Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,672 members, 7,801,937 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Gov. Okorocha Paid Ada Nwoke, #5million, 18yrs Old Creator Of Www.urhooks.com - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Gov. Okorocha Paid Ada Nwoke, #5million, 18yrs Old Creator Of Www.urhooks.com (1521 Views)

The Creator Of Email Has Died. / Redesign Of Sign-up Page & Inner Pages Of Www.samebornday.com / Use These Search Strings In G#oo*gle And Get Tons Of Edu And Gov Backlinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Okorocha Paid Ada Nwoke, #5million, 18yrs Old Creator Of Www.urhooks.com by newsgistscom: 1:20pm On Jun 08, 2012
Gov. Okorocha was shocked to have witnessed the wonder of the 18yrs old Ada Nwoke create a wonderful chat and social site click here www.urhooks.com to see it

uRhooks is a Nigerian social media combining most features of facebook, twitter, badoo and google+. where thousands of people from around the world hook up, mix-up, connect with one another

uRhooks is one of Africa's fastest growing social networks. uRhooks is growing by the minute. Join to hook up with new friends, colleaques, fans, families etc

A site now that the Gov, has added a reward package for her users
Re: Gov. Okorocha Paid Ada Nwoke, #5million, 18yrs Old Creator Of Www.urhooks.com by yamakuza: 4:20am On Jun 11, 2012
Hmmmn. Who said one cant buy a house from 1 website job?
Re: Gov. Okorocha Paid Ada Nwoke, #5million, 18yrs Old Creator Of Www.urhooks.com by mrperfect(m): 9:15am On Jun 11, 2012
That is encouraging.
Re: Gov. Okorocha Paid Ada Nwoke, #5million, 18yrs Old Creator Of Www.urhooks.com by yawatide(f): 4:21pm On Jun 11, 2012
So now that he (as in the government, as opposed to someone in the private sector) has bought it, what's next? In other words, how will the government make it better?
Re: Gov. Okorocha Paid Ada Nwoke, #5million, 18yrs Old Creator Of Www.urhooks.com by Slyr0x: 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
I won't be surprised if OP is not the same person as the 18yrs old Ada Nwoke. undecided

1 Like

Re: Gov. Okorocha Paid Ada Nwoke, #5million, 18yrs Old Creator Of Www.urhooks.com by soloqy: 6:42pm On Jun 11, 2012
So what is the site about? Has anyone braved it to register? Am not ready to sign up to yet another social networking site..
Re: Gov. Okorocha Paid Ada Nwoke, #5million, 18yrs Old Creator Of Www.urhooks.com by yawatide(f): 7:31pm On Jun 11, 2012
^^^ as Michael Jackson once sang, "You are not alone" smiley

I mean, of what benefit is that site to Nigerians as a whole that warrants the govt to throw N5m at it? It's one thing for a private entrepreneur to do so but the govt? Something is not right here.

I remember a few years ago when the Cross River State Government (CRSG) bought what is now their current Tourism Board website from the individual who developed it. That made sense to me - the site will definitely need to feature items/articles that go way beyond the resource of the originator. The CRSG probably thought about creating the site but didn't put rubber to the road. It therefore made sense to buy out the tourism website as it had potential beyond the individual who did it. That made sense. urhooks? Different matter, especially considering there are other Nigerian social networks online.

Now, having just now recovered from the NL-look-alikes, I have to go through urhooks-look-alikes all hoping to make N5m from their respective governors. Worse still, they are all going to advertise on NL angry angry cry sad sad

1 Like

Re: Gov. Okorocha Paid Ada Nwoke, #5million, 18yrs Old Creator Of Www.urhooks.com by soloqy: 7:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
^^^^^^^
hehehehe grin grin
Re: Gov. Okorocha Paid Ada Nwoke, #5million, 18yrs Old Creator Of Www.urhooks.com by yamakuza: 9:39pm On Jun 11, 2012
yawa-ti-de:
So now that he (as in the government, as opposed to someone in the private sector) has bought it, what's next? In other words, how will the government make it better?

i dont think he/they bought it. I think the lad was 'dashed' the money for being 'innovative/creative' by a governor who has a 'youth development agenda' .

Money miss road as usual. Or, maybe not.

I wonder how much pastor Chris paid for Yookos.com ?
Re: Gov. Okorocha Paid Ada Nwoke, #5million, 18yrs Old Creator Of Www.urhooks.com by yawatide(f): 11:42am On Jun 12, 2012
^^^ Yeah, even worse. As I said, now i have to look forward to the many urhooks clones that will pop up all over this board, all in an attempt to get N5m angry

Now if he had organized a competition, with urhooks being the winner, I would be in support as such a competition would have brought out and encouraged creative juices in the contestants. We really need to adopt the "show a man how to fish and he won't be back" mentality.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Okorocha Paid Ada Nwoke, #5million, 18yrs Old Creator Of Www.urhooks.com by Slyr0x: 11:46am On Jun 12, 2012
This story has no credible source. .
Re: Gov. Okorocha Paid Ada Nwoke, #5million, 18yrs Old Creator Of Www.urhooks.com by utimatedes(m): 4:25pm On Jun 12, 2012
Does it mean that the money was given in private that those in Imo could not hear about it. This is the same Governor that if he gave money to old women or dug 1 borehole, he will come to AIT to broadcast through that Imo programme which I have forgotten the name...

1 Like

Re: Gov. Okorocha Paid Ada Nwoke, #5million, 18yrs Old Creator Of Www.urhooks.com by auwal87(m): 10:28pm On Jun 12, 2012
LoL

It is good to know something,
anybody can create that site in less than 1 hour.
the guy used elgg (nothing innovative)

nice try by the way, and goodluck.
Re: Gov. Okorocha Paid Ada Nwoke, #5million, 18yrs Old Creator Of Www.urhooks.com by newsgistscom: 3:07pm On Jun 16, 2012
Wether the guy use elgg or not, recommendation matas........show one

(1) (Reply)

Is Weebly Not Accepting Nigerians? / $2000 BTC Needed / Who Wants To Sell A Facebook Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.