Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Your Quiet Time With God. How Interesting? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Quiet Time With God. How Interesting? (892 Views)

Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? / If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? / Awesome God, How Great Thou Art: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Quiet Time With God. How Interesting? by dafidixone(m): 11:55am On Nov 24, 2007
Quiet time could refer to those precious moments after the kids are in bed, but for Christians, a quiet time is more than that. Quiet time, or devotion time, refers to our daily appointment with God, when we shut out as much outside interference as possible. During our quiet time, we may sing praise songs, pray, read Scripture or daily devotions, meditate on God's Word, or simply be still and listen. Making that appointment is one thing; keeping it is something else entirely!

Share yours with us. What you do right and What you pray God to help you improve. Shallom! smiley
Re: Your Quiet Time With God. How Interesting? by tuneh(f): 11:48am On Nov 25, 2007
Hi David,

i noticed that no one has chosen to reply yet all the 'controversial' and vain arguments are full of equally vain replies. Not to worry, many are called but few are chosen. My quiet times with God are always beautiful, the only problem is that they are not regular. This is something I'm still praying for and trying to improve. Usually I talk to God without all the flowery words we hear from congregations today. If I'm feeling low, then i say it straight and somehow, with music playing in the background, i get into worship and gradually focus on the Person of God and less on what's going on with me. Then I actually sense His love enveloping me and then suddenly, absolutely everything is ok. I've found that it has nothing to do with how energetic your prayer is (note to all those 'prayer warriors'!). Sometimes I hardly speak, though I cry and it can be quite embarrassing to see. I don't like it happening in a public place. Sometimes it's just enough to sit quietly and listen. Right now I'm praying to hear Him more clearly above the noise of this world. I'd give anything to just be 100% in His presence, even if it means I have to leave this world. This world sucks anyway.

tuneh

1 Like

Re: Your Quiet Time With God. How Interesting? by dafidixone(m): 11:06am On Nov 26, 2007
Hi David,

i noticed that no one has chosen to reply yet all the 'controversial' and vain arguments are full of equally vain replies. Not to worry, many are called but few are chosen. My quiet times with God are always beautiful, the only problem is that they are not regular. This is something I'm still praying for and trying to improve. Usually I talk to God without all the flowery words we hear from congregations today. If I'm feeling low, then i say it straight and somehow, with music playing in the background, i get into worship and gradually focus on the Person of God and less on what's going on with me. Then I actually sense His love enveloping me and then suddenly, absolutely everything is ok. I've found that it has nothing to do with how energetic your prayer is (note to all those 'prayer warriors'!). Sometimes I hardly speak, though I cry and it can be quite embarrassing to see. I don't like it happening in a public place. Sometimes it's just enough to sit quietly and listen. Right now I'm praying to hear Him more clearly above the noise of this world. I'd give anything to just be 100% in His presence, even if it means I have to leave this world. This world sucks anyway.

tuneh

Good to hear above all that you are actually maintaining your relationship with God. Truely Many are Called but few are Chosen. I pray that among the few we shall not be found wanting In Jesus Name.

My quiet time with God is the most beautiful time I ever noticed.

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Request For The Pope ! Osama Bin Ladin Promised To Visit Him Soon: / Was d 10 Commandments Esp The 4th Nailed To The Cross?please Backup Answers Wt Bible quotations / Do You Believe In God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.