Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,747 members, 7,802,288 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management (12675 Views)

ISIS Planted Bomb In Russian Crashed Plane - US Intelligence Suggests / Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) / Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by tEsLim(m): 7:47pm On Jun 07, 2012
The government should know that if the plane is found faulty the insurance company wont pay and will force the airline to take responsibilities instead.
Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by member479760: 8:39pm On Jun 07, 2012
LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) — Engines out, the pilot of the doomed Nigerian commercial airliner looked for somewhere to put down the aircraft, desperate for open space but finding only a sea of tin roofs and narrow dirt roads. Down below, people quietly rejoiced in their homes that erratic state-run electrical service had returned to their crowded neighborhood on the edge of the megacity of Lagos on a hot Sunday afternoon.
The crash on Sunday of the Dana Air flight killed 153 people on board the MD-83 jetliner and an undetermined number of people on the ground. The tragedy struck all of Nigeria's economic classes, from the state-run oil company executive riding on the plane to the working poor on the ground in the country's largest city. As investigators continue to probe what caused the crash, many fear another could happen in a country with a long history of aviation disasters that remains completely unprepared for large-scale emergencies.
It's not just those aboard aircraft who face danger, noted Ezekiel Adekunle, the son of a landlord whose apartment building was damaged in the crash.
"What about those people at home who didn't board any plane, but the plane came and crashed on them," he said.
It was the worst air disaster in nearly two decades for Nigeria, a nation where carriers have longed used aging aircraft and often operate under little government scrutiny. Some passengers clutch Muslim prayer beads or Bibles, softly praying or loudly calling out "Blood of Jesus" as airplanes hit turbulence. Applause and more prayers punctuate landings.
But flying is the quickest and safest way to move around a nation about twice the size of California with a crumbling network of roads that drivers in rickety buses and trucks speed along and where robbers lay in wait in the night.
Among diplomats and expatriate workers in the oil-rich nation, air travel often becomes a macabre cocktail party discussion, as people swear by one airline or whisper about rumored pending bankruptcies of others. Some of the smaller carriers rely on just one or two aircraft while the largest, Arik Air Ltd., has more than 20 airplanes.
Dana Air, owned by a wealthy family whose conglomerate sells everything from fruit juice to cars, had a fair reputation for on-time departures and safety. Politicians and government workers shuttling between Nigeria's central capital of Abuja to its seaside commercial capital of Lagos in the southwest were frequent passengers. Dana's fleet of five planes, all of them U.S.-made MD-83s, stood out among other airlines that rely on Boeing 737s. Passengers got Dana-branded drinks and sausage rolls on each flight.
On Sunday, airlines ran the normally reduced number of routes between Abuja and Lagos. The Dana Air MD-83, crewed by a pilot, co-pilot, a flight engineer and four flight attendants, had flown from Lagos to Abuja earlier in the day and was scheduled to depart the capital for Lagos at 2:13 p.m. for the return flight.
Abuja's Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport is undergoing renovations, so passenger squeeze into one waiting hall where large standing air conditioners cannot cool the hot and humid air fast enough. Those wanting to travel on Sunday crowded against each other, trying to obtain seats on the limited number of flights available. Omonigho Akinsanya was trying to travel back home to Lagos with her 5-year-old son Moyo after visiting her sister. She got angry when a man jumped the line and got one of the last tickets available on the Dana flight. Her other sister, Eseoghene Okor, got a seat and boarded the flight. The man's rudeness saved the lives of Akinsanya and her little boy.
Inside the full flight, a cross-section of Nigeria's elite sat in business class and coach. The son of a former vice president during Nigeria's military era, Ehime Aikhomu, sat in first class. Levi Ajuonuma, an executive and spokesman for the state-run Nigerian National Petroleum Corp., was nearby. Members of the Nigeria's military were scattered throughout the plane, as were employees of the country's Central Bank. The Anyenes, a Nigerian-American family of six from West Hartford, Connecticut, sat in coach. There were a total of nine Americans on board as well as a Briton, an Indian, a French citizen, at least four Chinese citizens, two Lebanese and a Canadian.
The flight taxied and took off into the dusty air outside of Abuja at 2:54 p.m., about 40 minutes later than scheduled. The plane banked and began heading south toward Lagos.
It remains unclear exactly what went wrong, but at 3:42 p.m., pilot Peter Waxton, an American from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, radioed Lagos' control tower and declared an emergency, saying both of the Pratt & Whitney engines that hang just below the plane's tail had failed. The MD-83 lost altitude, still miles from the airfield and surrounded by the sprawl of Lagos, a state home to more than 17.5 million.
In the final moments, the aircraft neared a small open space in the crowded neighborhood of Iju-Ishaga, about nine kilometers (five miles) short of Lagos' Murtala Muhammed International Airport. The plane barely passed over an uncompleted building before sheering off the top of a mango tree. The belly of the airplane crashed into an empty house. Its nose smashed into a three-story apartment building.
On the ground, Abiodun Adeniyi had turned on a PlayStation, happy that electrical power had returned to his neighborhood just ahead of the Nigeria-Namibia FIFA qualifying soccer match at 4 p.m. Without noise or warning, the plane came down. Debris penetrated his roof and rained down. Some struck his cousin's baby, only bruising her face. One of the plane's wings destroyed the rooms of two men who had joined Adeniyi only minutes earlier.
As the plane burned, sending acrid white smoke that stung the eyes into the air, thousands gathered around the crash site, taking pictures with their mobile phones and rummaging through debris. It took emergency workers about 20 minutes to reach the site over the narrow, crooked dirt roads. Even then, there wasn't enough water to put out the flames. Residents tried to put out the fire by throwing water from small plastic buckets.
Night fell, and private water tankers from nearby construction sites rumbled toward the site, but couldn't get through because cars of onlookers and security officials blocked the road. Soldiers and police tore away pieces of scrap lumber to strike those who wouldn't step back from the shattered and smoldering plane.
As of Thursday, it remains unclear how many people in total died in the crash. Government officials have said they likely won't know until they complete forensic testing, which could take weeks. Meanwhile, bulldozers have leveled the remains of the buildings struck by the plane, turning it into an eerily empty lot of airplane parts where security officers were seen thumbing through the pages of a torn family photo album.
Adeniyi had immediately packed his belongings and those of his neighbors as the fire still raged from the airplane. Some people approached and began moving his possessions. He thought they were lending a hand. Instead they just walked away with them. Adeniyi doesn't care all that much.
"I just thank God that I did not die," he said. "I'm alive."
Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by LearnBook: 8:40pm On Jun 07, 2012
enyojo: I got this list from Planespotters.net, a civil aviation database with 200000+ photos and information on 30000+ aircrafts. And what you will find after the cut is a comprehensive list of all aircrafts used in Nigeria and their ages. There's actually a 40+ year old plane flying in Nigeria. Wow! See it after the cut...

Here is the same info - the african virtual school shows it http://www.africanvirtualschool.com/average-age-of-nigerian-aircraft/ .
Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by Beautymc(f): 8:41pm On Jun 07, 2012
OAM4J: Let's wait for the official investigation. Except that most investigations in Nigeria are hopeless.
After that, will the dead people come back?
Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by Nwoka(m): 8:51pm On Jun 07, 2012
Ur fada dia.....since when did iju become a landing point??
Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by Jiah011(f): 9:49pm On Jun 07, 2012
So has the investigation been completed already? Where are these people getting their presumptions from? From the shoddy records of the planes maintenance history? Till today, there is still confusion on a number of things such as the manifest presented and if it was of those who bought tickets or those who actually boarded the plan. How about the people on the ground of which there has been no mention of the number of casualties or the damage to residential areas? Plans do not just drop out of the sky. The pilot was an experienced pilot also who had flown that air route before. There are so many things that need to be investigated. I tire for these people in leadership. At least give this investigation a chance to be completed. The black box has not even been analyzed yet and its findings presented. These bush people parading as elites have ruined Nigeria. Killers of truth with corruption in their dark souls. At least do not let these people die in vain like the millions before that have been mercilessly wasted in this country known as Nigeria.
Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by Trustyd1(m): 10:23pm On Jun 07, 2012
iyke619: The crash has d mark of satan on it,showin dat there were some spiritual/occultic ritual undertone to it. Imagine there were 153 pple on board:1+5+3=9.plane crashed @ 3:30pm: 3+3+0=6. Date of crash: 3/6/12: (3+6)+6+6(12)=9+6+6. U can see the satanic nos. 9 & 6 in d whole thing. Nigeria beware. The powers dat be are sacrificin Nigerians 4 more powers.

Abegi analyser leave us. Na everything be ritual. All I know is that; the devil did it.
Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by Trustyd1(m): 10:49pm On Jun 07, 2012
Where is my waste bin? Nonsense.
musiwa.,:
I think they crash that that plane. You see after nearly 100 bombing by Northerners how can you say they want you. They say, they want to leave, let them leave. Can you sleep with a woman by force. No. So if tinubu want to sell oando oil. Do every Yoruba or nigeria person have to die for tinubu money or Mike Adenuga money or someone to make money.

Look the navigation aid use most have had remote access from abuja. Which is normal in all system for protection. Where do Boko Haram leave Abuja. They are not happy with you. What do you expect from people who bomb you 100 times..

It is only a fool that remain in a country after 100 bombing.. i have said over and over break up Nigeria. it is the only solution.

Most of your are not educated.. When you people go and read art uko.. Your lifes are in dangers from Airport to even your cars and banks. Abuja (boko Haram control everything) so they can kill all of you any time they want.

That why I said break up Nigeria. You hospital have system that can be hack, transportation and others..

And you have Boko haram (abuja controlling it) what do you think will happen to you. you are all going to die.

Look they tried to frame me for arm importation this is how desperate they are..

Do you know anyone who want to be minority.. Instead of talking about break up of Nigeria, you are talking of one yeye things like Goodluck 2015, Buhari 2015, El rufia 2015, fashola 2015 or tinubu or oando oil or globacom etc.. You people are sick in the head..

Even if Jonathan resign, is sambo, david mark and aminu not part of Goodlcuk govt. if they were the solution to nigeria problem. tell me why do you think Nigeria have problem. they are not the solution to Nigeria problem.

I
t shoul not be about anyone selfishness to get power and call himself president of Nigeria.. It should not be Goodluck or Buhari or fashola.. It should be about how to protect people.

they brough down that plane because of the satellite pictures.. they may have taken control of the plane system from abuja or kano.. they have power to do that, since all your system are link together. and all the base are in the north. They can kill any of you, any time.

You have to hand over all airport to state.. compare katsina state airport to Katsina university. Does it look like katsina state govt can not control the airport. They can control the airport. You hand over all airport to state like it is done all over the world. there is no where federal govt control airport. It is not safe to have federal govt control it.

even over here airport are so sensitive.. Now image MOSSOB or MEND been send to hand kano airport. How many people will die in Kano..

they most have log on to a remote access from the north and crash the plane. they hack my phone and they can track you with the phone.. since they control everything from abuja.. so I shut down the phone.

After people bomb you 100 times how can you still think Nigeria can be one.. Only a fool thinks nigeria will remain one. If they are so bold to bomb the united nation office, do you think Northerners are not ready to kill any of You. they will kill you.

The only solution is to break up Nigeria. How many muslim do you know wear military boot to prayer.... See picture.. and you think they will not fight you. you people are fool. over 100 bombing and you still believe in Nigeria. you are a mugu.. wake up idioot. and smell your gravel.

The location tell me , they crash the plane because of the satellite pictures..

Do muslim wear military boot to prayer.. mugu
Ask any military man . Nigeria is already in a civil war..

Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by guyla: 11:52pm On Jun 07, 2012
I dont knw what dis ogboro man of doubtful integrity is blabing, i read here a day after the crash, though i cant remember which topic now, but a guy narated how he boarded dis ill fated flight on 23rd of may, he said while waitin at departure hall, he saw some philipine engineers drainin hydraulic underneath d plane, he said they removed a part dat they never replaced, he workd up to them nd expressd his concern, but d engineers refered him to d pilot after identifying himself, d late pilot tried to allay his fears nd asured him dat he wont fly if d plane its nt wel fixed. They eventualy landed safely nd d pilot waitd 4 him at d door shook his hand nd smiled, as if sayin i told u d plane will make it. Please is there any othr person dat wil corroborate dis story, the plane was sick!
Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by Guapo(m): 12:12am On Jun 08, 2012
guyla: I dont knw what dis ogboro man of doubtful integrity is blabing, i read here a day after the crash, though i cant remember which topic now, but a guy narated how he boarded dis ill fated flight on 23rd of may, he said while waitin at departure hall, he saw some philipine engineers drainin hydraulic underneath d plane, he said they removed a part dat they never replaced, he workd up to them nd expressd his concern, but d engineers refered him to d pilot after identifying himself, d late pilot tried to allay his fears nd asured him dat he wont fly if d plane its nt wel fixed. They eventualy landed safely nd d pilot waitd 4 him at d door shook his hand nd smiled, as if sayin i told u d plane will make it. Please is there any othr person dat wil corroborate dis story, the plane was sick!

Yea u are right. I read dat particular post too.
Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by Nobody: 1:06am On Jun 08, 2012
@iyke619

Are u like 6 yrs old
Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by odedipapa(m): 1:54am On Jun 08, 2012
iyke619: The crash has d mark of satan on it,showin dat there were some spiritual/occultic ritual undertone to it. Imagine there were 153 pple on board:1+5+3=9.plane crashed @ 3:30pm: 3+3+0=6. Date of crash: 3/6/12: (3+6)+6+6(12)=9+6+6. U can see the satanic nos. 9 & 6 in d whole thing. Nigeria beware. The powers dat be are sacrificin Nigerians 4 more powers.
Young man,what is ur problem? Den u r anti-christ wit Rey Mysterio abi?
Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by LagosShia: 1:56am On Jun 08, 2012
musiwa.,:

those pictures you posted of Muslim men in black belong to the Islamic Movement of Nigeria,a Shia Muslim organization with its headquarters in Zaria.those pictures do not belong to the wahhabi terrorists,boko haram.

those men in the pictures and also women and children are taken during Ashura commemoration/processions,a religious holiday marking and also re-enacting the martyrdom/beheading of Imam Hussain (as),the beloved grandson of Prophet Muhammad (sa) and third holy Imam revered by Shia Muslims.Imam Hussain (as) was martyred by the Ummayads,the pioneers of wahhabism/salafism that boko haram adheres to.so do not mistake the Islamic Movement of Nigeria (a Shia Islamic organization) for boko haram (an Extremist Wahhabi aka salafist group from the Sunni branch of Islam).

please get your facts straight before using propaganda to tarnish the image of people.

here is the official website of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria,led by Sheikh Ibrahim al-Zakzaky:

http://www.islamicmovement.org/
Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by ogochukwunasa1: 2:14am On Jun 08, 2012

this guy is the most foolish person in Nigeria
Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by pplsroundtable: 4:37am On Jun 08, 2012
Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by Biggyd2: 8:52am On Jun 08, 2012
So Dana who is fooling who? You now agree that there was a fault? Please people involved should start suing Dana immediately. See link below someone abroad has done so already. A class action could help as well(Barr Onyekachi Ubani current NBA Chairman -ikeja is collating a list of those interested in the class action). You might be told that your matter is statute barred by the time you are 'ready' if you don't act soon.

http://www.pilotafrica.com/2012/06/07/man-sues-in-us-over-dana-crash-airline-admits-engine-failure/
Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 08, 2012
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LAMENTATIONS OF AN AIRCRAFT
My name is MD 83
I was manufactured in 1990
Acquired by Alaska airline

For 12 years
I served my masters
With might and strength
And made them smile
To the banks

Until November 4, 2002
When I developed engine faults
And had to make emergency diversion
due to smoke in my cabin
Passengers disembarked alive.

On August 20, 2006
I was again evacuated after landing at the Long Beach, CA
Again,
due to smoke in my cabin
Passengers disembarked alive

Concerned about my air worthiness
Alaska Airline parked me
Until Sept. 11, 2008 for repairs
And shifted my burdens to Dana Air, Nigeria
On February, 2009

On arrival
On the tropical shores of Africa
I hid not my state of health

On May 3, 2012
A Lagos station manager
Said I should be grounded for a check-up
That alarm was ignored

On May 11, 2012
I made an air return and emergency landing at MM2

On May 25, 2012
Again, I made an air return and emergency landing due to engine failure

And finally on June 3, 2012
I crashed in Iju, 5-6 nautical miles from touch down, killing all 153 passengers on board and 30 on ground

After 22 years
Of meritorious service
I wished my masters listened
And let me rest

Now I put tears
In the eyes of a nation

But come to think of it,
If Alaska Air
Considered me unfit
To fly Americans
Why should Dana Air
Consider me worthy
To fly Nigerians?

ANSWER IS....
Bacause we live in Nigeria where corruption, nepotism, criminal negligence, negligence of duties, blatant theft of state property, murder of innocent souls, criminality, abuse of office, no regard to human life, illiteracy, greed, dishonesty has been seen has the order of the day.

1 Like

Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by Fynist(m): 10:15am On Jun 08, 2012
musiwa.,:
I think they crash that that plane. You see after nearly 100 bombing by Northerners how can you say they want you. They say, they want to leave, let them leave. Can you sleep with a woman by force. No. So if tinubu want to sell oando oil. Do every Yoruba or nigeria person have to die for tinubu money or Mike Adenuga money or someone to make money.

Look the navigation aid use most have had remote access from abuja. Which is normal in all system for protection. Where do Boko Haram leave Abuja. They are not happy with you. What do you expect from people who bomb you 100 times..

It is only a fool that remain in a country after 100 bombing.. i have said over and over break up Nigeria. it is the only solution.

Most of your are not educated.. When you people go and read art uko.. Your lifes are in dangers from Airport to even your cars and banks. Abuja (boko Haram control everything) so they can kill all of you any time they want.

That why I said break up Nigeria. You hospital have system that can be hack, transportation and others..

And you have Boko haram (abuja controlling it) what do you think will happen to you. you are all going to die.

Look they tried to frame me for arm importation this is how desperate they are..

Do you know anyone who want to be minority.. Instead of talking about break up of Nigeria, you are talking of one yeye things like Goodluck 2015, Buhari 2015, El rufia 2015, fashola 2015 or tinubu or oando oil or globacom etc.. You people are sick in the head..

Even if Jonathan resign, is sambo, david mark and aminu not part of Goodlcuk govt. if they were the solution to nigeria problem. tell me why do you think Nigeria have problem. they are not the solution to Nigeria problem.

It shoul not be about anyone selfishness to get power and call himself president of Nigeria.. It should not be Goodluck or Buhari or fashola.. It should be about how to protect people.

they brough down that plane because of the satellite pictures.. they may have taken control of the plane system from abuja or kano.. they have power to do that, since all your system are link together. and all the base are in the north. They can kill any of you, any time.

You have to hand over all airport to state.. compare katsina state airport to Katsina university. Does it look like katsina state govt can not control the airport. They can control the airport. You hand over all airport to state like it is done all over the world. there is no where federal govt control airport. It is not safe to have federal govt control it.

even over here airport are so sensitive.. Now image MOSSOB or MEND been send to hand kano airport. How many people will die in Kano..

they most have log on to a remote access from the north and crash the plane. they hack my phone and they can track you with the phone.. since they control everything from abuja.. so I shut down the phone.

After people bomb you 100 times how can you still think Nigeria can be one.. Only a fool thinks nigeria will remain one. If they are so bold to bomb the united nation office, do you think Northerners are not ready to kill any of You. they will kill you.

The only solution is to break up Nigeria. How many muslim do you know wear military boot to prayer.... See picture.. and you think they will not fight you. you people are fool. over 100 bombing and you still believe in Nigeria. you are a mugu.. wake up idioot. and smell your gravel.

The location tell me , they crash the plane because of the satellite pictures..

Do muslim wear military boot to prayer.. mugu
Ask any military man . Nigeria is already in a civil war..

Oga mi.You need Procold
Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by Jouslaw(m): 10:39am On Jun 08, 2012
they aretalking nonsense...the planewas faulty....even STAFFs said it..
Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by naptu2: 11:06am On Jun 08, 2012
Ben Bruce and Tony Uranta were waiting to board that plane. A FAAN official saw them and told them not to board because DANA has had issues with the poor condition of the plane. Read here https://www.nairaland.com/958557/faan-official-saved-me-ben
Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by chibaby5(f): 11:24am On Jun 08, 2012
Only God can deliver Nigeria. The problem is actually deeper than we know. All we can do is to continue praying. . .
Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by Jyde89: 11:36am On Jun 08, 2012
Bawss1:

Straight up nonsense
2ru talk, some people will not jst leave the devil in peace.
Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by iyke619: 11:57am On Jun 08, 2012
eghost247:
[size=15pt]Rubbish[/size]
Bros, the real rubbish is ur mum's p*u*s*s*y. Cheers
Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by tsquainoo: 5:29pm On Jun 08, 2012
Get the latest from ECOWAS TODAY
Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 08, 2012
Somebody wrote about Dana Air on Wednesday May 30 2012, 3 days before the Dana plane crash!! ===> first paragraph on rightmost column

Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by velo10: 7:48pm On Jun 08, 2012
Looking at the enormous cost and loss of credibility Dana Airlines would face, I don't think they would have let that plane sail if they knew it were disaster bound.
Re: Crashed Plane Not Faulty - Dana Management by UKBobo(m): 11:19pm On Jun 08, 2012
“Let me assure you that Lloyd underwriters are very famous throughout the world and they don’t like legal polemics."

Be very careful, Lloyds will try to duck responsibility by any means possible. They will argue spurious points and try to minimise liability.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Plane Crash In Western Kentucky Kills Four, 7-year-old Survives / We Have Lost $5bn To COVID-19 – Nigerian Jet Operators / Teenage Girl Crushed To Death By Tanker In Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.