Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,309 members, 7,780,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:55 PM

Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely (10492 Views)

Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? / Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen / You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by sexyzeeno: 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2012
Almost 2 years now dat i've been dating this guy and I love him so much and I can do anything 4 him. I was with him last weekend and I ask if he truly love him and he said he didn't knw dt I shld not be angry is just dat he's not sure that he need time to figure it out. Am hurting pls advise me.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by Rocktation(f): 8:05pm On Jun 11, 2012
Well, he's prolly trying to figure out whether it's love he feels for you, or just intense likeness. Have you thought of it that way? Lol. Most of us sometimes, are quick to tell ourselves and others that we love them when infact, we just feel strongly attracted to them, which isn't always love....or is it? I wonder. Your definition of love mightn't be his and as long as he's still with you and shows that he cares, even without the vocal expression, you should have nothing to worry about. You know we're faster in quantifying our feelings than they are so.......

.......did i just say all that? Two years on and he still can't tell whether he loves you? Oh my. Was he trying to be unruly to you or what? I mean, it doesn't take anything out of boyfriends and girlfriends in these times to tell each other, 'i love you', like every freaking two minutes, even when they both can tell that the both of them do not mean it! Now i'm confused. What is his deal?

Hmmmph....anyhoo, don't hurt too much, he wouldn't be with you, if he doesn't care at least...i think. And if he doesn't care, he prolly respects you for still sticking with you. And respect still breeds care and care, love. See?....win-win situation all around for you, i tell you.

What you should do? Exhibit patience. It is well.
..........................i think................................

13 Likes

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by Mynd44: 8:29pm On Jun 11, 2012
You dated for two years and he is not sure. The guy is the classical example of what we can an AR-SEHOLE. Dump him and never look back.

5 Likes

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 11, 2012
^^blah blah blah.
OP what did you expect to hear on here aside from "dump him dump him dump him". The people you are asking for advice are not you. Only you know what you feel and how he treats you and hence what you should do.

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by RealBitch(f): 8:36pm On Jun 11, 2012
He's still trying to figure out after TWO years?? Interesting

1 Like

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 11, 2012
@ Poster, ur BF is a very smart guy an he's playing on your intelligence grin grin grin
but since you need help, i gladly say you should put ur mind at rest. He's testing
you grin grin grin for most Naija girls, when a guy tells them they are in luv wit them,
they simply take advantage by turning the guy into a cash cow, and they will surely
suck him dry.. i.e when the guy says he can't afford something, they bring in the
love word into it by saying, you don't love me, if you love me, you will get that
stuff for me not matter the price. I hope u get my drift that ur bobo is really
smart.. LOL

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by Nosu(m): 11:21pm On Jun 11, 2012
It is a pity a lot of person don't know what love is. From wat I can see he is almost done wit u. and am sure he has gotten what he want. Man always feel he is wise, but God himself is Wisdom. a lot wil keep looking for love Until they find God. The natural man can not love. Not dat he doesn't want to love, he jst doesn't hv d ability to love. madam seek God and u wil find love.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by Mynd44: 5:12am On Jun 12, 2012
The guy is at quarter to dump you. You better prepare yourself cos soon, he will be through and will leave you cold
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by KINGwax(m): 7:08am On Jun 12, 2012
sexyzeeno: Almost 2 years now dat i've been dating this guy and I love him so much and I can do anything 4 him. I was with him last weekend and I ask if he truly love him and he said he didn't knw dt I shld not be angry is just dat he's not sure that he need time to figure it out. Am hurting pls advise me.
laugh to kill me o. Seriously? U asked him if he truly loves u? Hehehe...secondary school drills.
let's do ds again...
You: (heads on the guys chest, stroking his monkey being, i mean his hairy chest, speaks in a moody voice), can i ask u somethin?
The sharp guysadwith his hands strokin your 'overdue and cheap' weave-on) ask anythin sweetheart.
You, the fo0l: (shy, smiles,): do u really love me? (raises her head to face him), i mean, do u?
The guysadhis hands entangled in the now falling off wannabe hair), hmmm...well, i do..
The girl: blushin, or happy, or dancing...seriously help me out, what will u have done if he had say yes? I only knw of more fucck and nothin else. Will u have gone to church for testimony?
Girl you're sick. Love doesn't exists..seriously, KINGwax alwys says:
LOVE IS JST A TOOL, WIELDED BUY THE WISE, TO DECEIVE THE FO0L, IN ORDER TO GET WHAT HE DESIRED! Arrant Nonsense

10 Likes

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by childluck(m): 10:58am On Jun 12, 2012
@Op. Yours is the best thread i've read here just because i can feel it coming straight from the heart.
Anyway, "It's so good loving somebody and that somebody loves you back"
If after 2yrs he still cannot say boldly and loudly that he loves you then HE IS NOT WORTH YOUR LOVE !!!
I have learnt that sometimes in life -- "We don't know what we've got until we lost it"

Do not however force him to tell you that he loves you, he may lie to you then.
Just tell him "goodbye" without explanation and let him fill the ....... gap !!!

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by ayizz(m): 11:42am On Jun 12, 2012
one word....love na yahoo,love na scam.....LOVE na 419 eeehhhhh

1 Like

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by luckgames(m): 12:41pm On Jun 12, 2012
sexyzeeno: Almost 2 years now dat i've been dating this guy and I love him so much and I can do anything 4 him. I was with him last weekend and I ask if he truly love him and he said he didn't knw dt I shld not be angry is just dat he's not sure that he need time to figure it out. Am hurting pls advise me.

Does women love genuinely?
Girl please replay that
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by Idowuogbo(f): 12:52pm On Jun 12, 2012
U are just asking him dat question after 2yrs? Hmmmmm.... I bet talking about commitments will take anoda 7yrs rite? SMH!
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2012
If he needs to think about that, after two years of dating, then you clearly need to move on.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by kpolli(m): 1:59pm On Jun 12, 2012

Somethings are best left unknown. . . . You asked the wrong question

1 Like

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by RealBitch(f): 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2012
luckgames:

Does women love genuinely?
Girl please replay that
here's a REPLAY. Yes dear, womem DOES love genuinely.

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by luckgames(m): 2:10pm On Jun 12, 2012
RealBitch: here's a REPLAY. Yes dear, womem DOES love genuinely.

What are you trying to do school me
Sorry
Women love men for something security
Is that your photo on your profile?
You look gangster

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by RealBitch(f): 2:20pm On Jun 12, 2012
luckgames:

What are you trying to do school me
Sorry
Women love men for something security
You look gangster
security? Are all men soldiers?:/
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by luckgames(m): 2:25pm On Jun 12, 2012
RealBitch: security? Are all men soldiers?:/
NO
You didn't answer my question
You look gangste
Men are very nice
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by luckgames(m): 2:27pm On Jun 12, 2012
luckgames:
NO
You didn't answer my question
You look gangste
Men are very nice
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by luckgames(m): 2:27pm On Jun 12, 2012
n/A
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by RealBitch(f): 2:35pm On Jun 12, 2012
Better than looking like a doormat,so i'll take that as a compliment.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by luckgames(m): 2:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
RealBitch: Better than looking like a doormat,so i'll take that as a compliment.
Sorry
it is a question
I am sorry but you look hard core
You might have a very nice body but the tattoo is a turn off
I am conservative in some ways

1 Like

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by RealBitch(f): 2:49pm On Jun 12, 2012
luckgames:
it is a question
I am sorry but you look hard core
You might have a very nice body but the tattoo is a turn off
I am conservative in some ways
not my problem:|
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by luckgames(m): 2:50pm On Jun 12, 2012
RealBitch: not my problem:|
Good for You
Hard core look
Have a great day
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by Jamesmelbin(m): 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2012
I could contribute.. I could say the guy is not sure realy, or joking or maybe he didn't hear what you said very well. Pls, are u the one who ask him to date you? Haven't he ever told you he love you- for two years? If he haven't then I fear oooo.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by lovejo(m): 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2012
I think most guy hate that question if my gf ask me similar question i will not give her smiling answer, it takes love to be with a lady for 2 yrs, if he really want to use and dump her; he would have dump her a long time.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by foyeks2001(f): 4:06pm On Jun 12, 2012
after 2years, he is still unsure.....hmmmmm
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 12, 2012
@op seems u r in deep shit! First u r lucky he was even honest with you. The bottom line is a times out of unexplainable reason we get "twisted" inside and call it love. This inner "twist" some times could be intense that you could loss your mind and all that you ever stood for just to feel better inside. My advise to you; you had better start pulling out. Asking you never to see him again, is something I know that given your lever if "inner twist" that might be like telling to go commit suicide. The best you could do is to look for something else and focus on it, maybe a mini-project, that will help in unwinding your "twisted inner self". Please if you ever managed to "untwist" yourself from this never again should you allow yourself to be in such situation even in marriage. You just have to see every union like an agreement, where you do what is required of you at all time, so that by the end of the day if the agreement fails you wont be held responsible and or feel hurt.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by Mynd44: 4:15pm On Jun 12, 2012
lovejo: I think most guy hate that question if my gf ask me similar question i will not give her smiling answer, it takes love to be with a lady for 2 yrs, if he really want to use and dump her; he would have dump her a long time.
perhaps he has not gotten what he is after.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by amosy007: 4:19pm On Jun 12, 2012
Rocktation: Well, he's prolly trying to figure out whether it's love he feels for you, or just intense likeness. Have you thought of it that way? Lol. Most of us sometimes, are quick to tell ourselves and others that we love them when infact, we just feel strongly attracted to them, which isn't always love....or is it? I wonder. Your definition of love mightn't be his and as long as he's still with you and shows that he cares, even without the vocal expression, you should have nothing to worry about. You know we're faster in quantifying our feelings than they are so.......

.......did i just say all that? Two years on and he still can't tell whether he loves you? Oh my. Was he trying to be unruly to you or what? I mean, it doesn't take anything out of boyfriends and girlfriends in these times to tell each other, 'i love you', like every freaking two minutes, even when they both can tell that the both of them do not mean it! Now i'm confused. What is his deal?

Hmmmph....anyhoo, don't hurt too much, he wouldn't be with you, if he doesn't care at least...i think. And if he doesn't care, he prolly respects you for still sticking with you. And respect still breeds care and care, love. See?....win-win situation all around for you, i tell you.

What you should do? Exhibit patience. It is well.
..........................i think................................
hmmm
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by amosy007: 4:22pm On Jun 12, 2012
Jamesmelbin: I could contribute.. I could say the guy is not sure realy, or joking or maybe he didn't hear what you said very well.[b] Pls, are u the one who ask him to date you? [/b]Haven't he ever told you he love you- for two years? If he haven't then I fear oooo.
and what is wrong with her asking him to date him when its obvious they "like" each other?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is This Lesbianism? / Who Will Your Val Be? / Sexual Mistakes Women Make In Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.