Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Dictator At Work In Nigeria Embassy Vienna. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dictator At Work In Nigeria Embassy Vienna. (2992 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu,the Best Thing To Have Happened To The Nigeria Embassy Madrid. / Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! / Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dictator At Work In Nigeria Embassy Vienna. by asiwaju: 12:17pm On Apr 02, 2006
Hi Guys,

This is a personal experience at Nigeria embassy Vienna and people are complaining about the same problem at other Nigeria embassies around the world.

i went to the Nigeria Embassy today(30th March 06) to apply for a visa to
go to Nigeria,let me say i am a frequent traveller,i go home
2times a year,normally i collect my visa the same day,but
the guy there today told me the rules has change,everybody
has to wait 3days,well i said no problem,after almost 4hours
somebody called me at home from the embassy and asked me why
did i frequent home and that airticket is almost 1200
dollars,first i was speechless,i thought the guy was
joking,but he said he is serious and that i should talk to
the visa officer,i said ok let me talk to him,the visa
officer started asking me where did i got so much money to
frequent home and where i am working,this is the first time
somebody will be asking me that type of question,i was
speechless,well i explain myself and i told him where i am
working,and that i am privileg and blessed to go home often
and that i can even afford any amount for a ticket,i think
its my business how much or often i travelled home to
nigeria,my going home often did more good things for the
nigeria econony and i contribute in my litte ways to the
economy.

As you guys knows,in advance countries the more you travelled
the more easilly you get a visa in my "own" country
Nigeria,its a different case,its all jealousy and stupidity.

My going home frequent to Nigeria disturb nobody,will not
bring Baba iyabo government down and i am not an OPC man
neither did i belong to ASARI DOKUBO Organisation.

People going home to see their parents and siblings should
not be disturb,they should be encouraged,i am a very hard
working young man and from a great home.

The visa fee is also expensive 75 euros,single
entry(almost 100 dollars)people going home contribute more
to the economy than anybody else,but since Africa is a
cursed continent and our government behaved
abnormally,people find it really diffult to progress.

i will be sending this mail to many friends and some news
organisation in Nigeria,because Nigeria Government are
telling people to come home and contribute to the economy
and the same time asking people stupid questions and trying
making it diffult for people to come home.

Even though i own a foreing passport,i am still a Nigerian.

Best regards,
Asiwaju.
Re: Dictator At Work In Nigeria Embassy Vienna. by asiwaju: 12:20pm On Apr 02, 2006
Hi Guys,

This is a personal experience at Nigeria embassy Vienna and people are complaining about the same problem at other Nigeria embassies around the world.

the guy there today told me the rules has change,everybody
has to wait 3days,well i said no problem,after almost 4hours
somebody called me at home from the embassy and asked me why
did i frequent home and that airticket is almost 1200
dollars,first i was speechless,i thought the guy was
joking,but he said he is serious and that i should talk to
the visa officer,i said ok let me talk to him,the visa
officer started asking me where did i got so much money to
frequent home and where i am working,this is the first time
somebody will be asking me that type of question,i was
speechless,well i explain myself and i told him where i am
working,and that i am privileg and blessed to go home often
and that i can even afford any amount for a ticket,i think
its my business how much or often i travelled home to
nigeria,my going home often did more good things for the
nigeria econony and i contribute in my litte ways to the
economy.

As you guys knows,in advance countries the more you travelled
the more easilly you get a visa in my "own" country
Nigeria,its a different case,its all jealousy and stupidity.

My going home frequent to Nigeria disturb nobody,will not
bring Baba iyabo government down and i am not an OPC man
neither did i belong to ASARI DOKUBO Organisation.

People going home to see their parents and siblings should
not be disturb,they should be encouraged,i am a very hard
working young man and from a great home.

The visa fee is also expensive 75 euros,single
entry(almost 100 dollars)people going home contribute more
to the economy than anybody else,but since Africa is a
cursed continent and our government behaved
abnormally,people find it really diffult to progress.

i will be sending this mail to many friends and some news
organisation in Nigeria,because Nigeria Government are
telling people to come home and contribute to the economy
and the same time asking people stupid questions and trying
making it diffult for people to come home.

Even though i own a foreing passport,i am still a Nigerian.

Best regards,
Asiwaju.
Re: Dictator At Work In Nigeria Embassy Vienna. by funloving(m): 3:29pm On Apr 02, 2006
When we were coming back from church this afternoon somebody mentioned in the car that Nigeria is blessed.My stomach tightened.
Now I can see what blessings we have and how we are using our blessing.

Something is terribly wrong with Nigeria and Nigerians and unless we start finding a solution we are going no where,no amount of rhetoric withstanding.
See what jealousy can do.A young man with something to offer his country and some envious embassy officer is asking him useless questions.

We keep talking about Foreign Direct Investments (FDI).Is this how we plan to have the investment ?
Re: Dictator At Work In Nigeria Embassy Vienna. by omu(m): 3:57pm On Apr 02, 2006
Did you drop your nationality before taking foreign nationality? if you have drop your nationality embarassed, then you will be treated like a foreigner, this is a pity,while in another country you can have dual citizenship.
Re: Dictator At Work In Nigeria Embassy Vienna. by asiwaju: 5:26pm On Apr 02, 2006
Austria dont allow dual nationality,but that is not the issue here,the problem is the third term baba iyabo wanted to go for,they are afraid of people living abroad because they think we are the one educating and organising protest all over the world,the visa officer asually asked me if i am not going to cause any problem in nigeria.
Re: Dictator At Work In Nigeria Embassy Vienna. by Mariory(m): 9:51pm On Apr 02, 2006
@asiwaju
lol first you said it was jealousy and stupidity. And now it has some how become Obasanjo's fault because of his alleged third term agenda.

Tell me one advanced country of which someone who is not a national is not required to state how he will financially sustain himself in that country and of the origins of such a financial source. I'll be waiting.
Re: Dictator At Work In Nigeria Embassy Vienna. by OldGlory1(m): 1:31pm On Apr 04, 2006
@Mariory

She/he clearly stated that she has travelled often to the country, and the consul officer did not need to call her at home with those weak questions. Nigerian Embassies in many countries around the world work against it's citizens instead of working to make life easier for them. Clearly they know she is Nigerian, i think it is a question of unprofessionalism mixed with a bit of jealousy. She is paying 75Euros to go home and the consular officers know that Austria does not permit dual citizenship, therefore they come across people like this everyday. Shameful.
Re: Dictator At Work In Nigeria Embassy Vienna. by Mariory(m): 7:23pm On Apr 04, 2006
asiwaju:

the guy there today told me the rules has change,

As you can see Asiwaju herself stated that the embassy official told her the rules had changed. It is not weather she is a Nigerian or not but, weather she has the papers to prove she is a Nigerian. Obviously she doesn't so she shouldn't be surprised when she is treated like a foreigner weather she looks, speaks, or acts like a Nigerian.

I'm not saying that perharps the official could not be more tactful. All I'm saying is if we want Nigerian public institutions to work like they should, then we should be ready to follow the rules.
Re: Dictator At Work In Nigeria Embassy Vienna. by asiwaju: 8:14pm On Apr 04, 2006
@Old glory,@funloving thank you guys for your comment.

@Mariory,

well,you are completely wrong and i think you didnt get the message,can you please explain to me since when is buying a ticket a consular officer job?also let me explain something to you,i have 2 passport full of Nigerian visa,it means i am a frequent traveller,even though they have a new law,why didnt they asked me to come for an interview?please again tell me which western countries are asking a frequent traveller how much he/she buy her ticket?and why are they asking me if i am not going to cause a problem in Nigeria?i dont need to prove to anybody that i was once a Nigerian Citizen,they have my files with them dude,my last visit was in january 06,you dont issue visa to people you think are criminals,right?.

Even though i own a foreign passport,i am still a bonafide Naija citizen,i am 100% Nigeria fan anyday anytime,no yeye officer can change that.

Thank you all for having me and cheers,
Asiwaju.
Re: Dictator At Work In Nigeria Embassy Vienna. by LoverBwoy(m): 6:46pm On Apr 05, 2006
Mariory
As you can see Asiwaju herself stated that the embassy official told her the rules had changed. It is not weather she is a Nigerian or not but, weather she has the papers to prove she is a Nigerian. Obviously she doesn't so she shouldn't be surprised when she is treated like a foreigner weather she looks, speaks, or acts like a Nigerian.

I'm not saying that perharps the official could not be more tactful. All I'm saying is if we want Nigerian public institutions to work like they should, then we should be ready to follow the rules.

what are the new rules?

ahhhhhhhhh so much i want to type but - you can't defend behaviours like these , stinks to the core!!

how can u call someone to ask them question

how can u ask where he gets his money from- he is not living 3rd world country

If it was a white man will the rules be different?

ahhhh

And some people will say others are always negative about nigeria kmt
Re: Dictator At Work In Nigeria Embassy Vienna. by romeo(m): 8:32pm On Apr 06, 2006
this mariory has not been outside Nigeria or to Nigerian embassies, you'll be maltreated in Nigerian embassy in Spain
Re: Dictator At Work In Nigeria Embassy Vienna. by OldGlory1(m): 9:28pm On Apr 06, 2006
@Mariory

I guess the Nigerian Public Institutions do not work. If you read her post, you will notice that she followed the rules every step of the way. Some Bureaucrats just felt like overstepping their protocol and place a call to her house, not to tell her that her Visa was ready but to ask her for her source of income. How ridiculous.
Re: Dictator At Work In Nigeria Embassy Vienna. by nobledanie(m): 6:32pm On Apr 09, 2006
My friend,

when u come down this time just take few hours and go to the immigration office so u can pick up a Nigerian passport. Dual Nationality is allowed thus you come home with the Nigerian Passport and go back with you foreign passport.

Take care forget those people
Re: Dictator At Work In Nigeria Embassy Vienna. by OldGlory1(m): 6:36pm On Apr 09, 2006
Noble

Austria does not allow Dual Citizenship, and i think she has to leave and re-enter the country with her Austrian/EU Passport and would therefore need a Visa to visit Nigeria.
Re: Dictator At Work In Nigeria Embassy Vienna. by Mariory(m): 7:31pm On Apr 09, 2006
romeo:

this mariory has not been outside Nigeria or to Nigerian embassies, you'll be maltreated in Nigerian embassy in Spain

I don't know how you came to that conclusion. I'm not even officially Nigerian even though I've lived there for over half my life.

On the whole, I think I misunderstood what Asiwaju ment. The price of a ticket should be no business of the embassy official. However, as far as you do not have a Nigerian passport, then the embassy official has the right to know how you will finance your stay in Nigeria.
Re: Dictator At Work In Nigeria Embassy Vienna. by awolumate(m): 11:30pm On Jan 18, 2007
this one na real wah ooo, u no fit enter ur papa country as u wish.e get as e be ooo, well as 4 naija embassies.they are just a business centers .imagine it would cost you 450euro to get a naija passport in rome and nothing goes free there.that country na hell but i like am sooo.i dey lucky with my naija pali then ooooo grin
Re: Dictator At Work In Nigeria Embassy Vienna. by awolumate(m): 11:59pm On Jan 18, 2007
All these our embassies are just money making centers.At our embassy in Beijing,they are all business mens. Buying and selling is the order of the day with no interest of the citizens at heart.
I was at our embassy in Rome recently.I took these pictures from their toilet. It was an eyesore. And these embassy make an average of 12,000euro daily from consular and passport services to Nigerians.God dey oooo lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Dictator At Work In Nigeria Embassy Vienna. by LoverBwoy(m): 12:04am On Jan 19, 2007
please o, that pic must be from somewhere else not nigerian embassy!! chai!!
Re: Dictator At Work In Nigeria Embassy Vienna. by awolumate(m): 3:00pm On Jan 19, 2007
My brother,Thats our Embassy oooo.4 real.na that place i wan kaka .Man reach the embassy since 6am and them no begin answer us until 11am and left there at 8pm.You gotta see the way they dress.Jeans and T.shirts along with slippers.Diplomats indeed, I paid them 450euro for my service and the reciepts says 110euro, God dey ooo
That picture was from my cell phone.
Re: Dictator At Work In Nigeria Embassy Vienna. by mamaput(f): 12:42pm On Jan 21, 2007
its all about money even here they want you give them something.
.My brother also went to the embassy witha friend to collect visa.
After a view hours of "just a moment" he demanded to talk to someone higher.
they got the visa fast.

(1) (Reply)

Germany Visa Appointment / Hi / Please Help Me I Am Feeling Depressed, Frustrated And Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.