Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,852 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Grace Perverted Gospel - Beware Of Joseph Prince. New Creation Church, Singapore - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Grace Perverted Gospel - Beware Of Joseph Prince. New Creation Church, Singapore (18533 Views)

Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? / Joseph Ayodele Babalola Ministering At An Open Air Crusade In 1939 / Tithing - Rebuttal Of Joseph Prince's By Russell Kelly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grace Perverted Gospel - Beware Of Joseph Prince. New Creation Church, Singapore by Kelly2020: 9:34am On May 03, 2017
[quote author=5solas post=45194974]
Now I understand. [/quot do you understand Calvanism.....check it up first nad compare it with armnianism
Re: Grace Perverted Gospel - Beware Of Joseph Prince. New Creation Church, Singapore by Kelly2020: 9:36am On May 03, 2017
do you rilly understand calvinism....check it first and compare it with arminianism
5solas:

Now I understand.
Re: Grace Perverted Gospel - Beware Of Joseph Prince. New Creation Church, Singapore by luckyCO(m): 9:43am On May 03, 2017
promisechuks:

Pertaining to salvation and righteousness of God, no amount of right living can give earn it, that's why it's freely given. And you know what? You can't maintain it by works/right living. Your right living/righteousness CAN NEVER maintain what your righteousness couldn't earn . If you are controversial with this put forward any single bible verse to disprove it for proper analysis.

As regards to this verse, we have to explain it, not based on what we think, imagination and tendencies, but on the basis of the FULL knowledge of the one sure foundation provided by God, christ finished work.

There are differences between works of flesh, works of righteousness(self righteousness)and works of salvation. Works of salvation is simply know as our ACHIEVEMENT made by utilising the grace of God. Example; "you won 10000 soul to christ", "you helped 100 poor kids through scholarship", labouring abundantly to express God's love to people around you either by spreading the Gospel or any other grace-empowered way. Another example; Microsoft is accounted unto bill gate as a work of salvation because of the grace of God, if he believes, these works are not restricted to winning souls, no!

Another example: No man will remember kenneth hagin for his work of righteousness/right living, but for sure he will be remembered for his works of salvation which may include; his write-ups, books, video tapes, crusade events, the healing power of God demonstrated by him and many more. You got it?

More example? Yes! from the scriptures. 1cor.15vs10; but by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I LABOURED(work of salvation not works of righteousness/right living) MORE ABUNDANTLY THAN THEY ALL; yet not I but the grace of God which with me."

"......more abundantly than they all", you don't measure right living but you measure works of salvation because they are your achievement made recognisable before God by grace. In that statement paul used "more...than", because he was speaking in comparison to the works of other believers who had lesser works/achievement by grace than his works and achievements by grace.

With the understanding of what I have explained, read that 1cor.3:1-end to understand the full revelation there. Because the entire chapter is talking about works of salvation.

That chapter is an UNVEILING OF THE MYSTRIES BEHIND THE PARABLES OF THE TEN TALENT, because jesus would have said those things in the first place, but because they(jews) were too carnal, he spoke to them in parables. Remember, at a point he said something like "I have many things to tell you, but the problem is that you lack the power to comprehend it" and he started to talk about the spirit of truth that will be sent to help the church understand the revelation he will be bringing forth into the church through vessels like paul, peter, john e.t.c.

Now, according to the parable, we have been given the grace(talent) freely as a GIFT of righteousness(eternal life) to first of all, make us FREELY justified, with NO DEMAND of right living. If controversial, I challenge you to refute it with BIBILICAL verse and not imaginary thoughts or experiences for proper analysis.

And secondly, to empower us, not only to live rightly, but also to achieve greater achievement and works, either in soul winning or promoting the lives of people around us for the kingdom of God. These are main few purpose of grace(talent), especially for our justification, for us.

Now that verse you quoted 1cor.3:14-15 says;"14. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he SHALL RECEIVED A REWARD. 15.If any man's work shall be burned, HE SHALL SUFFER LOSS: BUT HE HIMSELF SHALL BE SAVED; yet so as by fire."

Deduction: in vs 14;".....SHALL RECEIVE A REWARD"
Q&A: Reward for what? For right living? No! You don't build right living because right living cannot be seen as achievement. For works of salvation/achievements in grace? Yes! You build achievement in grace/works of salvation.

Q&A: What is the reward for our works of salvation as expressed in the above verse according to paul?

Now see this, we have gift and reward, this two things are totally different but confuse people a lot.
Gift is for free, no work. Reward is not for free, a work MUST be involved as the MERIT of the reward.

When you believe in christ, you are given a GIFT of eternal life(that grants you heaven), when you utilise the grace of God properly, to achieve your works of salvation for the kingdom of God, you are rewarded afterlife with, what the bible calls, a CROWN OF VICTORY.

Eternal life is a GIFT but crown of victory is a REWARD which is administered based on your accomplished works/achievements of a believer for the kingdom.

As regards to 1cor.3:15, SUFFERING LOSS, doesn't mean a denial of eternal life but a denial of crown(hope of glory). It's a loss because your works, not matter how many years you have been in the lord since you are unserious to labour for the kingdom works, will be considered vain. So paul was not talking about the sins of a believer that has being dealt with, forgiven and forgotten about at the cross heb.10:17.

At the judgement day, we, who believe(not just know, but really believe) in the finished work of christ, will not be judged of our faults, imperfection, sins and mistakes, because it was judged and condemned to death on the body of christ at the cross. And through that sacrifice, we have been made NON GUILTY OF THE SINS AND MISTAKES WE COMMITTED.

So, our judgement will be based on our works of salvation/achievement. The only kind of Judgement that will be passed on believers is the kind expressed in 1cor.3:1-end, and not judgement of sin, because we have been made innocent by christ's payment. There is no sense in judging an innocent man.

But in the case of unbelievers, they are judge of their sins, because they didn't accept the man that was judged and condemned to death for their sins, so they have to pay for their sins with their own life which is by death.

Let me stop here.
Nothing but the truth!
God does not gamble with salvation!

1 Like

Re: Grace Perverted Gospel - Beware Of Joseph Prince. New Creation Church, Singapore by enshy: 10:04am On May 03, 2017
Goshen360:
I was listening to a known popular Television evangelist by the name of Joseph Prince and guess what, he said "Heaven does not record the sins of believers even though you sin" Am like WHAT! This is a Grace perverted Gospel.

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. Jude 4, Kjv

Jude 1:4
Contemporary English Version (CEV)

4 Some godless people have sneaked in among us and are saying, “God treats us much better than we deserve, and so it is all right to be immoral.” They even deny that we must obey Jesus Christ as our only Master and Lord. But long ago the Scriptures warned that these godless people were doomed.

Jude 1:4
GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

4 Some people have slipped in among you unnoticed. Not long ago they were condemned in writing for the following reason: They are people to whom God means nothing. They use God’s kindness as an excuse for sexual freedom and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? Romans 6:1 Kjv
Please always pray in what you hear so you can interpret correctly.
Now do believers sin? It's a possibility. ..When he does, he is forgiven when he repents.
In the sin, he ceases to be a believer but when he repents and forgiven, he is a believer...As a believer, there is no record of his sins because they are forgiven.
Heaven only keeps records of sins of the unbelieving, sinner, pervert, unrepentant.
No believer stands before the Great White Throne Judgment...Believers would not be judged but commended..Only sinners would be judged.
The concept of Grace in Salvation is too beautiful to behold and he who spites Grace in Redemption spites his own Salvation.
Grace cannot pervert the gospel...That's blasphemy!
Let's watch it that in defending the Truth we know, we don't oppose the Truth God reveals.
May God breathe upon us all Divine Wisdom!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grace Perverted Gospel - Beware Of Joseph Prince. New Creation Church, Singapore by 5solas(m): 10:20am On May 06, 2017
Kelly2020:
do you rilly understand calvinism....check it first and compare it with arminianism
I fully understand it. It is the Reformed Faith, the faith of those who broke away from Catholicism, the faith of Tyndale, Wycliffe, Luther, Zwingli, Knox , Cranmer, Hooker, Bunyan, John Newton, Isaac Watts, George Whitfield, Jonathan Edwards, William Carey,Augustus Montague Toplady , Charles Spurgeon and a host of others.
Do not be deceived by the popularity of Arminianism. The first ever break from the Reformed Faith (Protestantism ) was done by the Arminians. Before Arminianism, Calvinism existed.
Re: Grace Perverted Gospel - Beware Of Joseph Prince. New Creation Church, Singapore by Joshthefirst(m): 5:20pm On May 06, 2017
Goshen360:
This guy need to examine himself in his Gospel before it's too late. Seriously. I just heard Joseph Prince of the New Creation Church, Singapore teach on TBN live with Satelite with Matthew Crouch. I am not preaching condemnation to sinners but Joseph Prince just said, "WHILE a smoker is smoking, he should just see himself and confess himself as the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus even while smoking. While someone is watching a Indecency.graphy, or fornicating, he/she should not see him/her self as sinners but rather while fornicating/watching Indecency.graphy, he/she should confess him/her self as the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus" Is this the Gospel? I mean seriously, is this the Gospel? Like someone said, many of this new age preachers just want to say something new and therein, preach and teach heresies of the last days.

But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Peter 2:1 (Niv)

Notice, it says there WERE "false prophets among the people" of Old, there will be "false teachers among us". It was false prophets then but false teachers now. Why not false prophets then and false prophets now? but it says false teachers now. Because, many will not be able to withstand sound doctrines. Look at how they will operate and people don't notice that, "they will SECRETLY INTRODUCE DESTRUCTIVE HERESIES". Meaning, they will teach this "damnable or destructive heresies" in a subtly way that will seems attractive and sweet to the ears. We MUST watch out for this and the only way is to be ground and rooted in the word of God. That is how we know when someone is "secretly introducing damnable or destructive heresies".
Joseph Prince Ministeries is a leading ministry in proclaiming God's grace with testimonies to back them up. People have been freed from addictions and doubts and fears and sickness because of the grace of God that he preaches.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Things To Do On Christmas Eve / Shiloh 2018 Begins This Week / Special Offering For Boko Haram Victims On December 7, 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.