Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses (2283 Views)

Why Don't Pastors Preach These Verses? / Great Bible Contradictions / Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by buzugee(m): 7:10am On Jun 07, 2012
matthew 27 vs 50- 52 And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. At that moment the curtain in the sanctuary of the Temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. The earth shook, rocks split apart,And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose

2 peter 2 vs 4 God did not spare the Angels who sinned, but cast them down in chains of darkness into the lowest depths and handed them over to be kept for the judgment of torment,

2 peter 3 vs 12 looking forward to the day of God and hurrying it along. On that day, he will set the heavens on fire, and the elements will melt away in the flames.
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 07, 2012
Following. this has to be interesting...

2 Likes

Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by ijawkid(m): 8:37am On Jun 07, 2012
Ok let's start with matthew 27:50-52.....

The curtain of d sanctuary mentioned there,is d curtain that seperated d holy from d most holy which is Jesus's fleshy body.....
(Hebrews 10:19,20)

It was that barrier that kept Jesus from entering into his Fathers presence while he was a man on earth.........

At d time of Jesus death the curtain of d sanctuary was torn into 2 from top to bottom......
This dramatically indicated that d barrier preventing Jesus entry into heaven had now been removed.........

1 Like

Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by ea7(m): 8:45am On Jun 07, 2012
erm...Kuchiyose:Edo Tensei
Google it.
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by lacum: 9:11am On Jun 07, 2012
In mathew 27: the vers declares in an apocalyptic style dat d death of jesus marked d completn of definitive salvatn.vs 53 is interpreted as a sign of fulfilment of d prophecies of daniel(12:2). It also suggests dat b4 d resurrectn jesus descended to d dead, dis signifies dat jesu was present to these historical or prehistorical multitudes who were to wait 4 him to have life in God.

1 Like

Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 07, 2012
ea7: erm...Kuchiyose:Edo Tensei
Google it.
Lmao...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zctsCHlLess
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by LogicMind: 9:31am On Jun 07, 2012
ijawkid: Ok let's start with matthew 27:50-52.....

The curtain of d sanctuary mentioned there,is d curtain that seperated d holy from d most holy which is Jesus's fleshy body.....
(Hebrews 10:19,20)

It was that barrier that kept Jesus from entering into his Fathers presence while he was a man on earth.........

At d time of Jesus death the curtain of d sanctuary was torn into 2 from top to bottom......
This dramatically indicated that d barrier preventing Jesus entry into heaven had now been removed.........

This is typical christiany: answering the question that was NOT asked. Can't you see his bolded?
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by Goshen360(m): 1:05pm On Jun 07, 2012
@ Buzugee,

I love this thread. However, I need TITHE AND APOSTOLIC Offerings to help you out. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by stepo707: 1:33pm On Jun 07, 2012
matthew 27 vs 50- 52

The ancient tabernacle and the temples patterned thereafter had veils which separated one portion of the structure from another. To pass the first veil was to move from the outer court into an inner sanctuary known as the Holy Place. To pass the second veil was to enter the Holy of Holies, or the Most Holy Place.Paul capitalizes upon the Hebrew understanding of these things to indicate symbolically the role of Jesus in making it possible for us to enter into heaven, our “holy of holies.” As in ancient times the high priest entered the earthly sanctuary through rites of purification, so we too are privileged to enter the heavenly sanctuary through the blood of Christ, which cleanses us from sin. “Atonement for sin is no longer made by the high priest in Israel when he passes through the veil of the temple into the holy of holies. (Lev. 16.) Heb 6:19–20. Now there is a new way, a living way, for the veil of the old temple was rent with the crucifixion. (Matt. 27:50–51.) Now Jesus has passed through the veil into heaven itself. While he lived, his mortal flesh stood between him and the eternal holy of holies, for ‘flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God’ (1 Cor. 15:50), but now he has, as it were, rent the veil of his flesh through death and entered into the fulness of his Father’s kingdom through resurrection.

1 Like

Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by ijawkid(m): 7:07pm On Jun 07, 2012
Logic Mind:

This is typical christiany: answering the question that was NOT asked. Can't you see his bolded?

I'm nt thru wit d post nigga..lol

More is coming.

Was busy
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by Ptolomeus(m): 7:14pm On Jun 07, 2012
Goshen360: @ Buzugee,

I love this thread. However, I need TITHE AND APOSTOLIC Offerings to help you out. grin grin grin

Hahaha!
Very smart answer ...
Be in Euros, please!
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by Fr0sbel: 7:21pm On Jun 07, 2012
Strangely enough , atheists on Nairaland are beginning to lose it, honestly.

This thread was started for the purpose of deriving opinions from other bible believing scholars, yet again, we see our troll pals all over the article.

Guys please respect yourselves oooo !!
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by buzugee(m): 7:26pm On Jun 07, 2012
grin grin grin grin i see yall coming with the comedy and jokes but no answers ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by Goshen360(m): 7:44pm On Jun 07, 2012
Seriously, @ buzugee, I need Tithe and my Apostolic offerings to help you out. Your questions are very small by the Grace of God upon my life. Am not joking now.....After all, your pastors teach that, where you FEED is where you "pay" or "give" your TITHE to. In this case, me as an Apostle of faith, called to teach the way of God, I want, not only Tithe but also an Apostolic offerings.

where is my tithe and APOSTOLIC offering? grin grin grin
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by ijawkid(m): 7:49pm On Jun 07, 2012
buzugee: grin grin grin grin i see yall coming with the comedy and jokes but no answers ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ok let me start trying with matthew 27:52....

I know many will think that d bodies that were arisen from there graves experienced ressurection or came to life literally...

But here's my lil understanding along with other scriptures to back it up...

At matthew 27:52, whoever “the holy ones” were, Matthew did not say they were raised up. He said their bodies, or corpses, were. Second, he did not say these bodies came to life. He said they were raised up, and the Greek verb e•gei'ro, meaning to “raise up,” does not always refer to a resurrection. It can, among other things, also mean to “lift out” from a pit or to “get up” from the ground. (Matthew 12:11; 17:7; Luke 1:69) The upheaval at Jesus’ death opened tombs, tossing lifeless bodies into the open. Such occurrences during earthquakes were reported in the second century C.E. by Greek writer Aelius Aristides and more recently, in 1962, in Colombia.
This view of the event harmonizes with Bible teachings. In 1 Corinthians chapter 15, the apostle Paul gives convincing proof of the resurrection, but he completely ignores Matthew 27:52, 53. So do all other Bible writers. (Acts 2:32, 34) The corpses raised up at Jesus’ death could not have come to life,for on the third day thereafter, Jesus became “the firstborn from the dead.” (Colossians 1:18) The “holy ones,” were promised a share in the first resurrection during Christ’s presence, not in the first century.—1 Thessalonians 3:13; 4:14-17.

Hope I tried my comrade buzugeee.....

Lol

1 Like

Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by ijawkid(m): 7:55pm On Jun 07, 2012
Goshen360: Seriously, @ buzugee, I need Tithe and my Apostolic offerings to help you out. Your questions are very small by the Grace of God upon my life. Am not joking now.....After all, your pastors teach that, where you FEED is where you "pay" or "give" your TITHE to. In this case, me as an Apostle of faith, called to teach the way of God, I want, not only Tithe but also an Apostolic offerings.

Come take..................lol
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by buzugee(m): 7:57pm On Jun 07, 2012
Goshen360: Seriously, @ buzugee, I need Tithe and my Apostolic offerings to help you out. Your questions are very small by the Grace of God upon my life. Am not joking now.....After all, your pastors teach that, where you FEED is where you "pay" or "give" your TITHE to. In this case, me as an Apostle of faith, called to teach the way of God, I want, not only Tithe but also an Apostolic offerings.

LOL Deacon Goshen, i guess i cant argue with that. prophets got bills too grin grin i shall start a collection
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by buzugee(m): 8:01pm On Jun 07, 2012
ijawkid:

Ok let me start trying with matthew 27:52....

I know many will think that d bodies that were arisen from there graves experienced ressurection or came to life literally...

But here's my lil understanding along with other scriptures to back it up...

At matthew 27:52, whoever “the holy ones” were, Matthew did not say they were raised up. He said their bodies, or corpses, were. Second, he did not say these bodies came to life. He said they were raised up, and the Greek verb e•gei'ro, meaning to “raise up,” does not always refer to a resurrection. It can, among other things, also mean to “lift out” from a pit or to “get up” from the ground. (Matthew 12:11; 17:7; Luke 1:69) The upheaval at Jesus’ death opened tombs, tossing lifeless bodies into the open. Such occurrences during earthquakes were reported in the second century C.E. by Greek writer Aelius Aristides and more recently, in 1962, in Colombia.
This view of the event harmonizes with Bible teachings. In 1 Corinthians chapter 15, the apostle Paul gives convincing proof of the resurrection, but he completely ignores Matthew 27:52, 53. So do all other Bible writers. (Acts 2:32, 34) The corpses raised up at Jesus’ death could not have come to life,for on the third day thereafter, Jesus became “the firstborn from the dead.” (Colossians 1:18) The “holy ones,” were promised a share in the first resurrection during Christ’s presence, not in the first century.—1 Thessalonians 3:13; 4:14-17.

Hope I tried my comrade buzugeee.....

Lol

nice account and enthralling read. keep in mind i am not here to judge anyone's answers. I am trying to learn from you guys. iron sharpens iron. we all have our opinions.
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by buzugee(m): 8:02pm On Jun 07, 2012
ijawkid:

Come take..................lol

lets collect the money that jingles and not the one that crumples, for Deacon Goshen grin
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by Goshen360(m): 8:05pm On Jun 07, 2012
buzugee: LOL Deacon Goshen, i guess i cant argue with that. prophets got bills too grin grin i shall start a collection

Buzugee,

Why are you demoting me naw? Huh? I am an Apostle NOT a Deacon please. Okay. Anyway, I will help you shortly. Just because it's you as my brother. Say if na Ijawkid as this kind kweshion now....Trust me, my tithe and Apostolic offerings shall not pass me by grin grin grin
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by buzugee(m): 8:09pm On Jun 07, 2012
Goshen360:

Buzugee,

Why are you demoting me naw? Huh? I am an Apostle NOT a Deacon please. Okay. Anyway, I will help you shortly. Just because it's you as my brother. Say if na Ijawkid as this kind kweshion now....Trust me, my tithe and Apostolic offerings shall not pass me by grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin Its that alzeihmers i got, Apostle Goshen. The alzeihmers got me confusing Apostle with Deacon. LOL
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by ijawkid(m): 8:20pm On Jun 07, 2012
Goshen360:

Buzugee,

Lol.....

But just promise us that when we rake in d tithes u won't run off to purchase a bombadier challenger...lol

If not we go fight wrestling ooo
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by ijawkid(m): 8:23pm On Jun 07, 2012
buzugee: lets collect the money that jingles and not the one that crumples, for Deacon Goshen grin

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe

We gon be d under-priests collecting d tithes and goshen will be d high priest waiting in d holy of holies to receive all of it.....lol

Oya buzugee start collecting from d 1st columÑ ï'll do for d 2nd
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by buzugee(m): 8:35pm On Jun 07, 2012
ijawkid:

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe

We gon be d under-priests collecting d tithes and goshen will be d high priest waiting in d holy of holies to receive all of it.....lol

Oya buzugee start collecting from d 1st columÑ ï'll do for d 2nd
am way ahead of you Chief, i done collected from all the aisles and pews. wasnt enough though. just enough to cover a meal of eba and pomo. that ought to be enough for Apostle Goshens lunch grin grin grin grin
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by Goshen360(m): 9:15pm On Jun 07, 2012
Okay, here we go. I will start with the third question. 2 Peter 3:12. However, because verse 12 is a continuation of verse 11. I will add verse 11 for clarification purpose.

Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner [of persons] ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, v11

looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? v12.

You see, everything is all about context when you interpret the scriptures.

From verse 11, Apostle Peter began to tell us through the Holy Spirit that "since ALL THESE THINGS" will be dissolved, meaning heaven and earth will pass away. Since we have this knowledge that "all things" will be dissolved or pass away, how do we ought to live? We ought to live in holy conduct and godliness. With our holy living and godliness (vs.11) then we looking for (vs 12) and hastening the coming of the day of God. Hastening, the Greek word speudo which mean "hurry by extra effort" by our holy and Godly living. Hey, this does not mean the Lord does not know when he will return (Matt. 24:36; Acts 17:31). But when God set that day, it will happen after all his purpose for saving believers and building his kingdom in this present age had been accomplished and those purpose are accomplished when God works with human agents to bring them to past. Therefore, when Christians share the gospel with others (Matt 6:10) and advance the kingdom of God here on earth, they do "hasten" the fulfillment of God's purpose, including Christ's return according to Matthew 24:14.

The Apostle went further to tell us what will happen when the day of God comes, he said, "because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat". What heaven[b]S[/b] is he talking about? This heaven is in PLURAL with "s". There are three heavens in the bible, NOT seven. First is the abode of God and usually called heaven of heavens. Second and Third are the 2 heavens that belongs to our earth. The heaven called firmament which is our immediate sky (Gen. 1:8 ) Another heaven that belongs to our earth is the outer space, starry heaven where the sun, moon and stars are fixed in orbit. Gen 1:17, Isa. 40:22, Ps 19:4-6. Stars and other heavenly bodies been talked about here in 2 Peter 3:12 are NOT in our immediate sky.

So we have two heavens being referred to by Apostle Peter. How do I know? Simple because of the context that says, "and the elements". The elements here are the heavenly bodies known as the stars, moon and sun. They will all melt away and dissolved by fire at the coming of the day of God when there shall be a new earth and new heaven. The Apostle is NOT including the heaven that is the abode place of God but rather, the heavens that man explore. So verse 12 is telling us what will happen at the day of God or how the Lord will destroy this earth and heavens for a new heaven and a new earth.

1 Like

Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by Goshen360(m): 9:21pm On Jun 07, 2012
Am doing the second question....coming shortly.
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by Goshen360(m): 9:49pm On Jun 07, 2012
For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast [them] down to hell, and delivered [them] into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; 2 Peter 2:4 kjv

PARALLELS WITH Jude v 6,

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

In 2 Peter 2:4, it was "IF" God spared not the angels that sinned....it simply means God is not going to spare "sinners". What sin are we talking about here? We have to search out what was the sin of the angel that were not spared which applies to the sin of those that God will not spare also. In Jude verse 6, it was the sin of ungodliness (Jude 3) and sin of perverting of the grace of God as license for immoral living. it is also the sin of denying God and Jesus Christ. What is the sin of the angels that were not spared in 2 peter 2:4? it is the sin of rebellion because these angels rebelled with Lucifer.

These angels are Lucifer (Eze. 28: 11-17; Isa. 14:12-14, Luke 10:18 )

Angels who rebelled with Lucifer (Rev 12:3, 7-12) and the became destined to hell with Satan or Lucifer (Matt. 25:41, Isa. 24:21) and in Jude v 6 and 2 Pet. 2:4, they are called angel[b]S[/b] with plural, meaning it's not one but more than one apart from Lucifer.

So 2 peter is telling us, For "if" God spared not them those angels, God will not spare people who engage in such sins also according to Jude v 5. May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by ZUBY77(m): 9:59pm On Jun 07, 2012
buzugee: grin grin grin grin i see yall coming with the comedy and jokes but no answers ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How can one explain or interpret what he doesnt understand? Its like asking a one year old baby to go and cook his own food.
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by Goshen360(m): 10:06pm On Jun 07, 2012
@ Buzugee,

I have to go out now. I will help with the first question in due time. Okay. Until then, keep study and searching the word. Thanks brother and please, by the time I come back, make my tithe and APOSTOLIC offerings don ready o because I dey feed you with the word now, you should feed me too. grin grin grin Besides, try change the title of this thread (just a suggestion) because am NOT or we are NOT a bible scholars here, WE ARE BIBLE TEACHERS. Nothing like bible scholars in the bible but "And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues" 1 Cor. 12:28 Kjv. You now see why am an Apostle....the "sent" one, am following in the first order. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by buzugee(m): 11:38pm On Jun 07, 2012
Goshen360: Okay, here we go. I will start with the third question. 2 Peter 3:12. However, because verse 12 is a continuation of verse 11. I will add verse 11 for clarification purpose.

Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner [of persons] ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, v11

looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? v12.

You see, everything is all about context when you interpret the scriptures.

From verse 11, Apostle Peter began to tell us through the Holy Spirit that "since ALL THESE THINGS" will be dissolved, meaning heaven and earth will pass away. Since we have this knowledge that "all things" will be dissolved or pass away, how do we ought to live? We ought to live in holy conduct and godliness. With our holy living and godliness (vs.11) then we looking for (vs 12) and hastening the coming of the day of God. Hastening, the Greek word speudo which mean "hurry by extra effort" by our holy and Godly living. Hey, this does not mean the Lord does not know when he will return (Matt. 24:36; Acts 17:31). But when God set that day, it will happen after all his purpose for saving believers and building his kingdom in this present age had been accomplished and those purpose are accomplished when God works with human agents to bring them to past. Therefore, when Christians share the gospel with others (Matt 6:10) and advance the kingdom of God here on earth, they do "hasten" the fulfillment of God's purpose, including Christ's return according to Matthew 24:14.

The Apostle went further to tell us what will happen when the day of God comes, he said, "because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat". What heaven[b]S[/b] is he talking about? This heaven is in PLURAL with "s". There are three heavens in the bible, NOT seven. First is the abode of God and usually called heaven of heavens. Second and Third are the 2 heavens that belongs to our earth. The heaven called firmament which is our immediate sky (Gen. 1:8 ) Another heaven that belongs to our earth is the outer space, starry heaven where the sun, moon and stars are fixed in orbit. Gen 1:17, Isa. 40:22, Ps 19:4-6. Stars and other heavenly bodies been talked about here in 2 Peter 3:12 are NOT in our immediate sky.

So we have two heavens being referred to by Apostle Peter. How do I know? Simple because of the context that says, "and the elements". The elements here are the heavenly bodies known as the stars, moon and sun. They will all melt away and dissolved by fire at the coming of the day of God when there shall be a new earth and new heaven. The Apostle is NOT including the heaven that is the abode place of God but rather, the heavens that man explore. So verse 12 is telling us what will happen at the day of God or how the Lord will destroy this earth and heavens for a new heaven and a new earth.
BRILLIANT!!!!!! great read. very enlightening.
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by buzugee(m): 11:47pm On Jun 07, 2012
Goshen360: For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast [them] down to hell, and delivered [them] into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; 2 Peter 2:4 kjv

PARALLELS WITH Jude v 6,

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

In 2 Peter 2:4, it was "IF" God spared not the angels that sinned....it simply means God is not going to spare "sinners". What sin are we talking about here? We have to search out what was the sin of the angel that were not spared which applies to the sin of those that God will not spare also. In Jude verse 6, it was the sin of ungodliness (Jude 3) and sin of perverting of the grace of God as license for immoral living. it is also the sin of denying God and Jesus Christ. What is the sin of the angels that were not spared in 2 peter 2:4? it is the sin of rebellion because these angels rebelled with Lucifer.

These angels are Lucifer (Eze. 28: 11-17; Isa. 14:12-14, Luke 10:18 )

Angels who rebelled with Lucifer (Rev 12:3, 7-12) and the became destined to hell with Satan or Lucifer (Matt. 25:41, Isa. 24:21) and in Jude v 6 and 2 Pet. 2:4, they are called angel[b]S[/b] with plural, meaning it's not one but more than one apart from Lucifer.

So 2 peter is telling us, For "if" God spared not them those angels, God will not spare people who engage in such sins also according to Jude v 5. May God help us.
Nice one Chief and i appreciate the effort. Great read.
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by buzugee(m): 11:48pm On Jun 07, 2012
ZUBY77:

How can one explain or interpret what he doesnt understand? Its like asking a one year old baby to go and cook his own food.
thats why i specified ' brilliant bible scholars ' undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Archaeology Confirms The Bible / The Main Thing In Life / Did Allah Make Adultery Lawful For Mohammed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.