Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians (15555 Views)

How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages / Airtel Is Giving Out 300MB To Customers / Airtel Is At It Again. Free Browsing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by ghost: 7:48am On Jun 08, 2012
I seem to be grossly frustrated with the way Airtel disturbs me.
Whoever set of people are in their adverts department are taking their advert methods too far,they are frustrating millions of Nigerianss everyday and most times they are responsible for making people unhappy.
Everyday I receive an average of 6 text messages fro Airtel,38297 etc, they send the same advert messages and I am tired deleting it, frustrating enough, yesterday,they sent me an advert message at 2am,waking me up and I couldn't find sleep again.
As if that's not enough, they call millions of Nigerians and when you pick,they start advertising again, numbers like 141, 07080604010 etc.
I have been calling the customer care almost everyday for the past 4 months and they keepp promising me it would stop in 2hrs,6hrs etc only for me to receive the messages again.
Please People can anyone pls help us complain to NCC.
Airtel is frustrating us with spam messages and calls, and their customer care services are completely useless.
Help us I beg.

16 Likes

Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Abagworo(m): 8:09am On Jun 08, 2012
Never knew I had a partner. I'm considering dropping the line.

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by danderson(f): 8:25am On Jun 08, 2012
Frustrating Indeed. Every hour a text message. My inbox is getting filled up angry
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by saintneo(m): 8:30am On Jun 08, 2012
Air out your frustrations on Airtel here.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by ndtimmy(m): 8:36am On Jun 08, 2012
O boy! I tot I was alone in this. Their method shud be used as some kind of interrogation technique.I mean u gat 2 hv a strong mental strenght not 2 go insane!

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by billante(m): 8:37am On Jun 08, 2012
I second the motion!! Airtel stop bombarding us with spam....
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by omamofe: 8:51am On Jun 08, 2012
Would invite you to the next telecomes consumer parliarment wher u can air ur opinions to any network of your choice while they tell you their resons and respon to ur complains in fornt of ncc staffs.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by ghost: 8:55am On Jun 08, 2012
@ Omamofe,please do invite us,I would be most pleased and attend against all odds.
I am tired and its frustrating me everyday. Most of my friends and family are using Airtel and they are complaining bitterly.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 08, 2012
I experience the same thing and it sometimes gets on my nerves. They have also started some lottery like promos that charges 100 Naira daily for a chance to win 1 million naira. I'm sure many of their subscribers would have been tricked into it.

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by 9zeros(m): 9:43am On Jun 08, 2012
they are hustlin for money. d current naija economy is: get rich or die tryin....
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 08, 2012
Same here too..Especially when u are expecting a credit alert,only to open ur inbox and end up disapointed.. But there should be a way to screen out those numbers from ones phone

7 Likes

Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by honeric01(m): 9:46am On Jun 08, 2012
I thought i was being targeted by Airtel, now i know i am not alone angry angry angry
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by NoQualms1(f): 9:47am On Jun 08, 2012
Oh, thank God. I'm not alone. Sincerely, I'm tired of the messages too.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Adekdammy: 9:47am On Jun 08, 2012
I was tricked o, but av blocked it by sendin stop to 3030, well i told dere cutomer care personnel dat dey are extotin dere customers, cos dere terms and conditions are not clear
Brand_new: I experience the same thing and it sometimes gets on my nerves. They have also started some lottery like promos that charges 100 Naira daily for a chance to win 1 million naira. I'm sure many of their subscribers would have been tricked into it.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by childluck(m): 9:50am On Jun 08, 2012
NCC can not help because they are just useless!!!
My frustration about this got to the breaking-point 2months ago. I simply just transfered all my contacts on the Airtel sim to my Glo and abandoned the line since then. One day when maybe your prayer is answered, please announce here so that i can maybe use the Airtel sim again, only if i must anyway!
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by spothot: 9:56am On Jun 08, 2012
In fact, the airtel bombardment is way too much. As a result, i dont use any message tone for my messages

1 Like

Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by WhoIGoAsk: 9:56am On Jun 08, 2012
there should be a way to unsubscribe from adverts and offers from all these telecomms company self

1 Like

Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by ecolime(m): 9:58am On Jun 08, 2012
It's very annoying and disgusting... I really wanna know how to block their spams (texts and machine calls)
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by adisajoshua(m): 9:58am On Jun 08, 2012
Brand_new: I experience the same thing and it sometimes gets on my nerves. They have also started some lottery like promos that charges 100 Naira daily for a chance to win 1 million naira. I'm sure many of their subscribers would have been tricked into it.
That exactly what happens to me, I was told i should send free but they started deducting N100 from my account from then on, i stop loading on the line since two weeks ago. i just text stop to 3030 and that resolve the issue.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by zangiff(m): 10:05am On Jun 08, 2012
don't really understand Airtel this days
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by emsquare(m): 10:06am On Jun 08, 2012
ndtimmy: O boy! I tot I was alone in this. Their method shud be used as some kind of interrogation technique.I mean u gat 2 hv a strong mental strenght not 2 go insane!

LOL!
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by PrettyCindy(f): 10:10am On Jun 08, 2012
Well looks like we are many suffering this harassment from airtel. I only use my airtel for browsing but they will never let me be with incessant advert sms and calls. I had to permanently put my phone on silent so as not to be irritated anytime they send their unwanted messages. The annoying thing is that the nos are so many. I get up to 6 advert sms daily and calls from 141 and two other airtel no.

Glo was doing same thing too but i had to blacklist the nos: 4040, 5050 and one other no.
Its really frustrating.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by scopusng(m): 10:11am On Jun 08, 2012
Just sent STOP to 3030 to block useless mensenges.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by davades(m): 10:17am On Jun 08, 2012
Visa fone is their twin brother grin

3 Likes

Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by blank(f): 10:17am On Jun 08, 2012
You should try starcomms and you know that Airtel is a baby in the game. I specifically turn my starcomms off at night. When i wake, i would have received 2 or 3 sms. So frustrating.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by alex406(m): 10:18am On Jun 08, 2012
I have since dropped their sim for months now. Their extortion is way too high.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 08, 2012
AIRTEL AND MTN ARE WAYO NETWORK, THEY KEEP SENDING TRICKISH TEXT MY INBOX. I THINK NCC IS SUPPOSE TO CAUTION THEM FOR THE SPAM TEXT (WAYO PROMO).
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by blueheart(m): 10:20am On Jun 08, 2012
Glad sumbody is talkin abt dis meaningless adverts...as am typin this, i just got another. Dunno what to call dis Airtel. D sad tin for me abt it is dat, itz my biz line. Am stuck wit it. Fcuckin Garlic-smelling Indians AGAIN
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Debroslink: 10:23am On Jun 08, 2012
scopusng: Just sent STOP to 3030 to block useless mensenges.

10X SIR/MA. I'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR HELP ON THIS MATTER. GOD BLESS YOU.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Trustyd1(m): 10:24am On Jun 08, 2012
Just add the numbers that call or text you to blacklist and they can never reach you again.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by mrperfect(m): 10:28am On Jun 08, 2012
Isn't peculiar to airtel, if all networks should stop this it will be fine.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Updated : How To Download Youtube Videos(No Application Needed) / 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices / Glo Bis On (android) What The Way Forward!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.