Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,699 members, 7,805,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? (16800 Views)

Poll: Can Superman lift Mjolnir?

Dude are you kidding me? He's Superman! Of course he can lift it.: 50% (4 votes)
Only Thor and Odin can. Not even Loki did, so how can Superman?: 50% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Did superman actually die??? :O / Superman Vs Hulk (your Opinion) / THE EVOLUTION OF SUPERMAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by firestar(f): 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2012
^Uh-ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... shocked
....What's with her cape and stylized sideburns? Diana looks like Thor's consort. angry

1 Like

Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Vieira(m): 12:52am On Jun 12, 2012
Hahahahha I no know o!
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Next2Bezee(m): 1:22am On Jun 12, 2012
Vieira:

I like DC as well o, but my preference is Marvel.

To prove I no hate DC, Wonderwoman has been deemed one of the view worthy to weild Mjolnir

Jor-El? He is just a scientist, why do you think he is worthy to wield Mjolnir?

I think wielding Mjolnir has something to do with a Warrior's instinct and part of that is the desire to kill, That was why hulk was able to lift it and superman can't. Even Pre-Crisis Superman....
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by ghostofsparta(m): 6:07am On Jun 12, 2012
Vieira:

They are all from comics, how else should we view it now?

Agreed if in flight then Mjolnir can be redirected by certain peeps but not picking it up themselves and throwing.

Beyond Asgard? They are both from otherworldly realms where they are deemed gods. Telekinesis does not help. Plus Darksied can't even beat Superman self and ordinary Batman disgraced him recently.
Darksied na wannabe jare

Darkseid has beaten Superman just as Doomsday too had done...don't get me wrong...by beaten I don't mean killed...I mean within combat......Batman outsmarting Darksied in that cartoon doesn't imply he can beat him....what do you expect from cartoons and comics...the villain can't win ofcourse.
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Next2Bezee(m): 7:40am On Jun 12, 2012
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Feraz(m): 10:48am On Jun 12, 2012
Vieira:

I like DC as well o, but my preference is Marvel.

To prove I no hate DC, Wonderwoman has been deemed one of the view worthy to weild Mjolnir

Jor-El? He is just a scientist, why do you think he is worthy to wield Mjolnir?

reason being he's not just a scientist but i can "liken" him to being a god since he's quite versatile with the universe unlike some of his counterparts....Besides, i'm very sure if he were to appear in the marvel world, he must have done some research on arsgard and most likely mjolnir won't escape his consciousness......
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by passionate88: 11:03pm On Jun 16, 2012
interesting arguements....
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by iice(f): 3:56pm On Jun 18, 2012
Feraz: yeah.....another marvel fan i know after you.....not trying to divert from the topic but i believe his father can wield it....that is jor el.....
From what i read on wiki, superman can't wield it because he doesn't have the killing intent.....seems like the hammer can perceive those who would be ready to kill.....

Nah, just that Vieira is more capable of keeping track of the comic world. Me, i get lost sometimes.
Like him, though i'm big on DC too. Being that my most favorite hero is from DC world but then, my worst is also from there. Lol

I don't think though, that the killing intent is the key. After all Captain America is the ultimate Boy Scout. Superman, has dark edges.
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by snthesis(m): 2:50pm On Jun 20, 2012
iice: No. Yes strength is needed, but importantly only those deemed worthy can wield it. So far only Captain America, Beta Ray Bill, The Red Norvell and Thor have wielded it. Gah. Soo geeky lol.
wow! never heard of two of the characters U mentioned - and i thot i was a comic fan.

@topic
not to sound condescending- there is really no point asking the question, cos the decision lies in the imagination of the Marvel/D.C team and a twist can easily be made to support any character lifting/not lifting the Mjolnir

1 Like

Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Mynd44: 10:52pm On Jun 25, 2012
You guys leave one point out. I once saw a cross over cartoon by Marvel and DC where Superman tried to lift the hammer without permission. After much show, he lifted it off the ground.
That shows that strength is necessary to infact lift it even if you cant wield it.
Heck if Superman can lift it, then darkseid will do more with it.
How come nobody is mentioning galacticus here?

1 Like

Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Mynd44: 11:11pm On Jun 25, 2012
And we also forget that superman haul whole planets. He will simply lift Asgad and throw it out of the nine realms. The only thing Doin has on Superman is magic but superman is much more stronger than any God. Hell if hulk could individually wreck Asgad and Superman will beat hulk what is the hammer?
*hisses*

1 Like

Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by snthesis(m): 9:35pm On Jun 27, 2012
DC made Superman too powerful that's why he had to die
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by PiccCephas(m): 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2013
Bawss1: I don't know about Superman but I think Magneto can seeing as he has power over all types of metals.

Magneto can't lift it ohhh, that thing is not metal, its magic. Thor can't just lift it cos he is strong, its the ritual that is at work.
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by PiccCephas(m): 4:50pm On Jun 20, 2013
Superman can't lift it
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Suarezarises(m): 10:55pm On Jun 20, 2013
ghostofsparta:

Who doesn't know Odin the Allfather, see you are only right if looking at it from the comic world, let's try and visualize them into our reality and you'd think Darkseid or Doomsday would require permission to wield it. At worst they might not be able to completely wield it but at least would haul it back in a counter attack when gripped in mid-air and am sure the 2Ds can also resist it the hammer with ease. I could adjust my views by saying that since Mjonlier was created from the heart/energy of a dying star while Darkseid's age/Tech in his realm of exitence is beyond Asgard so logically Darkseid would probably even control Mjonlier with his super telekinesis.
hahaha...i laff...
i don't think you know who ODIN is.
Are we talking about the Odin who forged the hammer himself..
Or someone who has the power to capture the energy from a supernova, transform it into a hammer, named it mjolnir, casted a spell on it for weilding rights and bla bla bla...
What are we talking about?

To the topic i think superman can 'lift' it by virtue of power but he cannot 'weild' it.

1 Like

Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by TonySpike: 9:09am On Jun 21, 2013
Has anyone here ever watched "The Dark Knight Returns" comic strip or the cartoon. I saw the ageing Batman beat Superman black and blue...lol

Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Proffdada: 10:17am On Jun 29, 2014
U've all 4gotten dat superman is weak against magic therefore he can't lift it
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by mikolo80: 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2014
Feraz: ...pardon my ignorance but marvel and DC....when was he given permission to do that.....and the link to that
wondered how long before somebody pointed this out.2 diff comic universes
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Kezifils(m): 3:23pm On Jul 01, 2014
Superman has proved himself worthy. If thats the criteria for lifting the Hammer, then yes he can.
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by wintersnow(m): 7:18am On Jul 02, 2014
can't believe grown ups could be easily brainwashed by imaginary super hero comic characters...

anyways Superman can weild that shit!!..
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by TonySpike: 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2014
wintersnow: can't believe grown ups could be easily brainwashed by imaginary super hero comic characters...

We all know they are both fictional characters. However, it's always interesting to make a comparison of such characters.

Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Fatbrett2: 9:45pm On Jun 10, 2015
Yes, he can, and he has:

Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Jaymaestro(m): 9:31am On Jun 11, 2015
ancient.
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Jaymaestro(m): 9:38am On Jun 11, 2015
wintersnow:
can't believe grown ups could be easily brainwashed by imaginary super hero comic characters...

Lol .preferences . Mjolnir is everything but no poo !
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by kachi19: 6:42am On Mar 31, 2016
Are you F**kin kidding me If Ultron can wield the mjlnoir, then ultimately superman can. He's SUPERMAN :O
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by kachi19: 6:43am On Mar 31, 2016
snthesis:
DC made Superman too powerful that's why he had to die

He didn't die. It was just a cinematic experiment
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Mynd44: 6:46am On Mar 31, 2016
kachi19:

He didn't die. It was just a cinematic experiment
I guess y'all didn't see that the sand on the casket move after Lois Lane poured sand on it.

BTW, why does superman die in every doomsday movie? Cos the monster in Batman vs Superman is doomsday
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by kachi19: 10:09am On Mar 31, 2016
Mynd44:

I guess y'all didn't see that the sand on the casket move after Lois Lane poured sand on it.

BTW, why does superman die in every doomsday movie? Cos the monster in Batman vs Superman is doomsday

Its what am saying; the DC board wanted to see how the DC fan universe would react to the reality of Superman's death and that's how the comic series is After Superman's doomsday the next volume is the death of superman; a world without the man-god, Superman - and also they wanted Bruce Wayne to form the justice league himself.
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Posman(m): 2:13pm On Mar 31, 2016
nxt comment
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Posman(m): 2:14pm On Mar 31, 2016
whats this argument about sef?
check YouTube, thr r vids done by comics lovers on whi has lifted the hammer.
thr is especially this one on the 10 superheroes whi have lifted the hammer... and spoiler alert! superman is thr. case closed

and PS. If the writers wld, sharzam wld lift it, he himself is an embodiment of magic
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Mynd44: 2:15pm On Mar 31, 2016
kachi19:
Are you F**kin kidding me If Ultron can wield the mjlnoir, then ultimately superman can. He's SUPERMAN :O
Ultron did not lift the hammer.
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by kachi19: 5:08pm On Mar 31, 2016
Mynd44:

Ultron did not lift the hammer.

Sorry not ultron but that guy that was suppose to be ultron before jarvis was uploaded into his system - that use Thor's hammer to end ultron

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"I Will Never Say Goodbye" Latest Filipino Soap In Nigeria / Deji Bademosi Now At TVC / Natasha And Selly Evicted From Big Brother Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.