Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church (1434 Views)

Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) / Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. / Antichrist Pastors And Bishops In The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by shawn123: 8:44am On Nov 23, 2007
We begin to see more and more christians become gays worldwide, some even get married in the churches. What is happenning to the beliefs of people. Are we safe? This is worst than terrorism
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by combatant: 12:55pm On Nov 24, 2007
Where is the holy spirit that is supposed to be guiding them because according to them, the holy spirit is the comforter mentioned by Jesus.

It seems they are trying to change that belief to suit them just as Paul did when he brought religion to the gentilles.
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by Kobojunkie: 4:40pm On Nov 26, 2007
shawn123:

We begin to see more and more christians become gays worldwide, some even get married in the churches. What is happenning to the beliefs of people. Are we safe? This is worst than terrorism

Gays in Church are not new and do not mark the end of things @Shawn. I mean we have through all of history experienced such things and over time, we have seen many of these rise and fall. Pray for God to do his work through those who are still his and to reveal the truth to those who are lost, is all we can do in all this. If your pastor is gay, leave the church. If your pastors marries them, leave the church, that is basically all you can do. Back during the time of the apostles, the same sort of thing happened. We even have seen worse during the time of the popes and where are those problems today?? Gone!! We have a new batch of them coming up but only those prayerful christians who are commited to the walk can put it down, how?? prayer!!!
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by pilgrim1(f): 9:53am On Dec 02, 2007
@shawn123,

shawn123:

Signs of the times as prophesied in the Bible - that is what is happening.

However, we those who truly believe in the the Lord Jesus Christ do not need to fear anything: for He will keep them in His love and truth (John 10:9).
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by pilgrim1(f): 9:54am On Dec 02, 2007
@combatant,

combatant:

Where is the holy spirit that is supposed to be guiding them because according to them, the holy spirit is the comforter mentioned by Jesus.

Indeed, the Holy Spirit is the Comforter (John 14:26) - and that was expressly what JESUS taught! The Holy Spirit does not guide anyone into homosexuality, for He cannot contradict the very Scriptures which He inspired (see Lev. 18:22; 20:13; 1 Kings 14:24; and Rom. 1:26-27; 1 Cor. 6:9). Those who have received Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour have continued to experience the power and guidance of the Spirit of God in the things that please Him.

combatant:

It seems they are trying to change that belief to suit them just as Paul did when he brought religion to the gentilles.

Your hatred for Paul does not change the fact that the Holy Spirit has continued to guide and comfort people who have found salvation in Jesus Christ. You can hate as much as you want and even take that same execration to your grave; but the ministry of Paul has continued to bless multiplied millions, as well as continue to challenge the Muslim world in the falsehood Muhammad fabricated.

Nonetheless, as I have always cautioned you guys: try not throwing empty words around for the mere sake of deliberately trying to discredit Christianity! The result has been unbearable to your ummah, more so because you like to play 'the game of convenience' and pretend that Muslims are not doing the very same things you complain about - if not worse!! The picture below is a historic encounter of the unbleached homosexual tendencies of one of your Imams.

You Muslims been playing this illiterate 'convenience game' of pretending that the things you complain about do not exist among Muslims. You only need to ask, and I could help you refresh your plastic brains.
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by mellow(m): 10:04am On Dec 02, 2007
Can you imagine? Long hisssss at the activity in the pix[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by pilgrim1(f): 10:09am On Dec 02, 2007
mellow:

Can you imagine? Long hisssss at the activity in the pix[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]

Just imagine the scenario! undecided And Muslims who want to play the convenience game of pretence hardly take notice!

I'm just waiting for combatant to come back making shakara, and I will help him with a more detailed response of the raw things that Muslim leaders do in Muslim countries - complete with pictures!
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by janami(f): 4:56pm On Dec 02, 2007
sign of the latter days. This just shows that God's word neva lies
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by pilgrim1(f): 7:26pm On Dec 02, 2007
@combatant,

It does not matter how long I may be away from the Forum in my very busy schedules. But I'm waiting for your shakara whenever you come back and try to play the Islamic convenience game of pretending that homosexuality does not exist in the Muslim world. The facts with pictures, figures, names and statistics will be served when I return - so that you may learn to look closer home to your Muslim problems before trying to play your cheap games on Christianity.
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by olabowale(m): 7:32pm On Dec 02, 2007
@Pilgrim.1: I'll be Jessy James! So there is even a gay clergy in Christianity? I wonder
the Crier of who cries about the evil of the demented person who fingered an innocent
Child, is not Crying over here, as well. Orisi risi!
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by pilgrim1(f): 7:43pm On Dec 02, 2007
@olabowale,

olabowale:

@Pilgrim.1: I'll be Jessy James! So there is even a gay clergy in Christianity? I wonder
the Crier of who cries about the evil of the demented person who fingered an innocent
Child, is not Crying over here, as well. Orisi risi!

You canbe whatever you choose to be and cry orisi-risi from now till Muhammad turns in his grave! You guys are now so cheap that a penny will be a fortune to buy the lot of you! The homosexuality that you're pretending does not exist among Muslims will be posted as sson as combatant comes back making his illiterate reference to the Holy Spirit.
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by olabowale(m): 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2007
Aburo, I am worth more than whatever is stored up in this whole world. My God
gave a believing soul and mind and body to go along. You may be cheap, by me,
a slave of the Irresistable, am very expensive, priceless.
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by olabowale(m): 10:06pm On Dec 03, 2007
@Pilgrim.1: When has the holy spirit guided and comforted people? In the past or still
available today? When you get the holy spirit, does it ever leave you, even for a moment
until you die off? Have you experienced it personally? If that is so, you must be devoid of
it sometimes when you get roused up which many of your entries have demonstrated.

Does it go away and then come back as you calm down? What has the holy spirit taught
you about human interactions, how much you should sleep and how to lay down for
maximum comfort? Share your experience with us please.

Then i want you to ask me what the COMFORTER, Muhammad (as), have taught me, which
Jesus never taught you and then what Muhammad reminded me of what Jesus did and Paul
and your so called unseen holy spirit that is always escaping your hearts, the Christians
of NL, never told any of you.

You finish your semester now, or whenever, so you have no excuse.
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by Dreloaded(f): 10:16pm On Dec 03, 2007
I like how combotant and olabowale have both ignored the link/pic pilgram put up.
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by ajadrage: 12:15am On Dec 04, 2007
The fruits of christiandom that was sown in Nicene by Satan the deceiver so many centuries ago in his ploy to negatively influence the true teachings of the Christ have yielded abundant harvests in many instances, crusades, inquisitions, the world wars, the proliferation of churches and a gay clergy class, the belief in the equality of the son with the father, the acceptance of a triune godhead, devotion to Mary amongst others. The incidences of sexual abuse among the catholic church is also one of the many harvests of this seed as planted by Emperor Constantine and his fellow travellers on this road.

Thus is fulfilled the words of divine scriptures, as you sow, so shall you reap. . .
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by pilgrim1(f): 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2007
@combatant,

How body? grin Since our last pep talk on the issue of gays and homosexuals in religious circles, I haven't seen you face up to the simple request of denying that there are so many Muslims who practise homosexuality - which was why it would have served you far better to not have posted your snide remarks against Christians earlier.

However, should you desire to comment with another otiose remark, then I may have no alternative to posting a summary fact-list about gay Muslims - most of whom are highly placed individuals. Could it be that you were actually aware of these issues, and that was why you never came back to take up my offer earlier?

All the same, sidon well and enjoy.
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by pilgrim1(f): 4:49pm On Dec 10, 2007
@olabowale,

olabowale:

@Pilgrim.1: When has the holy spirit guided and comforted people? In the past or still
available today? When you get the holy spirit, does it ever leave you, even for a moment
until you die off?

No, the Holy Spirit does not leave a believer even at death, for He is the guarantee of the hope we have in Christ (Ephesians 4:30 - "And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption"wink.

Your concept of the Holy Spirit simply shows that you have no clue who He is - and I sympathise with your ignorance, because you were basing your judgements on the fallacies taught by Muhammad who pretended to have received "revelations" from 'Allah'.

However, while I have tried to reason with much patience with you, let me put you on notice about something very vital here: from henceforth, I will not be putting up with your penchant to be derisive and disrespectful towards Christians and Christianity. You obviously lack the respect of your age - not even to mention how shameful your consistent LYING on the Forum is what leaps out each time I try to read your entries.

You may not believe in Christ and His salvation (and are actually deliberately refusing to see reason thereto). However, going out of your way to be dubious with your sly invectives and deliberate lying is no way to engage a debate or discussion in a public Forum.

Yet, let me clear your worries on this:

olabowale:

Have you experienced it personally? If that is so, you must be devoid of it sometimes when you get roused up which many of your entries have demonstrated.

Now, what makes you wonder that I must be devoid of the Holy Spirit because of what you read in my post? Have you experienced Him yet - and if so, does it show in your own posts?

Let me reason further with you: did the Holy Spirit lead Muhammad at all? Did he know who the Holy Spirit is (aside the fact of his fallacy that he thought He was the angel Gabriel)?

If Muhammad ever was led by the one whom he misconstrued as "the holy spirit" (angel Jibril), how come the same Muhammad was known to have been a pedophile? Is that what his 'holy spirit' does in the life of a 'prophet'? Compared to what you read in my posts, how do I display a far worse attitude than Muhammad in his bridgandry adventures?

I'm not out to deliberately assuage anyone - much less Muhammad himself. But each time you have used expressions to be cynical, olabowale, I have borne much with you and asked you to grow up. If your aim was a genuine discussion about the Holy Spirit and WHO He actually is, then I would oblige you. But if you bring your illiterate attitude to the discussion boards and hope to leave easy-come-easy-go after your caterwuals, my dear, you will not be happy about what you read in my responses. My message is clear: act your age!

olabowale:

Does it go away and then come back as you calm down? What has the holy spirit taught
you about human interactions, how much you should sleep and how to lay down for
maximum comfort? Share your experience with us please.

If you really were seeking answers, I would oblige you - I yhave never been shy of sharing on issues that are publicly engaging.

However, just incase you are wondering (and I should say this to even Christians who may read this): that a Christian gets angry is not a sin against the Holy Spirit. Let me say this acrefully: the Holy Spirit inspires divine anger against DECEPTION!! I'm not offering excuses, but let me give you two examples:

(1) 1 Samuel 11:6 - "And the Spirit of God came upon Saul when he heard those tidings, and his anger was kindled greatly."

(2) Mark 3:4-5 -- 'And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace. And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other.'

Often times, even some Christians feel that a believer that is Spirit-filled (or, being led by the Holy Spirit) is not supposed to be angry! He or she is supposed to be docile and mute in the face of hypocricy and deception. On the contrary, the Bible actually says in Eph. 4:26, "Be ye angry, and sin not" - which defintely is part of the Spirit-filled life!

The point is this: how does one get angry and still not sin? Notice what made Jesus angry (who was filled with the Spirit without measure - John 3:34). He was angry because of the hypocrisy of His audience - they knew the truth, but at that critical moment to decide between life and death, they held their peace!!

Such deliberate deception of trying to be "peaceful" when you know very well that you're living in hypocrisy and duplicity, is what a Spirit-filled believer would normally be set against! I often do not mind people addressing me with bedevilled language - Catholics have done that several times, and I refused to retaliate! But as soon as the same people begin to attack others, I have not sat mute and enjoyed the scenario!

Muhammad did not know the Holy Spirit. QED. His life, sins, confessions, adventures and painful death are in stark testimony of the fact! He died gritting in pain from the "test" of a Jewess who led him to his death - and his last words were a curse on the Jews and Christians, and the same curse has continued to fail until this very day!

The reason why I'm deeply persuaded that Muhammad did not know the Holy Spirit in reference to my statement above concerning his confessions, is that he confessed he was a sinful man with many sins (fact) and also constantly prayed to 'Allah' to deliver him from his devil (fact)!! My dear, a prophet who has known the power of the Holy Spirit does not pray to be delivered from "his devil" - it only attests to the fact that the Holy Spirit is absent from such a life!
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by pilgrim1(f): 4:50pm On Dec 10, 2007
@olabowale,

olabowale:

Then i want you to ask me what the COMFORTER, Muhammad (as), have taught me, which Jesus never taught you and then what Muhammad reminded me of what Jesus did and Paul and your so called unseen holy spirit that is always escaping your hearts, the Christians of Nairaland, never told any of you.

No need to ask, because I've outlined a few examples of what Muhammad did and taught (which prove that he was the un[/b]comforted who died painfully from poisoning and a curse on his lips to his last breath). What does such a self-confessed man have to "teach" anybody that would make a lasting impression and deliver from sin?!?

Now, Muslims often boast about what Muhammad taught them! But my simple question is this: has such teaching [b]delivered
them from SIN? Ask the same questions from Jesus' words in Mark 3:4 - Is it good to "save life or to kill" - and you will find that Muhammad was a self-confessed 'prophet' who borught DEATH rather than life! The Qur'an teaches Muslims to KILL non-Muslims (Christians, Jews, people of other religions, atheists, pagans, etc.) - and you call that the impress of a good "teaching" from Muhammad?

Now, what has Muhammad's teaching done to help GAY MUSLIMS and HOMOSEXUALS? Do Muslims not steal and rape as well? Have they not thrashed every single teaching of Muhammad against building mosque around their graves? What about other Muslim idolatries? What effect has Muhammad's teachings have on the millions of Muslims who practise these things?

You act like you obviously do not know these things and then pretend to use your ignorance to attack Christians! The hypocrite that you are!!

olabowale:

You finish your semester now, or whenever, so you have no excuse.

True, I have no excuse - as I have finished my exams, until early next year. Eventually, my time on the Forum is now limited and I can only post when I have time (since I now have two jobs).

Cheers.
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by Nobody: 4:59am On Dec 11, 2007
D-reloaded:

I like how combotant and olabowale have both ignored the link/pic pilgram put up.

The picture is a Western conspiracy.
There are no homosexuals in Islam.

The boy was being rescucitated by an kind imam.
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by Kobojunkie: 4:51pm On Dec 11, 2007
nwando:

The picture is a Western conspiracy.
There are no homosexuals in Islam.

The boy was being rescucitated by an kind imam

LMAO!!!
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by focused(m): 12:15am On Dec 12, 2007
Of course the muslims have the highest number of homosexuals.

In Northern Nigeria where muslims are more concentrated, that is the abode of homosexuals. May God help us.

The segregation laws in Saudi Arabia encourages homosexuality. There is homosexuality in Mecca and Medina.

Sin is Sin. Homosexuality is everywhere. It has been in existence after sin came into this world through disobedience.

Only God can deliver human being from this evil relationship.
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by Gamine(f): 4:02am On Dec 12, 2007
The muslims, arabs whoever , watever are as homosexual as i am nigerian!

i was in dubai the other day and was shocked outta my jeans to see an openly gay couple

i was in doubt

but i do know it happens

As for Gay bishops!

How

but may God deliver them ooh!
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by focused(m): 11:28am On Dec 12, 2007
The muslims, arabs whoever , watever are as homosexual as i am nigerian!

i was in dubai the other day and was shocked out of my jeans to see an openly gay couple

i was in doubt

but i do know it happens

As for Gay bishops!

How

but may God deliver them ooh!

The muslims will do anything to deny the fact that they have the highest number of homosexuals, when their social life styles encourage this like that.

It is a satanic relationship. The muslims cannot do anything, we need Christians to preach to these people so that God can turn their mindset around.
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by Nobody: 4:58am On Dec 13, 2007
didn't we all hear of the Saudi princes doing hanky  pankies with fellow men aboard a royal yatch meanwhile they'll behead peasants doing the same thing in the land of the Kabbah.
That's why I just laugh when these Muslims talk of gay priests (as though Christianity condones it) and loose American women when we have seen that hymen reconstruction surgeries in Muslim lands are as common as shouting allahu akhbar. cheesy

Don't let those hijabs fool you,the women can now get artificial hymen complete with blood vessels sef grin
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by MP007(m): 7:38am On Dec 13, 2007
its ridiculous that the poster is comparing being gay to the act of terrorism, How can gay folks be dangerous than terrorist? Its not as if they take away human life or threaten nations, may the lord have mercy
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by Gamine(f): 4:12pm On Dec 13, 2007
Homosexuality is at the bottom pit of morality, 0% Moral

very vile and dirty!

chai!
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by Dreloaded(f): 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2007
as opposed to

domestic violence
murder
pedophilia?
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 13, 2007
allahu arched bar!!!!!!!
Re: Gay Bishops In The Anglican Church by pilgrim1(f): 4:48pm On Dec 14, 2007
@combatant,

Okay, I understand. You probably know what I had intended to help you see about the fact that very highly placed Muslims are involved in homosexuality - which they also sponsor (facts, figures, pictures available upon request). Since you exiled yourself from this thread, I'll let it pass as well.

Cherio.

(1) (Reply)

Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist / What Is Taking You Away From God / The Main Reason That may have Prompted The Pope' S Renuncia·tion/resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.