Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,601 members, 7,801,742 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience (7304 Views)

YOUR FIRST LOVE: How Long Did You Date And What Caused The Breakup? / Must Your First Love Be Your True Love ? / To Marry Your First Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by maki(f): 3:51pm On Apr 04, 2006
as for me i wont stop falling in and out of love
cos i'll only be doing myself no good by not giving somebody else a chance
if one love fails i'll go into another
until i find the right one
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by kinglarry(m): 3:53pm On Apr 04, 2006
Fluffy:

@sasous

I was in love long enough to know it SUCKS! tongue

You mean long enough? It must surely be with the wrong person
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 04, 2006
met her when i was 15 and she was 14.
Very funny, it was feb 14 1997, i came to school on saturday and all the guys were like buying val cards to give to girls so i bought one and i was thinking of whom to give it to and i thot about her and gave it to her. i had no idea what i was getting into because i thot we were just friends. then monday morning she sent her brother to give me this card that had a love note in it!  shocked
happiest day of my sec school life! I must have kept the card and notes for 3 years, i think i read it over a thousand times just to be sure it was real! And then later in the day, like an angel, she appeared at the door of my class, looking really shy, my heart just melted straight away.

She was the most quiet and sensible girl i'd ever met, we (err i meant she) would share everything including her money with me. i hated copying notes, she loved it and she'd pick my notes and copy them for me diagrams and all, that used to be her evening duty. One day she did not copy one note i had to turn in the next day and i lost my temper  shocked, unbelievable! She simply stared at me, said sorry, picked the note, borrowed a note from a friend of mine and copied the entire note for me, over 15 pages of higher education notes.

We broke up (did we really?) when i left school and we lost touch. But 9 years later, we still stay in touch. We talked yesterday!  grin
She wants us to get back together, she never had a boyfriend since then!  shocked
I don't know how possible that will be newayz, like i always tell her, time will tell if we can be what we once were! I loved her from the bottom of my foolish heart, she was the first girl who could stand my stupid boyish pranks those days. She still does lol  grin
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by chinani(f): 6:10pm On Apr 04, 2006
I can't believe you yelled at her! shocked But, all things considered, so, so sweet! smiley
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by cutiepie18(f): 6:47pm On Apr 04, 2006
damn y u yelling at her ,she aint ur damn slave,dat was mean wat u did@davidylan
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 04, 2006
cutiepie18:

damn y u yelling at her ,she aint your damn slave,that was mean what u did@davidylan

Yeah i know, one of those things stupid small boys do. I since apologised and we moved on, it was one of those things that made me even closer to her.
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by kemmy(f): 6:59pm On Apr 04, 2006
What!I hope you don't think you love her because she takes all your shit?
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2006
kemmy:

What!I hope you don't think you love her because she takes all your rubbish?

my dear that is absolutely wrong! well she's a big girl now and i can tell u she won't put up with such an attitude from me again!
i loved her because she was very patient and understanding, that cannot be said of most women today. i'm smart enough not to make a correlation between being understanding and being stupid, those are two immiscible things.
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by kemmy(f): 7:51pm On Apr 04, 2006
It feels good to hear you say that, most men would rather the stupid than the undertsanding.
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by Anabib(f): 4:56pm On Apr 05, 2006
fluffy
love doesnt suck, its the guy that sucks.
Dump the Attitude and give love a chance. You are a pretty babe and am, sure you are yet to experience true love, hope it comes ur way soonest.

ITS BETTER TO HAVE LOVED AND LOST THAN NOT TO HAVE LOVED AT ALL!!!
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by Fluffy(f): 5:02pm On Apr 05, 2006
@Anabib

Thanks babe I feel so much better now kiss
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by Rhodalyn(f): 5:03pm On Apr 05, 2006
@davidylan
U're story is so sweet kiss kiss kiss kiss

One day she did not copy one note i had to turn in the next day and i lost my temper
 not this bit thou angry angry angry angry
I loved her from the bottom of my foolish heart, she was the first girl who could stand my stupid boyish pranks those
 dats right cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by gem87(f): 10:27pm On Apr 05, 2006
hv been there still on it but it ain't so guud and i'm so so such a big sucker! i just can't get myself 2 brk up wiv him wht if i live to regret it? it's more dan just love we connect on a whole different level.
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by maki(f): 9:39am On Apr 06, 2006
i dont know if we are still in love or not undecided
but we do keep in touch wink
dough we had just 1 night fling that we never had before in 15yrs wink cheesy
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by stormz(m): 5:05pm On Apr 06, 2006
erm, i met my first love wen i was 9, n we went out till the day she died wen we were 11

1 Like

Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by 2cantango(f): 5:17pm On Apr 06, 2006
stormz:

erm, i met my first love when i was 9, n we went out till the day she died when we were 11

cry cry I'm so sorry cry cry
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by stormz(m): 5:27pm On Apr 06, 2006
nah, i mean, it still haunts me sumtyms, i sit on my bed n cry, but im 17 now, six years to get over it
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by 2cantango(f): 5:37pm On Apr 06, 2006
six yrs later and you can still cry. . now that's love!
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by stormz(m): 5:52pm On Apr 06, 2006
i dnt really no wat love is but i think i had strong feelins for her, i have a son now, so i put my concentration on him instead
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by Ynot(m): 5:53pm On Apr 06, 2006
stormz:

nah, i mean, it still haunts me sumtyms, i sit on my bed n cry, but im 17 now, six years to get over it

Cry no more. You will meet on the other side.
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by stormz(m): 5:59pm On Apr 06, 2006
i guess
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by curiousNja(f): 12:28pm On Apr 07, 2006
I was 19 when we met and I had liked him for a while and so was ecstatic when we finally got together. He was such a good lookin man. And it wasn't just about the looks. He was just a naturally affectionate person who loved life and people. I still remember our first kiss and even the way he smelled (cologne he wore). We parted ways painfully because we lived so far away from each other. And back then, I couldn't get into the clubs and place he could get into, because I was under 21.

Did you become friends again?
No. He hurt me too much. Not anything he did. Just the way it ended.

How long did it take you to "get over" the person?
I am still not over him completely but mind you, I have had several great relationships since then.

To stop thinking about them everyday?
I still think about him. I know he is married with two kids now and I always wonder whether he is happy and satisied.

Do you still have occasional dreams about them? Any lingering thoughts about the person?
No dreams, just lingering thoughts.

And finally, do you "keep up" w/ the person or know where he/she is now?
I don't keep up with him. I think it is probably best that way. I don't live in that same state anymore anyway.

Thanks for your contribution.
Thank you.
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by Starbaby1: 8:58pm On Apr 09, 2006
I remember my 1st love like it was yesterday. we met in JSS1, n he lived next block from me in d barracks. but unfortunately, first term in SS1 i moved 2 England, he saw me off d night i left n i've neva spoken 2 him since. I still miss him, i think i still love him! we didn't really have a decent relationship with all our classmates tryin 2 come between us n my family forbidin me 2 c him cuz he was from d north n i'm from d east-silly really. But i'm still trynna contact him n i won't give till i do so. Oh n if any of u think they know me please get in touch!!!!
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by chinani(f): 9:03pm On Apr 09, 2006
Best of luck Starbaby!
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by venice(f): 12:47pm On Apr 10, 2006
Love is just Love, and will remain love.

there's no easy way out, if there were, i would have bought it and believe me, it would be one of my favorite things.

Some of us, have been through hell and back, learned from the best yes, i hate it when i fall inlove i just can't handle the thought of thinking what's gonna happen next, is he gonna dump me, will he cheat, or is he cheating?

I'd rather be alone, than be unhappy,

True love will never come! cry
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by Fluffy(f): 2:45pm On Apr 10, 2006
@Venice

Maybe we should run off to Nigeria and find us some nice guys, what do you say?
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by rikkyjen(m): 3:05pm On Apr 10, 2006
Humm, scintillating posts, make una dey post make i dey read abeg!!!
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 10, 2006
rikkyjen:

Humm, scintillating posts, make una dey post make i dey read abeg!!!

did you have no first love yourself?
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by Nia: 10:20pm On Apr 10, 2006
Interesting thread. I had crushes when I was younger, but they weren't real love. My first real love was with a guy I met through one of my friends. It was pretty innocent at first. We'd just make fun of each other, playfully tap each other, etc,  but later things got very serious. We tried really hard to keep it secret from his parents and at first, even lied to our friends. He was Mexican in love with a naija chick and we knew his parents would take an issue with that. Same thing with my parents who thought I shouldn't be looking at anybody but naija guys. All our friends knew it, but we'd deny that we had anything going on. But the minute we were alone, it was a different story.
His father was killed in an car accident and the family had to move to stay with relatives. We tried the long distance thing for a while, but it just didn't work.
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by glamrocka(f): 3:28am On Apr 17, 2006
Hiya, here's my late registration

I was 18, he was 17 and we were so loved up. Lasted for 3yrs, parted ways because i though he cheated and i cheated back (turned out he didnt) embarassed

Friends again?, yes and no briefly after another 3yrs but (too much water under the bridge)
How long it took to get over? ,  3yrs

Stop thinking about him?,  have not i still do (not exactly everyday embarassed)
Ocassional dreams/lingerin thoughts?,  dreams yes.

Do i keep up or know where he is?,  Dont keep up. He lives 10mins from my ex-friend(stopped visiting her, hence the ex)
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by chinani(f): 5:11am On Apr 17, 2006
@ Glamrocka
Thanks for contributing. cheesy Welcome to NL.

@ Everyone
Part of the reason I started this thread was to see how long was the average "over him/her" period. The responses have been reassuring to me. smiley
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by skonds(f): 8:10pm On Apr 17, 2006
hum!
where do i start well i met mine at the age of 18, n iloved him with all m heart,hee was my brother,friend n boy friend2, we saw every day n i was fond of him,but he had a strond passion 4 women,he was a cheat n we broke up on dat note.we still talk n he still claims he caqnt stop lovin me its a heartbnreak im nursin tho im almost out of it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Am In Love With A Girl And She Loves Me Too,but She Has A Boy Friend.what Should / Photo: Another Girl Posts Rubbish On Facebook / Lady Damages Her Private Part During A Pool Party (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.