Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,155 members, 7,780,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:50 AM

Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie (32022 Views)

Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane / Pictures Of Dana Air Crash Victims / Survivor Of Dana Plane Crash!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by Toyin50(m): 1:40pm On Jun 07, 2012
Icon4s: Mr eye withness. No account of what happened around d plane, I mean d occupants? Did the plane set ablaze immediately it crash landed? What happend after it crashed!!?
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by CHARLOE(m): 12:26am On Jun 08, 2012
MY ACCOUNT: I stay @ iju-ishaga, and on my way back frm church around som mins to 4, i was @ d ishaga round-about when we noticed a large aircraft, brown/green in color, like a military aircraft. flying very low and slow, almost motionless. we got home few mins later only to hear about d crash.
my initial tots went to d aircraft we saw, but dat was not d direction of d crash. immediately i & my bro rushed out running towards d direction of d crash (my house is about half a km frm d crash site). i ran back in to pick up my camera hoping to take some shots (dis was around few mins past 4. coming out to agbado rd there was a large crowd running towards d crash site, i joined in and when we got there,there were thousands of people all around.
was surprised to see some guys carrying parts of cow (leg, liver etc) coming out ( heard d plane cut down a big mango tree which fell on 2 cows som fulani were rearing nearby) was almost discouraged by d crowd but was determined to get those shots, had to push and shove my way thru to get close, took som shots but was not close enough so decided to get very close. had to climb d rubbles of d uncompleted building it crashed into to get better shots (very risky cos of d crowd and also fearing there might be an explosion) finally got there but cldn't take d shots cos of d fumes and smoke , cldn't open my eye or breathe properly, had to scamper down, disappointed.
my question now is 1.why was d large aircraft we saw initially, flying so low and slowly? was it hovering? 2. like pple have been asking, why did dame patience leave on monday, a day after d crash and when her hubby was going to d scene of d crash? questions and more ques.

Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by Orikinla(m): 7:55pm On Jun 09, 2012
This is the best account so far. The author should email it to publisher@nigeriansreport.com for formal publication and submission to appropriate news agencies.
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by abiamahart: 10:40am On Jun 11, 2012
@mecuossy
An aircraft still requires some level of propulsion to land. its like skipping stone over water it is the force that helps it otherwise it sinks.

Chikena!
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by muffins99(f): 2:37am On Jun 13, 2012
jp philips:

and you should get ur facts straightened before deceiving people that "AVIATION FIRE" exist.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

You know what it isn't but not what it is. I guess you'll also say that domestic and industrial fires do not exist? I still maintain that its aviation fire cos I checked before posting, as I always do before posting anything on NL. Please tell me what the correct term is, I want to know ... perhaps you do not know. You'd have been better off giving probable reasons why Halon wan't used- since I wasn't sure if it could have been used in this case- that is, if you even know what halon is.
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by jpphilips(m): 7:17pm On Jun 14, 2012
muffins99:

You know what it isn't but not what it is. I guess you'll also say that domestic and industrial fires do not exist? I still maintain that its aviation fire cos I checked before posting, as I always do before posting anything on NL. Please tell me what the correct term is, I want to know ... perhaps you do not know. You'd have been better off giving probable reasons why Halon wan't used- since I wasn't sure if it could have been used in this case- that is, if you even know what halon is.

Another Olodo sounding relevant, research classes A,B,c and D fires, then smartly place your
"AVIATION NONSENSE" where it rightly belongs, bearing JET A1, kero or hydrazine as likely fuels, fuselage are duralumin components too.
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by muffins99(f): 9:22pm On Jun 14, 2012
jp philips:

Another Olodo sounding relevant, research classes A,B,c and D fires, then smartly place your
"AVIATION NONSENSE" where it rightly belongs, bearing JET A1, kero or hydrazine as likely fuels, fuselage are duralumin components too.

Thank you very much for the insult. I know what classes of fire there are afterall I have some fire-fighting training. My comment wasn't about classes of fire (A,B...) but what you call them (domestic, industrial, etc). Nigeria does not have a proper aviation firefighting department so I do not expect you to know what that is. My cousin's husband works for a aviation fire service in australia and I'm sure that they (Australian's) would not call it so if aviation fire does not exist. I will not get into an exchange with you but contrary to what you think, I am not olodo and I do not speak brashly or ignorantly.

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/careers/aviation-rescue-and-fire-fighting/
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 15, 2012
muffins99:

Thank you very much for the insult. I know what classes of fire there are afterall I have some fire-fighting training. My comment wasn't about classes of fire (A,B...) but what you call them (domestic, industrial, etc). Nigeria does not have a proper aviation firefighting department so I do not expect you to know what that is. My cousin's husband works for a aviation fire service in australia and I'm sure that they (Australian's) would not call it so if aviation fire does not exist. I will not get into an exchange with you but contrary to what you think, I am not olodo and I do not speak brashly or ignorantly.

You dont have to reply to every insult directed at you. I know and understand what you have been trying to say but unfortunately people would understand based on their level of knowledge, and ignorance.

Fire fighting is another world on its own and it involves a high level of competence,professionalism, dedication and courage. I had wanted to enrol in the Nigerian Federal Fire Service but when I discovered so many things about them I had to withdraw and face other things.
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by jpphilips(m): 8:32am On Jun 15, 2012
muffins99:

because Australia has "AVIATION FIRE SERVICE" justifies your claim that Aviation fire exist? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
re you related to beaf? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, olodo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.

because there is New york fire dept means there is "New york fire",loooool grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
waste!!.

to think that you Applied for "Aviation fire fighting" to fight "AVIATION FIRE" makes me LMAO. Abeg go study at virtuoso's college of olodonization.

you attended fire training course, your cousin's husband is inferno by middle name, Nigerians don't know Aviation fire because you are cleaning white man's piss in Australia. check my location again.
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by justwise(m): 9:22am On Jun 15, 2012
jp philips:

because Australia has "AVIATION FIRE SERVICE" justifies your claim that Aviation fire exist? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
re you related to beaf? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, olodo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.

because there is New york fire dept means there is "New york fire",loooool grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
waste!!.

to think that you Applied for "Aviation fire fighting" to fight "AVIATION FIRE" makes me LMAO. Abeg go study at virtuoso's college of olodonization.

you attended fire training course, your cousin's husband is inferno by middle name, Nigerians don't know Aviation fire because you are cleaning white man's piss in Australia. check my location again.

I think you have actually lost the argument, reading your post and that of muffins99. I knew nothing about Aviation fire fighting type and the domestic one but reading muffins99's post gave me a clue about the two types, while you are busy banging on in another direction with insults. Why not put your points across without raining abuses?

1 Like

Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by jpphilips(m): 10:02am On Jun 15, 2012
justwise:

I think you have actually lost the argument, reading your post and that of muffins99. I knew nothing about Aviation fire fighting type and the domestic one but reading muffins99's post gave me a clue about the two types, while you are busy banging on in another direction with insults. Why not put your points across without raining abuses?

oga judge, i live in a world of my own, i don't teach people that think because they crossed border that they know everything like peeps in the country are all stuck in Ajegunle rather, i make fun of them.
i feel sorry for you for learning that BS she is typing above that is even if u understand my point anyways.

research classes A,B,c and D fires, then smartly place your

the quote above taught her everything she needs to know but the superiority complex of being in Australia where no one has been, makes her think she is talking sense, now u understand why i made fun of her?
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by muffins99(f): 11:17am On Jun 15, 2012
@justwise: thanks for your post and I'm sorry that you got thrashed because of it. I just thought I'd clarify the issue but please kindly do your own research and do not take my word for it. I know what I know and he knows what he knows and its clear we cannot agree. However, it was not my intention to claim omniscience but rather made a comment as to why halon wasn't used.

@jp phillips: I don't live in Australia and have not made that claim. I said my cousin's husband works for a aviation fire service in australia and I believe it's a firefighting service dedicated solely to aviation fire...and by the way, the organisation is called airservice not aviation fire service- you'd have seen this if you'd taken the time to check. Call it whatevever you will, have the last word on this (likely an insulting one), I don't care.
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by jpphilips(m): 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2012
muffins99: @justwise: thanks for your post and I'm sorry that you got thrashed because of it. I just thought I'd clarify the issue but please kindly do your own research and do not take my word for it. I know what I know and he knows what he knows and its clear we cannot agree. However, it was not my intention to claim omniscience but rather made a comment as to why halon wasn't used.

@jp phillips: I don't live in Australia and have not made that claim. I said my cousin's husband works for a aviation fire service in australia and I believe it's a firefighting service dedicated solely to aviation fire... grin grin grin ;Dand by the way, the organisation is called airservice not aviation fire service- you'd have seen this if you'd taken the time to check. Call it whatevever you will, have the last word on this (likely an insulting one), I don't care.

**yawns**
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by justwise(m): 12:32pm On Jun 15, 2012
jp philips:

oga judge, i live in a world of my own, i don't teach people that think because they crossed border that they know everything like peeps in the country are all stuck in Ajegunle rather, i make fun of them.
i feel sorry for you for learning that BS she is typing above that is even if u understand my point anyways.

the quote above taught her everything she needs to know but the superiority complex of being in Australia where no one has been, makes her think she is talking sense, now u understand why i made fun of her?

Not all, i can't see why you are trying hard to make fun of her, all i see is somebody having issues with himself.

Where did she mention that she lives in Australia?
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by justwise(m): 12:34pm On Jun 15, 2012
muffins99: @justwise: thanks for your post and I'm sorry that you got thrashed because of it. I just thought I'd clarify the issue but please kindly do your own research and do not take my word for it. I know what I know and he knows what he knows and its clear we cannot agree. However, it was not my intention to claim omniscience but rather made a comment as to why halon wasn't used.

@jp phillips: I don't live in Australia and have not made that claim. I said my cousin's husband works for a aviation fire service in australia and I believe it's a firefighting service dedicated solely to aviation fire...and by the way, the organisation is called airservice not aviation fire service- you'd have seen this if you'd taken the time to check. Call it whatevever you will, have the last word on this (likely an insulting one), I don't care.

No there is nothing to apologise for, just can't get it with some people here.
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by muffins99(f): 12:27am On Jun 16, 2012
Justwise, some people don't feel good about themselves until they put others down. It's mainly insecurity, prejudice and frustration. Unfortunately, cyberbullies have found their way here.

Take care, 'till we meet again on another thread.
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by justwise(m): 10:08am On Jun 16, 2012
muffins99: Justwise, some people don't feel good about themselves until they put others down. It's mainly insecurity, prejudice and frustration. Unfortunately, cyberbullies have found their way here.

Take care, 'till we meet again on another thread.

Couldn't have said it better.
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by jpphilips(m): 12:41pm On Jun 18, 2012
deleted
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by jpphilips(m): 12:50pm On Jun 18, 2012
deleted
Re: Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie by jpphilips(m): 1:02pm On Jun 18, 2012
justwise:

Not all, i can't see why you are trying hard to make fun of her, all i see is somebody having issues with himself.

Where did she mention that she lives in Australia?

Nigeria does not have a proper aviation firefighting department so I do not expect you to know what that is. My cousin's husband works for a aviation fire service in australia and I'm sure that they (Australian's) would not call it so if aviation fire does not exist.

lol, ur sweet heart believes that referring to a (cousin's husband)career is an authority to disprove facts grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Must Visit Tourist Destinations In Nigeria / Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time / UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.