Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,023 members, 7,807,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Can One Ever Jumpstart An Automatic Car Just Like A Manual Car? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can One Ever Jumpstart An Automatic Car Just Like A Manual Car? (100980 Views)

Photos: How To Drive A Manual Car 15 Steps / Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi? / Can One Ever Jumpstart An Automatic Car Just Like A Manual Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can One Ever Jumpstart An Automatic Car Just Like A Manual Car? by trisurface: 6:17pm On Jun 12, 2012
Allt is Turenchi and people are still giving the RIGHT ANSWERS to the QUESTION THAT WAS NOT ASKED!

Its simple.
Can U push an automatic transmission vehicle till it starts? Assume the Adekunle downward slope of 3rd mainland-Can U push an AUTOMATIC car down that bridge and it will start when U PUT IT IN GEAR?

Simple.
The other question does not need an answer. You can Jumpstart any car with battery cables/Functioning battery.
grin Maybe U can even jumpstart Caterpillar grin
U fit Jumpstart Boeing 747
Re: Can One Ever Jumpstart An Automatic Car Just Like A Manual Car? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
omar22: Jump Start or Push Start

Jump start
Re: Can One Ever Jumpstart An Automatic Car Just Like A Manual Car? by lastpage: 7:27am On Jun 13, 2012
Fhemmmy: Auto rides do not do a "Push me to Start" thing.
You will need teh jump cable to connect a good battery to your dead battery and one time will respond, however, it means you cant turn off the engine if the battery is really bad, else, you will have to jump start it again. . .

[b]and make sure you know the radio code cos you will have to use it to code the radio once you change your battery.

Good luck[/b]

The black bolded above IS NOT TRUE Sir!

Even as of yesterday, l still jump-started my Automatic Avensis
(my kids left the back inner lights on for over twelve hours and it wont start by itself) and l have done this a few times.
At no time did l have to "recode" the Radio.
The worst that happened was that my "stored local radio stations" needed to be stored again.
And that does not require any codes.

Maybe you're referring to old models of Automatics (like pre 2002) sha or did l get you wrong?

Lastpage!

BTW: I would recommend to anyone that drives an automatic Transmission car to have in his/her car ALWAYS:
1.) Jump Cables

also,
Electronic battery charger that you can plug to an A/C outlet.

If my battery runs flat at home and l dont have access to another car's battery to jump-start it, l recharge it myself using number 2.
With number one, all you need is a good samaritan to spare you one minute (at anywhere) and you are good to go,
Re: Can One Ever Jumpstart An Automatic Car Just Like A Manual Car? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 13, 2012
I read you can push start the older automatic vehicles made by GM
Re: Can One Ever Jumpstart An Automatic Car Just Like A Manual Car? by spendogram: 7:48am On Jun 13, 2012
@OP, did you really say you tried it and it worked or you just copied and pasted something from somewhere?
Re: Can One Ever Jumpstart An Automatic Car Just Like A Manual Car? by Lisa1: 7:59am On Jun 13, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]thanks a lot
Re: Can One Ever Jumpstart An Automatic Car Just Like A Manual Car? by Cargoed: 9:55am On Jun 13, 2012
WARNING ! ! don't attempt to jump start a hybrid cars. Just change the battery to a fully charged battery. Also you must wait at least 5 minutes before you do anything to the vehicle. These vehicle can electric shoke you. Also their immobilizer can shut down, thinking you are about to steal the car. In that case you may need a new immo, brainbox and so on. As the key will no longer be accepted and will need to be relearned. E.g Chrysler,Lexus,Hondas

Please always re-check your car manuals don't take my word.
Re: Can One Ever Jumpstart An Automatic Car Just Like A Manual Car? by opecis: 1:35pm On Jun 13, 2012
i don't believe automatic transmission can be jumpstarted but anybody can prove that wrong by actually giving us the steps to do that not cable this, cable that.
Away from Jumpstarting, i requested anybody with a MANUAL TRANSMISSION Honda babyboy to give me quotation and pix.
Re: Can One Ever Jumpstart An Automatic Car Just Like A Manual Car? by wizkidblogger(f): 6:54pm On May 23, 2019

Re: Can One Ever Jumpstart An Automatic Car Just Like A Manual Car? by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:04am On May 24, 2019
oblo:
You are stuck in a desolate place cuz your battery gave up on you in your auto drive 2006 honda accord. U tried all you could but it never could start cuz the battery was too weak to fully crank up the engine. Is there no way that car can be jumpstarted I want opinion from gurus in car tech if there is any way it can be done without any major negative effect on the car. Let's all learn.

there is a difference between jump starting and push starting

you are asking about push starting

any car can jump started, jump starting is when either connect cables from another car to your car or use jump start packs nowdays there are portable jump packs

(1) (2) (Reply)

Innoson Vehicles Releases New Models Of Vehicle / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? / What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.