Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,553 members, 7,809,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? (14056 Views)

Patience Jonathan Crying While Mourning Bayelsa Women That Died In Accident(pic) / Photos From Emir Sanusi's Coronation (LIVE !!!) / Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by aspabay(m): 9:52pm On Jun 09, 2012
Irony of our Leaders: While the bodies of eight CBN staff who were on their way to Lagos for a conference are yet to be identified or are still in the morgue,the Central Bank of Nigeria Govenor Lamido Sanusi went ahead with his elaborate turbaning by the Emir Ado Bayero of Kano this morning as the Danmajen Kano.

Not only was Lamido turbaned this morning, but his friends and associates took several pages in the national dailies to sing his praises and congratulate him on the 'honour' done to him. IRONY OF LEADERSHIP: Height of insensitivity

3 Likes

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by aljharem(m): 9:53pm On Jun 09, 2012
so what do you want him (Sanusi) to do ?

Lets hear

1 Like

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by icez: 9:59pm On Jun 09, 2012
aspabay: Irony of our Leaders: While the bodies of eight CBN staff who were on their way to Lagos for a conference are yet to be identified or are still in the morgue,the Central Bank of Nigeria Govenor Lamido Sanusi went ahead with his elaborate turbanning by the Emir Ado Bayero of Kano this morning as the Danmajen Kano.
Not only was Lamido turbaned this morning, but his friends and associates took several pages in the national dailies to sing his praises and congratulate him on the 'honour' done to him. IRONY OF LEADERSHIP.:
Height of insensitivity

+10000

2 Likes

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by aljharem(m): 10:00pm On Jun 09, 2012
poster you still have not answered the question.

What has our Aviation Minister said or done about the event ?
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by wellmax(m): 10:01pm On Jun 09, 2012
alj harem: so what do you want him (Sanusi) to do ?

Lets hear
^^
What do you mean? NUC lost 4 staff and ‎they postponed their 60th anniversary indefinitely. CBN lost TEN (10) staff and they are busy celebrating one thief. Hmmm naija and their mentality.
You deserve your leaders.

5 Likes

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by icez: 10:03pm On Jun 09, 2012
wellmax:
^^
What do you mean? NUC lost 4 staff and ‎they postponed their 60th anniversary indefinitely. CBN lost TEN (10) staff and they are busy celebrating one thief. Hmmm naija and their mentality.

+10000
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by aljharem(m): 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2012
wellmax:
^^

So What has traditional title got to do with the event that happened.

If you are even meant to present your argument, you could have spoken about donations (similar to the kano donation) to families or speech. His traditional title got nothing to do with his staffs.

Now What has our aviation Minister (the sector it concern) done in remembrance of the victim ?
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by aspabay(m): 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2012
alj harem: poster you still have not answered the question.

What has our Aviation Minister said or done about the event ?

Just like wellmax said, we truly deserve the kind of leaders we get, the crash was just 7 days ago. SMH
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by Pukkah: 10:06pm On Jun 09, 2012
There is no legal reason for Sanusi not to go ahead with the ceremeny but losing 8 staff unexpectedly in a violent manner was enough moral/humane reason to postpone the (movable) event for about a month. The crash hit almost everybody I've spoken to, many of whom did not even directly know the victims, in a very hard way let alone a chief executive who lost eight staff in one fell swoop.

Mind you, he should have also considered the effect of this seeming lack of empathy on the morale of the other CBN staff as it appears that the CBN 8 were on official duty. It's usually good to respect the sensibilities of others especially your followers or those you expect some sort of result from. Although nobody is indispensable, it does no good to give your staff the impression that they are mere expendables.

29 Likes

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by aljharem(m): 10:06pm On Jun 09, 2012
aspabay:

Just like wellmax said, we truly deserve the kind of leaders we get, the crash was just 7 days ago. SMH

What should he have done, I am not condemning your thread. it makes sense but what do you suggest him to do that is all I am asking
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by aljharem(m): 10:09pm On Jun 09, 2012
It is something to open a thread and condemn (Op I am not against your topic) but we need to at least provide suggestions to know if it makes sense or we are just condemning for the sake of it.

2 Likes

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by freshmoney(m): 10:11pm On Jun 09, 2012
Moderators must be on w[i]e[/i]ed to have posted this on the timeline, smh undecided
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by Pukkah: 10:11pm On Jun 09, 2012
alj harem:

So What has traditional title got to do with the event that happened.

If you are even meant to present your argument, you could have spoken about donations (similar to the kano donation) to families or speech. His traditional title got nothing to do with his staffs.

Now What has our aviation Minister (the sector it concern) done in remembrance of the victim ?

Whichever way you look at it, the turbanning is a ceremony that could have been moved. Also, emotionally difficult times call for sobriety and lifting the hearts of the bereaved and not for the leader of the deceased to loudly indulge in 'postponeable' celebrations.

3 Likes

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by timmy1999(m): 10:11pm On Jun 09, 2012
Ah...you think say aboki (hausa) value human life dat much...even if his son died on it..he will still go ahead with d ceremony...there belief is different

9 Likes

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 09, 2012
alj harem:

What should he have done, I am not condemning your thread. it makes sense but what do you suggest him to do that is all I am asking

I guess maybe he should have postponed the 'coronation" (whatever the phuck that is)?...But yeah it's a bit insensitive of him, though i have nothing against the man's character in general.
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by P406: 10:14pm On Jun 09, 2012
alj harem: It is something to open a thread and condemn (Op I am not against your topic) but we need to at least provide suggestions to know if it makes sense or we are just condemning for the sake of it.

Its no use because i don't think you will understand. If it is not clear
to you already. Any explanation or suggestions will be a waste of time.
No offense meant but that is the truth.

5 Likes

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 09, 2012
timmy1999: Ah...you think say aboki (hausa) value human life dat much...even if his son died on it..he will still go ahead with d ceremony...there belief is different

Stupidity at the highest level....How many aboki's have you met in your life? oloriburuku!

5 Likes

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by olapluto(m): 10:16pm On Jun 09, 2012
Would the ceremony have gone ahead if Sanusi was involved in the crash? Would it have gone ahead if Sanusi's children had perished in it? Would it have gone ahead if the Governor of Kano state had perished in it? To me, the ceremony is the height of insensitivity.

20 Likes

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 09, 2012
The show must go on! undecided

1 Like

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by deyrock(m): 10:17pm On Jun 09, 2012
to me i believe those people dat lost their lives deserve some respect. They can postpone dat useless ceremony.

1 Like

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by aljharem(m): 10:18pm On Jun 09, 2012
Pukkah:

Whichever way you look at it, the turbanning is a ceremony that could have been moved. Also, emotionally difficult times call for sobriety and lifting the hearts of the bereaved and not for the leader of the deceased to loudly indulge in 'postponeable' celebrations.
engineerd:

I guess maybe he should have postponed the 'coronation" (whatever the phuck that is)?...But yeah it's a bit insensitive of him, though i have nothing against the man's character in general.

So he should have postpone it, yes I agree completely. Yes a bit insensitive on his own part

Now what has the aviation minister done about the event ? Anyone ?
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by manny4life(m): 10:18pm On Jun 09, 2012
It's less than a week after the crash, SLS should've been at the forefront of making things happen, this is a time when CBN workers, even their loved ones need closure rather he's interested in his title. angry angry angry

I'm not surprised that alj harem is indeed supporting him, like someone said, we deserve the leaders we get. embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by aljharem(m): 10:19pm On Jun 09, 2012
ola_pluto: Would the ceremony have gone ahead if Sanusi was involved in the crash? Would it have gone ahead if Sanusi's children had perished in it? Would it have gone ahead if the Governor of Kano state had perished in it? To me, the ceremony is the height of insensitivity.

Right !!!

I agree with this as well.
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by aljharem(m): 10:20pm On Jun 09, 2012
manny4life: It's less than a week after the crash, SLS should've been at the forefront of making things happen, this is a time when CBN workers, even their loved ones need closure rather he's interested in his title. angry angry angry

I'm not surprised that alj harem is indeed supporting him, like someone said, we deserve the leaders we get. embarassed embarassed embarassed

I am not supporting him, I just wanted to find out what the OP meant by his topic and if he had any solution to it.

No I am not in support of Sanusi here
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by manny4life(m): 10:20pm On Jun 09, 2012
alj harem:

So he should have postpone it, yes I agree completely. Yes a bit insensitive on his own part

Now what has the aviation minister done about the event ? Anyone ?

Biko, stop calling aviation minister, to each his own.

The topic isn't about the aviation minister but about SLS, when we get to that bridge, we'll cross it. After all, you did not see the aviation minister traveling to Europe for shopping. This is a grieving period, and if people don't know what/how/when to do things, don't even do it at all.

4 Likes

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by chuks49(m): 10:20pm On Jun 09, 2012
Sheik sanusi again
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by ifihearam: 10:20pm On Jun 09, 2012
If it was GEJ now. Idiots here will start running their mouth like a tap.
@sanusi,are you pple surprised?that man is evil

1 Like

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by P406: 10:21pm On Jun 09, 2012
In this country many people call themselves leaders but they really
have no idea what leadership is about.Just imagine what his personal
staff will be thinking who went for the ceremony with him, they could
have been involved and guy will go on with one meaningless ceremony
that has probably only resulted in more looting and embezzlement of our
money.The height of INSENSITIVITY in deed!!

3 Likes

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by philip0906(m): 10:21pm On Jun 09, 2012
ola_pluto: [size=18pt]Would the ceremony have gone ahead if Sanusi was involved in the crash? Would it have gone ahead if Sanusi's children had perished in it? Would it have gone ahead if the Governor of Kano state had perished in it? To me, the ceremony is the height of insensitivity[/size].
classic. . . +10000

4 Likes

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by manny4life(m): 10:22pm On Jun 09, 2012
alj harem:

I am not supporting him, I just wanted to find out what the OP meant by his topic and if he had any solution to it.

No I am not in support of Sanusi here

Well, me thought you was supporting his actions, well, from other posters, it's obvious what SLS should've done and obviously there's no solution to this one. He has shown that ceremony is more important to him now rather than closure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bomb Scare In Gwagwalada As Police Rescue Suspected Female Bomber / Aisha Buhari To Meet With 'Stop TB', A UN Hosted Organisation In New York Today / Ndi Igbo May Regret Constant Attack On Yoruba - Their Only Reliable Supporter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.