Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,457 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama (18309 Views)

Video & Pictures Of Obama Crying As He Thanks His Campaign Staff / Kenyan Army Destroys Somalia's Al Shabaab Where US Army Was Defeated / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by 9jaIhail(m): 7:37pm On Jun 09, 2012
A senior official of the radical Islamist Al-Shabaab group announced Friday that his movement was ready to reward anybody bringing in information leading to the killing or capture of top American leaders.

Sheikh Fu’ad Mohamed Khalaf alias Shongole specifically mentioned US President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Sheikh Shongole was reacting to a statement from the US State Department putting a bounty of $33 million for the capture of top Al-Shabaab leaders.We are offering 10 camels for any information concerning (Barack) Obama,” said Shongole.

Suggesting and mocking that a woman is valued less he added, “We are going to reward 10 hens and 10 cocks to anyone easing information about (Hillary) Clinton.”

The Sheikh also informed the crowd that Al-Shabaab leaders survived attempts on their lives by former US President George W. Bush. “We fought Bush and why not Obama?” remarked the hardline cleric.

He added that his militants will seize any American in response to the bounty put on Al-Shabaab heads.

On Thursday, the US offered $7 million to information leading to the capture of Al-Shabaab’s Ameer (Spiritual Leader), Ahmed Abdi Aw Mohammed Godane,

also known as Sheikh Mukhtar Abdurahman Aby Zubayr. Other rewards were offered for other six wanted militant leaders including Sheikh Shongole.

On Friday, the Transitional Federal Government (TFG) issued a statement, welcoming the position taken by the United States in offering rewards towards the capture of the top Al-Shabaab leaders.

“The bounty on the leaders of Al-Shabaab was a step in the right direction,” a press release by the TFG’s ministry of Information stated.

According to the TFG, the rewards on Al-Shabaab leader, Ahmed Abdi Godane, was realisation of his sinister initiatives that caused the killing of many Somalis and other innocent people in neighbouring countries.

TFG Prime Minister, Professor Abdiweli Mohamed Ali, reiterated on Friday that Al-Shabaab caused hardship in Somalia. While hailing the American move, he suggested assistance to the Somali government in the fight against the fanatical militants.

“All the countries whose citizens were harmed by Al-Shabaab loyalists ought to help the TFG to eliminate terrorism,” remarked PM Ali.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/09/world/africa/somalia-al-shabaab-bounties/index.html
Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by icez: 8:45pm On Jun 09, 2012
9ja_I_hail: A senior official of the radical Islamist Al-Shabaab group announced Friday that his movement was ready to reward anybody bringing in information leading to the killing or capture of top American leaders.

Sheikh Fu’ad Mohamed Khalaf alias Shongole specifically mentioned US President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Sheikh Shongole was reacting to a statement from the US State Department putting a bounty of $33 million for the capture of top Al-Shabaab leaders.We are offering 10 camels [/b]for any information concerning (Barack) Obama,” said Shongole.

Suggesting and mocking that a woman is valued less he added, “We are going to reward [b]10 hens and 10 cocks
to anyone easing information about (Hillary) Clinton.”

The Sheikh also informed the crowd that Al-Shabaab leaders survived attempts on their lives by former US President George W. Bush. “We fought Bush and why not Obama?” remarked the hardline cleric.

He added that his militants will seize any American in response to the bounty put on Al-Shabaab heads.

On Thursday, the US offered $7 million to information leading to the capture of Al-Shabaab’s Ameer (Spiritual Leader), Ahmed Abdi Aw Mohammed Godane,

also known as Sheikh Mukhtar Abdurahman Aby Zubayr. Other rewards were offered for other six wanted militant leaders including Sheikh Shongole.

On Friday, the Transitional Federal Government (TFG) issued a statement, welcoming the position taken by the United States in offering rewards towards the capture of the top Al-Shabaab leaders.

“The bounty on the leaders of Al-Shabaab was a step in the right direction,” a press release by the TFG’s ministry of Information stated.

According to the TFG, the rewards on Al-Shabaab leader, Ahmed Abdi Godane, was realisation of his sinister initiatives that caused the killing of many Somalis and other innocent people in neighbouring countries.

TFG Prime Minister, Professor Abdiweli Mohamed Ali, reiterated on Friday that Al-Shabaab caused hardship in Somalia. While hailing the American move, he suggested assistance to the Somali government in the fight against the fanatical militants.

“All the countries whose citizens were harmed by Al-Shabaab loyalists ought to help the TFG to eliminate terrorism,” remarked PM Ali.

@bolded
grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by bodejohn(m): 8:48pm On Jun 09, 2012
...this got me laughing...can the mods move this to the jokes section?

1 Like

Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by manny4life(m): 8:50pm On Jun 09, 2012
Why do people take cheap crack? undecided undecided undecided If you want to do crack, don't go for the cheap one, go for genuine one... grin grin grin

What do they think? That Secret Service will allow them penetrate? Shioor, I just laugh, grin grin

Talk about the offer... LOL cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by achi4u(m): 8:57pm On Jun 09, 2012
this are people that boko haram looks up to.
see their own offergrin
Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by philip0906(m): 9:02pm On Jun 09, 2012
grin grin grin
what/How much will boko haram offer 4 d capture of GEJ? 10 rats maybe grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by nateevs(m): 9:28pm On Jun 09, 2012
philip0906: grin grin grin

3 ants.
Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by NwaNimo1(m): 9:41pm On Jun 09, 2012
10 Camels? Thats not bad.

Al Shahab - Mr Obama can be located at:

The White House,
Washington,
Washington DC,
America,
USA.

Send my ten camels to Lagos port then PM me.

Thanks,

19 Likes

Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by icez: 10:00pm On Jun 09, 2012
achi4u: this are people that boko haram looks up to.
see their own offergrin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by Tyche(m): 2:52am On Jun 10, 2012
These guys are very good comedians.

1 Like

Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by Nobody: 3:24am On Jun 10, 2012
nateevs:

3 ants.

grin shocked grin
Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by dplordx(m): 8:40am On Jun 10, 2012
OMGG! So Al-Qaeda is feeling the global recession as well?
Please someone, whats the worth of one camel. I know chickens arent worth much, meaning Hillary isnt so important....
I need a decoder! grin grin grin grin
Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by amosy007: 8:46am On Jun 10, 2012
icez:

@bolded
grin grin grin grin grin grin
lmao cnt stop laffing at the bolded part too
Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by amosy007: 8:48am On Jun 10, 2012
philip0906: grin grin grin
17 well muscled mosquitoes grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by austinsmat(m): 9:35am On Jun 10, 2012
are this people high on something only 10 camels for most powerful man on earth i wonder what nigerian boko haram will offer nigerian president mr jonathan
Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by sweetgala(m): 10:21am On Jun 10, 2012
This people get mind ooh..
10 hens and 10 cocks. grin grin grin

With the way Jonadunce dey go , most people would rat him out for free..
Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by koolJ1(f): 10:24am On Jun 10, 2012
austinsmat: are this people high on something only 10 camels for most powerful man on earth i wonder what nigerian boko haram will offer nigerian president mr jonathan

Options include:

1. A slap on the back
2. An honourable place in Allah's paradise of orgy
3. A suicide mission
4. Uncelebrated death

1 Like

Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by k10: 10:27am On Jun 10, 2012
never knew terrorists had a good sense of humour!

1 Like

Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by mrman2(m): 10:27am On Jun 10, 2012
10 big COCKS for hillary? Hope she won't take them all at once sha, make dem no kill am for clinton oo.

2 Likes

Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by Gombs(m): 10:28am On Jun 10, 2012
Chai...Onye ugwu wu onye ugwu...Anywhere anytime...Compare the differences $30million+ and 10camels...Does the idi0ts think they were calling elephants?...Times like this, i wish i was a bounty hunter...Them for testify
Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by mkmyers45(m): 10:29am On Jun 10, 2012
I wonder what Boko Rams will offer angry grin
Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 10, 2012
Countless American presidents have been killed in the past and I'm sure obama security will be heightened now that a threat is coming from these terrorists.Mind you,even if obama seems to be safe at home,he will still need to travel abroad which is why he goes to places like Afghanistan unannounced.You dont have to wait till your enemies get to you !
Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 10, 2012
Who says terrorist have no comedy traits in them
Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by lifestyle1(m): 10:32am On Jun 10, 2012
The dude is a lunatic. undecided
Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by Gombs(m): 10:36am On Jun 10, 2012
Though somalia's a poverty stricken state,i get 10camels would mean a lot (think that in naira would sum up to less than N2million),but my wonder is "Where the clowns thinking their countrymen would go hunt for obama n clinton?"...Or even if he transported them to the US,does he think his force are like the Mossad?...Wait first, today's date is not april 1 o...Because this sounds like one cruel joke
Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by valencia25(m): 10:39am On Jun 10, 2012
Nwa_Nimo: 10 Camels? Thats not bad.

The White House,
Washington,
Washington DC,
America,
USA.

Thanks,

and ur phn no is cool cool cool
Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by lafuria1(m): 10:39am On Jun 10, 2012
We here it is a joke but over there na serious matter. Even in US they won't take it carelessly. If na nigeria we go laf until e happen. Those tins must be very valauble there. Anyway goodluck to them.
Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 10, 2012
Gombs: Though somalia's a poverty stricken state,i get 10camels would mean a lot (think that in naira would sum up to less than N2million),but my wonder is "Where the clowns thinking their countrymen would go hunt for obama n clinton?"...Or even if he transported them to the US,does he think his force are like the Mossad?...Wait first, today's date is not april 1 o...Because this sounds like one cruel joke

There are somalis living in US right ? All it takes is just one person to infilterate and strike.George bush would have been long dead if the shoe thrown at him by that iraqi cameraman was a live shot.
Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by faithin9ja: 10:39am On Jun 10, 2012
Nwa_Nimo: 10 Camels? Thats not bad.

The White House,
Washington,
Washington DC,
America,
USA.

Thanks,

Great smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
you forgot to add 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, dem no go know road the satnav won't find it
Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by faithin9ja: 10:41am On Jun 10, 2012
~Bluetooth:

There are somalis living in US right ? All it takes is just one person to infilterate and strike.George bush would have been long dead if the shoe thrown at him by that iraqi cameraman was a live shot.

the shoe missed

1 Like

Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 10, 2012
la furia: We here it is a joke but over there na serious matter. Even in US they won't take it carelessly. If na nigeria we go laf until e happen. Those tins must be very valauble there. Anyway goodluck to them.

Nigeria laugh over every issue.Obama get thousands of threats daily which the secret service assess and act on.People forgot that terrorists network faster for maximum output.Bin laden was in the mountain of afghanistand when trade center was hit !
Re: Somalia's Al-shabaab Offers Reward For Capture Of Obama by 27naira(m): 10:43am On Jun 10, 2012
~Bluetooth:
Countless American presidents have been killed in the past and I'm sure obama security will be heightened now that a threat is coming from these terrorists.Mind you,even if obama seems to be safe at home,he will still need to travel abroad which is why he goes to places like Afghanistan unannounced.You dont have to wait till your enemies get to you !

Dude, when will you visit planet earth again? i heard that pluto is freakin cold. grin
you need to be in touch with time and facts and stop chewing off ice.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Germany Admits Genocide In Namibia In Colonial Era / Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 1,000,000 Signatures / Chinese Hackers Attack Russian Cyberspace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.