Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,759 members, 7,806,077 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie (32065 Views)

Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane / Pictures Of Dana Air Crash Victims / Survivor Of Dana Plane Crash!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by vilively: 4:57am On Jun 06, 2012
Jiah011:

Planes are not built as helicopters where one can just jump out. So parachutes and such items wouldn't work. And generally to do such things, one needs training on how to do so properly. Think of the children and babies on the flights, even the elderly. Parachutes and jumping would not be an option for them. There are many safety concerns with parachutes too. Even the safety equipment on board commercial planes are generally for crash landing over water. With an experienced pilot, a crash landing over water can be done without loss of life, given the type of problem the plane is having and such a landing is possible. However, over land, crash landing is often a tragedy, simply because of the harshness of impact.

My heart is hurting for those that lost their lives. What hurts so much is that there were warnings that this plane was bad and shouldn't have flown out. These lives could have been saved. But seeing as how bad the aviation industry is in Nigeria and from other accounts, its a wonder that there are no accidents daily. May God help us out of our habitual stupor and show us the way forward. If anything, so that these who perished would not have died in vain.

But I always wondered when. U board a plane b4 it takes off,there is procedure the crew on board guide the passengers thru on safety exits, life jackets and all.is it that those that made planes only expected the planes to land in water in cases of accidents....there has to be some kind of reform made to the world avaition industry..if there is something like that
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by Nobody: 4:58am On Jun 06, 2012
reading this post makes me shed more tears.its really painful honestly. i cant just imagine a family of 7(the anyene's) wiped away just like dat! their kids coming to their fatherland for the first time! gosh! cant stop the tears from flowing..........
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by vilively: 5:03am On Jun 06, 2012
jmaine:

I also mused about your post as well . . .imagining the scenario when it Started dropping from that height to where the struggle of the plane became visible to Iju inhabitants . . .Am sure some people died before the actual crash cos of shock and fear . . . . cry

Hey!I lost a friend on the plane....I still try to picture what he felt.was he trying to be a man for the young lady sitting beside him or the little child crying beside him.Was he scared to death...did he cry?the thot never goes away. We will get thru this.And the souls lost wiLl rest in peace.Amen
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by logica(m): 5:14am On Jun 06, 2012
In better climes, all those involved one way or the other in the crash and those who witnessed it will be going through psychological post-trauma therapy.
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by VolvoS60(m): 5:14am On Jun 06, 2012
gossips:

Thank you for the response but I heard it for the second time today from my younger sis whose friend works with the Hazard Control Unit of the airport.

Infact, my younger sis just finished her time wf same unit few weeks ago and I can tell you that this rumour made more sense when it got to me from a reliable source.

The same thought did cross my mind...
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by sunjetg: 5:52am On Jun 06, 2012
And all some people could do at accident scene was to capture the inferno in pictures and video...Some even posed and snapped holding the wreckage to have them shown on their BB.Shame to anybody that is guilty of this...big shame!!!!!!!
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by Nobody: 6:07am On Jun 06, 2012
enupdates: ...i just can't get the thought out of my mind. Its so sad.
At that moment when you feel it within yourself that death is inevitable, you will be be seized by a short and sharp fear then an unatural calm will settle upon you and you will see the whole of your life flash by in an instant.In sharp detail.

I have been there before and that was how I felt, only that I did not die. This experience may be different from that of other people, but I tell you I can never forget it.

1 Like

Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by hollandis(f): 6:12am On Jun 06, 2012
What a useless story!we are tslking avout the hard fact on ground,you are here writing prose.Have u no sympathy?
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by Ivynwa(f): 6:26am On Jun 06, 2012
virtuoso01:
At that moment when you feel it within yourself that death is inevitable, you will be be seized by a short and sharp fear then an unatural calm will settle upon you and you will see the whole of your life flash by in an instant.In sharp detail.

I have been there before and that was how I felt, only that I did not die. This experience may be different from that of other people, but I tell you I can never forget it.

I nearly wanted to ask whether you have died before until I read that you have been thru such near-death experience. What can I say---hugs to you! Nobody deserves to be dealt such cruel hand at that moment of transition.
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by logica(m): 6:35am On Jun 06, 2012
bandiejay: 2min after that they all notice a fluid started dropping like rain and they sensed that the pilot discharged the fuel because he knew it was going to crash and that could blow up a whole community and after the fluid stopped they felt the vibration on the ground and that was the end.
Again, this is a pointer to hydraulic problem. The pilot has no control to discharge fuel from the plane. The fluid was more likely to be leaking hydraulic fluid. Once the fluid started leaking, the pilot lost control of the airplane.
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by fubbyy(m): 6:56am On Jun 06, 2012
Reference: Thought it will contain useful information about the last moments of the flight that could help establish the cause but like typical Nigerian reportage, short on substance, long on tales. Rubbish.

Some people don't just have a common sense, an eye witness said what he saw and you are here saying bullshit,
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by bayulll01(m): 7:04am On Jun 06, 2012
logica: In better climes, all those involved one way or the other in the crash and those who witnessed it will be going through psychological post-trauma therapy.
you funny gan sha,are u a nigerian?i guess you are not,we live in barabaric and undisputed world of creetins cald our leaders,therapy lmao
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by bayulll01(m): 7:12am On Jun 06, 2012
logica: Again, this is a pointer to hydraulic problem. The pilot has no control to discharge fuel from the plane. The fluid was more likely to be leaking hydraulic fluid. Once the fluid started leaking, the pilot lost control of the airplane.
u are ryt on this one,the pilot has no control to discharg the fuel,except he seek help inside the plane since he knew he's gona crash anyway
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by dowjones(m): 7:34am On Jun 06, 2012
Soo_cool: The fire fighters ran outta water?
Has there been subsidy removal on water too?

fire fighters in the U.S run out of water too. its less than 11,000 litres...
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by freecocoa(f): 7:39am On Jun 06, 2012
hollandis: What a useless story!we are tslking avout the hard fact on ground,you are here writing prose.Have u no sympathy?
Have you no sense?

Was he not sympathetic enough?you people are just plain mad,what nonsense.
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by adeprinze(m): 7:40am On Jun 06, 2012
@Laila Ikeji or whatever ur name sounds; you complained that fire fighters arrived 40 mins after, was it late in our ever busy Lagos traffic? were they omnipresent? to me that was on time, am impressed, what were ur expectations? you guys will alwaz run our agencies down, i guess to much american movies that house start burning 2 seconds u see fire fighter, don't be deceived dear. and for all you complaining they ran out of water, so what? if fire too much water no go finish? na from river them connect their hose? mhen una funny sha.

2 Likes

Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by Livinusc(m): 8:02am On Jun 06, 2012
So sad and horrible,may God forgive dem all their sins nd accept their souls in his bossom..Amen
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by Jean2(m): 8:08am On Jun 06, 2012
Very sad and heart wrenching.

If you see death staring you in the face, please make peace with God for life in eternity. Ask God for mercy, ask Him to forgive you of your sin, acknowledge you can not save yourself - no, not by your good works - believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that you accept Jesus Christ as your saviour.

1 Like

Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by Revolva(m): 8:11am On Jun 06, 2012
Well that's good sha such a horrible scene its a pity it landed in a building but oga poster tell us if the plane exploded or just crash landed in to the building with its mouth stuck into the ground
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by freecocoa(f): 8:11am On Jun 06, 2012
Jean!:
Very sad and heart wrenching.

If you see death staring you in the face, please make peace with God for life in eternity. Ask God for mercy, ask Him to forgive you of your sin, acknowledge you can not save yourself - no, not by your good works - believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that you accept Jesus Christ as your saviour.
And people are to do the above only"of you see death staring you in the face"?
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by freecocoa(f): 8:15am On Jun 06, 2012
Revolva: Well that's good sha such a horrible scene its a pity it landed in a building but oga poster tell us if the plane exploded or just crash landed in to the building with its mouth stuck into the ground
Seriously? Did you even read what the OP posted? Walai this thread has made me believe the massive failure recorded annually by the WAEC and NECO bodies are nothing short of the truth about people's performances.

1 Like

Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by Jean2(m): 8:17am On Jun 06, 2012
freecocoa: And people are to do the above only"of you see death staring you in the face"?

Not only then freecocoa. A reality dawns on man when he sees imminent death.
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 06, 2012
hrhobi1:

NIGERIANS MUST COMPLAIN SHA

Exactly my thoughts! If Nairaland were to be a country, d level of chaos will be worse than we are experiencing in Nigeria now. Some people's manner and level of reasoning just leaves more to be imagined. And most often too, they ignorantly "ko eyin si ibi ti aiye k'oju si." May God help us.
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by gbadexy(m): 8:43am On Jun 06, 2012
BoboYekini: this 'eyewitness' report does nothing for us. Instead of trying to write prose, the guy might have calmed down, dug into his memory and given us hard facts. This is nothing.
There is no satisfying people like you.
Did the man tell you he is a professional writer or journalist? He narrated it the way he saw it and people like you are still complaing.
I`m sure you will always criticize other people`s effort while not making any attempt if you were in their shoes.
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by mecussey(m): 9:07am On Jun 06, 2012
logica: Incorrect.
haha, but logical i better pass Victor Ikpeba na and remember ( all planes ) is one and its singular
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by Chrismayor(m): 9:11am On Jun 06, 2012
Dis is unbelivable. Dis eye witness report were was she when everything was happening dat plane dat crash is not an ordinary crash maybe bokoharam has attach something dat crashes plane. Or de pilot is among de boko haram sucide bomber dat is why all does things happened plane doesn't crash like dat. May dere souls rest in peace Amen
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by bayulll01(m): 9:18am On Jun 06, 2012
Viewing this topic: Ekwy
Omalicha, phtomay(m), Reyginus
(m), bayulll01, andyanders,
Ezemarcel, temi777, davidzfarm
(m), Gogetta, IFBaby, baloafo,
dele55, Jean!(m), Aseye(m),
XFive, EnnyP, Yuossi david,
reality02, inyass123, crusufixo
(m), miteolu, Loveangel(m),
chelseabmw(m), 4casta(m),
izenco2005, Abiola123,
adonisgold, zeeziz(f), ObamaUS,
guy007(m), Immarnuel(m),
nelsono(m), all4Him, talk true
(m), mecussey(m), noblehse(m),
lusen(m), waleco2008, pro01,
cool318(m), freecocoa(f),
zodiacfac, mrs.kem09(f),
Frankisu, Rolly83(m), salvino(m),
princecash, lekzy007(m),
jadedmocha(f), Watermelon(m),
leMuhito, PupetMasta(m) and
96 guest(s)
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by 4casta(m): 9:21am On Jun 06, 2012
But cant we hv parachute and float jackets per passenger? In situation critical the pilot initiates eject operation, survival of the fittest atleast 50-50 chance or better still bodies will be found in one piece.
#just thinkin out loud
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by mecussey(m): 9:22am On Jun 06, 2012
bayooooooo:

Hmnnn, I could see the thought pattern in your brain. It's against logic, common sense and belongs to the realm of apes. Grap a bottle of Heineken, Pepper chicken and continue the beer parlour gossip.
yea bro, the truth hurts but must be said. We are not good at anything, from leadership, to medicals to technology. At 21st century, we are yet to generate ordinary electricity for ourselves and nobody, even you could find a reason why, and you want us to start discussing on how to stop a crashing plane.
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by texazzpete(m): 9:27am On Jun 06, 2012
bayulll01: Viewing this topic: Ekwy
Omalicha, phtomay(m), Reyginus
(m), bayulll01, andyanders,
Ezemarcel, temi777, davidzfarm
(m), Gogetta, IFBaby, baloafo,
dele55, Jean!(m), Aseye(m),
XFive, EnnyP, Yuossi david,
reality02, inyass123, crusufixo
(m), miteolu, Loveangel(m),
chelseabmw(m), 4casta(m),
izenco2005, Abiola123,
adonisgold, zeeziz(f), ObamaUS,
guy007(m), Immarnuel(m),
nelsono(m), all4Him, talk true
(m), mecussey(m), noblehse(m),
lusen(m), waleco2008, pro01,
cool318(m), freecocoa(f),
zodiacfac, mrs.kem09(f),
Frankisu, Rolly83(m), salvino(m),
princecash, lekzy007(m),
jadedmocha(f), Watermelon(m),
leMuhito, PupetMasta(m) and
96 guest(s)

Why do you people do this?!! What value is there in this to you dolts? I've never understood why you folks copy this and paste here instead of actually contributing to any meaningful discussion.
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by texazzpete(m): 9:28am On Jun 06, 2012
I really wish the OP has focused more on describing the plane's last moments and gone lighter on the dramatic prose in the beginning. Good contribution though.
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by drstone1: 9:34am On Jun 06, 2012
I am proud of this Guy, Adeniji Aliyu and the beautiful way in which he narrated the newstory. Certain important facts come glaring from his piece of the account of the events of Sunday's Dana crash.1. Nigerian Populace especially lagosians are highly literate unlike what obtains say 30 years ago.2. The GSM revolution has eased communication greatly.3. Nigerians really love their country and each other by the level of response to emergency situations(May be not so much of that up in the BOKO States) 4. That our transport sector is really in a mess. It took the fire Services guys 40 minutes to make it to the Venue after being informed. Now Apart from the Air Disaster, [b]our road networks are not only poorly built, but poorly managed. In Lagos for instance, Most Shop owners extend their shops right to the main road, Buses and cars could park even on the middle of the road thereby restricting the access space for other vehicles to maneuver and slow down other traffic. [/b]In lagos there seems to have been no plan for bustops, cause most of the bus stops are an afterthought of corrective policies. In Lagos traffic laws are flouted at will and no consideration is given to emergency vehicles like ambulances, fire services because people abuse the privilege associated with deferring to them on the road. I remember some years back after Gov Marwa's convoy was Bombed some where in Lagos, other commuters slowed down their trail of some of these official vehicles when weaving their way through dense traffic. Seems to me, that only catastrophic disasters of these kind can change an average black man's mentality and cause him to reconsider his values. If Dana crash has not happened , we may never seek to better our aviation industry by asking questions. If the BOKO guys are not striking with fierce terror, we never review our security procedures. Seems to me albeit crazy that some of the negatives happenings around us are a way nature tries to jolt us to awake and do the Proper thing "Collectively". Would there have to be an earth tremor, or a tsunami or a torrential down pour that wipes out an entire part of lagos to help us know the important and insist on sticking to proper planning of cities. All the open spaces reserved in the urban master-plan has been sold out or built upon. Must we even build every where? we seem to be ignorant that available land space is a great resource for other activities. I doubt if all the newly built up areas of lagos with high density populations were actually planned(Apart from the LSPDC Estates, GRA's, IKOYI's, Festac town, Satellite town etc). I mean places like Ketu, Egbeda, Iyana Ipaja, Alagbado, Ojokoro, Meiran,Alakuko,Ajegunle,Orile,Ajangbadi etc. Should there be a disaster in some of these places millions would die cheaply before any rescue effort can reach them or they can access the rescue teams.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM / Lebanese Flee Crisis At Home To Seek Better Life In Africa / Wike Has Completed GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.