Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,433 members, 7,801,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences (39610 Views)

How Is NYSC In Akwa-ibom State / The Importance Of NYSC In The Labour Market? / How Relevant Is National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) In This Dispensation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by Tanfikos: 3:12pm On Jun 08, 2012
Hi All..

Are You currently serving in Lagos

Tell aspiring corpers what the experience is like; especially now that you are at your place of primary assignment.

Were you accommodated by your employer??
What are the salary levels for corpers in different economic sectors?? School? Ministry? etc.
Which establishments provide corpers' lodge for nysc corpers??

Tell us the good, the bad and the ugly.

cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by crusufixo(m): 3:28pm On Jun 08, 2012
My broda, all I can tell u is that u should just prepare your mind to hustle !!! hustle !! and hustle !!.Accomodation in a problem in Lagos, unless u have friends/family in lagos. As per getting a place of primary assignment, well with luck, favour and lots of prayers, u mit just get a good place to serve ( I believe the course u studied in school mit just play a role too). All the best bro !!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by lily2012: 3:28pm On Jun 08, 2012
it a gud experience to serve in lagos.
i pass out feb and i was nt accommodated.
ministry pay 15k why state govt schools pay 15k.
telecom company like visafone pay 35k, Etisalat pay 50k,Zoom mobile pay 22600.
NNPC 25k,Chevron 27k,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by ariyebaba(m): 3:30pm On Jun 08, 2012
Rephrase.......what is d NYSC like in Nigeria ?
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by denko(m): 3:37pm On Jun 08, 2012
lily2012: it a gud experience to serve in lagos.
NNPC 25k,Chevron 27k,
no more service with private coy dude
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by usefaith(m): 3:46pm On Jun 08, 2012
How about Enugu state? Hp standard of livin is not that high. Tired of LAGOS life. Can't just wait 2 b @ ogwu orientation camp
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by DereI(f): 4:00pm On Jun 08, 2012
usefaith: How about Enugu state? Hp standard of livin is not that high. Tired of LAGOS life. Can't just wait 2 b @ ogwu orientation camp

standard of lliving in enugu is increasing daily since d january fuel subsidy. But i think if ur primary assignment is in enugu main city, then u might enjoy ur stay in enugu.
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by fleps(m): 4:12pm On Jun 08, 2012
crusufixo: My broda, all I can tell u is that u should just prepare your mind to hustle !!! hustle !! and hustle !!.Accomodation in a problem in Lagos, unless u have friends/family in lagos. As per getting a place of primary assignment, well with luck, favour and lots of prayers, u mit just get a good place to serve ( I believe the course u studied in school mit just play a role too). All the best bro !!!!!
Dis guy still dey dream sha! Him no know say na classroom tinz NYSC dey now!

1 Like

Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by fleps(m): 4:14pm On Jun 08, 2012
lily2012: it a gud experience to serve in lagos.
NNPC 25k,Chevron 27k,
My broda, all dis is what i wud call GONE WITH THE WIND to the classroom!!! Hehehehehehehehe
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 08, 2012
usefaith: How about Enugu state? Hp standard of livin is not that high. Tired of LAGOS life. Can't just wait 2 b @ ogwu orientation camp
_
D'ya mean standard of living or cost of living? 'Cause they're two very different things.

2 Likes

Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by toria1980(f): 4:17pm On Jun 08, 2012
hello guys
a word of advice from you to me

i will b graduating dis year from sch in d UK and am thinking of coming back to naija to serve

with all this comment about NYSC, am confused..... i need your advice if its ok to come back home and serve my country

1 Like

Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by Nnaemiemax: 4:19pm On Jun 08, 2012
Serving in Lagos is one hell of a challenge!!
Transport fares and proximity to ur ppa could make u lose pounds..
Waking up early tins and getting home late is anoda tin!
Get ready to be used lyk a DONKEY- esp privates.

But asides, serving in lag make brain sha o: streams of income abound. smiley

3 Likes

Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by yorke1: 4:20pm On Jun 08, 2012
toria1980: hello guys

i will b graduating dis year from sch in d UK and am thinking of coming back to naija to serve

with all this comment about NYSC, am confused..... i need your advice if its ok to come back home and serve my country
No, it's ok. Stay there and do your service.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by countsparrow: 4:32pm On Jun 08, 2012
Anything on ogun, do their schools, ministries and local governments pay? if yes, how much?
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 08, 2012
1. Accommodation isnt guaranteed at all, so if u dont know anyone in Lagos, join a xtian/muslim fellowship. After 3weeks, you wont be denied shelter in their lodge, hopefully. Better still, get 9 people who have the same issue with u and rent a flat.

2. Not all govt schools pay! Some corpers do voluntary work. But ministries pay 15k. N 4 ur sake, dont pray to be on the island.
My own ppa(a secondary school) pays 30k n offers accommodation + transportation to n fro.

On d whole, serving in lagos isnt rosy, what with rude LG NYSC officials, transportation and bad traffic. All da best!

3 Likes

Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by oluwanoni: 5:21pm On Jun 08, 2012
lol, na only city sweet oh; if them carry go village u go cry blood
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by Walala(m): 5:26pm On Jun 08, 2012
I have a huge house in Lagos and will be returning from USA to serve in Lagos so any corper (females only) that need accommodation should contact me asap and I will assist. Can only take in maybe 7 people at the most. You don't have to pay me anything for the duration . I am just helping out because Things are hard in Lagos. I also have multiple cars so we can arrange movement.

This NYSC thing is suffer-head because when i went to register in Abuja, the hustle was too much not to talk of a year of suffering in that Lagos Heat. I am scheduled to return to Lag on June 28th for picking up call up letter and then camp follows the week after but I am willing to pay someone who can do all this nonsense for me. Coming from America, I cant stay in no school or share bathroom e.t.c

Please i need a hook up with ppl who attend camp on peoples behalf. I already have someone who is going to do the one year thing for me. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by toria1980(f): 5:56pm On Jun 08, 2012
yorke1:
No, it's ok. Stay there and do your service.
grin grin grin grin i dont understand
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by slimyem: 6:06pm On Jun 08, 2012
NYSC in lagos?
Just be prepared for stess.
If you have no plans for accomodation,pls don't bother!
If you plan to have any form of savings after NYSC,don't bother!

1 Like

Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by waters2012: 6:16pm On Jun 08, 2012
Walala: I have a huge house in Lagos and will be returning from USA to serve in Lagos so any corper (females only) that need accommodation should contact me asap and I will assist. Can only take in maybe 7 people at the most. You don't have to pay me anything for the duration . I am just helping out because Things are hard in Lagos. I also have multiple cars so we can arrange movement.

This NYSC thing is suffer-head because when i went to register in Abuja, the hustle was too much not to talk of a year of suffering in that Lagos Heat. I am scheduled to return to Lag on June 28th for picking up call up letter and then camp follows the week after but I am willing to pay someone who can do all this nonsense for me. Coming from America, I cant stay in no school or share bathroom e.t.c

Please i need a hook up with ppl who attend camp on peoples behalf. I already have someone who is going to do the one year thing for me. grin grin grin

These are the kind of people that make this country sick. tsssfa

5 Likes

Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by Tanfikos: 6:18pm On Jun 08, 2012
mollytinrox: 1. Accommodation isnt guaranteed at all, so if u dont know anyone in Lagos, join a xtian/muslim fellowship. After 3weeks, you wont be denied shelter in their lodge, hopefully. Better still, get 9 people who have the same issue with u and rent a flat.

2. Not all govt schools pay! Some corpers do voluntary work. But ministries pay 15k. N 4 ur sake, dont pray to be on the island.
My own ppa(a secondary school) pays 30k n offers accommodation + transportation to n fro.

On d whole, serving in lagos isnt rosy, what with rude LG NYSC officials, transportation and bad traffic. All da best!

Hello mollytinrox,

I'm really happy for you. You are the only one i have heard of that has got a nice tale from her NYSC experience.

Please i would like to know the name and address of the school where you did your primary assignment. Are you currently serving there now?? Please kindly send me the details of the school. Just incase i can influence my PPA. wink
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by adicious(m): 6:38pm On Jun 08, 2012
I'm planning of serving in Lagos this july and work with a private firm.... Is there any hope of working there or must i work wit the goverment?
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by Jaykizz(m): 7:14pm On Jun 08, 2012
Walala: I have a huge house in Lagos and will be returning from USA to serve in Lagos so any corper (females only) that need accommodation should contact me asap and I will assist. Can only take in maybe 7 people at the most. You don't have to pay me anything for the duration . I am just helping out because Things are hard in Lagos. I also have multiple cars so we can arrange movement.

Hustling tinz bro! U'd get usd to it. Welcom to 9ja!
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by sexyverah(f): 7:42pm On Jun 08, 2012
there is a girl servin in my company... d states r really stressing corpers no b small... the state didnt even pay her all her dues..
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by dridowu: 7:44pm On Jun 08, 2012
Guy. Nysc 4 lagos na long tin ooo, am sayin ds because am finishing by june 14 and i b lagos corper, if truly u want to experience nysc in lagos , dn pray dat u shd b post to outskirt of lagos e.g epe, badagry or ikorodu. Nobody send u for cities u are on your own. Most major cities in lagos na hardwork dy b o
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by aknessy(m): 8:07pm On Jun 08, 2012
Hey Guys am prep'n' to serve in Lagos come next month!
The way you guys are making it sound, hmm, fear don dey catch me o!
Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by zannie(f): 11:05pm On Jun 08, 2012
I served in Lagos. Finished last year. Wasn't bad at all, if u overlook traffic and cost of living on the island. Worked with a lovely offshore drilling company and enjoyed some perks. Overall, it was a beautiful experience. But life in Lagos is really hard and the traffic is so annoying. Also the agbero culture can be overwhelming for someone being der for the first time. Anyways, jst try and enjoy urself cos derz never a dull moment in Lagos!

1 Like

Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by zangiff(m): 11:27pm On Jun 08, 2012
just dontt like dis program called nysc.time waster and destroys ur plans

1 Like

Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 09, 2012
toria1980: hello guys

I'm a serving corper...bros pls I beg in the name of God. Don't come and waste ur time. If u cn get a good job in the Uk. Jst stay put. Better opportunities there

1 Like

Re: What's NYSC In LAGOS Like??? Please Share Your Experiences by chelsy1(f): 1:34am On Jun 09, 2012
I regret working my posting to lagos state cos of dis new posting policy wch started wid our batch(A). For the aspiring corpers, pls if u dnt have any plan for accommodation n transportation u better work it to a place that u re sure of.. Lagos state govt pays only 600 corpers in every batch n d rest are on voluntary service... Trust me 80% of batch A corpers are not smilling cos we re only receiving fed alawi wch goes down on transportation n feeding..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What This Corp Member Is Doing Towards The Upcoming Elections. / Ondo Corpers Doze Off During Anti-corruption Lecture At Orientation Camp (Pics) / Kwara Female Corper Dies During ‘Man-O-War’ Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.