates.....you only get to watch them at the cinemas or you wait for like 3 years to see them on CDs....infact, while waiting you must be vigilant so as not to miss it (cos obviously you are not the only one waiting)

There are really nice nigerian movies, you just have to check the right places wink
which hollywood are we considering here?the same one that churns out top class,$300million-budget movies?there's only one hollywood.all those low budget crap comes mainly from outside of LA and are usually done by independent producers.at best,this nigerian movies are south african standard but hollywood isnt comparable
Re: Nollywood Movies Awards (NMA) - Nominees & Winners by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 06, 2012
~Bluetooth:

No wonder Africamagic refused to sign on ibo channel. . . tongue

lool ala roro like you cheesy, why do we need just one ibo channel when we own 4 of the channels...channel 114, 115, 145 and 128 cool
Re: Nollywood Movies Awards (NMA) - Nominees & Winners by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 06, 2012
Frostyzone: Never realised that Ibos also performed in their native language till now. Yoruba speaking movies are more prominent, I wonder why...?
ayobase:
Cos they have hard core story lines and not those predictable love stories!

Sahaatarp which hard core story yoruba movies have, or rather JUJU packed-witch flying- abraka-dabra-Movies. Mr forestzone its because we are not noise makers and you dont live in IBO city cool
Re: Nollywood Movies Awards (NMA) - Nominees & Winners by Sesan2: 12:27pm On Jun 06, 2012
afam4eva:
Igbo movies started it all in the early 90s until 99% of the producers of Igbo movies switched over to the English movie industry.

Yoruba movies have been around since the sixties, perhaps earlier. They did Cine movies and started home movies. They also had travelling theatres, magazines (e.g ATOKA)etc etc. They had everything before things were named Nollywood.
Re: Nollywood Movies Awards (NMA) - Nominees & Winners by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2012
Delafruita:
which hollywood are we considering here?the same one that churns out top class,$300million-budget movies?there's only one hollywood.all those low budget crap comes mainly from outside of LA and are usually done by independent producers.at best,this nigerian movies are south african standard but hollywood isnt comparable

Hmmmmm.....inferiority complex!.....sorry dear, don't take it personal
Re: Nollywood Movies Awards (NMA) - Nominees & Winners by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 06, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Sahaatarp which hard core story yoruba movies have, or rather JUJU packed-witch flying- abraka-dabra-Movies. Mr forestzone its because we are not noise makers and you dont live in IBO city cool

My dear, check out the producers and writers of those movies up there. Most of Them are non igbos... Infact 'tango with me' that bagged the highest amount of awards was Written, produced and directed by a yoruba.... Infact the recent movie making waves (phone swap) was produced by a yoruba(Daniel Ademinokan - the spelling might be wrong, I'm not sure)

The fact is most yoruba producers make quality works (including video and audio quality) ...I have always wondered why they don't produce English movies, a friend I asked once told me; it is because they don't want to be a rival. Now that we can see them in English movies realm, nollywood(English section) is now taking a different turn for good.
Except for Christopher Ozoemena and few others, all other igbo producers are only there to make their money and they don't care the effect it leaves in terms of quality.(I preferably refer to them as hustlers)

@Chessboard, Incase you don't know, English nollywood movies can no longer be referred to as ibo movies cos other tribes are now involved like it should have been. Nollywood English movies should be intertribal not one tribe Thing, and each tribe should still produce its own indigenous movies.
Re: Nollywood Movies Awards (NMA) - Nominees & Winners by Nobody: 2:27am On Jun 10, 2012
Sorry, I was wrong-Just got to find out that the producer of phone swap is kunle Afolayan not Daniel Ademinokan. Sorry for misleading you at first

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Become An Actress / Your Favourite Love Scenes In Movies? / Which Site Can I Download Nollywood Movies From...?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.