Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,959 members, 7,799,253 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Marital R.ape - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Marital R.ape (4766 Views)

‘I Killed Our 3-day-old Baby To Cover Up Pre-marital Sex’ / R ape In Brazillian Big Brother House! / I Present To You The Funniest Attempted r-ape Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marital R.ape by Justiyke4u: 6:29pm On Jun 10, 2012
Can a husband be found guilty of r.aping his wife? What would the offence be called? 'Marital R.ape' perhaps. Would that mean that a husband can always have access to his wife even without her consent or when such consent is obtained by force? What if the wife is not in her right frame of mind to have such a carnal connection would the husband be justified because she is married to him? When a woman says NO to her husband what would the husband do? Force her of course, and what would that be called? R.ape or perhaps Marital R.ape? Is there any such offence in the statute book? Guys and ladies what do you think about this situation?
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 10, 2012
Justiyke4u: Can a husband be found guilty of raping his wife? What would the offence be called? 'Marital Rape' perhaps. Would that mean that a husband can always have access to his wife even without her consent or when such consent is by force? What if the wife is not in her right frame of mind to have such a carnal connection would the husband be justified because she is married to him? When a woman says NO to her husband what would the husband do? Force her ofcourse, and what would that be called? Rape or perhaps Marital Rape? Is there any such offence in the statute book? Guys and ladies what do you think about this situation?

why don't you tell us your story first?
Re: Marital R.ape by Mynd44: 9:18pm On Jun 10, 2012
Yes a man can. Just because she is married to you does not make her some kinda sex slave
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 10, 2012
NO is always NO, married or not.

1 Like

Re: Marital R.ape by Justiyke4u: 9:38pm On Jun 10, 2012
I never used the word molestation dey changed it to molestation which changes d meanin of wat i wrote a man can be guilty of molesting his wife but i used the word rape(which is aggravated sexual assault)which is having canal knowledge with a person without consent
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 10, 2012
Justiyke4u: I never used the word molestation dey changed it to molestation which changes d meanin of wat i wrote a man can be guilty of molesting his wife but i used the word rape(which is aggravated sexual assault)which is having canal knowledge with a person without consent

You can try editing the topic and writing the word you meant (R.ape) like this: "R.ape" or use other symbols in the middle to break it down.
Re: Marital R.ape by Justiyke4u: 4:09am On Jun 11, 2012
I never used the word molestation dey changed it to molestation which changes d meanin of wat i wrote a man can be guilty of molesting his wife but i used the word r.ape(which is aggravated s.exual assault)which is having canal knowledge with a person without consent
Re: Marital R.ape by bendazum: 4:55am On Jun 11, 2012
It would be wicked for a wife to continually deny her husband intimacy. Some ladies do it as a form of revenge. Although that doesn't justify the husband forcing the wife.That is where communication comes in.Maybe theLadies remember your marital vows.Why would you deny your husband your body? He may think you are catching your fun outside. The end result is divorce. @Op Your next topic will be,'My husband wants to divorce me
What do I do?'Mtchew.
Re: Marital R.ape by bendazum: 5:01am On Jun 11, 2012
Oho!Seems op is a dude! Omo you wan rape your wife so.Some men are insatiable as regards intimacy. I think it's right for you to have asked her if she can cope with your li.bido before marrying her
Re: Marital R.ape by bendazum: 5:06am On Jun 11, 2012
Nairaland dey funny me.Imagine I ra.pe became molestation and I wanted to write di.ck. Guess what they called it?Joystick! grin
Re: Marital R.ape by Justiyke4u: 5:34am On Jun 11, 2012
bendazum: Nairaland dey funny me.Imagine I ra.pe became molestation and I wanted to write di.ck. Guess what they called it?Joystick! grin
very funny indeed and dey called s.exuality intimacy
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 11, 2012
Justiyke4u: Can a husband be found guilty of r.aping his wife? What would the offence be called? 'Marital R.ape' perhaps. Would that mean that a husband can always have access to his wife even without her consent or when such consent is obtained by force? What if the wife is not in her right frame of mind to have such a carnal connection would the husband be justified because she is married to him? When a woman says NO to her husband what would the husband do? Force her ofcourse, and what would that be called? R.ape or perhaps Marital R.ape? Is there any such offence in the statute book? Guys and ladies what do you think about this situation?

Marital r.ape can be committed but difficult or perhaps impossible to prove in the court of law.

1 Like

Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 11, 2012
There is nothing like marital rap'e. . . Rap'e is Rap'e. This is not worthy of discussion!
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 11, 2012
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 11, 2012
This is a really good thread! I would love to know what people think, especially feminists. It gets very confusing when faith/religion gets involved. It was once dismissive in court in the past but now used as a vindication for divorce.
Haven't read any mind blowing argument yet; where are the smart people C'mon let's get the show on the road!
Re: Marital R.ape by RealBitch(f): 7:34am On Jun 11, 2012
Any kind of sexual intercourse against the will of a participant na RAPE oooo!!
Re: Marital R.ape by Justiyke4u: 7:41am On Jun 11, 2012
sexkillz: There is nothing like marital rap'e. . . Rap'e is Rap'e. This is not worthy of discussion!
if u think so my friend why hasnt been any jail term on any man for committing r.ape on his wife? I believe that rap.e is r.ape but does our court believe so?or are u blind to see dat
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 11, 2012
Justiyke4u:
if u think so my friend why[b] hasnt been[/b] any jail term on any man for committing r.ape on his wife? I believe that rap.e is r.ape but does our court believe so?or are u blind to see dat

Only in a jungle like Nigeria would anyone assume that just because the "court" (which court?) sees no wrong in a case, means that there's nothing wrong. It's all about how the case is presented. There's a reason why they call lawyers liars.

In a jungle like Nigeria, it's okay for a man to forcefully perform sex on a woman without given consent, just because she's his wife. How does a wedding ring turn "No" to "Yes"? Why should it?

We're in the 21st century, all you simply need to do is Google "man raping wife" and you'll see a ton load of those cases you'll see that there "has been".
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 11, 2012
Justiyke4u:
if u think so my friend why hasnt been any jail term on any man for committing r.ape on his wife? I believe that rap.e is r.ape but does our court believe so?or are u blind to see dat
I know what the law says on the issue, but i don't need a fccking law to tell me rap'e is wrong and criminal. Have you ever wondered why the law says rap'e is an offense when a lady is unmarried, but when her husband is behind the rap'e incident, it's not an offence? That's because, the law is an arse. . .
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 11, 2012
^^^Wait, so Nigeria's law actually states that it's not r"ape when it concerns wife/Mr Wife?
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
^^^Wait, so Nigeria's law actually states that it's not r"ape when it concerns wife/Mr Wife?
Not just the Nigeria law. . . Lemme look for a link to paste.
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 11, 2012
@ Ileke-IdI: It was reviewed in 2008 but Marital r.ape is still not viewed as a criminal act
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 11, 2012
How can bleeping your wife be a r.ape? How will it be proved?

A conventional rap.e case is extremely difficult to establish not to talk of a mutual union where $ex is norm.
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 11, 2012
Shollypopz: @ Ileke-IdI: It was reviewed in 2008 but Marital r.ape is still not viewed as a criminal act

*Faints* WDH? Are you serious?

sexkillz: Not just the Nigeria law. . . Lemme look for a link to paste.

Find the link plz, I need to read up on this.
I've read news/articles of husbands getting charged for raping their wives.
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 11, 2012
Prof Corruption: How can bleeping your wife be a r.ape? How will it be proved?

A conventional rap.e case is extremely difficult to establish not to talk of a mutual union where $ex is norm.

Esp when she said no and has pubic bruises to show as evidence?

No wonder Nigerian women are cutting off their husband's dcciks. Who can blames them when the law is not even there to protect them?
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 11, 2012
I'm on a mobile device. It's difficult to find that link. It was on thread where this issue was extensively debated here on NL. It should be in the violent crimes section i think. . . .
Search for a thread titled "Can a man rap'e his wife". . . That's where the link is.
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 11, 2012
sexkillz: I'm on a mobile device. It's difficult to find that link. It was on thread where this issue was extensively debated here on NL. It should be in the violent crimes section i think. . . .
Search for a thread titled "Can a man rap'e his wife". . . That's where the link is.

New NL search engine really sucks, it doesn't help.
I can wait for you to post the link, whenever you get to your computer.
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

New NL search engine really sucks, it doesn't help.
I can wait for you to post the link, whenever you get to your computer.
ok
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 11, 2012
Prof Corruption: How can bleeping your wife be a r.ape? How will it be proved?

Finally, an opposing party!
Lemme give you points! Religion formed the basis of most laws in Nigeria and US.
Nigeria- Christianity/Islam mostly
U.S.A- Christianity
Now, people should know that it was just considered a criminal act in the USA in the 20th century
Christianity clearly states that the body of a wife/husband belongs to their spouse!
Now, some people believe that when you marry you have automatically consented to sex!
(2.) We have also seen some cases whereby a wife accuses her husband falsely of r.ape because they want to win child custody or plainly seeking for a divorce.
Besides, there is a lot of he said-she said involved, making it really easy for people to lie
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 11, 2012
U deny him se.x because u claim ur not in d mood, and then when he goes out to satisfy the urge, u say he's an infidel! Y on earth should a woman deny her husband of se.x? Y? What if ur mood is not my mood? What if i dont hv d urge when u eventually wnt us to do? If u really love me as ur husband, and u wnt2 be submissive, then u would displease urself to please me; cos I'll do same for u! The law is never an a.s.s for not seeing anything wrong in marital ra.p.e or whatever! This marriage thing self, na wah!
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 11, 2012
austushi1: U deny him se.x because u claim ur not in d mood, and then when he goes out to satisfy the urge, u say he's an infidel! Y on earth should a woman deny her husband of se.x? Y? What if ur mood is not my mood? What if i dont hv d urge when u eventually wnt us to do? If u really love me as ur husband, and u wnt2 be submissive, then u would displease urself to please me; cos I'll do same for u! The law is never an a.s.s for not seeing anything wrong in marital ra.p.e or whatever! This marriage thing self, na wah!

ROTFLMAO!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
So because she declined sex, it means she doesn't love you? I know men like you. . . . . well, I used to. Thank God.

Cheating is another discussion. Declination of sex is not an excuse to cheat. Retain more self-control, and use your hand if need be. If sex is important enough for you to end the marriage, then end it.
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 11, 2012
Marital r'ape can not be proved. Simple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Female Robbers Flogged, Stripped Na*ked In Abuja (graphic Photos ) / Man’s Manhood Shifts To His Knees After Have Sex With Another Man's Wife / Nairalander Jethro2(Yinka Adeshola) arrested by EFCC(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.