Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Burning Question: Why Don’t Men Wear Engagement Rings? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Burning Question: Why Don’t Men Wear Engagement Rings? (1000 Views)

Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights / My Engagement aω̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ Wedding Pictures / Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burning Question: Why Don’t Men Wear Engagement Rings? by matoyeh(m): 1:42pm On Jun 07, 2012
I asked these several time...Why Don’t Men Wear Engagement Rings? i have more than 20 married men in my office, but just two wear their engagement ring, why
Re: Burning Question: Why Don’t Men Wear Engagement Rings? by Deprofessional(m): 5:17pm On Jun 07, 2012
Because Men engage women and not women men.
Re: Burning Question: Why Don’t Men Wear Engagement Rings? by Maisuya1: 5:59pm On Jun 07, 2012
Because it is not my culture!
Re: Burning Question: Why Don’t Men Wear Engagement Rings? by Dimples316(f): 10:39pm On Jun 07, 2012
The question should have been why a good number of married men don't wear their wedding band, not the engagement ring.

I had a conversation with a married friend yesterday,and I asked him why he wasn't wearing his band.

I told him the band quickly lets a woman know if a man is still open to the market or not, and that for decent women the wedding band actually keeps them at arms length, prompting them to respect his union.

He laughed real hard and told me that from his experience the band only attracts us women like bees to honey. shockedshockedshockedshocked

I no fit shout ooo.
Re: Burning Question: Why Don’t Men Wear Engagement Rings? by drnoel: 11:22pm On Jun 07, 2012
Dimples 316: The question should have been why a good number of married men don't wear their wedding band, not the engagement ring.

I had a conversation with a married friend yesterday,and I asked him why he wasn't wearing his band.

I told him the band quickly lets a woman know if a man is still open to the market or not, and that for decent women the wedding band actually keeps them at arms length, prompting them to respect his union.

He laughed real hard and told me that from his experience the band only attracts us women like bees to honey. shockedshockedshockedshocked

I no fit shout ooo.

he is right. I´ve had far more offers after I got married that b4. By the way I wear my wedding band. One lady I asked told me, married men have an aura that women can´t resist. Anoda one said, the fact that a man is married and he can´t be gotten makes some ladies try to conqure him. I smiled at that one.
Re: Burning Question: Why Don’t Men Wear Engagement Rings? by Dimples316(f): 11:51pm On Jun 07, 2012
drnoel

Are you serious? Its actually the other way round for me,I try to avoid married men like a plague.When I meet a man I fancy or one who fancies me, the first thing I do is to check if he is wearing a band.

The band disqualifies a potential date, If I don't see one I am quick to ask about marital status. The sad thing though is that I am often attracted to older men,men who are about 6 - 20 years older than me and who are also attracted to me.

I feel very at ease with that age group but you guessed right such men are already married.

(1) (Reply)

. / Judge Tells Living Man That He’s Still Legally Dead / Couple Leaving Bathroom/toilet Door Open Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.