Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV (23241 Views)

I Appoint More Northerners Because They Are My People And I Trust Them – Buhari / BREAKING: President-elect Buhari Speaks With Saharatv, Slams Iweala / If Elected, Buhari Will Witch-hunt 'enemies' And Jail Them For 200 Years – Mu'az (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 06, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QIu_HnKuTw

Former Head of State, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari has urged the government of President Goodluck Jonathan to prosecute those involved in corruption- related scams, jail them or shoot them. The former presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) made the demand during a candid interview with SaharaTV over the weekend.

Discussing the $6.8 billion dollars fuel subsidy fraud, the N155 billion Malabu oil block scam, and the N36.8 billion police pension scheme, Gen. Buhari declared: “Just use the documentary evidence and prosecute them and jail them or shoot them.”

Gen. Buhari, who recently announced a possible presidential run in 2015, said that “literally nothing is happening,” currently to stamp out corruption.

“If we want to survive as a nation, a viable one, we have to do something extremely serious about corruption,” the retired General said.

Known as "saigaskii" (Hausa for someone speaks the truth), a no-nonsense man of discipline who was even described by former President Olusegun Obasanjo as “upright,” Buhari said that he would consider helping the current regime to bring justice to corrupt officials.

But he made it clear that this could happen only if, “the government shows that it can punish whoever steals, whoever takes public funds from the treasury whether it is in the local government, state, or in the Central Bank.”

He also said that if he were leading the country as President, he would have the courage to jail anyone involved in the scams.

“Why not?” he asked. “I did it under a different system before.”

The interview, conducted by SaharaTV’s Omoyele Sowore, was part of a special edition of SaharaTV that focused on Nigeria’s 13th anniversary of its return to democracy in 1999.

“What happened even from 1999 until now, we used to have Nigerian airways, we used to have Nigerian shipping [lines]…and the roads were not too bad…where are they now?” Buhari asked SaharaTV’s Omoyele Sowore.

Last week’s Democracy Day observations, commemorating the transition from military rule, were low key. Many, including Buhari, expressed their frank disapproval with the current regime and the inability of the Goodluck Jonathan administration to contain the rampant violence that has terrorized the nation.

Describing the level of insecurity as “intolerable,” Buhari explained that without addressing its root causes and consequences, insecurity will continue to move the country backward.

“Insecurity leads to unemployment, factories are closed, infrastructure has collapsed, social services have collapsed, education, there is no health care,” said the Katsina State native. He continued, stating that Nigerians know the problems because they are living in a state of total insecurity, where violence can erupt anywhere...any time.

Furthermore, he said, the violence committed by Boko Haram has no relation to religion, despite what its members claim.

“No religion allows hurting the innocent--no religion,” Buhari said during the interview.

Buhari himself has repeatedly been accused of encouraging violence at some point or another in his political career. During the 2011 president election season, Buhari faced heated criticisms over his comments that the 2011 elections must not be rigged unless the nation was prepared for a mass revolt comparable to the those that unfolded in Egypt and Tunisia.

Thus, while the international community heralded the 2011 elections as the most credible in Nigeria’s democratic history, they were subsequently marred by post-election violence which claimed the lives of 800 people and displaced 65,000, according to the United States Institute of Peace.

Many believe that Buhari triggered that violence, just as many believe that Buhari’s latest remarks about “bloodshed to come” in 2015, is another call for violence.

But during the SaharaTV interview, Buhari explained that his statements-- including the one translated as “if what happens in 2011 should happen again in 2015, by the grace of God, the dog and the baboon will all be soaked in blood”--expressed in Hausa, were misinterpreted.

“Only those who know the Hausa culture, who are in it, can understand it,” Buhari said.

He claimed that he was simply making an assertion regularly made by politicians throughout the country--that the citizenry should demand for their votes to be counted.

Buhari put it this way: “If you go to the market, when people put their wares, they keep their eyes on it. Even if a fly drops, lands on it. They will see it. So I say, if they [Nigerians] will keep their votes like that.”

The Congress For Progressive Change founder also addressed the internal turbulence within the CPC party, specifically the vote of no confidence on the National Executive Committee passed by some renegade party state chairmen. Notably, on SaharaTV, CPC’s national public secretary Rotimi Fashakin blamed the PDP of helping to incite the violence.

It’s a move that Buhari called “illegal” as well as a plan aimed at having him sacked.

Nonetheless and in spite of the CPC crisis, Buhari seems to be willing to engage in the 2015 election.

“Why should I refuse to participate in taking the challenge for the fourth time to present myself to Nigerians again?” asked the 69-year-old statesmen during the interview.

He said that if he doesn’t run and if the 2015 CPC nominee does not get elected, the party may “die a natural death.”

And for Buhari, that would mean an “unacceptable” loss, and a pass at a chance to restore social justice.

“…unless we go back to social justice, the survival of this country and the sustained development is going to be extremely in doubt,” Buhari concluded.

Watch the full video on SaharaTV.

2 Likes

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by denko(m): 9:03pm On Jun 06, 2012
this is what im saying he thought he can just take law into his hand and shoot whom he dream is corrupt. you cant operate democracy like that
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by Piyke: 9:10pm On Jun 06, 2012
I perceive he will kill a lot of people if he is to become president

1 Like

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by NegroNtns(m): 9:25pm On Jun 06, 2012
Piyke: I perceive he will kill a lot of people if he is to become president

. . . a lot of people need to be killed!!

48 Likes

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by joe4christ(m): 9:33pm On Jun 06, 2012
This is exactly the kind of leader nigeria need at this moment, atleast let's be sincere for once.

27 Likes

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by ronkebp(f): 9:38pm On Jun 06, 2012
Really? is it not the same person that ruled and it was as if Nigeria did not have a president due to his illness, abi am i missing something here

2 Likes

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by dayokanu(m): 9:42pm On Jun 06, 2012
ronkebp: Really? is it not the same person that ruled and it was as if Nigeria did not have a president due to his illness, abi am i missing something here

Are you mixing Buhari with someone else?

Buhari was the one who jailed almost all politicians and bundled Umaru Dikko in a crate

8 Likes

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by ronkebp(f): 9:44pm On Jun 06, 2012
dayokanu:

Are you mixing Buhari with someone else?

Buhari was the one who jailed almost all politicians and bundled Umaru Dikko in a crate

Who was the last before GEJ Am so ashamed of myself i don't even know Naija politics any longer, this is bad!!!! smiley

1 Like

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by dayokanu(m): 9:55pm On Jun 06, 2012
ronkebp:

Who was the last before GEJ Am so ashamed of myself i don't even know Naija politics any longer, this is bad!!!! smiley

The one before GEJ was Umaru Musa Yar'Adua and he died in May 2010.

When did you leave naija sef that you've forgotten everything?
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by ronkebp(f): 9:57pm On Jun 06, 2012
dayokanu:

The one before GEJ was Umaru Musa Yar'Adua and he died in May 2010.

When did you leave naija sef that you've forgotten everything?

Dayo...just leave question.smiley smiley....Thanks, now i get it, i was just mixing things up....Ok Buhari, what does he want now, to rule again, is he going to get it right? what difference is he going to make? Abi he wants to take us back to the military regime?
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by LogicMind: 11:45pm On Jun 06, 2012
this man is just a murderous animal always baying for blood and looking for who to kill.

2 Likes

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by manchy7531: 11:47pm On Jun 06, 2012
THIS ABOKI GUY DEY VEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by manny4life(m): 11:51pm On Jun 06, 2012
Right now, this is what Nigeria needs. If he wasn't a covert terrorist, then I'll agree if he were the one with the action, but knowing he has hidden agenda, I rather stay in corruption than be an eternal slave undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jun 06, 2012
The shoot them part is soooo hilarious.
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by philip0906(m): 11:58pm On Jun 06, 2012
manny4life: Right now, this is what Nigeria needs. If he wasn't a covert terrorist, then I'll agree if he were the one with the action, but knowing he has hidden agenda, I rather stay in corruption than be an eternal slave undecided undecided undecided
kindly prove the above. . .

5 Likes

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by Brixtonyute(m): 11:59pm On Jun 06, 2012
This is the best interview ever from a Nigerian politician..

If you can't shoot them, give me the gun and I would.. I have been handling big guns from age 13. cool

5 Likes

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by reindeer: 12:01am On Jun 07, 2012
philip0906:

He's obviously bought into the propaganda by people profitting from corruption.
They know this man will run their As.s.es down so they will smear him from now till kingdom come.

1 Like

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by CuteTj(m): 12:01am On Jun 07, 2012
Bin Buhari has spoken the truth and nothing but the truth. We need someone that can sanitise Nigeria. Why do you think Fashola is making raves in Lagos. How i wish we can change our system of governance to COMMUNISM, after ridding Nigeria of corrupt individuals then we revert back to DEMOCRACY. Bin Buhari, you have spoken the truth but don't contest in 2015 o... Give us someone like you. We really need a revolution in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by unclenna(m): 12:04am On Jun 07, 2012
That's y he will nt rule nigeria...the man is the Indiamine of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by honeric01(m): 12:07am On Jun 07, 2012
manny4life: Right now, this is what Nigeria needs. If he wasn't a covert terrorist, then I'll agree if he were the one with the action, but knowing he has hidden agenda, I rather stay in corruption than be an eternal slave undecided undecided undecided

Hopelessness. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by honeric01(m): 12:08am On Jun 07, 2012
CuteTj: Bin Buhari has spoken the truth and nothing but the truth. We need someone that can sanitise Nigeria. Why do you think Fashola is making raves in Lagos. How i wish we can change our system of governance to COMMUNISM, after ridding Nigeria of corrupt individuals then we revert back to DEMOCRACY. Bin Buhari, you have spoken the truth but don't contest in 2015 o... Give us someone like you. We really need a revolution in Nigeria.

Who's like him? undecided

1 Like

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by honeric01(m): 12:09am On Jun 07, 2012
unclenna: That's y he will nt rule nigeria...the man is the Indiamine of Nigeria.

When he becomes the president, you can simply move to Ghana while the rest of us deal with any corrupt people left.

7 Likes

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by CuteTj(m): 12:09am On Jun 07, 2012
unclenna: That's y he will nt rule nigeria...the man is the Indiamine of Nigeria.
if you, your family and friends are upright and not corrupt, then you have nothing to fear.

3 Likes

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 07, 2012
Deleted

1 Like

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by Freeopod(m): 12:10am On Jun 07, 2012
Dis is xactly d type of leader we want in nigeria not the dumb jonathan that is sO scared of tackling corruption cos of wat e myt luz! For nigeria to be corruption free, strict measures must be taken against corrupt leaders! Strict methods just like killin them and jailing them! Com 2015 i will happily vote for him

1 Like

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by CuteTj(m): 12:14am On Jun 07, 2012
honeric01:

Who's like him? undecided
what do you mean? There are still upright people like him in Nigeria. He will never recommend a corrupt person.
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by manny4life(m): 12:16am On Jun 07, 2012
philip0906:

Prove what exactly? Did you not hear what I said "a covert terrorist"? Since he's a covert op, he's indirectly (through his comments and actions) supporting terrorism in Nigeria.

reindeer:

He's obviously bought into the propaganda by people profitting from corruption.
They know this man will run their As.s.es down so they will smear him from now till kingdom come.

Was that supposedly for me? LOL, if that was for me, people gat issues.

honeric01:

Hopelessness. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Well, I'd rather it be hopelessness than it be hopelessness x2 + slavery = anguish and sorrow.
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by maigaskiya1: 12:19am On Jun 07, 2012
Piyke: I perceive he will kill a lot of people if he is to become president
u knw wan die but u wan go heavn
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by Kobojunkie: 12:19am On Jun 07, 2012
ronkebp: Really? is it not the same person that ruled and it was as if Nigeria did not have a president due to his illness, abi am i missing something here

HUH?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

You need to go back to school for history lessons oo!!
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by Kobojunkie: 12:20am On Jun 07, 2012
Prosecute, Jail but do not kill them yet. It is my turn to get my share of the Nigerian loot, so do not dare change the rules now. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by CuteTj(m): 12:25am On Jun 07, 2012
Kobojunkie: Prosecute, Jail but do not kill them yet. It is my turn to get my share of the Nigerian loot, so do not dare change the rules now. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
ole! You'll be the first to chop Bin Buhari's koboko not kobojunkie. LoL..
Re: Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV by Brixtonyute(m): 12:26am On Jun 07, 2012
^Who gave this female silverback gorilla a computer? Your mates are in the village cutting firewood.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Yet To Stabilise - Hospital / Kingsley Moghalu Supporters Meet In Rural Kogi (Pictures) / Kaduna On Fire Again.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.