Stats: 3,143,152 members, 7,780,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:40 AM

How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? (49145 Views)

Save Money; Lose Weight Without Surgical Procedures / How Do I Lose 8 Kilograms In One Month? (2) (3) (4)

Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Nobody: 1:46am On Jun 28, 2012
Sagamite:

She gave me no option when she said she did not want to exercise, I had to go deep.

Otherwise it would have been eat less, eat healthy, reduce calories consumed and exercise a lot.

If you wait quite long between meals, you mind and body might go into a mode of telling you to go for highly calorific and a lot of food because it is thinking of storing it.

If you eat quite frequently, you body might not go into such a panic mode and you would not be craving for highly calorific food.

The difference in weight gain between the two, and the frequency to eat for the second, I don't know about.

Thanks. . . . smiley
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by henrywronger: 5:04pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ms_Steph: Please I am working nd don't have time to exercise, I am leaving for nysc on 2nd july. Want to lose weight in the next 3weeks. How can I lose weight in 20days without exercising??

That is quite difficult for you can all because exercise is most important to reducing our weight very fast. But At this time so many natural products are available in market and drink more green tea is really most beneficial for you to weight loss. And avoid so much food and avoid more fast food and oily food and continue to drink green tea so i think yo will done your target to reducing your weight very fast.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Sagamite(m): 8:44am On Jul 07, 2012
I forgot to add that 1lb of fat is equal to 3500 calories. So to lose 1 pound in weight (in my example, from 210 pounds to 209 pounds) the person has to have cumulated 3500 calories in the negative.

So in my earlier example, by losing 380 calories a day, it would take the person about 10 days to lose 1 pound. And 140 days (almost 5 months) to lose one stone.

That is without factoring in that the more you lose weight, the more your metabolic rate reduces and the less calories you lose from any activities you perform (e.g. walking one mile). That is, as you lose weight, you will be having less than 380 calories in the negative except you reduce your daily consumption as well as you lose weight.

So without exercise, you can lose weight but it would be very slow (except you become very active e.g trek for 2 hours a day, at 3 mph that is 6 miles).
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 07, 2012
Sagamite: I forgot to add that 1lb of fat is equal to 3500 calories. So to lose 1 pound in weight (in my example, from 210 pounds to 209 pounds) the person has to have cumulated 3500 calories in the negative.

So in my earlier example, by losing 380 calories a day, it would take the person about 10 days to lose 1 pound. And 140 days (almost 5 months) to lose one stone.

That is without factoring in that the more you lose weight, the more your metabolic rate reduces and the less calories you lose from any activities you perform (e.g. walking one mile). That is, as you lose weight, you will be having less that 380 calories in the negative except you reduce your daily consumption as well as you lose weight.

So without exercise, you can lose weight but it would be very slow (except you become very active e.g trek for 2 hours a day, at 3 mph that is 6 miles).

Nawa o!! Mo gbe!
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Sagamite(m): 10:26pm On Jul 08, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Nawa o!! Mo gbe!

Losing weight is hard work. grin

Some people's only saving grace are:

- Cannot afford a lot of food.

- Not being keen on food that much.

- Diet brought up on (local traditional food) or the food the person is interested in is naturally low in calories.

- There daily life is very active.

Nature is amazing. The more you eat and lose weight, the more God has made your body to help you burn it through you metabolic rate. The more you starve and lose weight, the more God has made your body burn very little.

That is why people don't just put on weight until they burst, as they put on weight their body works harder. But the organs have their limits. At a point no fresh engine oil would stop the motors. Heart Attack due to the sludge waste clogging the pipes! grin
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 08, 2012
Sagamite:

Losing weight is hard work. grin

Some people's only saving grace are:

- Cannot afford a lot of food.

- Not being keen on food that much.

- Diet brought up on (local traditional food) or the food the person is interested in is naturally low in calories.

- There daily life is very active.

Nature is amazing. The more you eat and lose weight, the more God has made your body to help you burn it through you metabolic rate. The more you starve and lose weight, the more God has made your body burn very little.

That is why people don't just put on weight until they burst, as they put on weight their body works harder. But the organs have their limits. At a point no fresh engine oil would stop the motors. Heart Attack due to the sludge waste clogging the pipes! grin

Saggy, so I have to ea a lot while exercising to lose weight?
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by kandiikane(m): 11:54pm On Jul 08, 2012
SO, sagamite, I see you are advising on how to lose weight properly but why not use it for yourself too? lol tongue

Wait, in your picture, is that 10 pack with pecs or potbelly with moobs? grin

Plus, when you say young, how young or how old is young? cheesy
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by kandiikane(m): 12:24am On Jul 09, 2012
On a more serious note, sagamite I haven't had any appetite for the past few weeks. I can eat 10 malted biscuits and I will be full for the whole day.

I tried forcing myself to eat proper cooked food but with 3 or 4 spoonfuls I am full.

I am naturally slim as you know but I actually weigh more than I look. Last time I checked I was 9 stones 7. I am probably still 9 stones but I noticed my collar bone and chest rib becoming more obvious.

I have a see-saw type of weight. I stay slim but tend to lose and gain on the scales without anyone noticing much of a difference esp. When I gain.

I do feel like my body goes into this phase where it doesn't gain even if I eat truckloads.(I actually do eat loads)
Any help for this? Unfortunately, I am a smoker, could that be the main culprit?
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Sagamite(m): 12:24am On Jul 09, 2012
kandiikane: SO, sagamite, I see you are advising on how to lose weight properly but why not use it for yourself too? lol tongue

Wait, in your picture, is that 10 pack with pecs or potbelly with moobs? grin

Plus, when you say young, how young or how old is young? cheesy

My body is God's own gym. cool

I can't seem to locate anywhere I mentioned young. Indicate to me.

Ileke-IdI:

Saggy, so I have to ea a lot while exercising to lose weight?

NO!

You eat alot, you have more to burn. You will lose more weight with equal effort if you are heavier than if you were lighter but that does not mean you would be lighter.

Someone weighing 210 pounds jogging 5 miles might lose 760 calories. Someone weighing 150 pounds jogging 5 miles might lose 544 calories. The bigger person loses more but that is because it is harder work carrying all that weight.

If the person weighing 150 pounds wants to lose the same, then maybe she should carry a backpack weighing 60 pounds for the jog.

So if you want to lose more weight, carry more temporary weight on you when exercising. If you eat more, you will have more work to do and it is harder work.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Nobody: 12:26am On Jul 09, 2012
kandiikane: On a more serious note, sagamite I haven't had any appetite for the past few weeks. I can eat 10 malted biscuits and I will be full for the whole day.

I tried forcing myself to eat proper cooked food but with 3 or 4 spoonfuls I am full.

I am naturally slim as you know but I actually weigh more than I look. Last time I checked I was 9 stones 7. I am probably still 9 stones but I noticed my collar bone and chest rib becoming more obvious.

I have a see-saw type of weight. I stay slim but tend to lose and gain on the scales without anyone noticing much of a difference esp. When I gain.

I do feel like my body goes into this phase where it doesn't gain even if I eat truckloads.(I actually do eat loads)
Any help for this? Unfortunately, I am a smoker, could that be the main culprit?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by kandiikane(m): 12:27am On Jul 09, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I know! It's something I am very very ashamed of.

@sagamite, on your profile.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 09, 2012
Sagamite:

My body is God's own gym. cool

I can't seem to locate anywhere I mentioned young. Indicate to me.

NO!

You eat alot, you have more to burn. You will lose more weight with equal effort if you are heavier than if you were lighter but that does not mean you would be lighter.

Someone weighing 210 pounds jogging 5 miles might lose 760 calories. Someone weighing 150 pounds jogging 5 miles might lose 544 calories. The bigger person loses more but that is because it is harder work carrying all that weight.

If the person weighing 150 pounds wants to lose the same, then maybe she should carry a backpack weighing 60 pounds for the jog.

So if you want to lose more weight, carry more temporary weight on you when exercising. If you eat more, you will have more work to do and it is harder work.

I am no where near 200lbs.

I just need to tone some area of my body. When I gain weight, it only goes to one area angry angry angry I love my other body part just the way they are, but I now that with vigorous exercise, I might have to lose some buddy part I love; my thighs. I love my thighs, but whenever I lose weight, they slim down tongue

Dr. Phil, what should I do?
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 09, 2012
kandiikane:

I know! It's something I am very very ashamed of.

@sagamite, on your profile.

Yea, smoking is a factor, but it seems like you have naturally fast metabolism.

My old Bukina Faso roommy eats crazy but she's been 105lbs for the past 3 yrs. She's scared of losing weight, and here I am trying to lose some angry tongue
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Sagamite(m): 12:33am On Jul 09, 2012
kandiikane: On a more serious note, sagamite I haven't had any appetite for the past few weeks. I can eat 10 malted biscuits and I will be full for the whole day.

From your pixs, you obviously are not one to worry about being fat. That is a difficult task for you.

You are more likely to worry about how to put on weight. You are an ectomorph. Skinny people. You can eat and eat and still struggle to pile on weight.

I am a Mesomorph. Athletic people. Hence my naturally hench shoulders.

The third type is Endomorph. Stocky people with big thighs. E.g. Beyonce, Amber Rose, Maliah Michel.

People like you will be good for things like Marathons and other endurance stuff.

People like me are good for sprints and other fast pace, short bust stuff.

People like Endomorphs are good for weight lifting.

Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Nobody: 12:33am On Jul 09, 2012
Sagamite:

From your pixs, you obviously are not one to worry about being fat. That is a difficult task for you.

You are more likely to worry about how to put on weight. You are an ectomorph. Skinny people.

I am a Mesomorph. Athletic people. Hence my naturally hench shoulders.

The third type is Endomorph. Stocky people with big thighs. E.g. Beyonce, Amber Rose, Maliah Michel.

People like you will be good for things like Marathons and other endurance stuff.

People like me are good for sprints and other fast pace, short bust stuff.

People like Endomorphs are good for weight lifting.

ehrrrrm
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Sagamite(m): 12:36am On Jul 09, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I am no where near 200lbs.

I just need to tone some area of my body. When I gain weight, it only goes to one area angry angry angry I love my other body part just the way they are, but I now that with vigorous exercise, I might have to lose some buddy part I love; my thighs. I love my thighs, but whenever I lose weight, they slim down tongue

Dr. Phil, what should I do?

Show me your thighs let me see. cool
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by kandiikane(m): 12:37am On Jul 09, 2012
Sagamite, I think I am both an ectomorph and mesomorph because although I don't become fat, my body has a more athletic look to it than bony.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Nobody: 12:37am On Jul 09, 2012
Sagamite:

Show me your thighs let me see.

Visualize, a medium thick thigh.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Sagamite(m): 12:39am On Jul 09, 2012
kandiikane: Sagamite, I think I am both an ectomorph and mesomorph because although I don't become fat, my body has a more athletic look to it than bony.

That is very possible. There are people like that.

But looking at you, I doubt it.

Ectomorph does not mean bony, it just means skinny. 9ice is one. Bony is just an anorexic.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Sagamite(m): 12:40am On Jul 09, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Visualize, a medium thick thigh.

My imagination is poor. Educate me.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Nobody: 12:42am On Jul 09, 2012
Sagamite:

My imagination is poor. Educate me.

I just don't want skinny thighs, I worked hard to thicken them up tongue

Just gimme advice jor

Viewing this topic: kandiikane(m), Sagamite(m) and 5 guest(s)

lol @ guests
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by kandiikane(m): 12:43am On Jul 09, 2012
Lool.

Ileke, Just show the thighs jare. tongue
Sagamite:

That is very possible. There are people like that.

But looking at you, I doubt it.

Ectomorph does not mean bony, it just means skinny. 9ice is one. Bony is just an anorexic.

Ah kk. Well, what I mean is- I believe I have broad shoulder and I have a stomach that looks like it has been doing situp's for years.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Sagamite(m): 12:44am On Jul 09, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I just don't want skinny thighs, I worked hard to thicken them up tongue

Just gimme advice jor

My friend, if you go to your doctor for woman problem and he tells you to UnCloth so he can see, would you not comply?

Girl, take off you clothes and let me see you gaddamn thighs jor. cheesy
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Nobody: 12:48am On Jul 09, 2012
Sagamite:

My friend, if you go to your doctor for woman problem and he tells you to UnCloth so he can see, would you not comply?

Girl, take off you clothes and let me see you gaddamn thighs jor. cheesy

Ah we thank God that you ain't a doc lol

Check my profile, that' the only pix I fit find. f I get a slimmer thigh than this, I'd die.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Nobody: 12:49am On Jul 09, 2012
A bit thicker, that pix was taken less than a yr ago.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Sagamite(m): 12:51am On Jul 09, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Ah we thank God that you ain't a doc lol

Check my profile, that' the only pix I fit find. f I get a slimmer thigh than this, I'd die.

You are a mesomorph. You are not entitled to thick thighs. grin

Your weight gain is likely to go to your belly and when you try and lose it, you are likely to lose some from your thighs too.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by kandiikane(m): 12:51am On Jul 09, 2012
A recent pic?
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by kandiikane(m): 12:52am On Jul 09, 2012
Sagamite:

Your weight is likely to go to your belly and when you try and lose it, you are likely to lose some from your thighs too.

Wait, mesomorphs weight goes to their belly?
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Sagamite(m): 12:53am On Jul 09, 2012
kandiikane:

Wait, mesomorphs weight goes to their belly?

Yep!
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Nobody: 12:54am On Jul 09, 2012
Sagamite:

Your weight is likely to go to your belly and when you try and lose it, you are likely to lose some from your thighs too.

Like I said, I don't wanna lost that weight, aiight.

My weight never goes to my thigh, but it takes from it angry I'm a biker and this summer I've been biking a lot lately, I notice that my thigh has slimmed down. I want to put more weight on it and less on the other part.

kandiikane: A recent pic?

You guys got the idea lol tongue
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by kandiikane(m): 12:54am On Jul 09, 2012
Oh ohhh..

Then I guess I am not mesomorph then.

Ileke, I don't ooo. cheesy
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Nobody: 12:57am On Jul 09, 2012
kandiikane: Oh ohhh..

Then I guess I am not mesomorph then.

Ileke, I don't ooo. cheesy

Dr. Sagamite got the idea grin

A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes / Doctors Successfully Remove Arrow Shot Into A Girl's Heart In Borno (Pix) / Guys, Here Are 6 Sure Natural Ways To Get Pink And Seductive Lips

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63