Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Opening A Nigerian Account From Abroad - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Opening A Nigerian Account From Abroad (2561 Views)

Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? / PHOTOS: Lady Gets The Shock Of Her Life After Opening A New Baby Cream / Court Dissolves 3-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lack Of Vagina Opening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opening A Nigerian Account From Abroad by MissIfe(f): 9:53am On Jun 07, 2012
Yes, I know, it's not a family section topic, but I'd rather have my trusted family e-friends to answer embarassed

I was wondering if anybody had advices on how to open a bank account in nigeria from abroad. I'd need an account in euros that I can monitor online and use to make transfers to/from my account here. It would preferably be a joint account for hubby and I.

Do you know what banks offer such services (and are reliable) ? I've read all sorts of comments on the web, so I don't know what to believe or not (about internet banking not working, cost etc.).

Another thing, if there is no way for us to open an account without going to nigeria, can I open a joint account for hubby and I by going there just myself (knowing I'm not nigerian myself)?

thanks for your help smiley
Re: Opening A Nigerian Account From Abroad by bugmenot: 2:43am On Jun 08, 2012
Most nigerian banks now have some sort of diaspora account or the other. These accounts are targeted at Nigerians in the diaspora. I'd recommend GTBank, theirs is called Non Resident Nigerian account and I've had good experience with them. Account currency can be naira, USD, or euro. Take a look at their website or that of any other bank you might be interested in. I've also had good experience with their online services. They're quick to respond to emails, and their telephone customer service is very good. Be warned that there are some items they refuse to release to third parties, and you may have to spend money to courier forms to them. Good luck!

(1) (Reply)

How A Father Slept With His Daughter 13y In Lagos. / Am I Safe With My Decision / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.