Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians (15553 Views)

How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages / Airtel Is Giving Out 300MB To Customers / Airtel Is At It Again. Free Browsing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by ekpongmi: 2:55pm On Jun 15, 2012
Gbam
4llerbuntu: anyway, I have solved the issue by blacklisting the numbers. as long as they change it, I'm also ready to block it.

thank God for smartphones
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Nbwitgtrix(m): 2:27am On Jun 17, 2012
Dial *141*13*1# send. Dont 4get 2 inbox me
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by ciphoenix: 6:08pm On Feb 26, 2013
Months later and the problem persists
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by ciphoenix: 6:10pm On Feb 26, 2013
4llerbuntu: anyway, I have solved the issue by blacklisting the numbers. as long as they change it, I'm also ready to block it.

thank God for smartphones
I've succeeded in blacklisting the various numbers used EXCEPT ONE. it's not a number, just "AIRTEL". any way i can blacklist that too? sad
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by JiyaJanet(f): 9:04pm On Apr 06, 2013
Advertising generally is to persuade one positively and not manipulate or mislead. The worse is if an advert is annoying. The case of Airtel is bad due to complains from their consumers.
Just as people complained of receiving an average of 6 text messages from Airtel,38297 etc, with the same advert messages in a day. Adverts on phones should not be over repeated if it is not creative enough because it will lose the purpose of creation.
Promising to stop is not the issue on ground but taking actions by stopping it and looking for a better means to advertise. the company is suppose to be looking out for the psychological reaction of their targeted audience after each advert so it can create room for improvement. creativity covers four variables according to Peter Meausburger, process, product, person and place. when creating an advert, these variables needs to be considered and I think the place and person wasn't really looked into. Only in the western world will a citizen will really want to pay attention to adverts on phone(calling and texting) therefore, the creative department should brain storm on getting another medium they can use in getting consumers back. An advert can either yield to sales or loss.

JANET JIYA
CALEB UNIVERSITY
IMOTA, LAGOS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Updated : How To Download Youtube Videos(No Application Needed) / 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices / Glo Bis On (android) What The Way Forward!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.