Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos (11279 Views)

Photo Of Goodluck Jonathan On A Refuse Dump! / Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups / Goodluck Jonathan On A Shopping Spree Abroad...photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by aljharem(m): 2:09am On Jun 08, 2012
I must say it is always nice to see Niger-deltans like ENZO SCIFO and Jason talk. It means all hope is not lost
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:20am On Jun 08, 2012
alj harem: I must say it is always nice to see Niger-deltans like ENZO SCIFO and Jason talk. It means all hope is not lost

You really do have identity disorder like Obiagu said;If not,how can you be two person at the same time! You are one sick fhuck!

Today you are Alha harem,tomorow you are Jason and sometimes you float both names at the same time and interact with your own danm self! Chai!

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by igboboy1(m): 3:35am On Jun 08, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Just like the way this riffraff Igbos on NL take Yoruba kindness/tolerance as weakness.

One day, everybody will head back to their jungle to bear their father's name.

igbo dey sweet you for mouth...thread concerning urhobo and ijaw don turn to igbo now?

Yoruba this,toroba that? mscheeew....wetin una fit do sef. Since 1914 till today una just dey give us comprehension, discussion, talk talk, .....abeg take action so we no go think say na just mouth una dey...COWARD

1 Like

Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by aljharem(m): 3:38am On Jun 08, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

You really do have identity disorder like Obiagu said;If not,how can you be two person at the same time! You are one sick fhuck!

Today you are Alha harem,tomorow you are Jason and sometimes you float both names at the same time and interact with your own danm self! Chai!

lol i am not jason. you are just paranoid cry cry cry cry cry
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by Nobody: 3:45am On Jun 08, 2012
igbo boy:

igbo dey sweet you for mouth...thread concerning urhobo and ijaw don turn to igbo now?

Yoruba this,toroba that? mscheeew....wetin una fit do sef. Since 1914 till today una just dey give us comprehension, discussion, talk talk, .....abeg take action so we no go think say na just mouth una dey...COWARD

Whose the COWARD who constantly has Yoruba dancing in his mouth (FINGERS)?
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by NegroNtns(m): 3:52am On Jun 08, 2012
igbo boy:

. . .we brought free education, free health care, introduced mass communication through radio and tv to the populace, introduced equal rights for women to vote. Everyone of these programs was successful and grandfathered into legacies that Nigerians enjoy today from North to South, from West to East.

Now,. . . tell us what action your people have taken that has resulted in successful social progress for the country? You tree-hopping baboon!!

1 Like

Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by Nobody: 5:02am On Jun 08, 2012
For this govt to care only about ijaws only while marginalizing other ND people like uhrobo,isoko,itsekiri,bini,efik,ibibio and others is very bad,it leaves a sour taste in the mouth.why cant this govt extend devt to other SS communities?are the ND/SS people not supposed to be brothers/partners?
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by Nobody: 5:13am On Jun 08, 2012
and here i was thinking gej is presido of the nd

apparently he is prsident of the ijaws, by the ijaws and for the ijaws .smh
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by bashr8: 5:37am On Jun 08, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

. . .[s]we brought free education, free health care, introduced mass communication through radio and tv to the populace, introduced equal rights for women to vote. Everyone of these programs was successful and grandfathered into legacies that Nigerians enjoy today from North to South, from West to East.

Now,. . . tell us what action your people have taken that has resulted in successful social progress for the country? You tree-hopping baboon![/s]!
garbage , uptill today yorubaland and people lack all thse while others havemoved on , keep competing with the north in backwardness

1 Like

Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by ismhab(m): 5:40am On Jun 08, 2012
THANK GOD I VOTE GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN NOT PDP, TRIBALIST IT IS TIME FOR U TO REAP WHAT U HAVE SOWN, FRESH AIR.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by Murphy7h4: 6:26am On Jun 08, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]sure thing
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by Ozonna(m): 6:26am On Jun 08, 2012
Dis tread is about 2 be turned into Igbo/Yoruba tribal battle.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by deandavid(m): 6:30am On Jun 08, 2012
my opinion, gej might be marginalizing the urhobos and other ND tribes, but these guys are pdp politicians, they don't have development plan in their plan, i tell u, there is no difference between pdp's govt in terms of greed and corruptn and these guys. I know them, they are my brothers, they have turn my community into darkness and den of hoodlums/tauts.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by AbdulAdam56(m): 6:30am On Jun 08, 2012
Shege ebele u 4get them.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by goldng: 6:38am On Jun 08, 2012
Nigerians and tribalism. Hmmmmn.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by Nobody: 6:43am On Jun 08, 2012
urhobo marginalised by ijaw! battle of the minorities. very very interesting! grin
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by OneNaira6: 6:47am On Jun 08, 2012
Ozonna: Dis tread is about 2 be turned into Igbo/Yoruba tribal battle.

I hope igbo just ignore them sha.

As for thread

It is a shame GEJ is doing this if he is actually doing this. Anyway, I keep saying nto to everyone. Divide una no want, fight una no want, everyone wants to get their own share of the kobo. Whatever happens happens. It is not surprising GEJ is focusing on just his people, this is Nigeria after all.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by sylve11: 7:08am On Jun 08, 2012
Negro_Ntns: GEJ is conscious of what his Presidency means for the Ijaws. They have struggled for many decades, along with the Ogonis, to correct the systemic economic discrimination against their land and peoples.

In developed countries, landowners are issued monthly checques for use of their land (land lease) to explore and mine oil. In addition, they are also issued monthly checques as rolyalty (sometime as high as 15%) for sale of the mined product. Furthermore, the leasing oil enterprise is responsible for all the land management (waste disposal, toxic control, water quality test, etc. . . )

Why can't the landowners in Niger Delta enjoy the same rights as their counterparts in other parts of the globe?

In the helm of governmental control and authority, GEJ is trying to correct the wrongs. However, he also realise the consequence of his actions. . . .the Ijaw nation will never smell the corrider of power for perhaps another 50yrs after him. So it is imperative that while it lasts, he sqaunders the largese on his ethnic people by giving them posts and power.

exactly! cool
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by onthefence: 7:17am On Jun 08, 2012
Demdem:

av u apologised? i think i deserve it.

No you don't.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by texazzpete(m): 7:57am On Jun 08, 2012
Negro_Ntns: GEJ is conscious of what his Presidency means for the Ijaws. They have struggled for many decades, along with the Ogonis, to correct the systemic economic discrimination against their land and peoples.

In developed countries, landowners are issued monthly checques for use of their land (land lease) to explore and mine oil. In addition, they are also issued monthly checques as rolyalty (sometime as high as 15%) for sale of the mined product. Furthermore, the leasing oil enterprise is responsible for all the land management (waste disposal, toxic control, water quality test, etc. . . )

Why can't the landowners in Niger Delta enjoy the same rights as their counterparts in other parts of the globe?

In the helm of governmental control and authority, GEJ is trying to correct the wrongs. However, he also realise the consequence of his actions. . . .the Ijaw nation will never smell the corrider of power for perhaps another 50yrs after him. So it is imperative that while it lasts, he sqaunders the largese on his ethnic people by giving them posts and power.

Bullcrap. There are other countries in the world apart from the US, you know. There's no such largesse in Russia and China, for example.

The trillions of Naira funneled to the Niger Delta to 'correct the wrongs' over the past decade have largely been eaten by their leaders which the people turn around to adore and worship. See how many Deltans and Bayelsans idolize Ibori and Alams even after massive theft of state resources. Money for development is stolen at all levels in the Niger Delta.

I have a long standing challenge with people on Nairaland from the Niger Delta to point to ONE thing their Local Government chairman has done. Of the billions sent to local governments to carry out grassroot development programmes, virtually 95% of it is stolen without remorse.

Sadly, the educated ones like yourself are far more content spreading the same lazy arguments instead of taking the fight to many of the true oppressors.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by dont8(m): 8:35am On Jun 08, 2012
The solution to this 'our son' syndrome is true federalism, let the states or perhaps the regions have more power and resource control.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by buJu234: 8:40am On Jun 08, 2012
from my study of ur tribe (the Urhobos); i see u guys as very very unfaithful to urself.

if u should go underground and check; u will find one of ur Urhobo brothers as the chief mastermind of this stuff u re talking abt.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by ebamma(m): 8:49am On Jun 08, 2012
now na ijaw turn to chop make una no worry una time dey come.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by dont8(m): 8:52am On Jun 08, 2012
texazzpete:

Bullcrap. There are other countries in the world apart from the US, you know. There's no such largesse in Russia and China, for example.

The trillions of Naira funneled to the Niger Delta to 'correct the wrongs' over the past decade have largely been eaten by their leaders which the people turn around to adore and worship. See how many Deltans and Bayelsans idolize Ibori and Alams even after massive theft of state resources. Money for development is stolen at all levels in the Niger Delta.

I have a long standing challenge with people on Nairaland from the Niger Delta to point to ONE thing their Local Government chairman has done. Of the billions sent to local governments to carry out grassroot development programmes, virtually 95% of it is stolen without remorse.

Sadly, the educated ones like yourself are far more content spreading the same lazy arguments instead of taking the fight to many of the true oppressors.
Well said! Their myopic leaders keep churning out fish to them instead of teaching them how to fish, very sad indeed.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by probsolver: 8:56am On Jun 08, 2012
"Master the Art Of Installing CCTV (Security Cameras) In Less Than 60 Minutes, With This Proven, Easy To Understand E-Book" for free report send an email to cctvguide@yahoo.com or sms your email to 07065120844
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by bknight: 9:00am On Jun 08, 2012
Same urhobos that marginalize other minority tribes in delta state are making noise. Their delta ibo brothers have been shouting marginalization and nepotism for d past 13yrs. See appointments and selection for infrastructure citing. All key positions and major structures within d state remain with these same urhobos/ijaw communities.

I used to admire their activism (urhobo/ijaw youth leaders) and the fearless way they spoke when interviewed on air. But soon realized those gluttons only throw tantrums.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by Demdem(m): 9:08am On Jun 08, 2012
onthefence:

No you don't.

then shame on u idiot. U earlier thought am from ND.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by drnoel: 9:12am On Jun 08, 2012
Demdem: the battle for the control of the soul of the creeks has just commenced.

It came rather late. It won´t be the only battle that rises its head. Nigeria is such a silly country where militancy is revered and idolized and silence its regarded as weakness. People see all these things and they´d just keep coming since after they stress the government they get to be sent to the US for trainning, given millions of Naira or given political positions. This is just the beginning.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by Detongue: 9:13am On Jun 08, 2012
D Urhobos should not complain, d warri crisis was cause by dis greedy urhobo ppl.

When dey team up with d ijaws to fight dir commom enemy, dey thot all d goodies will come to dem so let dem lick dir wounds.
B rest assured dat u ppl will not get anything 4rm dis govt. Wicked and greedy ppl
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by malc619(m): 9:15am On Jun 08, 2012
buJu-234:
from my study of ur tribe (the Urhobos); i see u guys as very very unfaithful to urself.

if u should go underground and check; u will find one of ur Urhobo brothers as the chief mastermind of this stuff u re talking abt.

The so-called Urhobo elders under the guise of UPU-Urhobo Progressive Union, sold the birth-right of the Urhobo people.
These youths should take this WAR to their local chieftains [/b]who sold them out.
Even in Delta state, the Urhobos have no say in the current administration. All they have is a Deputy Governor who is actually Uduaghan's house boy. Many urhobo youths have been frustrated into Okada business to survive. Majority of the Okada men in Delta State are Urhobos. Some Urhobo youths have even had to change their names to Ijaw or Itsekiri names to enable them get jobs in Oil/Oil Servicing companies.

[b]A typical Urhobo man can sell his birthright for "A bottle of Ogogoro and a plate of pepper-soup"/b].. grin grin grin
If you doubt the above statement, ask Ibori when he returns from UK (I pray he doesn't return) he was a "birthright-buyer".......

and by the way.... [b]I AM PROUDLY URHOBO
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by emsquare(m): 9:25am On Jun 08, 2012
Kilode?!:

How this will solve the problems of hundreds of thousands of poor Urhobos, I'm yet to see.

~Oh we feel marginalized but just appoint our elites to go chop money and our problems will be solved~ LOL

Unparalled idiocy. .SMH

You can imagine!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Clampdown On Corrupt Nigerians Will Be Sustained –DSS Boss / Fayose Withdraws Murder Case Against APC Jide Awe, Others / 2019: Ex-militants Vow To Ensure Pmb’s Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.