Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,323 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Enquiry On Video Graphic And Sound Card For My Editing Workstation - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Enquiry On Video Graphic And Sound Card For My Editing Workstation (1649 Views)

Teach Graphic And Web Design For 10days And Earn 10k / I Am Hungry For Graphic And Web Designing Knowledge / Graphic And Web Design Association Of Nigeria (gwan) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enquiry On Video Graphic And Sound Card For My Editing Workstation by baseconceptng: 4:38pm On Jun 06, 2012
I HAVE CLONED A WORKSTATION WHICH IS MADE UP OF GIGABYTE BOARD -COREi7 PROCESSOR, 12GB RAM, ORIGINAL MICROSOFT WIN 7 PROFESSIONAL,1T HARD DRIVE FOR SYSTEM AND 1T HARD DRIVE FOR WORK STORAGE, DVD WRITER. WISH TO KNOW FROM THIS FORUMN THE VIDEO GRAPHICS AND SOUND CARDS WHICH I CAN BUY TO ACHIEVE QUALITY PRODUCTION. I WORK ON HDV FILE AND WONT WANT A DROP IN QUALITY. NONETHELESS, I AM LOOKING AT A VIDEO CARD WITHIN BUDGET ( BTW 15K TO 25K ) AND SOUND CARD BETWEEN ( 10K TO 20K). ANY OTHER USEFUL INFO WILL BE HIGHLY VALUED.
Re: Enquiry On Video Graphic And Sound Card For My Editing Workstation by owoyemi01(m): 1:15pm On Jun 07, 2012
Hello bro,where did you get the Core i7 board? I need one.
Re: Enquiry On Video Graphic And Sound Card For My Editing Workstation by bigl: 9:17am On Jul 21, 2012
@Op: unless u're using d same system for music production, u don't need a high end sound card. Except if u're encodin for 5.1 surround mix. Nevertheless, u can make do with emu 0404 or sometin better.
As per d graphics card, get nvidia quadro fx 4000 (1.5gb ddr3 memory, abt 800mhz speed processor, open gl 3.0, etc). That's wђat give u more bang for d box. But be warned its around 50k in ikeja (computer village). But u'll be shocked @ wat that dude does, especially, if u use after effect heavily. Or better still to save money, get nvidia gt8800. That's about 20k or less. But don't be fooled by d price, dat lil dude rocks.

All d best man.

By d way, u got a monster assembled there, make sure u utilise properly and make ur money back: and on time
Re: Enquiry On Video Graphic And Sound Card For My Editing Workstation by akwunmi(m): 8:54am On Aug 03, 2012
i hav an nvidia geforce 8800 gts 640mb
for 15k
Re: Enquiry On Video Graphic And Sound Card For My Editing Workstation by Philcool(m): 10:10am On Aug 05, 2012
My man, your monster box is gigantic currently with all the listed items. Em, I doubt you told us the prefered applications for the video projects. I will advise you reduce the hard drive for system from 1TB to 250GB as you will not love to be carried away by the global space on your system drive and start filling with every application which may bring your speed a bit low on your rendering times but physically unknown to you and starts leading to frustration on your video projects when filled with effects

(1) (Reply)

My Green Ballpoint Pen Sketch Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti / Promote Your Business With Ease / How To Attract More Customers To Your Photography/graphic Artist Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.